PDA

View Full Version : Turning Elements from my Adventures into a Campaign

Goodkill
2017-05-05, 10:15 PM
i'm running a Forgotten Realms campaign. so far i have a lord in tethyr who gave the pcs quests and then unsuccessfully tried to kill them off by giving them one that was too hard (ostensibly to avoid having to pay them). there was also a vrock bard. there was a dragon demi-god and we got a cloak of eyes that had powers and was linked to the dragon deity (his presence in the world of mortals, sort of; he can see what the mortals see via the cloak). then there was a cult of Dagon who we fled because nobody wanted to fight the demons in charge.

can anybody think of a way to link these together into a campaign that comes to a conclusion? alternatively if you just have a good campaign idea perhaps involving Tethyr that would be great. i know some people are good at coming up with ideas for that kind of thing. my creativity is exhausted by working on my app and taking classes so i don't have much left to come up with things, and i'm not good at coming up with things regardless. just looking for a fun idea.

GilesTheCleric
2017-05-05, 11:30 PM
The cult of Dagon is extorting the lord. The dragon demi-god is a bastion of Law and wishes to aid anyone who will lend a hand in toppling/ restoring to Law the corrupt network that the cult has created.

Defeating the demons in charge of the cult will end their reign, as will cutting away their loyal followers. That could be done via bloodshed or conversion. The PCs could also stage a political coup to remove the corrupt politicians from power, could convince them that the demons aren't in their best interest, or could help them get out from the demons' blackmail/ extortions/ thumb.

Follow whichever type of approach your PCs enjoy the most.

Gildedragon
2017-05-06, 10:46 AM
Cult of Dag extorting lord is good

Alternative: Lord is involved in shady business (to supplement their income and cost their lavish lifestyle). Possibly drugs?
Cult of Dag is edging in on his goods.
Dragon demigod craves the relic the Dagsters have, as part of his plot to ascend to full divinity.
Dragon demigod tasks PCs to find the relic by raiding Dagster culthouses (and looking for their central hub). Some false starts, maybe some of the cult houses have already been raided or turned upside down. Some have cult-chemists or addled worshipers, which point them to another culthouse or have a lesser version of the relic sought.
Mid one of those raids lord's thugs burst in... Threeway fight.
Lord possibly rehires adventurers OR manages to get the actual relic OR allies with Dagon culters v PCs (as the Dagsters have strong magically enhanced products) and takes the relic as collateral
PCs retrieve relic and give it to dragon
Dragon becomes a Pseudonatural Dragon God-Thing. PCs have to kill the monster before it ascends to full godhood

Goodkill
2017-05-06, 08:36 PM
yes! thanks Giles and Gilded, this is exactly what i was looking for. if anybody else has ideas, i greedily would like to hear them but this may be enough for me. thanks again! my dad is good at coming up with campaign/adventure ideas as well but he's one of my players so i can't use his ideas ... i figured giantitp was the right place.