PDA

View Full Version : Fear the walking Dead.

Kyberwulf
2017-05-03, 01:37 PM
Okay, as much as I like the Walking dead. I find somethings ... something.

Like, for the most part. I don't like any of the women on The walking dead. With the exception of a couple. They are all pretty.... all over the place. To be fair, I haven't seen past the part they are in a hospital and someone gets dead because of stupid reasons. I know that doesn't narrow it down.

For the Fear the walking dead. I kind of felt the reversed. I like most of the women on there, the men... well. A lot of them were.. meh.

Except for a couple things.

One thing that bothered me... is that when someone lost a kid, or someone else. They seemed to not react, well, with any realism. They all seemed to act WAY to melodramatically. Something. I don't know the word. Like, Madison will be fine and coherent. Then at the mention of one kid she just goes all.... addict-ly. I swear. Same thing with Travis about dumb kid. I get that they are suppose to love their kids. It's like two different people. Not in a real way. I mean it's like one moment, they are semi seasonal. The next they seem like a Looney toons character. Like, they don't look like parents acting out of concern for a child. They act like an addict looking for a fix, really really bad fix.

The second thing. Why does everyone always do what the main characters say. It's like, action one thing. Then Madison is like. No it's being done my way. Everyone else is like, well.. we want it done this way. Then she goes. no. My way. Then it's like.... well that was a very compelling argument..... Let's do it her way.

I don't know what this thread is suppose to be, just throwing random thoughts out there.

Rodin
2017-05-03, 06:31 PM
I wrote the show off very early on, after the parents didn't tell their daughter about the zombies. Because reasons. Then they didn't tell their neighbors about the zombies, which lead to said neighbors being eaten by zombies at a party they were holding. When the daughter hears the sounds of violence, she tries to go to help, and the mother stops her...STILL WITHOUT TELLING HER WHY.

At that point, I concluded that if the plot requires the main characters to be this stupid this early into the show there is just no saving it.

Kyberwulf
2017-05-04, 04:25 AM
Oh, that is because I don't think Zombies exist in this world. Rather, I don't think the Zombie Apocalypse genre really got popular. I don't remember were but, I think it's one of the reasons they don't call them zombies on The walking dead, and they call them walkers instead.

Rodin
2017-05-04, 04:59 AM
Oh, that is because I don't think Zombies exist in this world. Rather, I don't think the Zombie Apocalypse genre really got popular. I don't remember were but, I think it's one of the reasons they don't call them zombies on The walking dead, and they call them walkers instead.

No, that argument doesn't work. By that point the parents had seen a guy get up after being killed, had seen the city descending into chaos, and IIRC the mother had fought off the principal after he got zombie'd. They were preparing to leave the city because they knew things were about to get bad. They tried to get her daughter to step away from someone who had been bitten (or had otherwise contracted the virus), once again without telling her why. Whether or not they know what a zombie is, they have first-hand experience to draw on.

They treated it like they were keeping this big secret, for no reason whatsoever. Even if you argue that they didn't tell anyone outside the family to improve their chances of escaping the city (which still makes them jackasses), the logic behind not telling direct family is utterly bizarre.

Then again, I eventually quit watching The Walking Dead for much the same reasons, so maybe I just have a low tolerance for the idiocy of zombie movie characters. Still, the Telltale games managed to largely avoid this issue, so it's not a universal failing of the genre.

Kyberwulf
2017-05-04, 07:01 AM
LOL. It's because, as I said before. It's like they know if they tell her. She will act like a crack addict and stop at nothing to go see her boyfriend. Who was already dead. She had to see for herself what was going on with people coming back.

I know its badly written. I don't know. It's like they think of cool scenarios to put characters in, then try write around that.

Psyren
2017-05-04, 12:22 PM
I wrote the show off very early on, after the parents didn't tell their daughter about the zombies. Because reasons. Then they didn't tell their neighbors about the zombies, which lead to said neighbors being eaten by zombies at a party they were holding. When the daughter hears the sounds of violence, she tries to go to help, and the mother stops her...STILL WITHOUT TELLING HER WHY.

At that point, I concluded that if the plot requires the main characters to be this stupid this early into the show there is just no saving it.

Agreed - the characters are even dumber than the main series, and that's saying something.

Pex
2017-05-04, 06:12 PM
You know how I like to label the trope caricatures of zombie apocalypses - The Hero, The Stupid, The Jerk, etc. This show is no exception, but there is a twist that may be on purpose even if the writers don't use my terms. One of my caricatures is the Donkey Cavity Who Just Has To Ruin It All. When The Group finally manages their own safe haven of a sort. They're managing to survive and on the brink of living happily ever after as possible, the Donkey Cavity comes along and destroys it. He wants their stuff. He just wants to see the world burn. He was not seen before in the movie but shows up at the end just to insist on there not being a happy ending. In the original Dawn of the Dead it's the Bikers. In The Walking Dead, even in the comics, it's Neegan.

The twist is The Group is the Donkey Cavity. Where ever they go they ruin someone else's safe haven. The safe haven might have already been doomed, but The Group hurries it up. Not in every case. The pirates who tricked the daughter. They were Donkey Cavities themselves against The Group. However, it is largely The Group who is ruining everything.