PDA

View Full Version : Beauty and the Beast character design.

SMac8988
2017-05-03, 01:39 PM
Hello fellow playgrounders, was looking for some help on an up coming charatcer I want to play.

My wife have talked for a bit playing a pair of characters similar to beauty and the beast, with some changes.

She plans to play an artificer, playing up on the tinkering side of Belle. The two will have been an arranged marriage and she will still want to "sow her wild oats" per say, and she plans to play her very flirty and airheaded.

Leaving me as the beast. I have talked to the DM and he will approve me playing a monster, long as it's humanoid ish, and it's only for base stats and I play a regular class.

I was hoping for suggestions on a monster to play. I was thinking bug bear could work, and are already in volos. Barbarian is what I'm thinking for class since it explains the rage moments.

Any ideas to make this a fun build?

Rogozhin
2017-05-03, 02:58 PM
Not sure if your DM would allow it but Kobold's Press's Tome of Beasts has a race called Bearfolk that would certainly fit the bill... and I know there homebrew options for playing lycanthropes out there... and the MM has werebears...

MadBear
2017-05-03, 03:00 PM
I'd look to the UA for some inspiration. Honestly something as simple as refluffing the half-orc or Goliath would be a great and simple way to represent the beast.

Honest Tiefling
2017-05-03, 03:00 PM
The Elemental Evil Player's companion has the Goliath, which I would say certainly fits the bill of hulking and suited to barbarian.

Perhaps a twist on it, and play a Warforged? That is UA, but I don't think the race is over powered. Certainly a different take on the whole beast angle, but it might explain why a tinkerer would be a much sought after wife for such a creature.