PDA

View Full Version : Oh you think thats good, loom at this, new Bace Class: SKiller

D&DPrinceTandem
2017-04-29, 01:24 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd317/MoonStar0715/anime/neko/NekoRogue.jpg

"Stabbing takes skill, falling takes skill. You do not have skill, let me show you what it looks like" ~Any Skiller ever

SKiller
Glorified Expert, maybe. Master of skill monkeys everywhere, Definitely!

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special
Skill bonus

1st
+0
+2
+2
+2
Skiller Focus, Skillful Reflexes
+1

2nd
+1
+3
+3
+3
Skill Trickz
+2

3rd
+2
+3
+3
+3
Combine Skill
+2

4th
+3
+4
+4
+4
Skill Trickz
+3

5th
+3
+4
+4
+4
Health Skills,
+3

6th
+4
+5
+5
+5
Skill Trickz
+4

7th
+5
+5
+5
+5
Combine Skill
+4

8th
+6/+1
+6
+6
+6
Skill Trickz
+5

9th
+6/+1
+6
+6
+6
Weapon of Skills [dmg]
+5

10th
+7/+2
+7
+7
+7
Sight of the Skill,
Skill Trickz
+6

11th
+8/+3
+7
+7
+7
Weapon of Skills [attack]
+6

12th
+9/+4
+8
+8
+8
Skill Trickz
+7

13th
+9/+4
+8
+8
+8
Combine Skill
+7

14th
+10/+5
+9
+9
+9
Skill Trickz
+8

15th
+11/+6/+1
+9
+9
+9
Ease Skill
+8

16th
+12/+7/+2
+10
+10
+10
Skill Trickz
+9

17th
+12/+7/+2
+10
+10
+10
Combine Skill
+9

18th
+13/+8/+3
+11
+11
+11
Skill Trickz
+10

19th
+14/+9/+4
+11
+11
+11
Weapon of Skills [x2]
+10

20th
+15/+10/+5
+12
+12
+12
Single Skill,
Skill Trickz
+11

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d6

Class Skills:
All skills are class skills of the Skiller.
Skill Points at 1st Level: (8 + Int modifier) × 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 12 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armour Proficiency
Skillers are proficient with Simple and Martial weapons, Light and medium armor and all shields. They also gain Proficiency with 3 exotic weapons of choosing. These 3 exotic weapon Profiencies can not be changed. (not Psychic Reformation, chaos shuffle, ect.)

Skill bonus (Ex)
A Skiller has the innate ability of being skillful, they are great at many things from climbing towers to swimming the depths of the ocean. Each hour you can distribute the number on the chart as a bonus to your skill roll. Distribution is done as a Full round action at lvl 1, At level 5 this becomes a Standard action, at lvl 10, this becomes a Move Action, at lvl 15 the becomes a Swift Action. (Progression is 1+1 per Even level)

Skiller Focus (Ex)
At the beginning of a Skiller's day they may add a +3 bonus to as many skills as they have levels. This bonus applies for the entire day. If they wish they may change these skills the following day, they are not locked in place.

Skillful Reflexes (Ex)
a Skiller gain there intelligence modifier to there Reflex saves and Ac [as an ac bonus like a monk with wisdom]. They lose this bonus if they were armor heavier then light. For AC the max is equal to x2 the int modifier.

Skill Trickz (Ex)
Every Even level a Skiller gains 2 Skill tricks. as for meeting prerequisite, treat a skiller's skills as x1.5. Any skill trick the Requires a roll to pass the dc is reduced by half your level.

Health Skills (Ex)
When a skiller reaches level 5 there proficiency with the scalpel becomes more keen, 1/encounter/5 levels they can make a Heal check as a move action. They then take the result and divided it by five (Round up). This result is then The amount of D6 they roll, THIS result is the amount they heal. for that round he is considered Fighting Defensively for all perposes but can not under any circumstance make any attacks of Opportunity, nor does he threaten any squares around him. For Example: Tan has been injured by a caravan of bugbears and there leader a troll he uses this ability and rolls a d20+10 (his bonus). his result is a 20 total. Then he divides this by 5 getting 4. Then he rolls 4d6 and heals this amount. This ability can only be used on the Skiller himself.

Combine Skill (Ex)
When you gain this Class feature pick two Skills, these skill are forever more the same skill, when you gain a bonus to one you gain a bonus to the other, you cannot choose a skill that already been Combined. Nor can you choose Jump. If the Skiller has a feat (such as versatile performer) that allows skills of one subset to apply to a category you can not apply this to it.

