PDA

View Full Version : Feats for Fighting styles?

Haydensan
2017-05-02, 08:30 AM
I have been speculating about possible feats that could give access to one of the fighting styles.

I think that just the fighting style might be underpowered so may make them half feats, giving the option to increase Str Dex or Con by 1 as well as the fighting style.

What do you think of this?
And more importantly, is there anything else you might add to make them more flavourful?

Zman
2017-05-02, 09:04 AM
I have been speculating about possible feats that could give access to one of the fighting styles.

I think that just the fighting style might be underpowered so may make them half feats, giving the option to increase Str Dex or Con by 1 as well as the fighting style.

What do you think of this?
And more importantly, is there anything else you might add to make them more flavourful?

If you look through my Tweaks, I have a Fighting Style Expert Feat that is a +1 Str or Dex and select a Fighting Style. I also have a ton of other feats as well as tweaked UA racial feats. It's puts the game at over 80+ feats.

Your first inclination about it only being worth half a Feat was spot on.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-05-02, 12:56 PM
Your first inclination about it only being worth half a Feat was spot on.

Agreed. That's how I have it here (http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2017/04/feats-for-genre-savvy.html), as A Level in Badass. It's such an obvious thing to make into a feat, I'm surprised WotC didn't do it themselves.