PDA

View Full Version : Half-Titan Question

Nosta
2017-04-28, 10:15 PM
Half-Titan Bastards & Bloodline Question.
Dose The Template Give a size increase, I ask Cause I see the example is on a Minotaur who is Normally size large, and they have the Half-Titan Minotaur As size Huge but I see nothing say it gives a size increase.

can someone Tell me if my character will Get one?

atemu1234
2017-04-28, 10:32 PM
Half-Titan Bastards & Bloodline Question:

Does the template give a size increase, I ask beause I see the example is on a Minotaur who is normally size large, and they have the Half-Titan Minotaur As size Huge but I see nothing that says it gives a size increase.

Can someone tell me if my character will get one?

Reworded for accessibility reasons. Give me a second to dig up my copy of Bastards and Bloodlines and I'll see if I can give an actual reason.

Also, out of curiosity, is english not your first language or is it something more like dyslexia? Not to pry.

Edit: Okay, looking through my copy there's no mention of it increasing size. And going by my copy of Monster Manual, there's no mention of it increasing size with hit dice, either.

By strict rulings, you won't get a size increase. The minotaur in the example statblock has a mistake made somewhere along the line, but that has no impact on the listings in the template itself.

Nosta
2017-04-28, 10:41 PM
Reworded for accessibility reasons. Give me a second to dig up my copy of Bastards and Bloodlines and I'll see if I can give an actual reason.

Also, out of curiosity, is english not your first language or is it something more like dyslexia? Not to pry.

Ya its dyslexia, I'm sorry for my Horrid Typing >.<

I am getting the Template for Free (Minus the spell casting >.<)

atemu1234
2017-04-28, 10:42 PM
Ya its dyslexia, I'm sorry for my Horrid Typing >.<

I am getting the Template for Free (Minus the spell casting >.<)

Always happy to help. I used to have a player that had dyslexia too, so I'm used to helping.

Nosta
2017-04-28, 10:53 PM
Always happy to help. I used to have a player that had dyslexia too, so I'm used to helping.
Ya? I'm still new to some stuff in the genre, I Started out playing a Anime style D20 Game as my Introductory To Dice Rp.
I even Gm one once, so that was a good Experience. I play with a group of Friends I have seen Grade school.

I've Been playing for a modest amount of Time, Since 2012. But Have Done At least 9 to 11 Campaigns, Mostly do to the fact that we Had Two going at a time some time, one Gm running one and another Gming another

atemu1234
2017-04-28, 10:59 PM
Ya? I'm still new to some stuff in the genre, I Started out playing a Anime style D20 Game as my Introductory To Dice Rp.
I even Gm one once, so that was a good Experience. I play with a group of Friends I have seen Grade school.

I've Been playing for a modest amount of Time, Since 2012. But Have Done At least 9 to 11 Campaigns, Mostly do to the fact that we Had Two going at a time some time, one Gm running one and another Gming another

Big Eyes Small Mouth D20? 3.5 was my first system, though I've kind of moved more into Pathfinder, to better use both new material and convert old material to the new(er) system.

Well, in either case, I actually started at about the same time. Self-taught, with the help of these forums. Then I taught my friends to play, and one of them is even the aforementioned player.

I'm of the opinion that games like this should operate with their full potential while being fully accessible.

Remuko
2017-04-29, 12:36 PM

Edit: Okay, looking through my copy there's no mention of it increasing size. And going by my copy of Monster Manual, there's no mention of it increasing size with hit dice, either.

By strict rulings, you won't get a size increase. The minotaur in the example statblock has a mistake made somewhere along the line, but that has no impact on the listings in the template itself.

Idk given the flavor of the template it really seems that the error is not in the minotaur but in the template not saying that it gives an increase. I'd say RAI it definitely does, and that the RAW is clearly a typo by omission. You're part Titan you should definitely be bigger than normal and the statblock for the Minotaur supports this idea.

torrasque666
2017-04-29, 03:00 PM
My copy of Bastards and Bloodlines has a the Half-Titan Minotaur as a Large Outsider, not Huge.

Remuko
2017-04-29, 04:44 PM
My copy of Bastards and Bloodlines has a the Half-Titan Minotaur as a Large Outsider, not Huge.

Oh, well that changes things! I retract my previous statement. Though I still think that way makes more sense, even if its now not only not RAW but likely not RAI either.