Weapon of the Skills (Ex)
the skiller gains a bonus to there Attack and damage equal to there Intelligence modifier at the designated levels for each.At lvl 19 you gain double this number This bonus is halved against things immune to crits.

Sight of the Skill (Ex)
Gain Skillsight out to 2X[rank in Spot] ft and blindsense out to 5X[search ranks] both rounded up to nearest 5.
Skillsight: Skill sight is a special technique used by skillers of formidably power, it allows them to sense the world around them, even at times where sight would be void, such as in a darkness spell or fog cloud. Skillsight functions as Blindsight without any of its weaknesses (such as Darkstalker).

Ease Skill (Ex)
any skill you have both a +3 bonus from Skiller focus and as a Combines Skill you can make you can take a lvl-5 instead of the roll, even if stressed or the like. (max of 20 at lvl 25)

Skill Efficiant (Ex)
At 20th level, the Skiller's becomes the most Acrobatic, the most linguistic, the most DIPLOMATIC of all. A god in skill alone. All the Skillers Skills become Int focused, and 3/day a Skiller may treat any Int based d20 roll (be it an attack, Reflex save, or Skill check etc.) as a Natural 20. Although they may use this 3 times a day they may not use it more than once per encounter (or 5 minutes if not in battle) Also the Skillet learns all Languages (including Secret Languages).

D&DPrinceTandem
2017-04-29, 01:26 AM
Reserved just incase

feel feel to respond

Westhart
2017-04-30, 06:31 AM
Looking at this I decided to PEACH, even though you did not say either way... you also did not say what edition this is for, so I PEACH'ed assuming 3.5e. If it is not 3.5 some of the things I said may apply, they may not. Either way, I will put it in a spoiler so you can look if you want.

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d6

Class Skills:
All skills are class skills of the Skiller.
Skill Points at 1st Level: (12 + Int modifier) × 6
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 12 + Int modifier

In 3.5 skill points at first level are x4 not x6, 12 is a huge number of skill points, the rogue only gets 8, and the factotum only gets 10... Also, no spellcasting so spellcraft should not be a skill they have.

Weapon and Armour Proficiency
Skillers are proficient with Simple an Martial weapons, Light and medium armor and all shields. They also gain Proficiency with 3 exotic weapons of choosing.

simple and martial
Just to note 3 exotics=3 free feats; cheese mongers will delight with the chaos shuffle. This is good though, if they want to cheese let em.

Skill bonus (Ex)
A Skiller has the innate ability of being skillful, they are great at many things from climbing towers to swimming the depths of the ocean. Each round you can distribute the number on the chart as a bonus to your skill roll.

Maybe make a certain actual progression at a fixed rate so it can continue into epic play. If you gave them +1 every odd level (Starting at 1) it would come out the same and not ramp up so suddenly. Also no action described for distributing (free?)

Skiller Focus (Ex)
a Skiller Gains Skill focus as a bonus feat, as many times as they have levels in the class. They choose what these Skill focus go to at the same time a cleric would prepare spells. They last 24 hours

maybe rephrase this so it sounds better, and can not be trained out? Could be solved like this:
Skiller Focus (Ex): At the beginning of a Skiller's day they may add a +3 bonus to as many skills as they have levels. This bonus applies for the entire day. If they wish they may change these skills the following day, they are not locked in place.

Skillful Reflexes (Ex)
a Skiller gain there Intelligence to there Reflex saves and Ac [as an ac bonus like a monk with wisdom]

First, if it works like a monk then they can only use it unarmored but they have light and medium armor... maybe when wearing any armor lighter then heavy or not wearing any? Two more things: Should be intelligence modifier because other wise... :belkar: That can get bad very quickly. Last, consider making it up to class level, otherwise this is an excellent dip for wizards (And other high Int characters in general)

Skill Trickz (Ex)
Every Even level a Skiller gains 2 Skill tricks. as for meeting prerequisite, treat a skiller's skills as doubled.

At every even level the Skiller gains 2 skill tricks. For meeting the required skill ranks treat the skiller as having twice as many as he has placed in that skill. (But do consider that some that require a certain skill need successful use of that skill to do what it is for, just to note)

Health Skills (Ex)
You retroactively add your Heal ranks to your hp each level, but only for levels in Skiller.

