PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt mailman with PF sorcerer

martixy
2017-04-29, 06:08 PM
I'm looking for ideas for a mailman build, but in gestalt with the PF sorc.

Level 9-10.
Stats after racial, templates, levels, etc:
STR 12
DEX 20
CON 17
INT 14
WIS 12
CHA 26

Also the PF feat progression, so essentially +1 feat over 3.5.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what I can do with the passive side that does not make the character a party face, helps him blast from afar and is not marshal.
Binder is kind of the only thing that comes to mind.
And potentially dip Dragon Devotee at L6, since Incantatrix starts at 7.

Rebel7284
2017-04-29, 07:06 PM
Sorcerer 10
//
Battledancer 1/Paladin of Freedom 2/Cloistered Cleric 1/Marshal 1/Prestige Bard 1/Eldrich Master 4

Charisma to AC, Charisma to Saves, some devotion feats and the Turn Undead to use them, two extra spell lists to select spells from.

edit: oh, you will be taking Incantatrix on the sorcerer side. That makes some of my suggestion not work. Still, paladin 2/battledancer 1 is a good start. :)

DeAnno
2017-04-30, 12:13 AM
Generic Classes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm#) are really good for this sort of thing is you're allowed to use them with this. If you just want dip-fodder for after Pally 2/Battledancer 1/Whatever, Generic Expert 4/Generic Warrior 4 is very good for bonus feats (which can be anything), Saves, BAB, Skills.

On the other hand if you want a full investment on your other side you could go Generic Cha Spellcaster, still get 3 bonus feats, and get a whole extra side of casting. It's a little awkward the slots don't match with Sorc slots or work in Arcane Fusion but you can use that side for a lot of utility even so (plus Druid spells. Druids have some great spells for wrecking huge areas).

Rebel7284
2017-04-30, 01:12 AM
After some more deliberation:

- You did not specify your race, Human Paragon would be pretty good as generic filler, and progresses casting some too.
- Dragonfire Adept could be a pretty flavorful combination with Sorcerer. Persist Stunning Breath (SpC) 5th, Dispelling Breath(SpC) 5th, Blinding Breath (SpC) 4th combined with the Slowing breath breath effect for a crazy debuff usable EVERY round.

martixy
2017-04-30, 11:16 AM
Generic Classes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm#) are really good for this sort of thing is you're allowed to use them with this. If you just want dip-fodder for after Pally 2/Battledancer 1/Whatever, Generic Expert 4/Generic Warrior 4 is very good for bonus feats (which can be anything), Saves, BAB, Skills.

On the other hand if you want a full investment on your other side you could go Generic Cha Spellcaster, still get 3 bonus feats, and get a whole extra side of casting. It's a little awkward the slots don't match with Sorc slots or work in Arcane Fusion but you can use that side for a lot of utility even so (plus Druid spells. Druids have some great spells for wrecking huge areas).

I suppose that's one way. But since we've come to this...
Well, I do have one other option. I can double prestige a level for every RHD I have(a house rule for this particular game). So I could take the first 5 levels as a Monstrous Humanoid RHD, which are not exactly horrible(high bab, 2 good saves). That being my type means no human paragon. I didn't mention the race explicitly, but I did sort of imply that it's set when I mentioned the stats.

I suppose if I take DFA, it frees me up to choose a non-draconic bloodline. Could take Enlarge Breath + Rapid Breath cuz DFA's measly range does me no favours in allowing me to blast from afar.

Rebel7284
2017-04-30, 12:31 PM
Normally, metabreath feats don't apply to DFA's breath weapon. See DFA adept handbook for a workaround.

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15686.msg276416#msg276416