PDA

View Full Version : Player Help magical cctv

you randomly
2017-05-03, 09:44 AM
im wondering if there is any kind of cross planer constant scrying i could use to keep an eye on a location/person

ideally, a kind of camera and tv set up where the person would carry the camera and the tv would show the area like a scrying effect

ksbsnowowl
2017-05-03, 10:52 AM
im wondering if there is any kind of cross planer constant scrying i could use to keep an eye on a location/person

ideally, a kind of camera and tv set up where the person would carry the camera and the tv would show the area like a scrying effect

If you weren't wanting cross-planar, then a trio of Hags could do exactly what you want with a Hag Eye.

For cross-planar, the DMG has the Mirror of Mental Prowess (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#mirrorofMentalProwess), which allows the owner to "View other places as if with clairvoyance, but vision extends even onto other planes if the viewer is sufficiently familiar with them." It is a command word item, so changing the scene viewed should be a mere standard action. It's expensive though (175k).

CIDE
2017-05-03, 12:37 PM
AFB and I'm not sure I can directly quote or link to it anyway but I thought there were rules in the Portal Creation stuff that would allow one way visual only portals. Methods to let you see through (and only see through) the portal but nothing going the other way. I could be misremembering.