Well, this is effectively +4 hp at first, and +1 of the previous every additional level... (+5, +6, etc) Nevermind it is retroactive... so a 20th level would have 23 ranks, which 23*20 gives us somewhere around 460 bonus HP... even if you halved it would be 230... Which is a lot of bonus HP. Would not be so bad if it were not retroactive and even then... This class is exposed to focus on skills, but that HP... get some magic items and you would have an effective tank because with your AC bonuses... things get crazy...

Combine Skill (Ex)
When you gain this Class feature pick two Skills, these skill are forever more the same skill, when you gain a bonus to one you gain a bonus to the other, you cannot choose a skill that already been Combined. Nor can you choose Jump.

Basically skill consolidation, do not get why jump is excluded, also just going to note that versatile performer (allows you to use highest ranks in one perform for all) can still be combined with this, allowing all your perform and one other skill to be together... Maybe make a Special: If the Skiller has a feat (such as versatile performer) that allows skills of one subset to apply to a category you can not apply this to it. That would stop combining heal and perform to max them out easily...

Weapon of the Skills (Ex)
the skiller gains a bonus to there Attack and damage equal to there Intelligence modifier at the designated levels for each. At lvl 19 you gain double this number

Well, we are at a high enough level where I doubt we will see many dippers, but consider giving them something similar to the swashbuckler, where it does not work against things immune to crits, sinc eit is the 'skill' and where you get them on the body.

Sight of the Skill (Ex)
Gain Touchsight out to 5x[rank in Spot] ft and blindsense out to 10x[search ranks]

Touchsight? Do you mean blindsight?
Also, this is ridiculously big, the 'touchsight' at full skillranks when this is gained equals 65' and the blindsense is 130'
Consider cuttting them down, 2.5 and 5 respectively. Then round down to nearest 5' increment.

Ease Skill (Ex)
Any skill you can make you can take a lvl-5 instead of the roll, even if stressed or the like.

This ability is extraordinary, some classes grant it with 'acrobatic' skills but for all skills... Maybe only skills you used combine skill with... or a number equal to 1/2 his level? Taking 15 (at level 20) on any skill you wish is crazy, especially for opposed skills.

Single skill (Ex)
At 20th level, the Skiller's Skills all become one, It has maximum Skill points possible. When you roll for this skill you can elect that all skill rolls that round that skill result. Outside bonuses Stack to this skill [so if you had 20 Skill focuses for different Skills the add to give the skill a +40]
Uhm, this is one of the more broken capstones I have seen, all those bonuses you gave depending on one skill? Now they are all maxed... Intimidate? got it. Feint? Got it. UMD? Got it. and the list could go on. Also it is not very clear, are you saying they can roll a skill and for that round all other skills can use the skill result?

This class needs to be balanced overall, I love the concept but some of the abilities are scary powerful. Even its chassis is pretty nice, all good saves and 3/4 BAB. I would suggest dropping fort (They are a skill monkey) and possibly will to poor saves... Also, if you keep the health skills ability I would drop to a d4 hit die because at first level they have 7 from a max hit die and heal ranks, with a Con of 10... Really at low levels this class may be alright, but it begins to spiral out of control very quickly. Also it is very SAD, with Int to AC, damage, attack, reflex saves, you can dump dex and str. Bonus hp from heal skills lets you not worry about con too much. Wisdom helps with saves but is not that important. Charisma is completely dumped...

Personal Opinion: Way too overpowered.

nikkoli
2017-05-01, 03:42 AM
I'll wait for creators response because NothingAbnormal got all the points.
But, NothingAbnormal, touchsight is a psionic power, I believe it is on the d20srd, and it basically is blindsight.

Westhart
2017-05-02, 05:29 AM
I'll wait for creators response because NothingAbnormal got all the points.
But, NothingAbnormal, touchsight is a psionic power, I believe it is on the d20srd, and it basically is blindsight.

Ah, working on getting the psionics books, just started reading tome of magic, and need to start incarnum :smallsigh:

D&DPrinceTandem
2018-03-16, 11:13 PM
So here we go, sorry for the late response.
Looking at this I decided to PEACH, even though you did not say either way... you also did not say what edition this is for, so I PEACH'ed assuming 3.5e. If it is not 3.5 some of the things I said may apply, they may not. Either way, I will put it in a spoiler so you can look if you want.
Yes it is 3.5, should remember that next time.

In 3.5 skill points at first level are x4 not x6, 12 is a huge number of skill points, the rogue only gets 8, and the factotum only gets 10... Also, no spellcasting so spellcraft should not be a skill they have.
..yea.. I was doing stupid when I wrote this if you can't tell. Changing it to 8+Int *4. I pick 8 so they can make full use of there Abilities. a 8 allows them to max out 8 + Int # of stats, which will probably be enough.

simple and martial
Just to note 3 exotics=3 free feats; cheese mongers will delight with the chaos shuffle. This is good though, if they want to cheese let em.
Yes, Fixing wording about Exotic Weapon Proficiency.

