PDA

View Full Version : Best webcomic ever

Ravenatog
2007-07-31, 02:18 PM
I would just like to say I am glad I stumbled upon this web comic last week while at work. I couldn't stop reading and finished all the comics in 1 day. Hats off to the man responsible for this such deep character development, great one liners, great action, awesome references to games (Final Fantasy III/VI reference my favorite), awesome story, and a very enjoyable art style. Please don't ever stop making what instantly became my favorite web comic.

Zvendels
2007-07-31, 02:28 PM
All praise the Giant!

Keri Thornwood
2007-07-31, 02:38 PM
Yaaay!:smallsmile:

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-31, 03:21 PM
I agree! All hail Rich McUnknownMiddleNameSonVonTaylorGardenStateKimberly HelmSmithJonesJohnsonBerry Burlew! Let us drink many beers in his name, but never say it!

Dragon_Keeper
2007-07-31, 05:45 PM
I can't imagine my life without :vaarsuvius:, :mitd: , and the rest of the OotS!

Bavarian itP
2007-07-31, 05:48 PM
Bavarian agrees

ChopSticks28
2007-07-31, 05:49 PM
So does Chop.

Ralfarius
2007-07-31, 05:51 PM
I'm hesitant to bestow 'best ever' on anything. However, Order of the Stick is easily my current favourite at the moment.

Elderac
2007-07-31, 05:54 PM
I am not qualified to say it is the best webcomic, but it is certainly my favorite.

Long live the Order of the Stick. :smallsmile:

Oxymoron
2007-07-31, 06:09 PM
It IS the best web-comic ever. I have bookmarked 7 other web-comics at the moment, and although they are all great, they never come close to the true master`s masterpiece.

Querzis
2007-07-31, 06:55 PM
It IS the best web-comic ever. I have bookmarked 7 other web-comics at the moment, and although they are all great, they never come close to the true master`s masterpiece.

Agreed, I read 13 other webcomic and Girl genius is the only one that come even close of OOTS.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-31, 10:48 PM
i've read about half a dozen webcomics, and the only one that rivals OotS at all is Goblins.

Gol_Stoan
2007-07-31, 11:01 PM
All Hail OOTS! :smallbiggrin:

Megatron
2007-07-31, 11:14 PM
I've read plenty of webcomics on-and-off over the years, but this is the only one I've actually kept bookmarked and regularly checked to see if the next one is up... that should say something. Good job all around.

bluish_wolf
2007-08-01, 02:27 AM
Order of the Stick is my favorite web comic, but only because it's the only one I follow.

lokycat
2007-08-01, 02:40 AM
It makes me sad wen I come in only to see there is not a new issue posted.:smallfrown:

I have read LOTS of on line comics and this is the only one that has ever manage to keep my ADHD self coming back for more.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GIANT
Comic genius

Raiser Blade
2007-08-01, 02:50 AM
yeah this is my favorite
number 2 would be penny arcade

Oxymoron
2007-08-01, 06:16 AM
Since Rich the almightly is probably sick again and I can`t really complain since that woud make me an *******, can someone please give me some new webcomics to read? Mockinbyrd7 mentioned goblins and that looked somewhat promising.

I`ve already bookmarked:

CTRL+ALT+DEL (Awsome)
Dark legacy comics (Awsome)
GU comics (Awsome)
Penny Arcade (Awsome)
The noob (Has It`s moments)
Least I could do (A bit predictable lately)
Elf only inn (Not as funny as it used to be)
(And recently Goblins)

Ravenatog
2007-08-01, 07:03 AM
Also check out
The Outer Circle
Dueling Analogs
Pierce Logic
My Extra Life
Genius Girl

tis some good stuff in those

Oxymoron
2007-08-01, 08:36 AM
Thank you, thank you Ravenatog. They will satisfy my lust for entertainment for years to come (or at least for today).

Expect my future self to travel back in time so he can zap you with his lazergun for ruining my last shred of hope of gaining a social life :smallamused:

fuzzywolf
2007-08-01, 08:48 AM
Sinfest.net
somethingpositive.net
meninhats.net (no longer updated)

Just a few more spots of joy and laughter.

SteveMB
2007-08-01, 09:06 AM
can someone please give me some new webcomics to read?

A few others you might want to check out are Nodwick, Full Frontal Nerdity, and the web reprints of PS238 (http://nodwick.humor.gamespy.com/index.htm).

Also, you might want to look at some of the ones Scientivore spotlighted in his reviews (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51041) (link to current one; links to earlier ones inside the spoiler tag of the linked post).

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-01, 09:12 AM
As my old English teacher often said I never say perfect because you can only have a perfect answer in mathematics. However Girlgenius, Schlockmercenary and The Order of the Stick are the three cornerstones of my online readings. Gaslamp, space opera and table top RPG. All rock. My only regret is unlikelyhood of a Schlock OotS crossover.

Keri Thornwood
2007-08-01, 10:55 AM
Since Rich the almightly is probably sick again and I can`t really complain since that woud make me an *******, can someone please give me some new webcomics to read? Mockinbyrd7 mentioned goblins and that looked somewhat promising.

