PDA

View Full Version : Level 12 Warlock, considering Multi-Class, or straight Lock?

asmartfellow
2017-05-01, 12:34 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE my Tiefling Warlock. One of favorite characters I've ever played in 25 years of Role Playing. Currently he's straight 11 levels of Warlock, very close to 12, wondering what would be the pro's or Con's of multi-classing. Seeing lots of Paladin multi-class suggestions. Not sure why, or if that's the route I'd like to take.

I'd really like to get my Thrall ability at 14 at the very least.

So, what awesome combo's can I get w/ multi-classing?

Thanks in advance.

Escribblings
2017-05-01, 12:54 PM
Im my "limited" opinion the Paladin MC that I'm considering benefits the Paladin more than the warlock.

However I don't think you would benefit much from any of the melee classes unless your a blade pact.

Bard might be the best option of you do stray from Purelock.

I'm also seeing a lot of love for sorcerer.

Tanarii
2017-05-01, 02:02 PM
You have a Str of 13 so you can Multiclass Paladin? That's not very common for Tiefling Great Old One Warlocks.

JellyPooga
2017-05-01, 04:47 PM
The thing to look out for in any multiclass is where abilities will synergise. As a level 12 Warlock, your Pact Magic is operating at maximum level; look for a multiclass option available to you that will capitalise on it; notably, spells that upcast well.

For example; one level of Druid will give you access to Fog Cloud (100ft radius), three levels will give you Moonbeam (5d10 per instance of damage; if you can't engineer at least two instances of damage per round, you're dong something wrong).

Having said that, largely speaking, any multiclass will only broaden your options rather than increase your "power". More Warlock will give you access to higher level abilities and spells, which is almost always going to be "better" than the lower level ones you'll pick up from multiclassing.