PDA

View Full Version : Optimization 'instant' sorcerer build?

With a box
2017-05-04, 06:13 AM
Can we make a sorcerer( or any other spellcaster) build that use only Instantaneous spells, while doing things other then hitting thing?

noob
2017-05-04, 06:21 AM
Stone wall and iron wall are cool instant spells.

weckar
2017-05-04, 06:35 AM
Friendly Fire is also a gem, though check with your DM whether the original caster is a valid target.

Thurbane
2017-05-04, 05:20 PM
Once you get to high enough level, you can use Quicken Spell if you have the Rapid Metamagic feat.

If you want something to do with your standard actions, reserve feats might be useful (if a little underwhelming).

Rebel7284
2017-05-04, 05:50 PM
Like instantaneous Conjuration? Arcane Thesis -> Orb of Fire as the main attack mode would fit I think.

Zaq
2017-05-04, 08:24 PM
Most (all?) teleportation spells have a duration of Instantaneous, so there's some utility that isn't just hitting things.

You could go Domain Sorcerer and take a domain that has some healing spells or some condition-removal spells, which I believe are almost all instantaneous (except Neutralize Poison, for some reason). Healing isn't usually preferable as a way to spend your actions, but you knew that already, and we're optimizing a theme, right?

DeAnno
2017-05-05, 07:09 AM
You have the Dispels, and also most of the Save-Or-Dies/Sucks, including stuff like Feeblemind that you might think wouldn't be. On the other hand, a lot of weird instantaneous damage spells like Melf's Unicorn Arrow (PHB2) or Cylonic Blast (SC) have some bull rushes or object destruction mixed in with their damage. There are also a lot of miscellaneous strong things like Alter Fortune, Celerity (PHB2) and Arcane Fusion (CM)

Thurbane
2017-05-05, 07:11 AM
I misread as Immediate rather than Instantaneous.