PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Sorcerous Origin - The Elementalist

masterstrider
2017-05-01, 06:09 AM
Hi All,

Just thought I would share an idea for an Elementalist Sorcerer origin. The theme is all about drawing your power from the Elemental Plane and about finding creative ways to expand on the Sorcerer's spell list without adding more spells.

Enjoy.

MS.

Sorcerous Origins – The Elementalist
Born of the primal forces of the Universe, you instinctually feel the ebb and flow of the elements around you. Your power primarily comes from the Elemental Plane, where the forces of flame, wind, water and earth call out to you. As your abilities grow, you learn how to reshape these elements, bending them to your will.

Level 1: Spontaneous Conversion
At 1st level, the sorcerer learned the ability to alter the very nature of the elements. When the Sorcerer casts a spell that deals acid, cold, fire, thunder, lighting or radiant damage, they may change the damage type to one of the aforementioned for the duration of the effect. For example, if the sorcerer were to cast the fireball spell, it may change the damage type to one of the above listed. All other effects remain the same.

Level 1: Elemental Attunement
At 1st level, you can use your action to briefly control elemental forces nearby, causing one of the following effects of your choice:
• Create a harmless, instantaneous sensory effect related to air, earth, fire, or water, such as a shower of sparks, a puff of wind, a spray of light mist, or a gentle rumbling of stone.
• Instantaneously light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire.
• Chill or warm up to I pound of nonliving material for up to I hour.
• Cause earth, fire, water, or mist that can fit within a 1-foot cube to shape itself into a crude form you designate for 1 minute.

Level 6: Dampen Elements
Starting at 6th level, when you or a creature within 30 feet of you takes acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder or radiant damage, you can use your reaction to grant resistance to the creature against that instance of the damage.

Level 14: Mastery of the Elements
At 14th level the you learn the Investiture of Flame, Investiture of Ice, Investiture of Stone and Investiture of Wind spells.

Level 18: Plane Walker
At 18th level, you and any creatures within 10ft may move to or from the Material Plane to any of the Elemental Planes (Air, Earth, Fire, Wind) at will. Once you use this feature, you must finish a long rest before you can use it again.
Furthermore, while you are within the Elemental Planes, you do not suffer the realm’s adverse environmental conditions.

Tbonefahy
2017-05-01, 06:52 AM
Maybe try to move this to the Homebrew forum.

masterstrider
2017-05-01, 06:58 AM
Maybe try to move this to the Homebrew forum.

How do you do that? Do I have to take this one down and repost?

MS