PDA

View Full Version : Gratuitous Anime Gimmick?

TheManicMonocle
2017-05-03, 01:05 AM
So, I just got this game called Gratuitous anime gimmick and it looks really fun but I want to ask, who here has played it? Is it fun?

Piedmon_Sama
2017-05-03, 03:59 AM
I have never heard of this game but based on the title I am curious to know more!

Slipperychicken
2017-05-03, 05:59 AM
Give us a source. What company made it, who wrote it, etc. I would like to have a look.

Arbane
2017-05-03, 11:57 AM
Give us a source. What company made it, who wrote it, etc. I would like to have a look.

Looks like it's this one (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/210738/Gratuitous-Anime-Gimmick?).

OP, I don't see any reviews of it. Want to tell us about it? System, setting, production values?

TheManicMonocle
2017-05-03, 12:44 PM
Well, like I said, I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but it looks fun tbh, and I wanted to know more about it so I just paid the $5 for the pdf.

It seems to be a five stat system, rather than six. The stats are "Powerful, resilient, slippery, wise, and charming."

The classes are "Delinquent, Esper, Everyguy, Gun Bunny, Magical Girl, Mecha Pilot, Primal, Shonin, and Witch,"

The races are "Angel, Golem, Human, Kerolian, Ningyo, Nyanko, Octopode, Oozling, Oni, Tanuki, Usagi, and Yousei"

Funnily enough I saw an ad for it on this very forum. The pdf is well formatted, and comes with a character sheet.

Geodude6
2017-05-03, 01:47 PM
I saw the advertisement on this site and it does look pretty funny.

TheManicMonocle
2017-05-03, 01:50 PM
Oh yeah and the DM is called the, "Desu Master"

CharonsHelper
2017-05-03, 02:32 PM
Funnily enough I saw an ad for it on this very forum. The pdf is well formatted, and comes with a character sheet.

I saw the advertisement on this site and it does look pretty funny.

Interesting to know that ads on this site work.

weckar
2017-05-04, 08:12 AM
So is it a combat focus, social focus, story focus, day-in-the-life focus?

GM_3826
2017-05-08, 12:39 PM
Psst. I've been looking for people to play this game. The thread in which I first posted is currently on the second page on the subforum it is contained in. Which obviously means that it is less visible... I would like to play with more people, or even find someone who is willing to and has the time to DM, so I thought I'd post here.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?524049-Gratuitous-Anime-Gimmick-game

If you're looking to play the game... please join? Perhaps even DM. I don't have any friends in real life who would even be willing to play this with me, so I thought I'd ask just to see if I could drum up some interest.