PDA

View Full Version : Console Finding old games

Togath
2017-05-05, 05:58 PM
So I found myself thinking about four games I played a LONG time ago... aaand now can't remember the names of.
I remember a handful of details, but that's it.
(ps1)First I mostly remember the disk, a pig in a cape. The protagonist also had spiky hair that may have been pink. Game was a mainly 2d platformer.

(ps1)Second is a 3d platformer. Protagonist was purple(I think), and either the antagonist or a common enemy was either a tomato or pumpkin. Vaguely "spooky" themed.

(ps2)Third is, I think, a jrpg where town and dungeon navigation was a 2d platformer, and you could freeze/lock enemies in crystals to use them to solve puzzles. Combat was flat 3d though(kinda like Hyper Dimension Neptunia). I think either the protagonist was female or you could select them to be female.

(ps2)Fourth is a 3d Sonic/Sonic themed game, that I remember little of beyond "I think giant seaturtles with cannons?" and you could control... teams of characters maybe? I remember one was, I think, a bee, a lizard, and a crocodile, while another was Amy(one of the few sonic characters I remember), Cream(oddly, another), and a big... purple thing, maybe with an umbrella?

Anyone happen to be able to figure these out?

Wraith
2017-05-05, 06:08 PM
(ps1)First I mostly remember the disk, a pig in a cape. The protagonist also had spiky hair that may have been pink. Game was a mainly 2d platformer.

Pink, spiky hair makes me think of Tomba 2.

(ps1)Second is a 3d platformer. Protagonist was purple(I think), and either the antagonist or a common enemy was either a tomato or pumpkin. Vaguely "spooky" themed.

Jersey Devil?

(ps2)Fourth is a 3d Sonic/Sonic themed game, that I remember little of beyond "I think giant seaturtles with cannons?" and you could control... teams of characters maybe? I remember one was, I think, a bee, a lizard, and a crocodile, while another was Amy(one of the few sonic characters I remember), Cream(oddly, another), and a big... purple thing, maybe with an umbrella?

The characters that you describe are the Chaotix Crew, so on the PS2 that one is probably Sonic Heroes, but I don't recognise the last game. Sorry!

Togath
2017-05-05, 07:48 PM
Looks like those were the three(though with "Tomba!" rather than "Tomba 2", judging by googled images of the discs):smallbiggrin:
I've been wondering for years what games those three were.

TaRix
2017-05-06, 06:15 AM
(ps2)Third is, I think, a jrpg where town and dungeon navigation was a 2d platformer, and you could freeze/lock enemies in crystals to use them to solve puzzles. Combat was flat 3d though(kinda like Hyper Dimension Neptunia). I think either the protagonist was female or you could select them to be female.

I'd be willing to bet that this one is "Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria" for the PS2. Alicia is host to the valkyrie Silmeria, who directly summons/supports most of the numerous allies. Her powers freeze foes (and tele-switch with them somehow) and provide intel for her party.

Pretty good story, too. Knowledge of Valkyrie Profile isn't necessary, but you will recognize a few names if you do.

I'm not familiar with Neptunia combat, but VP:S is a flat-3d on a very large-ish grid when you maneuver, then goes to the PS1-style attacks when the attack begins. You are encouraged to refine your aim and timing in order to effectively dismember your foes, as that provides the bulk of your materials and possibly money.

Togath
2017-05-06, 04:17 PM
Yes! That's it I think!
*hugs you lots~*