PDA

View Full Version : Heart soul and memory 3 (Revenge of the Past)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Illven
2017-07-31, 11:27 PM
Episode 4 Scene 5

It is not long before the improtu pizza party goes on, and ends.

As you wait outside in the chilly January winter, it is not long.

Before you hear Ophelia getting cat called. She's trying to ignore it, but it does seem to be getting to her.

What do you do?

Conflict =d8 Intimidate the catcaller and make it clear that this behavior is not acceptable. +3 VP with Ophelia

Luck =d6 Oh hey, his car broke down, let's get out of here. +2 VP with Ophelia

A player succeeding on either or both rolls influences the plot.

Esprit15
2017-07-31, 11:50 PM
Athena looks at the man with a deadpan glare. Hm... Ophelia looks distressed by that man. How to make him stop... Looking around, she picks up a rock and throws it toward the man, though it instead hits the car's windshield.

"Sir, you may want to get your windshield fixed. Driving with a crack that obstructs vision is against the law. I'd recommend taking care of it immediately."
Luck

Meriss
2017-08-02, 08:03 PM
Tachi looks shocked at the most ordered person in class turning to chaos. Which meant this fool... The incubus closes his eyes for a moment. The currents around the catcaller were ripe. All he needed to do was push. It was one trick he almost remembered. The demon focuses on his chaos field and pushes it towards the catcaller. "Hey buster, I hope you have insurance! You're about to have a bad day!"

Luck: Straight roll; Faustian Pact: +2; Speak of the devil: +1; Total: +3

Zevox
2017-08-03, 06:45 PM
Alice looked over at her friend from where she was leaning against the wall of the building. "Huh? Something wrong Opheliaaaaaa!" she said, her question turning into a shout of surprise as she slipped, her foot accidentally kicking something. She hit the pavement with a thud, just in time to watch the thing she'd kicked roll out into the street, a glass bottle on a course for a nearby car's wheels...

Strong Luck +1, Accident-Prone +2 = +3 total.

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-03, 09:41 PM
"Just ignore him, Ophelia," Emma said to her with a frown, "People make fun of me all the time, and that's what I've learned to do. Besides, I'm sure things will work themselves out. They always seem to around me."

Though what Emma didn't mention was the spell she used to attempt to flood the car's engine. Ophelia doesn't really need to know about every aspect of her divine punishment. After all, it's not like she's hurting the guy himself: it's just his car, right?

Strong Luck (+1), Reality Warper (+2), +3 total.

2017-08-03, 10:38 PM
Samantha did her best to help Ophelia bare the catcalling, but a long day had left her surprisingly tired...

Luck. Weak roll -1, Faustian Pact -2, total -3.

Illven
2017-08-03, 11:01 PM
Athena looks at the man with a deadpan glare. Hm... Ophelia looks distressed by that man. How to make him stop... Looking around, she picks up a rock and throws it toward the man, though it instead hits the car's windshield.

"Sir, you may want to get your windshield fixed. Driving with a crack that obstructs vision is against the law. I'd recommend taking care of it immediately."
Luck

"My car window isn't cracked." The man replies, and on closer inspection it seems the window didn't infact suffer any damage.

Nice try, anyway. Ophelia remarks.

"Just ignore him, Ophelia," Emma said to her with a frown, "People make fun of me all the time, and that's what I've learned to do. Besides, I'm sure things will work themselves out. They always seem to around me."

Though what Emma didn't mention was the spell she used to attempt to flood the car's engine. Ophelia doesn't really need to know about every aspect of her divine punishment. After all, it's not like she's hurting the guy himself: it's just his car, right?

Unfortunately Emma's aim was off, and you see a middle aged lady start her car next to the man's and start crying as the hood starts spewing water.

Samantha did her best to help Ophelia bare the catcalling, but a long day had left her surprisingly tired...

Luck. Weak roll -1, Faustian Pact -2, total -3.

"You okay, Sam?" Queenie asks concerned.

Tachi looks shocked at the most ordered person in class turning to chaos. Which meant this fool... The incubus closes his eyes for a moment. The currents around the catcaller were ripe. All he needed to do was push. It was one trick he almost remembered. The demon focuses on his chaos field and pushes it towards the catcaller. "Hey buster, I hope you have insurance! You're about to have a bad day!"

Luck: Straight roll; Faustian Pact: +2; Speak of the devil: +1; Total: +3

"Oh what's that supposed to mean?" He asks stepping threateningly.

Alice looked over at her friend from where she was leaning against the wall of the building. "Huh? Something wrong Opheliaaaaaa!" she said, her question turning into a shout of surprise as she slipped, her foot accidentally kicking something. She hit the pavement with a thud, just in time to watch the thing she'd kicked roll out into the street, a glass bottle on a course for a nearby car's wheels...

The bottle hits the car's wheel and shatters shredding the guy's tires.

Crap. Ophelia remarks picking up Alice. Let's get out of here! She requests.

Esprit15
2017-08-03, 11:07 PM
Seeing the damage caused by the bottle, Athena follows Ophelia as she begins to flee.

Illven
2017-08-03, 11:19 PM
Seeing the damage caused by the bottle, Athena follows Ophelia as she begins to flee.

Good thing we don't have a car for them to get a license plate. Ophelia remarks.

Esprit15
2017-08-03, 11:33 PM
Good thing we don't have a car for them to get a license plate. Ophelia remarks.

"No, but I believe I got his down if he bothers to remember our descriptions and reports us. I'm sure lewd actions toward an underage teenager will look very good on him."

Illven
2017-08-03, 11:45 PM
"No, but I believe I got his down if he bothers to remember our descriptions and reports us. I'm sure lewd actions toward an underage teenager will look very good on him."

That. Is an excellent point. Ophelia remarks.

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-04, 12:21 AM
"Uh oh," Emma says, as she watches the woman's engine flood.

Illven
2017-08-04, 12:35 AM
"Uh oh," Emma says, as she watches the woman's engine flood.

Emma, everything okay? Ophelia replied.

Esprit15
2017-08-04, 01:04 AM
That. Is an excellent point. Ophelia remarks.

"It's why I made it. Always learn a system if you think it will be useful."

Illven
2017-08-04, 01:21 AM
"It's why I made it. Always learn a system if you think it will be useful."

Think the cops will prosecute though? Ophelia remarks.

Esprit15
2017-08-04, 01:35 AM
Think the cops will prosecute though? Ophelia remarks.

"No, it serves more as a defense if he were to try anything. We responded to his actions by making it clear that his behavior would not be tolerated."

Illven
2017-08-04, 02:36 AM
"No, it serves more as a defense if he were to try anything. We responded to his actions by making it clear that his behavior would not be tolerated."

Hopefully the cops won't accuse us of escalating the situation. Ophelia remarks.

Meriss
2017-08-04, 06:53 AM
Unfortunately Emma's aim was off, and you see a middle aged lady start her car next to the man's and start crying as the hood starts spewing water.

Tachi winces as he feels his chaos field intersect a spell. That ended well...

"Oh what's that supposed to mean?" He asks stepping threateningly.

The incubus shrinks at the display of agression. He looks like he's about to surrender when...

"That! Karma is still a thing!"

Tachi grabs Emma's chair. "Cheese it!" The incubus cackles as they run.

Hopefully the cops won't accuse us of escalating the situation. Ophelia remarks.

Tachi giggles childishly. "Darling, don't worry we can hardly be blamed for Murphy's law. That idiot was ripe for a chaos explosion. You can't put that much negativity into the universe and not expect something to happen. Which is exactly what I suggest everyone says if you're asked."

Illven
2017-08-04, 01:43 PM
But will people believe Alice just tripped..... Okay they will if they know us, but if they don't. Ophelia piped up.

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-04, 05:43 PM
Emma, everything okay? Ophelia replied.

Emma frowned and looked over at Ophelia guiltily, "Well, I sorta, kinda... I tried..."

Tachi grabs Emma's chair. "Cheese it!" The incubus cackles as they run.[/Color]

Before Emma can bring herself to admit what happened, she was whisked away by Tachi and his mad dash away from the scene of the crime.

"Eeeeek!" she screamed, gripping the armrests of her chair for stability as she was brought along with her fleeing friends.

Illven
2017-08-04, 05:47 PM
Emma frowned and looked over at Ophelia guiltily, "Well, I sorta, kinda... I tried..."

Before Emma can bring herself to admit what happened, she was whisked away by Tachi and his mad dash away from the scene of the crime.