Maybe make a certain actual progression at a fixed rate so it can continue into epic play. If you gave them +1 every odd level (Starting at 1) it would come out the same and not ramp up so suddenly. Also no action described for distributing (free?)
Fixed Distribution and progression

maybe rephrase this so it sounds better, and can not be trained out? Could be solved like this:
Skiller Focus (Ex): At the beginning of a Skiller's day they may add a +3 bonus to as many skills as they have levels. This bonus applies for the entire day. If they wish they may change these skills the following day, they are not locked in place.
that.. sounds like what I am shooting for. Thanks!

First, if it works like a monk then they can only use it unarmored but they have light and medium armor... maybe when wearing any armor lighter then heavy or not wearing any? Two more things: Should be intelligence modifier because other wise... :belkar: That can get bad very quickly. Last, consider making it up to class level, otherwise this is an excellent dip for wizards (And other high Int characters in general)
Yup, armor is in. But as for the Wizard dip, I don't want to change it, she can't let cleric have all the fun (Looks at cleric monk dips!!)

At every even level the Skiller gains 2 skill tricks. For meeting the required skill ranks treat the skiller as having twice as many as he has placed in that skill. (But do consider that some that require a certain skill need successful use of that skill to do what it is for, just to note)
Took note

Well, this is effectively +4 hp at first, and +1 of the previous every additional level... (+5, +6, etc) Nevermind it is retroactive... so a 20th level would have 23 ranks, which 23*20 gives us somewhere around 460 bonus HP... even if you halved it would be 230... Which is a lot of bonus HP. Would not be so bad if it were not retroactive and even then... This class is exposed to focus on skills, but that HP... get some magic items and you would have an effective tank because with your AC bonuses... things get crazy...
The was just a big mess, I think I fixed it.

Basically skill consolidation, do not get why jump is excluded, also just going to note that versatile performer (allows you to use highest ranks in one perform for all) can still be combined with this, allowing all your perform and one other skill to be together... Maybe make a Special: If the Skiller has a feat (such as versatile performer) that allows skills of one subset to apply to a category you can not apply this to it. That would stop combining heal and perform to max them out easily...
Ever seen the Jumplomancer? thats why. also Special is taken into account

Well, we are at a high enough level where I doubt we will see many dippers, but consider giving them something similar to the swashbuckler, where it does not work against things immune to crits, sinc eit is the 'skill' and where you get them on the body.
maybe for damage. but nor for Attack

Touchsight? Do you mean blindsight?
Also, this is ridiculously big, the 'touchsight' at full skillranks when this is gained equals 65' and the blindsense is 130'
Consider cuttting them down, 2.5 and 5 respectively. Then round down to nearest 5' increment.
I cut down to 2 and 5, round up

This ability is extraordinary, some classes grant it with 'acrobatic' skills but for all skills... Maybe only skills you used combine skill with... or a number equal to 1/2 his level? Taking 15 (at level 20) on any skill you wish is crazy, especially for opposed skills.
there we go.. much better. Thank you!

Uhm, this is one of the more broken capstones I have seen, all those bonuses you gave depending on one skill? Now they are all maxed... Intimidate? got it. Feint? Got it. UMD? Got it. and the list could go on. Also it is not very clear, are you saying they can roll a skill and for that round all other skills can use the skill result?
Agreed. Put in a new one completely. Work better?

This class needs to be balanced overall, I love the concept but some of the abilities are scary powerful. Even its chassis is pretty nice, all good saves and 3/4 BAB. I would suggest dropping fort (They are a skill monkey) and possibly will to poor saves... Also, if you keep the health skills ability I would drop to a d4 hit die because at first level they have 7 from a max hit die and heal ranks, with a Con of 10... Really at low levels this class may be alright, but it begins to spiral out of control very quickly. Also it is very SAD, with Int to AC, damage, attack, reflex saves, you can dump dex and str. Bonus hp from heal skills lets you not worry about con too much. Wisdom helps with saves but is not that important. Charisma is completely dumped...
Personal Opinion: Way too overpowered.The goal was to make an Int SAD class, which I succeed at doing (look at new capstone), it probably is a good idea to drop Fort saves down. Maybe Reflex seeing how It already gets two stats to it, going to drop Fort for now.