PDA

View Full Version : UA Artificer Alchemist and Invisibility

RickAllison
2017-04-30, 03:17 PM
So I was looking at making a Goblin Alchemist for a game and noticed a rather intriguing aspect. The various alchemy vials that the archetype uses are not attacks and are not specified to be special attacks like Grapple, Shove, or the alternate blasts for the Gunsmith, nor are they spells. This would mean by my reading that an Alchemist affected by Invisibility will keep it for the hour while still having free reign to use the acid or fire flasks as only attacks or spells break it. This isn't exactly unknown for the system, as things like flasks of oil or bear traps can be used without breaking it. Long Death, Sun Soul, and 4elements (the latter less effectively) monks all have abilities that deal damage without breaking the spell's/potion's effect, and the Light Cleric can do so as well.

Looking back at all of those, I guess the ability isn't as bad as I first thought especially since the Alchemist gains very little from constant invisibility compared to a rogue, fighter, or even wizard. Still, I thought it was a fun combo to consider.