"Eeeeek!" she screamed, gripping the armrests of her chair for stability as she was brought along with her fleeing friends.

Are you okay? Ophelia remarks at Emma's panic.

Zevox
2017-08-04, 06:50 PM

Alice could hardly believe what had just happened - she'd practically blinked and missed it. First the bottle with the car, then Ophelia grabbing her, and now here she was in the other girl's arms, some distance away from where they'd start. She looked up at her friend's face and grinned. "Well well, my hero. I didn't know you had that in you, Ophelia. Been working out?" she asked flirtatiously, and only partly jokingly.

Illven
2017-08-04, 07:46 PM
Alice could hardly believe what had just happened - she'd practically blinked and missed it. First the bottle with the car, then Ophelia grabbing her, and now here she was in the other girl's arms, some distance away from where they'd start. She looked up at her friend's face and grinned. "Well well, my hero. I didn't know you had that in you, Ophelia. Been working out?" she asked flirtatiously, and only partly jokingly.

Ophelia shakes her head. A strength enhancing spell is one of the most simple spells to learn. Practically every sorcerer knows it.

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-04, 07:49 PM
Are you okay? Ophelia remarks at Emma's panic.

"Yeah, I'm just not used to going this fast!" Emma shouted, feeling a mix of excitement and terror.

Illven
2017-08-04, 08:35 PM
"Yeah, I'm just not used to going this fast!" Emma shouted, feeling a mix of excitement and terror.

Well we'll keep you safe. Ophelia assures you.

Zevox
2017-08-04, 10:02 PM
Ophelia shakes her head. A strength enhancing spell is one of the most simple spells to learn. Practically every sorcerer knows it.
"Oh," Alice said, a little disappointed. "Well, it's still sweet of you."

Illven
2017-08-04, 11:53 PM
"Oh," Alice said, a little disappointed. "Well, it's still sweet of you."

What you wanted to see me working out? Ophelia grinned.

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-05, 12:33 AM
Well we'll keep you safe. Ophelia assures you.

"I know," Emma said, before looking up at Tachi, "Just don't stop too suddenly or I could go flying."

Illven
2017-08-05, 01:43 AM
"I know," Emma said, before looking up at Tachi, "Just don't stop too suddenly or I could go flying."

Water and Air, huh? Ophelia remarked with a grin.

Meriss
2017-08-05, 05:20 AM
But will people believe Alice just tripped..... Okay they will if they know us, but if they don't. Ophelia piped up.
Tachi laughs again. "Darling, that jerk was a jerk. I don't think we'll have any more problems from him."

Tachi nods "Please note sweetie. We are now walking. Once Natalie catches up she can take back over."

The incubus chuckles again. "Darlings, I want to thank everyone for the infusion of chaos. I haven't felt this good in January in ages!"

Zevox
2017-08-05, 11:48 AM
What you wanted to see me working out? Ophelia grinned.
"I wouldn't say no to it," Alice said with her own grin, running her hand over Ophelia's arm as if to feel the muscle. "It's not just guys that look good at a gym. Strong girls can be pretty hot too," she flirted with a wink.

The incubus chuckles again. "Darlings, I want to thank everyone for the infusion of chaos. I haven't felt this good in January in ages!"
"Uh... you're welcome?" Alice answers, not seeming to understand.

Illven
2017-08-05, 01:38 PM
Tachi laughs again. "Darling, that jerk was a jerk. I don't think we'll have any more problems from him."

Tachi nods "Please note sweetie. We are now walking. Once Natalie catches up she can take back over."

It is in fact soon that Natalie catches up.

"I believe that it is my privilege to carry the emerald maiden." She protests.

"I wouldn't say no to it," Alice said with her own grin, running her hand over Ophelia's arm as if to feel the muscle. "It's not just guys that look good at a gym. Strong girls can be pretty hot too," she flirted with a wink.

"Uh... you're welcome?" Alice answers, not seeming to understand.

But then it might kill my delicious peacock curves. Ophelia protests.

Zevox
2017-08-05, 07:29 PM
"'Peacock curves?'" Alice echoed, confused. "Girl, you've totally got great curves, but... uh, what do you mean 'Peacock?'"

Illven
2017-08-05, 07:34 PM
"'Peacock curves?'" Alice echoed, confused. "Girl, you've totally got great curves, but... uh, what do you mean 'Peacock?'"

Oh. It was something I was discussing with Athena. See my boobs aren't really that great of an evolutionary advantage like huge muscles might be, so we got to wondering if it was like a peacock's tail. I'm fit enough to survive even with this.

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-05, 08:57 PM

"Oh, no problem!" Emma said with a smile, even though she didn't really know what she did, "It is my duty to help people feel better in troubling times."

"Natalie!" Emma said cheerily, "You made it! I thought we lost you for a second."

Oh. It was something I was discussing with Athena. See my boobs aren't really that great of an evolutionary advantage like huge muscles might be, so we got to wondering if it was like a peacock's tail. I'm fit enough to survive even with this.

"But they look so good!" Emma said, "Like a peacock's tail! That counts for something important, right?"

Illven
2017-08-05, 09:33 PM
"Oh, no problem!" Emma said with a smile, even though she didn't really know what she did, "It is my duty to help people feel better in troubling times."

"Natalie!" Emma said cheerily, "You made it! I thought we lost you for a second."

"But they look so good!" Emma said, "Like a peacock's tail! That counts for something important, right?"

Emma! "Emerald Maiden!" Ophelia and Emma pipe up at the same time.

Zevox
2017-08-05, 11:58 PM
"Uhh.... huh," Alice said. "That doesn't make any sense. What's survival or Peacock tails got to do with anything? Boobs just look hot - especially yours," she added, switching to flirting seamlessly with a grin.

Illven
2017-08-06, 12:09 AM
"Uhh.... huh," Alice said. "That doesn't make any sense. What's survival or Peacock tails got to do with anything? Boobs just look hot - especially yours," she added, switching to flirting seamlessly with a grin.

Well mine, aren't exactly aerodynamic. Ophelia remarks.

Zevox
2017-08-06, 12:40 AM
Well mine, aren't exactly aerodynamic. Ophelia remarks.
Alice just gave Ophelia a stupefied look, as if she'd just told her the sky was orange.

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-06, 01:39 AM
Emma! "Emerald Maiden!" Ophelia and Emma pipe up at the same time.

"What?" Emma asked, "I'm just saying why you would be blessed with them."

Illven
2017-08-06, 02:51 AM
Alice just gave Ophelia a stupefied look, as if she'd just told her the sky was orange.

I'm not being clear huh? Ophelia remarks.

"What?" Emma asked, "I'm just saying why you would be blessed with them."

Ophelia doesn't seem to entirely believe you. But Natalie is pacified.

"My apologies for misunderstanding Emerald Maiden." She replies with a curtsey.

Meriss
2017-08-06, 03:52 PM

Rather than risk potentially angry cultist Tachi steps aside.

Tachi laughs broadly at this.

Tachi smiles at Emma. "Trust me it helps quite a bit."

The incubus chuckles again. "I think Ophelia would prefer to be remembered for her intelligence or magical skill rather than her body."

Tachi shakes his head. "Emerald Maiden I must commend you, your followers are always so polite."

Illven
2017-08-06, 04:36 PM
Well really it's a mix of all three. Like I know I'm attractive. Ophelia pipes up confidently.

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-06, 05:19 PM

"You are forgiven," Emma says, "I can see why you might have been mistaken. Saying she looks good can be seen as flirtatious."

Tachi shakes his head. "Emerald Maiden I must commend you, your followers are always so polite."

"Thank you," Emma says with a smile, "I do my best to make it clear that my followers should be nice to people, even if they don't worship me."

Illven
2017-08-06, 11:05 PM
"You are forgiven," Emma says, "I can see why you might have been mistaken. Saying she looks good can be seen as flirtatious."

"Thank you," Emma says with a smile, "I do my best to make it clear that my followers should be nice to people, even if they don't worship me."

"Her mercy is as vast as the sea." Natalie pipes up.

Illven
2017-08-08, 07:48 PM
Episode 4 Scene 6

And with that your wild run for freedom is successful. You hang out a couple of more hours, go your separate ways in peace, and settle down for a nice night.

Ophelia, who was now miss popular of the freshmen class was getting more and more confident. She had decided to bring in one of her mannequins to class.

She is now currently getting chewed out by her sorcerous teacher first thing in the morning.

What do you do?

Make your choice of roll, to get to the bottom of this. +3 VP with Ophelia.