Just so you know, there's this thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4753) with notes about webcomics. :smallsmile:

The Giant is an awesome storyteller. I've come to love the characters and think of them as friends.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-01, 12:36 PM
huh? Sorry didnt catch that, i was too busy reading oots.

Alyorbase
2007-08-01, 12:45 PM
OOTS is awesome. The only comic other than 8-bit theater that has been able to keep me interested.:smallbiggrin:

stabbybelkar
2007-08-01, 01:58 PM
hell i read my 5 year old brother OOTS and he loves it! all hail Rich!!!!!!!

Oxymoron
2007-08-01, 06:21 PM
Thank you, thank you all. My only regret is that so many must suffer a smoldering faith from the avenging lazerbeams of my future self.

Spiky
2007-08-01, 09:40 PM
Thank you, thank you all. My only regret is that so many must suffer a smoldering faith from the avenging lazerbeams of my future self.

Faith? Is that supposed to read "fate"?

OOTS is the 2nd greatest comic ever. Web or not. Unfortunately, Mr. Larson decided he was scaring himself and stopped writing the best comic ever many moons ago.

Icewalker
2007-08-02, 02:07 AM
Hear hear!

jaqueses
2007-08-02, 02:15 AM
Including this, I read 36 webcomics. This one webcomic is what has propeled me into reading all the others, exception being 8-bit theater which I picked up first. This is the only one I prefer not knowing what is going to happen, because then it is funnier.

It is also the only one where I participate in the forum.

lokycat
2007-08-02, 02:26 AM
OOTS is the 2nd greatest comic ever. Web or not. Unfortunately, Mr. Larson decided he was scaring himself and stopped writing the best comic ever many moons ago.

Who?, What?, Were?
2nd best comic? BLASPHEMY!!!:roy:

And who is this "Mr. Larson" guy?:smallconfused:

TigerHunter
2007-08-02, 03:00 AM
The thread title says webcomic, not comic. And Far Side was easily one of the better comics in the newspaper, but amusing at best... not laugh out loud funny like OotS.

Freelance Henchman
2007-08-02, 03:53 AM
Ditto. Rich Burlew 4 evar!

Oxymoron
2007-08-02, 07:15 AM
Faith? Is that supposed to read "fate"?

Damn my typos! My english teacher would roll over in her grave if she wasn`t alive. This is not the first time I have ruined a semi-funny comment :smallfrown:

If only I was Swedish, then I could blame the genes :smallbiggrin:

Deme
2007-08-02, 09:25 AM
Agreed. It is the awesome, the awesome forever and ever.

Spiky
2007-08-02, 11:41 PM
The thread title says webcomic, not comic. And Far Side was easily one of the better comics in the newspaper, but amusing at best... not laugh out loud funny like OotS.

I literally would ROTFL consistently from the Far Side. Esp when he came out with "Shh....the Maestro is decomposing." Perhaps it isn't your thing. There's a word, you should look it up, maybe you can let a thread be positive.

Opinion.

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-03, 02:23 AM
I admit I haven't read all that much in the grand scheme of things, and I probably haven't read much compared to you guys, but Order of the Stick truly is one of the best works of literature I have ever read.

bluish_wolf
2007-08-05, 06:35 AM
Including this, I read 36 webcomics. This one webcomic is what has propeled me into reading all the others, exception being 8-bit theater which I picked up first. This is the only one I prefer not knowing what is going to happen, because then it is funnier.

It is also the only one where I participate in the forum.

I was going to berate you for apparently not having a life, but then I realized that I am currently following 29 anime series, so I'm not much different.

The Xem
2007-08-18, 12:17 AM
I was going to berate you for apparently not having a life, but then I realized that I am currently following 29 anime series, so I'm not much different.

Newbie here! Test!

David Argall
2007-08-18, 01:45 AM
Including this, I read 36 webcomics.

Then you may want http://www.thewebcomiclist.com/latest/

Where I keep track of the 140+ I follow. Most do not post on a daily basis. [Perhaps the best is Pawn, which posts bi-annually.] So being warned which are updated is quite a time saver.

Green Bean
2007-08-18, 02:05 AM
The OotS is in my 'Big Three' of webcomics.

Best Fantasy: Order of the Stick

Best Sci-fi: Schlock Mercenary (if you're a sci-fi fan, why aren't you reading it? Go! Now! Read!)

Best Internet Culture/Video Games: Penny-Arcade

Dectilon
2007-08-18, 07:29 AM
There are final fantasy references in there? Surely not!

MoelVermillion
2007-08-18, 08:04 AM
ORDER OF THE STICK RULES WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo! *Runs by "Invisible"*

Aris Katsaris
2007-08-18, 08:41 AM
My favourite webcomic is still Penny & Aggie (http://www.pennyandaggie.com), though OoTS is muscling in into its territory.

I only ended up coming here after T Campbell (the writer of Penny&Aggie) mentioned Erfworld as one of the other comics he likes, in one of the forum threads.