PDA

View Full Version : Old Blood Feat

fulong
2017-04-29, 01:35 PM
It's a feat from Bastard and Bloodlines. I was wondering if Old Blood works for template like say using Old Blood(warforged) to apply incarnate construct. Would that actually work?

Inevitability
2017-04-29, 02:21 PM
For the undoubtedly large number of playgrounders who do not have access to the book in question, could you post the feat here, please?

fulong
2017-04-29, 02:24 PM
Benefit: Choose one race other than your own. For purposes of prestige classes, spells, feat prerequisites, magic items, and so on, you count as a member of that race.
Special: You can take this feat only at 1st level.

ZamielVanWeber
2017-04-29, 02:34 PM
Templates are not on that list and even then it is a function of construct, not warforged, that allows you to apply the template. I would say no.

Inevitability
2017-04-29, 02:52 PM
Agreeing with Zamiel here for all the reasons they listed.

Remuko
2017-04-29, 04:46 PM
Templates are not on that list and even then it is a function of construct, not warforged, that allows you to apply the template. I would say no.

It does say "...and so on" so I think that part covers templates but I think you're right about the construct not warforged thing making it not work.

ATHATH
2017-04-29, 05:19 PM
Also, on a side note, that feat looks ripe for Beholder Mage abuse.

ZamielVanWeber
2017-04-29, 06:02 PM
It does say "...and so on" so I think that part covers templates but I think you're right about the construct not warforged thing making it not work.

And so in leaves up in a pretty murky area, but everything listed was after race selection, most of it after level 1 selections so I feel that allowing templates to apply under that clause seems overly broad. I am also unfamiliar with race locked templates off the top of my head so it is possible the point is moot.

CIDE
2017-04-29, 08:40 PM
Also, on a side note, that feat looks ripe for Beholder Mage abuse.

I've seen it used for both Beholder Mage and Illithid Savant.

Necroticplague
2017-04-29, 08:44 PM
It's a feat from Bastard and Bloodlines. I was wondering if Old Blood works for template like say using Old Blood(warforged) to apply incarnate construct. Would that actually work?

No. That feat allows you to qualify for things that require Warforged in specific. Incarnate Construct requires you to be a construct, in general. Unfortunately, a non-construct with Old Blood (Warforged) is still not a construct, so don't qualify.

Zombulian
2017-04-29, 08:59 PM

Do you mean to apply incarnate construct to a race that isn't actually a Warforged? If you can work it out with your DM that you went and found a Wizard to cast the spell to turn you into an incarnate construct then it could possibly work, but it's very strange and unsupported by fluff or really any real crunch. The problem after that is I assume you would want a template on top of Incarnate Construct, or you already have one and you're willing to lose all the special abilities when you're morphed.

Zombulian
2017-04-29, 09:03 PM
I've seen it used for both Beholder Mage and Illithid Savant.

Disgusting.

No. That feat allows you to qualify for things that require Warforged in specific. Incarnate Construct requires you to be a construct, in general. Unfortunately, a non-construct with Old Blood (Warforged) is still not a construct, so don't qualify.

Ah this is probably right.