Meriss
2017-08-11, 12:52 PM
Tachi struts boldly over to the argument. "Whatever's the matter darlings. Surely we should be proud of Ophelia's skill and inventiveness. Not have her hide it under a basket? Isn't that what Sorcery is all about?" The incubus primps and preens in front of the two making sure to flash his chest a few times. If the rumors about this particular teacher were right, he'd have the poor soul eating right out of his demonic hand.

Allure: Strong Roll +1; Shameless +2; Total +3
+1 if Soldier of Sin activates

Esprit15
2017-08-12, 08:26 AM
"I'm sorry, but is there a problem?" Athena asks as she notices the enraged teacher. "Unless I missed it in the student rules, there is nothing that specifically prohibits her from bringing in a manequin to class, so long as it does not interfere with learning. Should it remain at the back of the class when unnecessary, that need would be met."
Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2)

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-12, 02:08 PM
"I don't get what the big deal is," Emma said with a pout, "It's just a mannequin. It's not like she brought a zombie to school or anything. Pretty smart of her too, since unlike a zombie a mannequin doesn't rot. Like seriously, the undead really stink. At least that's what I've heard," she finishes somewhat awkwardly.

Strong Luck (+1), Shining Trapezehedron (+2?), +1/+3 total. Also popping Shadow Out of Time to force a reroll on everyone else.

Zevox
2017-08-12, 06:38 PM
"Yeah, c'mon," Alice agreed with the others, wrapping her arms around the teacher's arm to get his attention. "It's just a little helper, she's not really hurting anything, right?" And hey, if the argument didn't work, maybe the teacher would find her a distracting enough to forget his scolding. She hadn't worn clothes quite as skimpy as she often did today, but after getting to school she had tied her shirt off under her bust, effectively baring her midriff anyway, and her shirt was already low-cut to show off her cleavage. Plus her skirt, while not a mini-skirt, was short enough to show off plenty of her legs.

Allure, Touchy-Feely +1, Shameless +2 = +3 total.
Yeah, couldn't figure out a Luck roll for this one.

2017-08-12, 09:39 PM
"I'm not sure what the problem is, ma'am. The mannequin is well under control, and it's neither against the rules nor really conducive to skirting them, at least not in any way I can think of. I can understand that it might be considered a distraction, but I'm certain that's perfectly manageable."

Skill. Strong roll 1+Honor Student 2+Connections 2=+5.

Dazzling Display.

Illven
2017-08-12, 11:41 PM
Tachi struts boldly over to the argument. "Whatever's the matter darlings. Surely we should be proud of Ophelia's skill and inventiveness. Not have her hide it under a basket? Isn't that what Sorcery is all about?" The incubus primps and preens in front of the two making sure to flash his chest a few times. If the rumors about this particular teacher were right, he'd have the poor soul eating right out of his demonic hand.

Allure: Strong Roll +1; Shameless +2; Total +3

See below post

"Yeah, c'mon," Alice agreed with the others, wrapping her arms around the teacher's arm to get his attention. "It's just a little helper, she's not really hurting anything, right?" And hey, if the argument didn't work, maybe the teacher would find her a distracting enough to forget his scolding. She hadn't worn clothes quite as skimpy as she often did today, but after getting to school she had tied her shirt off under her bust, effectively baring her midriff anyway, and her shirt was already low-cut to show off her cleavage. Plus her skirt, while not a mini-skirt, was short enough to show off plenty of her legs.

Allure, Touchy-Feely +1, Shameless +2 = +3 total.
Yeah, couldn't figure out a Luck roll for this one.

Whatever Tachi may have heard about the man's taste. They seem not to apply to children.

"Stop touching me." He snarls at both of you.

"I'm sorry, but is there a problem?" Athena asks as she notices the enraged teacher. "Unless I missed it in the student rules, there is nothing that specifically prohibits her from bringing in a manequin to class, so long as it does not interfere with learning. Should it remain at the back of the class when unnecessary, that need would be met."

"Yes, but it's still dangerous." The sorcery teacher remarks.

"I don't get what the big deal is," Emma said with a pout, "It's just a mannequin. It's not like she brought a zombie to school or anything. Pretty smart of her too, since unlike a zombie a mannequin doesn't rot. Like seriously, the undead really stink. At least that's what I've heard," she finishes somewhat awkwardly.

Strong Luck (+1), Shining Trapezehedron (+2?), +1/+3 total. Also popping Shadow Out of Time to force a reroll on everyone else.

"What you've heard?" You hear one of your classmates pipe up to check what in the abyss is going on.

"I'm not sure what the problem is, ma'am. The mannequin is well under control, and it's neither against the rules nor really conducive to skirting them, at least not in any way I can think of. I can understand that it might be considered a distraction, but I'm certain that's perfectly manageable."

Dazzling Display.

"Sir." He replies sternly. "And the point is, reanimating long term like that, rips out chunks of the sorcerer's soul that performs the animation." He replies.

I don't feel less souly. Ophelia countermands.

Esprit15
2017-08-13, 03:37 AM
"Removal of the soul?" Athena asks, remembering the conversation from before. "Can I get a citation on that claim?"

Zevox
2017-08-13, 10:13 AM
Whatever Tachi may have heard about the man's taste. They seem not to apply to children.

Alice let go of the man and crossed her arms in a huff. "Well fine, Mr. Rude," she remarked with a huff.

Illven
2017-08-13, 10:33 PM
"Removal of the soul?" Athena asks, remembering the conversation from before. "Can I get a citation on that claim?"

"Yes. Off the top of my head the most notable claim is Baron the Bold of 1453, he animated the typical suits of armor around a castle to fight when his army was defeated, and it's said he turned completely emotionless." He replies.

Alice let go of the man and crossed her arms in a huff. "Well fine, Mr. Rude," she remarked with a huff.

"Yes, I'm so terribly rude." He replies snarky rolling his eyes.

Esprit15
2017-08-13, 11:28 PM
"Ah yes, 1453, a most scientific year. Sixty-one years before Copernicus's Commentariolus posited the idea that the sun does not orbit Earth. Around four hundred years before the practice of bloodletting fell out of favor. Approximately two hundred years before the differences between the plant and fungal kingdoms were acknowledged. Obviously, a 560 year old account is the most reliable statement on the safety of sorcerers practices," Athena rattles off. "It's certainly impossible that his pride was simply shattered at the loss of his army. Alternatively: maybe you shouldn't destroy her mannequins, if it worries you so much?"

Illven
2017-08-13, 11:47 PM
"Ah yes, 1453, a most scientific year. Sixty-one years before Copernicus's Commentariolus posited the idea that the sun does not orbit Earth. Around four hundred years before the practice of bloodletting fell out of favor. Approximately two hundred years before the differences between the plant and fungal kingdoms were acknowledged. Obviously, a 560 year old account is the most reliable statement on the safety of sorcerers practices," Athena rattles off. "It's certainly impossible that his pride was simply shattered at the loss of his army. Alternatively: maybe you shouldn't destroy her mannequins, if it worries you so much?"

"It's the creation of such an object, not the destruction of it." He replies.

"Look, let me into my classroom and I'll show you the books on the subject." He adds.

Esprit15
2017-08-13, 11:54 PM
"Then why did he lose his emotions after their destruction as opposed to their creation?"

Illven
2017-08-14, 12:16 AM
"Then why did he lose his emotions after their destruction as opposed to their creation?"

"He lost all his men. No one really talked to him before there creation, and their destruction." Ophelia's teacher explains.

Esprit15
2017-08-14, 12:49 AM
"So you have one account, in which nobody really saw him before the posited catalyst. Pardon me if I don't think your paper wouldn't pass any serious peer review."

Illven
2017-08-14, 01:17 AM
"So you have one account, in which nobody really saw him before the posited catalyst. Pardon me if I don't think your paper wouldn't pass any serious peer review."

He starts storming off.

What do you do?

Esprit15
2017-08-14, 02:56 AM
A normal sarcastic person would have waved, possibly making some parting comment about being sour about being wrong or a similar nature, while deriving a sense of superiority.

Athena instead watches the man leave, slightly baffled. While the anecdote was useful and deserved further research from her in spare time, he needed to know the flaws in his logic if he was going to make decisions that affected other people based on said faulty reasoning. "Was I wrong, Ophelia?"

Illven
2017-08-14, 03:02 AM
A normal sarcastic person would have waved, possibly making some parting comment about being sour about being wrong or a similar nature, while deriving a sense of superiority.

