PDA

View Full Version : A question about Polymorph

Chesto
2017-05-05, 06:19 AM
Apologies if this has already been asked, but I'm a little confused by the description of the Polymorph spell.

From d20srd:

"Upon changing, the subject regains lost hit points as if it had rested for a night (though this healing does not restore temporary ability damage and provide other benefits of resting; and changing back does not heal the subject further). If slain, the subject reverts to its original form, though it remains dead."

Now if I were to Polymorph myself I would get the maximum hit points of my new form, so if I were to Polymorph again during the next turn, does this mean that every turn I could restore myself to my new forms maximum hit points?

Khedrac
2017-05-05, 06:41 AM
No, what happens is that each time you change from you recover your level in hit points as is standard for an overnight rest.

With a full night’s rest (8 hours of sleep or more), you recover 1 hit point per character level. Any significant interruption during your rest prevents you from healing that night.
The total number of hit points you have in each form will remain unchanged* (Polymorph was errata'd not to alter hit points) and is independent of the form changed into. In effect your damage taken is just reduced by your level/hit dice

*Some new Polymorph-school spells explicitly grant additional hit points.

Chesto
2017-05-05, 06:49 AM
full night’s rest

Oh, OK. That's cleared it up.
Thanks a bunch!