PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next 5th Edition D&D: The Hyrule Fantasy (Legend of Zelda)

CrackedChair
2017-05-03, 05:35 PM
Hello everybody. This is a thread where I will post my progress and thoughts on my creation of setting up a (Unofficial) Legend of Zelda sourcebook for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition.

As of now, there is work for me to do when it comes to basic stuff such as races, adjusting classes to fit in with the setting, as well as different magic, items, and anything else that I could do.

I will probably get started on races soon, and my thoughts on how to make them fit in a game like this. Stay tuned!

CrackedChair
2017-05-19, 02:41 PM
So, let's talk about the people of The Legend of Zelda, and how they could fit into 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons.

In The Legend of Zelda, plenty of races and people are established, but appearances vary among the games, some more common than others. What I need to do is try to get these races to fit in and work in a 5th edition D&D game. As such, I will try my best to balance out flaws and advantages the various races will have, as well as stat bonuses that fit in and any additional fluff, as well as common names for the races.

So, I thought a bit, and this is the list I will go with.

Common Races

Hylian
Shiekah
Goron
Zora
Gerudo

Uncommon Races

Kokiri
Rito

These races seem like the most likely sight people would see in the land of Hyrule, barring the Uncommon races, which are... well, uncommon, due to not having too much appearances in the games.

The one thing I might have a bit of a problem with, however, is expected age and how the races age. I might have to do a bit of research on this later, but for now I will just list what I know.

First off is the Hylians. Hylians honestly have more in common with standard D&D Humans than they do with Elves, due to a lot of variance in their features. So it may be acceptable to have they have the choice of a feat and +1 to two stats, or have the choice of having all their stats increased by 1. So, really, they are no different from Humans in D&D. Hylians are more often than not to be of a good alignment, but there can be exceptions. Aside from these, there is nothing I think they could have, aside from knowing how to read, speak, and write the Hylian language and the common language.

Next on the list would be the Sheikah. The Sheikah are established to be the protectors of the Hylians, and the protectors of the Hyrule Royal Family. One thing that can be agreed on is that they are naturally stealthy, so they might get some abilities to aid that. Compared to the Hylians variance in appearance, the Sheikah are recognizable by their white, or blonde hair and vivid red eyes.

So, here is what I think about the Sheikah's stats. Due to being dexterous and stealthy, a +2 to dexterity is what I should give them, and due to knack for making sensible judgement, this race could have a +1 to Wisdom. Another thing that could establish them as the 'Shadow Folk' they are could be a proficiency in the stealth skill and maybe, the insight skill, as well as Darkvision up to 60 feet. I am still not sure about the insight proficiency, and along with that, a proficiency in certain weapons, such as finesse weapons like shortswords, shortbows, and longbows, as well. but stealth is good to me. I also thought that innate spellcasting would be usable. For example, I could give Sheikah the ability at their first level to cast Disguise Self, and regain a use upon a long rest. At 3rd level, they could also use the spell Pass Without Trace once and regain the use once per long rest. Wisdom would be their spellcasting ability for these spells.

I will continue to brainstorm for the races tomorrow, but this is what I will use for the Hylians and the Sheikah.