Athena instead watches the man leave, slightly baffled. While the anecdote was useful and deserved further research from her in spare time, he needed to know the flaws in his logic if he was going to make decisions that affected other people based on said faulty reasoning. "Was I wrong, Ophelia?"

No. I'm wondering why he thinks I'm endangering my soul. My soul's fine. Ophelia remarks.

Meriss
2017-08-14, 12:25 PM

Tachi makes sure his hands are well away from the man. "I'm not touching anyone. That would be against the rules."

"Sir." He replies sternly. "And the point is, reanimating long term like that, rips out chunks of the sorcerer's soul that performs the animation." He replies.

I don't feel less souly. Ophelia countermands.
Tachi pipes up. "This is the second time I've heard that argument. Would you care to explain?"
The teacher stomps off and the incubus feels less likely to pursue him.

No. I'm wondering why he thinks I'm endangering my soul. My soul's fine. Ophelia remarks.

Tachi looks oddly at Ophelia. "Is this one of those 'How many angels can fit on the head of a pin?' things I can never seem to understand? Also is he not scrying you like once a week? I thought all Sorcery students had to be examined in case of Magical abnormalities. I mean I have to see a demon once every month or so to make sure my chaos field is working. Same principle right?"

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-14, 11:25 PM
"What you've heard?" You hear one of your classmates pipe up to check what in the abyss is going on.

"Yeah, from other people," Emma said, not bothering to elaborate.

She watches the sorcery teacher storm off in a huff, then looks over at Athena and asks, "Say, why did bloodletting fall out of favor? I never really got that."

Esprit15
2017-08-15, 01:06 AM
"He adheres to a fifteenth century hypothesis on the nature of the human body," Athena says plainly.
Should have asked before, but is the soul treated as a serious thing in scientific circles, or is it largely just something tied to celestials and demons, while other races lack them entirely?

"Yeah, from other people," Emma said, not bothering to elaborate.

She watches the sorcery teacher storm off in a huff, then looks over at Athena and asks, "Say, why did bloodletting fall out of favor? I never really got that."
"Because the four humours were eventually uncovered as pseudoscientific nonsense. Germ theory had a lot more evidence going for it, and as it turns out, the human body is quite competent at maintaining proper levels of blood. The only reason one should willingly drain blood from their body is to feed a friendly vampire, or to donate to a blood bank, that is to say, when helping others who are less well."

Illven
2017-08-15, 01:56 AM
"He adheres to a fifteenth century hypothesis on the nature of the human body," Athena says plainly.
Should have asked before, but is the soul treated as a serious thing in scientific circles, or is it largely just something tied to celestials and demons, while other races lack them entirely?

"Because the four humours were eventually uncovered as pseudoscientific nonsense. Germ theory had a lot more evidence going for it, and as it turns out, the human body is quite competent at maintaining proper levels of blood. The only reason one should willingly drain blood from their body is to feed a friendly vampire, or to donate to a blood bank, that is to say, when helping others who are less well."

The soul is treated as a scientific circles and it is in fact possible to manipulate by magic.

The most deep rooted and hard to remove charms involve working with soul energys for instance.

I thought there was one other treatment that in bad conditions, leeches are still acceptable.... Or am I thinking maggots.... Ophelia muses.

Esprit15
2017-08-15, 02:28 AM
"Neither are a good idea. Both breed disease. While leeches are useful in medicine to research anticoagulants and maggots can be used to time stamp a corpse, neither is particularly useful to a living person as a curative measure. I am familiar with the use of leeches to counteract clots, but that carries its own aforementioned risks and is only a passable idea in areas without modern medical technology."

Illven
2017-08-15, 02:53 AM
"Neither are a good idea. Both breed disease. While leeches are useful in medicine to research anticoagulants and maggots can be used to time stamp a corpse, neither is particularly useful to a living person as a curative measure. I am familiar with the use of leeches to counteract clots, but that carries its own aforementioned risks and is only a passable idea in areas without modern medical technology."

I thought maggots were a treatment for decaying flesh. Ophelia remarks.

Esprit15
2017-08-15, 11:02 AM
I thought maggots were a treatment for decaying flesh. Ophelia remarks.

"One specific species is, after being disinfected. The phrase 'maggots are used in medicine' is misleading, however, since it implies that any maggots will do. Prescision of language is important, after all."

Illven
2017-08-15, 01:54 PM
Oh wow, that is misleading. Ophelia commented.

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-15, 02:55 PM
[COLOR="#B22222"]"Because the four humours were eventually uncovered as pseudoscientific nonsense. Germ theory had a lot more evidence going for it, and as it turns out, the human body is quite competent at maintaining proper levels of blood. The only reason one should willingly drain blood from their body is to feed a friendly vampire, or to donate to a blood bank, that is to say, when helping others who are less well."

"Oh," Emma said with a frown, "Well, I guess it's a good thing I told my followers not to give me their blood then. Still, I always figured that there was some elemental balance that humans had to have that was keeping them from living in the ocean. I mean, all I need is in there, but you guys needed things like air and heat and caves to become what you are today."

Esprit15
2017-08-15, 03:31 PM
"The ocean impedes the salt balance in our bodies, as I have discussed with you before. It causes our kidneys to run backwards. Also, we would likely go hypothermic in all but the most tropical of waters. Seawater has a specific heat that is around four times that of air. However, it is about one thousand times as dense. This is why air at 2°C will be unpleasant, while water at 2°C will leave us hypothermic in minutes. Then there is the fact that approximately ten meters of water is another atmosphere of pressure on our bodies. No, we very much evolved to live at roughly sea level, on land, in relatively tropical climates."

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-16, 12:15 AM
"The ocean impedes the salt balance in our bodies, as I have discussed with you before. It causes our kidneys to run backwards. Also, we would likely go hypothermic in all but the most tropical of waters. Seawater has a specific heat that is around four times that of air. However, it is about one thousand times as dense. This is why air at 2°C will be unpleasant, while water at 2°C will leave us hypothermic in minutes. Then there is the fact that approximately ten meters of water is another atmosphere of pressure on our bodies. No, we very much evolved to live at roughly sea level, on land, in relatively tropical climates."

"So I'm right about the elemental balance then," Emma said, "Since you guys don't deal too well with any one extreme on your own."

Esprit15
2017-08-16, 12:19 AM
"Nope. Humans are quite easy to kill."

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-16, 02:09 PM
"Nope. Humans are quite easy to kill."

"Seems like it," Emma said with a frown, "And you don't even have any magic to protect you outside of sorcerers. No wonder so many gods want to take you under our wing. I can't even imagine how you would have survived for so long otherwise."

Esprit15
2017-08-16, 05:22 PM
"Seems like it," Emma said with a frown, "And you don't even have any magic to protect you outside of sorcerers. No wonder so many gods want to take you under our wing. I can't even imagine how you would have survived for so long otherwise."

Athena smiles a little. "Simple: We're also quite good at killing things, and tenacious compared to many other animals. Almost every invention that exists now was originally made to assist in killing other things or each other. Communications systems for the military, the numerous projectile weapons we've invented over the millennia.

No disrespect, but I'm sure that if gods didn't exist, we would be just as successful."

Illven
2017-08-18, 11:23 PM
Episode 5 scene 7

After a couple of minutes, Ophelia's teacher comes back up to you. With page after page of reports about the dangers of long term animation.

Hospitals studies, governmental studies, studies on sorcerers the works. Names and places you've never even heard of.

Allure =d6 Calm down Ophelia's teacher with soothing words. +2 VP with Ophelia.

Skill =d8 Point out that if this were true for Ophelia. With all her animation she'd have lost her soul ages ago. +3 VP with Ophelia.

Conflict =d8 Intimidate Ophelia's teacher into backing down. +3 VP with Ophelia.

Obviously everyone failing is bad.

Meriss
2017-08-22, 08:41 PM
Tachi clucks his tongue and reaches for one of the charts. "But these are all so old. And surely you must be scrying her aura in a regular basis. And poor Ophelia has never even heard of half of these people. Can't you make an exception? Please?" he bats his eyes and wiggles suggestively allowing everyone a good look at his well toned chest.

Allure: Strong Roll +1; Shameless +2; Temptation +2; Total: +5

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-22, 08:53 PM
Emma gave her best heavenly expression and said, "Please Mr.... um... uh... shoot, I never got our name. Um, but still, please sir, don't come down too hard on Ophelia. Even with all of those studies and charts and stuff, you have to remember that science is a liar... uh, sometimes," she adds quickly, looking at Athena, "That is to say, it is sometimes mistaken about magical matters. What if Ophelia is just special? Or the people who wrote those were mistaken, or not as smart as people think?"

