PDA

View Full Version : Fighter feats to help vs. spells [Feats]

RedScholarGypsy
2007-07-31, 09:25 PM
In the spirit of helping out the fighter, here's a few feats of which I just thought.

Warrior's Focus [General]
Prerequisites:
Greater Weapon Specialization with a two-handed weapon, Wis 13+.
Benefits:
You gain +1 to all Will saves for each attack you make with a two-handed weapon until your next round.
Special:
A fighter may select Warrior's Focus as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Warrior's Path [General]
Prerequisites:
Greater Weapon Specialization with a light weapon, Dex 13+.
Benefits:
You gain +1 to all Reflex saves for each attack you make with a light weapon until your next round.
Special:
A fighter may select Warrior's Focus as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Edivad
2007-07-31, 09:45 PM
Giving out save bonuses for every time you attack(I assume that means you get the bonus even if you miss) your opponent with your weapon in a turn?
That's interesting and original, but honestly weird.
Also, for balance purposes, you might want to put a cap on the maximum bonus...+5 perhaps?
Otherwise, imagine this(extreme) situation: a Fighter with three attacks surrounded by 7 weak mooks. He has the Great Cleave feat, and attacks 10 times(3 base + 7 cleaves). That would get him a +10 save bonus, which is...a lot! Even though we know Fighters DO need a lot of help against high-level casters.

Here's my suggestion. It would completely change the flavour of the ability, though.
Instead of being related to how many attacks you make, they feats a fixed bonus which requires a move action every round to use. It fits with the "focus"and "path"names, as that means it requires actual concentration and focusing on preparing for what the enemy might throw at you.
Warrior's Focus/Path might become "If you spend a move action to activate this feat, you gain a +4 bonus to all Will/Reflex saves until the end of your turn."
Yes. +4 is a big bonus. But sacrificing a move action is big sacrifice, especially when you could otherwise make a full round attacks or charge.