PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Improved Water Genasi

berdryn
2017-04-30, 06:42 AM
:smallconfused:

I reworked the water genasi for a character I'd like to play. Please review and critique. I'm not sure if my improved shape water cantrip is too powerful.
____

Water Genasi: Descended from the enigmatic Marids, Water Genasi have thick-waisted builds, and run the gamut from stocky and muscular to ponderous and obese. Their skin appears in colors of light greens and blues, often appearing to be wet, clammy, or covered in fine fish scales. Their hair is similarly of green or blue hues, and their eyes are usually blue or black. They are just as comfortable in water as out. They tend to be easygoing and friendly, most often content to follow the path of least resistance, but when angered, they can be relentless and unyielding as the tides.

Ability Score Increase: Wisdom increases by 2, Constitution increases by 1
Aquatic: Water Genasi can breathe underwater and have a swim speed equal to their land speed (including any encumbrance from armor).
Elemental Resistance: Water Genasi have resistance to cold damage.
Eyes of the Deep: Superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.; 60’ tremorsense while submerged in water.

Elemental Legacy: Water Genasi can cast an improved version of the shape water* cantrip found in the Elemental Evil Companion Guide. In addition to the effects allowed by shape water, a water genasi can create or destroy 1 gallon of fresh or salt water. This mimics the spell of the same name but the amount of water created does not increase with level nor does the water created with this spell vanish after the spell’s duration. This cannot create rain or destroy fog.

Language: Water Genasi speak Common, the Aquan dialect of Primordial and one language of your choice (this is usually your mortal parent’s language.)