Straight Allure, no mods since we're still in school.

Esprit15
2017-08-22, 09:39 PM
Athena continues her borderline rant from before, ripping apart the old man's argument with all the gentle love of a peer reviewer, if peer review were done exclusively by people who post in YouTube comments sections.
Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2), Foresight (Odd)

Zevox
2017-08-22, 11:54 PM
"Uh... but, Ophelia already said she doesn't feel less soul-y. And she's got so many of those dolls, how couldn't she if it worked like that?" Alice said, perplexed.

Weak Skill -1, Easily Forgiven auto-success.
Was trying to think of a more fun to fluff this, but I'm blanking, sorry...

2017-08-23, 09:15 PM
Samantha aids Athena's argument occasionally, looking up the studies the teacher had mentioned and finding flaws in their methods or bias in their observers on her phone, and interjecting when her more intelligent acquaintance paused for breath. Hopefully, between the two of them, he could be convinced that, if not that he was wrong, he had nothing to gain from continuing to argue.

Illven
2017-08-23, 09:50 PM
Emma gave her best heavenly expression and said, "Please Mr.... um... uh... shoot, I never got our name. Um, but still, please sir, don't come down too hard on Ophelia. Even with all of those studies and charts and stuff, you have to remember that science is a liar... uh, sometimes," she adds quickly, looking at Athena, "That is to say, it is sometimes mistaken about magical matters. What if Ophelia is just special? Or the people who wrote those were mistaken, or not as smart as people think?"

Straight Allure, no mods since we're still in school.

"Mr.Partan." He replies. "And science is no liar." He replies seeming annoyed with Sam.

Samantha aids Athena's argument occasionally, looking up the studies the teacher had mentioned and finding flaws in their methods or bias in their observers on her phone, and interjecting when her more intelligent acquaintance paused for breath. Hopefully, between the two of them, he could be convinced that, if not that he was wrong, he had nothing to gain from continuing to argue.

Unfortunately, Sam seemed to have not charged or phone or something, because it is definitely working slower then usual to the point of uselessness.

Tachi clucks his tongue and reaches for one of the charts. "But these are all so old. And surely you must be scrying her aura in a regular basis. And poor Ophelia has never even heard of half of these people. Can't you make an exception? Please?" he bats his eyes and wiggles suggestively allowing everyone a good look at his well toned chest.

Allure: Strong Roll +1; Shameless +2; Temptation +2; Total: +5

Mr.Partan steps back at Tachi's attempt to flirt with him again. "I'm not sure that's necessary, I mean..."

"Uh... but, Ophelia already said she doesn't feel less soul-y. And she's got so many of those dolls, how couldn't she if it worked like that?" Alice said, perplexed.

Weak Skill -1, Easily Forgiven auto-success.
Was trying to think of a more fun to fluff this, but I'm blanking, sorry...

"Many.... How many...." He replies backing away from Tachi.

A couple dozen.... Ophelia replies meekly.

He rubs his eyes at this.

Athena continues her borderline rant from before, ripping apart the old man's argument with all the gentle love of a peer reviewer, if peer review were done exclusively by people who post in YouTube comments sections.
Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2), Foresight (Odd)

But it is Athena's cursing and profanity that finally wears him down.

"Athena. To the main office."

To the rest of you he rubs his eyes again. "Very well. We will take a wait and see attitude. But come talk to me, before animating anything else, are we clear Ophelia."

Yes sir... She says still meek.

What do you all do?

Esprit15
2017-08-23, 11:49 PM
Athena glares daggers at the man. "Imbecil." However, she does as instructed.

Illven
2017-08-23, 11:50 PM
Athena glares daggers at the man. "Imbecil." However, she does as instructed.

When you get to the main office, the secretary looks confused. "Athena... What happened?"

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-24, 01:35 AM
"It is sometimes..." Emma pouted, crossing her arms over her chest, "Athena told me that people used to believe in elemental balance, but then stopped because science changed its mind and said otherwise. How do you explain that? Because either it was lying before or it's lying now."

Illven
2017-08-24, 01:41 AM
"It is sometimes..." Emma pouted, crossing her arms over her chest, "Athena told me that people used to believe in elemental balance, but then stopped because science changed its mind and said otherwise. How do you explain that? Because either it was lying before or it's lying now."

"Lying means it's attempting to deceive instead of just being mistaken." Mr.Partan replies.

Esprit15
2017-08-24, 02:05 AM
When you get to the main office, the secretary looks confused. "Athena... What happened?"

"Our teacher doesn't realize that the words like asinine, lobcock, and feckless are not profanity, while I was defending Ophelia's right to animate objects so long as it does not disrupt class," the girl says, simply.

After a moment, "He may also have been pushed over the edge by my calling him a 'deafeningly naïve ass who would not recognize a long since discredited piece of pseudoscientific bull*** if it slithered around him, grew limbs, and ****ed him,'" she says.

Yeah, it was one of those.

Illven
2017-08-24, 03:19 AM
"Our teacher doesn't realize that the words like asinine, lobcock, and feckless are not profanity, while I was defending Ophelia's right to animate objects so long as it does not disrupt class," the girl says, simply.

After a moment, "He may also have been pushed over the edge by my calling him a 'deafeningly naïve ass who would not recognize a long since discredited piece of pseudoscientific bull*** if it slithered around him, grew limbs, and ****ed him,'" she says.

Yeah, it was one of those.

"Ass is unfortunately considered a cuss word." The secretary replies with a wince.

Esprit15
2017-08-24, 09:44 AM
"Yes, and the idea of profanity baffles me. We can communicate the exact same sentiment with other language, yet somehow if I said git instead of ass, I would not be in this situation. It's irrational that one set of sounds is considered fine, yet a different set of sounds with the same meaning is somehow morally reprehensible."

Illven
2017-08-24, 01:46 PM
"Yes, and the idea of profanity baffles me. We can communicate the exact same sentiment with other language, yet somehow if I said git instead of ass, I would not be in this situation. It's irrational that one set of sounds is considered fine, yet a different set of sounds with the same meaning is somehow morally reprehensible."

"It's just the way it is." The secretary shrugs.

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-24, 05:36 PM
"Lying means it's attempting to deceive instead of just being mistaken." Mr.Partan replies.

"Oh, so it's the scientists that are lying, not science itself," Emma says.

Illven
2017-08-24, 06:08 PM
"Oh, so it's the scientists that are lying, not science itself," Emma says.

"The scientist would be mistaken as well."

Esprit15
2017-08-24, 08:26 PM
"It's just the way it is." The secretary shrugs.

"Yet you enforce irrational behavior, knowing that policing it does nothing to prepare students for adulthood. Adults hide their profanity from youths and youths the same from adults. It's nonsensical.

No matter. What's my punishment?"

Illven
2017-08-24, 10:16 PM
"Yet you enforce irrational behavior, knowing that policing it does nothing to prepare students for adulthood. Adults hide their profanity from youths and youths the same from adults. It's nonsensical.

No matter. What's my punishment?"

"If you cursed out your boss you'd probably lose your job. So in a sense that is preparing for adulthood." The secretary replies.

"First time offense. Two days detention." He replies making a note in your PERMANENT RECORD.

Esprit15
2017-08-24, 11:33 PM
"If you cursed out your boss you'd probably lose your job. So in a sense that is preparing for adulthood." The secretary replies.

"First time offense. Two days detention." He replies making a note in your PERMANENT RECORD.

"If I shouted at my boss without cursing, I would also be fired," Athena says with a scowl. Students made a big deal about the permanent record, but honestly, one's criminal history was more important to keep clean.

Illven
2017-08-24, 11:49 PM
"If I shouted at my boss without cursing, I would also be fired," Athena says with a scowl. Students made a big deal about the permanent record, but honestly, one's criminal history was more important to keep clean.

"That is true. Although a teacher could send you to the main office for screaming at them." The secretary replies.

Esprit15
2017-08-25, 12:25 AM
"That is true. Although a teacher could send you to the main office for screaming at them." The secretary replies.

"Wow. It is as though profanity does not matter, and its stigma is pointless."

Illven
2017-08-25, 12:36 AM
"Wow. It is as though profanity does not matter, and its stigma is pointless."

"Okay, okay point." The secretary relents.

Meriss
2017-08-25, 06:26 AM
Mr.Partan steps back at Tachi's attempt to flirt with him again. "I'm not sure that's necessary, I mean..."

