Peace is a lie.
There is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power I gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free.
–The Sith Code

Warlock Patron: The Sith (PDF) (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pdYIcfHauwWGQ1eWxyRFlicWs/view?usp=sharing)

This is a revival and fixing up of an old subclass I made a year ago: the Sith. The Warlock class already can emulate a lot of Jedi/Sith abilities, taking Blade Pact and numerous on-theme spells like Suggestion, Witch Bolt, and more. I wanted to make a subclass that enhances those abilities and fill in any holes in that class fantasy.

Since this is a subclass that encourages melee combat to some degree, I wanted the abilities to support a Warlock going into melee combat, much like the UA Hexblade (https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/20170213_Wizrd_Wrlck_UAv2_i48nf.pdf) does. Warlocks going into melee face some difficulties, notably they are squishy with 1d8 hit dice, light armor, and few base class methods to increase survivability. Also wielding a weapon usually makes them MAD. The UA Hexblade addresses this by giving them armor proficiencies, shield, lets them use CHA on weapon attacks, and regain some hit points.

The Sith subclass also aims to bump the Warlock's survivability and decrease MAD so they can succeed in melee combat. It also tries to give the character access to iconic Sith features. That is my design goal. Currently I'm unhappy with the class features: I don't know which should be left as spells, which should be invocations, and which should be class features. Any input on how to organize things and what to add would be greatly appreciated.

The Sith
Your patron is no individual but rather the Force, an energy field connecting all living things in the galaxy. By conjuring up your most powerful emotions -- hate, anger, fear -- you can tap into the Force, subjugating it to your will for devastating powers.

Expanded Spell List
The Sith lets you choose from an expanded list of spells when you learn a warlock spell. The following spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.
1st: force repulse, lightning blast
2nd: detect thoughts, saber throw
3rd: force blast, haste
4th: compulsion, locate creature
5th: dominate person, telekinesis

Lightsaber
Starting at 1st level, you learn an attunement ritual that transforms a melee weapon into a lightsaber. You perform the ritual over 1 hour, which can be done during a short rest. The weapon must be within your reach throughout the ritual, during which the weapon crumbles to dust, leaving only the hilt. If the lightsaber was made from a weapon with magical properties, those properties persist.
While the hilt is held in your hand, you can emit a blade of pure radiant energy without requiring an action that sheds dim light in a 15-foot radius. The lightsaber retains the same properties as the original weapon, except its damage type is radiant. You are proficient with your lightsaber and can use your Charisma modifier, instead of Strength or Dexterity, for the attack and damage rolls.
You can have up to two lightsabers created this way. If you attempt to create a third lightsaber, you must break your attunement with one of the other two lightsabers, which reverts the transformation back into the weapon it was previously.

Read Emotions
Starting at 6th level, you are aware of the basic emotional state of creatures you can see within 30 feet of you.

Deflect Projectiles
At 10th level, if you are wielding a lightsaber and are hit by a ranged weapon or damaging spell attack that targets you, you can use your reaction to deflect the missile. When you do so, the damage you take from the attack is reduced by 1d10 + your Charisma modifier + your warlock level.

Redirect Projectiles
At 14th level, if you are wielding a lightsaber and are targeted by a ranged weapon or damaging spell attack, you may use your reaction to nullify the attack against you and redirect it elsewhere. You make a ranged attack with the weapon or spell, the attack modifier being equal to your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short of long rest.

Spell Descriptions
The spells are presented in alphabetical order.

Force Blast
3rd-level evocation

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (30-foot cone)
Components: S
Duration: Instantaneous

A blast of pure Force-energy erupts from your hands. Each creature in a 30-foot cube originating from you must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 5d8 bludgeoning damage and is pushed 20 feet away from you and knocked prone. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn’t pushed or knocked prone.
In addition, unsecured objects that are completely within the area of effect are automatically pushed 20 feet away from you by the spell’s effect.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 3rd.

Force Push
1st-level evocation

Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: 30 feet

You slam a concussive burst of force at one creature within range. The target must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, the target is pushed 20 feet away from you and knocked prone. On a successful save, the creature isn’t pushed or knocked prone.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you may target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st. The creatures must be within 30 feet of each other when you target them.

Force Repulse
1st-level evocation

Range: Self (15-foot sphere)

A 15-foot sphere of pure Force-energy pulses outward from you. Each creature in a 15-foot radius around you must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d8 bludgeoning damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn’t pushed.
In addition, unsecured objects that are completely within the are of effect are automatically pushed 10 feet away from you by the spell’s effect.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.

Lightning Blast
1st-level evocation

Range: Self (15-foot cone)

Streams of lightning burst forth from your outstretched fingertips. Each creature in a 15-foot cone must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 3d6 lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Sense Emotion
1st-level divination

Range: Self
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes

You attune your senses to pick up the emotions of others for the duration. When you cast the spell, and as your action on each turn until the spell ends, you can focus your senses on one humanoid you can see within 30 feet of you. You instantly learn the target’s prevailing emotion, whether it’s love, anger, pain, fear, calm, or something else. If the target isn’t actually humanoid or it is immune to being charmed, you sense that it is calm.

Saber Throw
2nd-level transmutation

Range: 30 feet
Components: S, M (a lightsaber)

You toss your lightsaber, sending it spinning through the air in a straight line 30 feet long and 5 feet wide in a direction you choose. Each creature in the line must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 3d8 radiant damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The lightsaber then returns back to your hand immediately after the spell resolves.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 2nd.