PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder binding an outsider companion

Gryphonfg
2017-05-02, 11:10 PM
So, in a pathfinder game I'm playing, my character just had some fun in a library. I'm playing a CN drow occultist. He has some supplies and is considering summoning an outsider to be his companion. Looking at the some of the options, I was considering an alu-fiend or an erinyes. He's a little lonely. The rest of the party all has significant others or at least exes, hence the female outsiders. The erinyes could be very useful in combat, but would be the hardest to control. He could easily keep the alu-fiend under control, but she's not as powerful. Also, with the erinyes, he would try to redeem her (or at least turn her from evil to neutral).

What I've work out with the DM is a ritual binding that would be long term (longer than planar binding or summon planar ally). So, this would be a companion for at least several sessions.

I looked at some the neutral and good outsiders, but had trouble finding anything in that range (CR 5 to 8) that appealed to me. I vaguely remember something from years ago (either 2nd or 3.5), but can't remember the name or anything. It was an outsider with flaming wings.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for other options or could help me decide between the two. I also considered binding both and role play the demon and devil trying to kill each other with my character in between trying to stop them.

Psyren
2017-05-03, 09:55 AM
Dapsara (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/angel/angel-dapsara/) is a good choice for LPB. Who wouldn't want an angelic bard to chum with? (And as an angel, you get a free magic circle on top of the other benefits she brings just by being near.)

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for other options or could help me decide between the two. I also considered binding both and role play the demon and devil trying to kill each other with my character in between trying to stop them.

This sounds like an awful lot of spotlight time for just your character. Speaking personally, I'd be a bit bored if I had to periodically watch you enact Archie, Betty & Veronica with yourself, yourself and yourself.