"Many.... How many...." He replies backing away from Tachi.

A couple dozen.... Ophelia replies meekly.

He rubs his eyes at this.

To the rest of you he rubs his eyes again. "Very well. We will take a wait and see attitude. But come talk to me, before animating anything else, are we clear Ophelia."

Yes sir... She says still meek.

What do you all do?

Tachi claps his hands giddily and embraces Ophelia. He nuzzles her cheek affectionately. "Wonderful! Now I want you to listen to dear Mr Partan. We don't want you to lose any of your delightful soul."

The incubus pauses. "Wait, are you saying you don't scry on any of your students auras? Am I the only one being scried on? I can't decide if that's unbelievably racist or super creepy or totally kinky."

Ophelia feels a tremor go through the incubus. Is that fear or lust?

Illven
2017-08-25, 01:50 PM
Tachi claps his hands giddily and embraces Ophelia. He nuzzles her cheek affectionately. "Wonderful! Now I want you to listen to dear Mr Partan. We don't want you to lose any of your delightful soul."

The incubus pauses. "Wait, are you saying you don't scry on any of your students auras? Am I the only one being scried on? I can't decide if that's unbelievably racist or super creepy or totally kinky."

Ophelia feels a tremor go through the incubus. Is that fear or lust?

"That would be improper and mana intensive." Mr.Partan replies.

Are you okay, Tachi? Ophelia remarks.

Esprit15
2017-08-25, 03:37 PM
"Okay, okay point." The secretary relents.

Athena takes internal pleasure at pushing the secretary to personally relent. "Will there be anything else?"

Meriss
2017-08-25, 07:31 PM
"That would be improper and mana intensive." Mr.Partan replies.

Are you okay, Tachi? Ophelia remarks.

The incubus nods. "I'm fine darling, just fine."

He turns his head back to the Sorcery teacher. "So then. Would there be a mystical reason to have my chaos field examined every other month?"

The TechnoGnome
2017-08-25, 08:38 PM
"The scientist would be mistaken as well."

"But what about scientists working for Big Oil?" Emma said, "They'll say anything to keep polluting the oceans with... oil."

Illven
2017-08-25, 11:51 PM
The incubus nods. "I'm fine darling, just fine."

He turns his head back to the Sorcery teacher. "So then. Would there be a mystical reason to have my chaos field examined every other month?"

"Not any that I can think of. Although demons can easily defy classical categorization."

"But what about scientists working for Big Oil?" Emma said, "They'll say anything to keep polluting the oceans with... oil."

"There's very very few of those." Mr.Partan replies.

Illven
2017-08-28, 11:24 PM
Episode 5 Scene 8

Ophelia has decided to invite you all over, for a pizza party.

But you have to wait for Athena's detention to be served!

How are you going to pass the time as most of you lurk outside the hall, and Athena in the classroom.

Allure =d5 Tell a witty story. +1 VP with Ophelia.

Skill =d8 You are going to get so much schoolwork done! +3 VP with Ophelia.

Conflict =d7 The vending machine. You're going to lift it into giving you food. +2 VP with Ophelia.

Luck =d5 Have something interesting happen. +1 VP with Ophelia.

Meriss
2017-09-01, 12:37 PM
Tachi loafs like a champion. He stretches languidly revealing his well toned chest. "Ophelia darling, did I ever tell you about the time I met J Randolph Hearst? The fellow who built Hearst Castle?"

Allure: Strong Roll; Shameless +2; Successful Temptation: +1; Total +4

Esprit15
2017-09-02, 05:59 AM
Athena focuses on her schoolwork. It wasn't in its own right difficult, but simply boring.

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-02, 08:27 PM
"Ugh, this is so booooooooring!" Emma groaned, leaning her head back in her wheelchair mobile throne, "What are they even doing in there? I can't hear anything. Do you think it's just as boring in there?"

Strong Luck (+1), +1 total.

2017-09-02, 09:25 PM
Sam doesn't waste her time merely waiting around for Athena, taking the opportunity to get some homework knocked out.

Skill. Strong Roll 1+Honor Student 2=+3

Zevox
2017-09-03, 12:22 AM
Alice headed through the halls of the school, late for meeting the others. Why spend her time just standing around outside the detention room, after all? She'd had a short little date with Julia instead.

And it was probably the fact that she was still thinking about that, rather than watching where she was going, that caused her latest accident, as she tripped on something as she was approaching Ophelia and the others...

Illven
2017-09-03, 01:10 AM
Sam doesn't waste her time merely waiting around for Athena, taking the opportunity to get some homework knocked out.

Skill. Strong Roll 1+Honor Student 2=+3

Unfortunately, for whatever reason. Discomfort, the distraction Ophelia provides. Sam doesn't seem to make much if any progress at her homework. What does she do?

"Ugh, this is so booooooooring!" Emma groaned, leaning her head back in her wheelchair mobile throne, "What are they even doing in there? I can't hear anything. Do you think it's just as boring in there?"

Strong Luck (+1), +1 total.

"I would imagine so, Emerald Maiden." Natalie replies. "It is supposed to be a punishment." She points out.

Tachi loafs like a champion. He stretches languidly revealing his well toned chest. "Ophelia darling, did I ever tell you about the time I met J Randolph Hearst? The fellow who built Hearst Castle?"

Allure: Strong Roll; Shameless +2; Successful Temptation: +1; Total +4

Who.. who built what? Ophelia commented, blushing as her gaze dropped to Tachi's chest.

Athena focuses on her schoolwork. It wasn't in its own right difficult, but simply boring.

Athena gets through her homework without delay, ignores the stares of kids more used to detention wondering what the school brainiac was doing here and leaves out the door, to see the group, and see below.

Alice headed through the halls of the school, late for meeting the others. Why spend her time just standing around outside the detention room, after all? She'd had a short little date with Julia instead.

And it was probably the fact that she was still thinking about that, rather than watching where she was going, that caused her latest accident, as she tripped on something as she was approaching Ophelia and the others...

Unfortunately, or fortunately, you trip right in front of Ophelia. The stunned girl embraces you in a attempt to support you, as her head accidentally gets nudged into your chest.

Um... um... wow. She remarks blushing so hard you can feel the heat off her cheeks.

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-03, 02:59 AM
"I would imagine so, Emerald Maiden." Natalie replies. "It is supposed to be a punishment." She points out.

"Yeah, but for her, not us!" Emma moans.

She looks up just in time to see Alice stumble, and breaks out into a smile, "See, that's interesting! I wish something like that happened ten minutes ago!"

Illven
2017-09-03, 03:09 AM

She looks up just in time to see Alice stumble, and breaks out into a smile, "See, that's interesting! I wish something like that happened ten minutes ago!"

"That is so lewd." Natalie commented to Alice.

Esprit15
2017-09-03, 07:59 AM

"I simply wish that I were Alice right now..." Athena says absentmindedly, before realizing what she just said, turning slightly pink. "Um, apologies for being late. Thank you for waiting for me..." she says sheepishly.

Illven
2017-09-03, 11:34 AM
"I simply wish that I were Alice right now..." Athena says absentmindedly, before realizing what she just said, turning slightly pink. "Um, apologies for being late. Thank you for waiting for me..." she says sheepishly.

No problem. Ophelia replies only seeming to hear the second part of Athena's statement, and sounding muffled from Alice's chest.

Zevox
2017-09-03, 01:16 PM
Unfortunately, or fortunately, you trip right in front of Ophelia. The stunned girl embraces you in a attempt to support you, as her head accidentally gets nudged into your chest.

Um... um... wow. She remarks blushing so hard you can feel the heat off her cheeks.
Alice blinks, momentarily stunned, then lets out an almost maniacal stream of giggling laughter. "Wow, never had that work out that way before!" she said cheerily. "Comfy?" she asked Ophelia teasingly.

Alice grinned and glanced over at Athena, genuinely surprised. "Ooo, so miss bookworm does have a naughty side, huh?" she teased.

Esprit15
2017-09-03, 02:38 PM
"I- I don't know what you are referring to..." the girl says, actually somewhat mortified that someone caught her errant thoughts. "I... simply was referring to not being in detention."

Illven
2017-09-03, 04:56 PM
Alice blinks, momentarily stunned, then lets out an almost maniacal stream of giggling laughter. "Wow, never had that work out that way before!" she said cheerily. "Comfy?" she asked Ophelia teasingly.

Alice grinned and glanced over at Athena, genuinely surprised. "Ooo, so miss bookworm does have a naughty side, huh?" she teased.

