PDA

View Full Version : Mulhorand Pantheon AL

dungeoneer
2017-05-03, 07:10 AM
Hey all,

been chewing on a deity for my tempest cleric.
I'm interested in Anhur from the Mulhorand pantheon. I understand they are part of the Forgotten Realms setting, but they don't seem to be included in the list of AL permitted deities.

Elminster298
2017-05-03, 08:07 AM
Mulhorand was destroyed during the Spellplague in 1385 DR. The entire pantheon vanished without a trace at the same time. Adventures League doesn't start characters until 1489 DR.

dungeoneer
2017-05-03, 08:27 AM
Mulhorand was destroyed during the Spellplague in 1385 DR. The entire pantheon vanished without a trace at the same time. Adventures League doesn't start characters until 1489 DR.

Hm,
but looking through SCAG, p41 it says 'People of Faerun refer to Mulhorand as one of the Old Empires, but most don't know that Mulhorand is in fact the oldest human empire still in existence on the continent. Mulhorand's Pantheon of deities, sometimes called god-kings or pharaohs, can trace their lineage even farther back ... Today Mulhorand is ruled by demigods that cal themselves by such names as Re, Anhur..'

So there is a reference in SCAG on that the Mulhorand pantheon is active, but none actually listed with their domains.

JAL_1138
2017-05-03, 08:36 AM
AL limits you to the deities listed in the "Forgotten Realms deities" table in the back of the PHB. Mulhorand deities wouldn't be legal, since they're not listed there.

Elminster298
2017-05-03, 08:55 AM
Hm,
but looking through SCAG, p41 it says 'People of Faerun refer to Mulhorand as one of the Old Empires, but most don't know that Mulhorand is in fact the oldest human empire still in existence on the continent. Mulhorand's Pantheon of deities, sometimes called god-kings or pharaohs, can trace their lineage even farther back ... Today Mulhorand is ruled by demigods that cal themselves by such names as Re, Anhur..'

So there is a reference in SCAG on that the Mulhorand pantheon is active, but none actually listed with their domains.

Mulhorand was originally "stolen" from our Earth and brought to Faerun by the Imaskari. I can only assume that SCAG is referring to the "Egyptian" empire here on earth or surviving remnants of the destroyed civilization who still hold on to the old beliefs. To the best of my knowledge, Forgotten Realms has not brought back the Mulhorand pantheon in any significant way.

Elminster298
2017-05-03, 08:58 AM
AL limits you to the deities listed in the "Forgotten Realms deities" table in the back of the PHB. Mulhorand deities wouldn't be legal, since they're not listed there.

Technically, according to "the rule of one", if an officially published rulebook contained additional deities it would be AL legal if that were the +1 book you chose. To my knowledge mine none of the official books add any deities yet though...

EvilAnagram
2017-05-03, 09:22 AM
Mulhorand is basically real world Egypt transported to Faerun. Its gods are actually constantly reincarnating demigods that act as the nation's rulers. They disappeared during the spellplague, but now they are back.

They are not on offer because they are not gods in the same sense that Faerun deities are gods. They don't have portfolios, lands in other planes, or clerics. They probably empower Warlocks (pact of the Undying), but they aren't really the same thing. It's similar to how that nation of Yuan-ti worship a powerful spirit naga. That naga isn't technically a god, but try telling him that.