Animal Form

Lycanthope Affinity +6

Intelligence +1
Improved Natural Attack

Hide +2

Lycanthrope Affinity +2
Call of the Wild
DR 5/silver

Claws of the night: The Lycanthrope Kin gains a claw attack that deals 1d8+1½ Str modifier and threatens on a 18-20
Lycanthrope Affinity: The kin gain the indicated bonus on all Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Perform checks made to interact with lycanthropes.
Bite of Nature: The kin gain a bite attack that deals 1d6+str modifier damage. In addition the bite contains a chance to give the attacked creature lycanthropy. On a roll of 1 on a d6 the creature is subject to the effects of lycanthropy. The save for this is 10+½ level [major bloodline]+Con modifier or +¼ for an intermediate bloodline.
Call of the Wild: The lycanthrope kin have the keen senses of a lycanthrope. They gain low light vision and the scent ability. If they have low light vision already the multiple that they can see further is increased by 1. (Worded this way so it can stack with superior low light vision and things of that nature.
Speed of the Heritor: The Lycanthrope Kin heritage affects their speed, giving them one of the below benefits. Players should choose one that fits with their chosen lycanthrope.

Fast land based creatures: +10' to land speed
Climbing creatures: Climb speed equal to 1/2 land speed.
Aquatic Creatures: Swim speed equal to 1/2 land speed
Burrowing animals: They gain a 5' burrow speed, although they are not able to breathe unless adjacent to a space that contains open air.

Animal Form: The descended gain the ability to shift into the animal of their heritage, once the animal is chosen it can not be changed. This works as the alternate form possessed by lycanthropes although they do not have a hybrid form. The shifting is completely controlled by the descended.

aimlessPolymath
2017-04-30, 04:59 PM
In highly disorganized form:

Is this for Wolf-lycanthropes only, or lycanthropes in general? The nature of the natural attacks implies the first (see: Boars, which would have a gore attack, not a bite or claw attack), but the generic animal form implies the second.
I'd drop the specified natural attacks for one natural attack/pair of attacks at level 4, chosen to match the appropriate form, and replace the other one with natural armor +1.

Nature's Protection should be dropped to natural armor +1 (total bonus spread among various levels in these notes- total is +3). It doesn't need to be a named feature. Compare with Gold Dragon bloodline.

Silver Aversion gives more DR than normal lycanthropy. Drop it to DR 5/silver, no weakness, move it to level 20 (see: Celestial bloodline). Level 17 ability can be natural armor+1.

Rush of the Predator is ridiculous on were-sloths. Try Improved Natural Attack.

Multiattack is self-explanatory, like the other bonus feats. It doesn't need to have it's own ability.

Also, animal form/dire animal form is strange, since (often) only one of those can actually be a lycanthrope, due to the size restriction; a human can be a were-dire rat, but not a were-normal rat; a halfling can be a were-brown bear, but not a were-dire bear. Just let them choose a normal or dire form which is appropriate for their size, drop the level 20 version (see notes on Silver Aversion for replacement).

Actually, looking at the original bloodlines....
Lycanthropes are already a bloodline. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm)
Um.

Westhart
2017-04-30, 05:15 PM
In highly disorganized form:

Is this for Wolf-lycanthropes only, or lycanthropes in general? The nature of the natural attacks implies the first (see: Boars, which would have a gore attack, not a bite or claw attack), but the generic animal form implies the second.
I'd drop the specified natural attacks for one natural attack/pair of attacks at level 4, chosen to match the appropriate form, and replace the other one with natural armor +1.

They need three+ attacks to get multiattack, the attacks represent those found on most of the lycanthropes in the MM...

Nature's Protection should be dropped to natural armor +1 (total bonus spread among various levels in these notes- total is +3). It doesn't need to be a named feature. Compare with Gold Dragon bloodline.

Hmm, +1 is not much and I like the name :smalltongue:

Silver Aversion gives more DR than normal lycanthropy. Drop it to DR 5/silver, no weakness, move it to level 20 (see: Celestial bloodline). Level 17 ability can be natural armor+1.

Hehehe getting some things mixed up (Shhh! :smallwink:)

Rush of the Predator is ridiculous on were-sloths. Try Improved Natural Attack.

Hmm, trying to not give too many bonus feats

Multiattack is self-explanatory, like the other bonus feats. It doesn't need to have it's own ability.

Also, animal form/dire animal form is strange, since (often) only one of those can actually be a lycanthrope, due to the size restriction; a human can be a were-dire rat, but not a were-normal rat; a halfling can be a were-brown bear, but not a were-dire bear. Just let them choose a normal or dire form which is appropriate for their size, drop the level 20 version (see notes on Silver Aversion for replacement).

Alright, thanks for the suggestions :smallsmile:

Actually, looking at the original bloodlines....
Lycanthropes are already a bloodline. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm)
Um.
Hehe, think it is my turn to redirect (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?204726-3-5e-Bloodline-Titankith-(PEACH)&p=11285712#post11285712) you to some of Welknair's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?214701-3-5e-Bloodline-Sibling-of-the-Elements-(PEACH)&p=11809940#post11809940) bloodlines (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?204586-3-5e-Bloodline-Dragon-Descendant-(PEACH)). As you can tell these also had ones in UA but quite a few believe they are weak... even the fey had one in there. Also the lycanthrope there has no major bloodline.

aimlessPolymath
2017-04-30, 05:51 PM
Alright, makes sense on multiple attacks (also it turns out that all lycanthropes have two claws and a bite anyway in hybrid form, which is similarly nonsensical, but I'll deal.)

Silver Aversion doesn't need to be a named ability, and actually makes little sense with the new name.

I will push a little for Nature's Protection to be dropped as a named ability. In general, it's better to have things as simple as possible, and there's no strong benefit to naming it.

One thing you could draw from the original Lycanthrope would be to literally copy it's Minor form, duplicating the first 5 levels, and shifting things around to fit. There's an argument from elegance there, although I do understand if that's not something you want to do.

Rush of the Predator does need an overhaul, though. Up to +50 to speed is absurd, pounce is incredible, and again, were-sloths.
In its place, I'd advocate for a variable movement option- either 10 ft of speed, a swim speed, a climb speed, a 5 ft burrow speed(loose soil only) with a note that they can only breathe as long as they are adjacent to a space with open air, or a glide speed. It generalizes to different animals better, I think.

Westhart
2017-05-02, 05:31 AM
Alright, makes sense on multiple attacks (also it turns out that all lycanthropes have two claws and a bite anyway in hybrid form, which is similarly nonsensical, but I'll deal.)

Silver Aversion doesn't need to be a named ability, and actually makes little sense with the new name.

I will push a little for Nature's Protection to be dropped as a named ability. In general, it's better to have things as simple as possible, and there's no strong benefit to naming it.

One thing you could draw from the original Lycanthrope would be to literally copy it's Minor form, duplicating the first 5 levels, and shifting things around to fit. There's an argument from elegance there, although I do understand if that's not something you want to do.

Rush of the Predator does need an overhaul, though. Up to +50 to speed is absurd, pounce is incredible, and again, were-sloths.
In its place, I'd advocate for a variable movement option- either 10 ft of speed, a swim speed, a climb speed, a 5 ft burrow speed(loose soil only) with a note that they can only breathe as long as they are adjacent to a space with open air, or a glide speed. It generalizes to different animals better, I think.

Ooh thoe look good, will begin work ^^