Ophelia giggles back as Alice's laughter causes her chest to jiggle. Very. She admits slowly edging out of Alice's chest.

"I- I don't know what you are referring to..." the girl says, actually somewhat mortified that someone caught her errant thoughts. "I... simply was referring to not being in detention."

Hmm? What'd I miss? Ophelia replies.

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-03, 05:46 PM

"Well that's what friends do, right?" Emma said, before more seriously asking, "...Right?"

Hmm? What'd I miss? Ophelia replies.

"Just Athena wishing she were Alice right now," Emma said bluntly, "Probably because Alice was the only one of us not waiting around the detention hall."

Illven
2017-09-03, 05:52 PM
"Well that's what friends do, right?" Emma said, before more seriously asking, "...Right?"

"Just Athena wishing she were Alice right now," Emma said bluntly, "Probably because Alice was the only one of us not waiting around the detention hall."

I'm sorry if you didn't want to stay.... Ophelia pouted.

Zevox
2017-09-03, 06:20 PM
"But you weren't in detention when you said it," Alice responded, smirking.

Ophelia giggles back as Alice's laughter causes her chest to jiggle. Very. She admits slowly edging out of Alice's chest.
"Me too," Alice remarked as her laughter subsided. "I've never been accidentally motorboated before, but you're welcome to do it anytime," she added with a wink.

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-03, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry if you didn't want to stay.... Ophelia pouted.

"I'm not saying I didn't!" Emma said defensively, "I want to be a good friend."

Illven
2017-09-03, 09:29 PM
"But you weren't in detention when you said it," Alice responded, smirking.

"Me too," Alice remarked as her laughter subsided. "I've never been accidentally motorboated before, but you're welcome to do it anytime," she added with a wink.

Well then maybe another happy accident will occur. Ophelia said giddily.

"I'm not saying I didn't!" Emma said defensively, "I want to be a good friend."

Oh I'm sorry, I must have mis understood. Ophelia remarked.

Esprit15
2017-09-03, 09:55 PM
"It was... contextual. The context suggested it. Anyways! What are we doing?"

Illven
2017-09-03, 10:02 PM

I'm not entirely sure. Any ideas? Ophelia asked. Oh right, pizza party! She replied blushing from the temp hit of memory loss.

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-04, 09:00 PM
"Pizza!" Emma cheered.

Illven
2017-09-04, 10:36 PM
"Pizza!" Emma cheered.

Got any preferences for toppings? Ophelia remarks.

Meriss
2017-09-05, 12:35 PM
Who.. who built what? Ophelia commented, blushing as her gaze dropped to Tachi's chest.

Tachi smiles. Gotcha! "Hearst Castle. That big fancy house outside San Francisco. I met the fellow who built it once. And let me tell you."

Tachi laughs merrily as Alice and Ophelia end up in a rather endearing cuddle puddle.

"That is so lewd." Natalie commented to Alice.
"Funny and cute though."

Tachi regards Alice and Ophelia. "I suppose everyone has a first time for everything."

His voice drops about half an octave as he winks suggestively at the girls.

Got any preferences for toppings? Ophelia remarks.
Tachi smiles and nods. "Well darling, you can't go wrong with the classics. Pepperoni and mushrooms. Although have you two." He points to Ophelia and Emma. "Ever tried anchovies? I hear merfolk love anchovies."

Illven
2017-09-05, 05:16 PM
Tachi smiles. Gotcha! "Hearst Castle. That big fancy house outside San Francisco. I met the fellow who built it once. And let me tell you."

Tachi laughs merrily as Alice and Ophelia end up in a rather endearing cuddle puddle.

"Funny and cute though."

Tachi regards Alice and Ophelia. "I suppose everyone has a first time for everything."

Tachi smiles and nods. "Well darling, you can't go wrong with the classics. Pepperoni and mushrooms. Although have you two." He points to Ophelia and Emma. "Ever tried anchovies? I hear merfolk love anchovies."

I don't know if I have. Ophelia pointed out.

Zevox
2017-09-05, 10:40 PM
Well then maybe another happy accident will occur. Ophelia said giddily.
"Maybe," Alice agreed with a wink and a grin. That remark was very encouraging to her - Ophelia was definitely coming out of her shell after that!

"Suuure it was," Alice said, clearly not believing it. But her look, while smug and self-satisfied, carried a good deal more interest in Athena than she'd ever shown before.

Alice giggled, looking the Incubus over eagerly. "Oh yeah, at some point," she agreed with a wink of her own.

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-05, 10:44 PM

"I have! And they are my favorite!" Emma said excitedly, "I thought we went out for pizza before though."

Esprit15
2017-09-05, 10:46 PM
Athena is too busy being embarrassed and red faced to notice Alice's look. "Pizza would be nice," she says, glad the conversation had drifted. "I've heard that anchovies are a famously divisive topping, but have never tried them. I'd be willing to try them once."

Illven
2017-09-05, 11:51 PM
"I have! And they are my favorite!" Emma said excitedly, "I thought we went out for pizza before though."

Well now we'll be having it at my house. Ophelia replied.

Athena is too busy being embarrassed and red faced to notice Alice's look. "Pizza would be nice," she says, glad the conversation had drifted. "I've heard that anchovies are a famously divisive topping, but have never tried them. I'd be willing to try them once."

We'll get a pie with it. Ophelia added.

Esprit15
2017-09-06, 12:31 AM
"Good idea, for those that dislike the anchovies."

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-06, 12:42 AM
Well now we'll be having it at my house. Ophelia replied.

"All right!" Emma cheered, "Thanks Ophelia!"

"Trust me, they're really good!" Emma said, "You'll love them, I'm sure of it!"

Illven
2017-09-06, 11:57 AM
"Good idea, for those that dislike the anchovies."

Thanks. Ophelia said brightly.

"All right!" Emma cheered, "Thanks Ophelia!"

"Trust me, they're really good!" Emma said, "You'll love them, I'm sure of it!"

Are you sure? Ophelia questions

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-06, 06:27 PM
Are you sure? Ophelia questions

"I just said I was," Emma said as if she was stating the obvious, "And I should know, since I'm the one who's had anchovies before."

Illven
2017-09-06, 08:27 PM
"I just said I was," Emma said as if she was stating the obvious, "And I should know, since I'm the one who's had anchovies before."

I suppose by now, you would know my tastes. Ophelia agrees.

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-06, 10:45 PM
I suppose by now, you would know my tastes. Ophelia agrees.

"Yeah, I better!" Emma agrees with a laugh.

Meriss
2017-09-07, 12:34 PM
I don't know if I have. Ophelia pointed out.
Tachi nods knowingly. "I meant recently. I can't be with you all the time. That would be super lewd."

Alice giggled, looking the Incubus over eagerly. "Oh yeah, at some point," she agreed with a wink of her own.
Tachi just nodded and smiled cryptically.

The incubus smiles again. "That was an obvious reaction. You are careful though? According to some sources merfolk also find them addictive."

Tachi barks a laugh. "Divisive? Anchovies are the only thing I've ever seen angels argue over."

Illven
2017-09-07, 01:52 PM
Tachi nods knowingly. "I meant recently. I can't be with you all the time. That would be super lewd."

Tachi just nodded and smiled cryptically.

The incubus smiles again. "That was an obvious reaction. You are careful though? According to some sources merfolk also find them addictive."

Tachi barks a laugh. "Divisive? Anchovies are the only thing I've ever seen angels argue over."

Wait, really, addictive? Ophelia remarks.

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-07, 09:56 PM

"Oh come on, that's just ridiculous," Emma said with a laugh, "That can't be true, right? ...Right?"

Meriss
2017-09-07, 10:35 PM

Tachi shrugs. "As addictive as chocolate or coffee, maybe cola? This is strictly hearsay though. I've never actually known a merfolk long enough before."

Illven
2017-09-08, 08:51 AM
Tachi shrugs. "As addictive as chocolate or coffee, maybe cola? This is strictly hearsay though. I've never actually known a merfolk long enough before."

We could probably google it. Ophelia comments.

Meriss
2017-09-09, 12:23 PM
We could probably google it. Ophelia comments.

Tachi scratches his head. "I suppose. But would that be something people would talk about? I never really talked about my drinking."

Illven
2017-09-09, 12:31 PM
Episode 5 scene 9

Following Ophelia home it is clear that she never remembers ordering a pizza before.

How are you going to do guide her into doing it properly for the first time.

Allure =d7 Guide her gently through the ordering process. +2 VP with Ophelia.

