PDA

View Full Version : Finesseable Polearms

Gildedragon
2017-04-29, 10:53 AM
Are there any? All I can think of is the dual-wielded quarterstaff, and feycraft shortspear and trident

Fizban
2017-04-29, 12:01 PM
Feycraft lance when mounted, that's about it. This is why I have a Polearm Finesse feat, can you guess what it does?

Darrin
2017-04-29, 12:06 PM
Kusari-gama (DMG) does everything you'd want a finessable polearm to do, but isn't a polearm.

Ellrin
2017-04-29, 02:32 PM
If you can use mundane equipment from Pathfinder, the elven branched spear is an exotic longspear (identical stats and qualities except for the following, martial if you're an elf) with finesse and a bonus on AoO attack rolls. Pretty decent for a reach build elf.

Zombulian
2017-04-29, 11:55 PM
Would an Aptitude Polearm work with Weapon Finesse?

Necroticplague
2017-04-30, 12:02 AM
Would an Aptitude Polearm work with Weapon Finesse?

No. Aptitude only works for things that "effect the use of a particular kind of weapon". Not how this is singular in both scenarios. Weapon Finesse, however, affects several different kinds of weapons. Thus, doesn't work.

Zombulian
2017-04-30, 12:10 AM
No. Aptitude only works for things that "effect the use of a particular kind of weapon". Not how this is singular in both scenarios. Weapon Finesse, however, affects several different kinds of weapons. Thus, doesn't work.

Ah yeah that's what I was afraid of.