Skill =d6 Guide her sternly through the ordering process. +1 VP with Ophelia.

Conflict =d9 Intimidate the people over the phone into making the order flawless. +3 VP with Ophelia.

Luck =d9 Know a person over there. +3 VP with Ophelia.

Should no one succeed on the roll. Episode ends early.

Esprit15
2017-09-09, 01:58 PM
"Its not complicated, Ophelia," Athena begins, before coaching the girl through the simple task. "They are going to go down a really basic list of things. Just answer the questions they have, and you'll be fine. If they ask for what you want, first list the quantity of each size of pizza, then list the type. This will be easy, since we are not ordering different sizes. They'll likely ask you whether you would like anything else with that. This is if you want to get something to drink, as well as some other menu items they may carry. We do not. After that, they'll recount the order to you to make sure it is correct. The last thing will be to give them your address, so that the delivery driver knows where to go.

Follow it like a normal conversation, and you'll be fine."
Allure

Non-Sequitter (-1), Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2)

Meriss
2017-09-11, 01:34 PM
Tachi shakes his head at Athena's tone. He unbuttons his shirt to get Ophelia's attention.
"Really darling, it's just pizza not surgery. We're five people, so get two mediums. One with pepperoni and mushrooms, one with pepperoni, mushrooms and anchovies. Don't forget about the drinks. Get two six packs of Coke, that's it really."

He shrugs letting the girls see the play of his muscles.

Allure: Strong Roll; Shameless: +2; Total: 2
+1 if Soldier of Sin activates.

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-11, 08:55 PM
"Okay, so, first thing you do is find out if anyone there is a follower of mine. If so, we get free pizza! Well, not free free, someone pays for it. Not sure who, I just know it's not me. Anyway, if that is the case, just tell them to get Emma's usual and you're done! Otherwise, do what Athena said. Or Taichi I guess, if Athena's instructions are too complicated for you. Which to be fair, she has a way of doing. But yeah, that's about it."

Strong Luck (+1), Fortune Talisman (+2, Taichi), +3 total

Also activating Shadow out of Time to cause a reroll for everyone but me.

2017-09-12, 06:35 PM
Samantha did her best to be more soothing than Athena was, but wasn't feeling her best right now, unfortunately, and was a bit harsher than she intended. Fortunately, she had Grace to help with keeping things calm. Samantha agreed to pay for things to make up for her short temper.

Skill. Strong 1+School Queen 2=+3. Graceful and Dazzling Display.

Zevox
2017-09-12, 07:06 PM
"Oh, you shouldn't need to worry about anything Ophelia. Sarah will probably the one taking your order, and she's super nice. And she might even remember you from last time we were there, if you mention you were with me," she added. Sarah, of course, was the girl Alice had first met when she walked in on her making out with her friend Tina during a fire drill, and who turned out to have a job at the pizza place. After the accident Alice had caused last time they were there she'd been moved from waiting tables to the register and phones, and Alice was pretty sure she was at work tonight, if she remembered what Tina had told her right.

Strong Luck +1, Accident-Prone +2, Peeping Tom +2 = +5 total.

Illven
2017-09-12, 09:39 PM
Tachi shakes his head at Athena's tone. He unbuttons his shirt to get Ophelia's attention.
"Really darling, it's just pizza not surgery. We're five people, so get two mediums. One with pepperoni and mushrooms, one with pepperoni, mushrooms and anchovies. Don't forget about the drinks. Get two six packs of Coke, that's it really."

He shrugs letting the girls see the play of his muscles.

Allure: Strong Roll; Shameless: +2; Total: 2

Tachi. Not now. Ophelia snaps holding her hand over the phone cuff so that her words don't carry.

"Oh, you shouldn't need to worry about anything Ophelia. Sarah will probably the one taking your order, and she's super nice. And she might even remember you from last time we were there, if you mention you were with me," she added. Sarah, of course, was the girl Alice had first met when she walked in on her making out with her friend Tina during a fire drill, and who turned out to have a job at the pizza place. After the accident Alice had caused last time they were there she'd been moved from waiting tables to the register and phones, and Alice was pretty sure she was at work tonight, if she remembered what Tina had told her right.

Strong Luck +1, Accident-Prone +2, Peeping Tom +2 = +5 total.

It's a man's voice not Sarah so uh I don't know. Ophelia remarks starting to get nervous.

"Okay, so, first thing you do is find out if anyone there is a follower of mine. If so, we get free pizza! Well, not free free, someone pays for it. Not sure who, I just know it's not me. Anyway, if that is the case, just tell them to get Emma's usual and you're done! Otherwise, do what Athena said. Or Taichi I guess, if Athena's instructions are too complicated for you. Which to be fair, she has a way of doing. But yeah, that's about it."

Strong Luck (+1), Fortune Talisman (+2, Taichi), +3 total

Also activating Shadow out of Time to cause a reroll for everyone but me.

Uh. Are you a follower of the emerald maiden? Ophelia replied. It's uh my friend. No this isn't a joke.

"Its not complicated, Ophelia," Athena begins, before coaching the girl through the simple task. "They are going to go down a really basic list of things. Just answer the questions they have, and you'll be fine. If they ask for what you want, first list the quantity of each size of pizza, then list the type. This will be easy, since we are not ordering different sizes. They'll likely ask you whether you would like anything else with that. This is if you want to get something to drink, as well as some other menu items they may carry. We do not. After that, they'll recount the order to you to make sure it is correct. The last thing will be to give them your address, so that the delivery driver knows where to go.

Follow it like a normal conversation, and you'll be fine."
Allure

Non-Sequitter (-1), Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2)

But what about Emma's follower thing Uh. Ophelia comments.

Samantha did her best to be more soothing than Athena was, but wasn't feeling her best right now, unfortunately, and was a bit harsher than she intended. Fortunately, she had Grace to help with keeping things calm. Samantha agreed to pay for things to make up for her short temper.

Skill. Strong 1+School Queen 2=+3. Graceful and Dazzling Display.

Thankfully Mike. Overhears you on the other end. It's not long before he asks Ophelia to put you on, and it swiftly turns into you and him fixing the problem.

Sorry guys. Ophelia comments with a wince.

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-13, 12:53 PM
"I knew Tachi and Athena's explanations were too confusing," Emma said with a pout.

Illven
2017-09-13, 09:20 PM
"I knew Tachi and Athena's explanations were too confusing," Emma said with a pout.

Yeah, I was trying to follow but I got too hasty... Ophelia replied.

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-13, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I was trying to follow but I got too hasty... Ophelia replied.

"It's okay, it happens to the best of us," Emma said, patting Ophelia on the shoulder consolingly.

Illven
2017-09-13, 11:35 PM
"It's okay, it happens to the best of us," Emma said, patting Ophelia on the shoulder consolingly.

Sorry again, guys. Ophelia replied sadly.

Illven
2017-09-18, 12:13 AM
Episode 5 Scene 10.

It's pizza party time. How are you going to pull out all the stops and leave this a night to remember.

Use your choice of roll to make the party amazing. +3 VP with Ophelia. Ties give both ties VP.

Esprit15
2017-09-21, 03:03 AM
Athena, while not fully prepared for the party, has still done a reasonable amount of research on "normal" activities for Ophelia to learn about, which certainly included those for parties of friends. Apparently staying up late was a common, general activity, which while a nuisance for her normally well maintained sleep schedule, did make it easier for her to not nix certain, less important activities. Aside from classic party games like Twister, Athena suggests that around midnight the girls take a walk down to the store. Apparently, the point of this activity was to encourage general conversation among the group, as well as serve as a chance to refill on various snacks that may have run out over the course of the evening.
Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2), Contingency Plan

2017-09-21, 06:48 PM
Samantha, wanting to make things special for Ophelia after the rocky start, got to work once the party was underway. She put her social skills to work putting forth games and activities that would appeal to enough of the guests without boring the rest, reading the room to know when another activity would become necessary, fetching the pizza unobtrusively once it arrived. Having her friends help her keep on top of things all the while made it a bit easier.

Skill. Strong roll 1+Honor Student 2+School Queen 2=+5. Graceful auto-9.

The TechnoGnome
2017-09-21, 11:23 PM
"So how do you like the anchovies on your pizza?" Emma asked as she wolfed down another piece of pizza herself, "Good, right?"

Meriss
2017-09-22, 06:57 AM
Tachi allows his now open shirt to become an invitation to an impromptu Chippendale's show. Although the incubus is not as well muscled as some of the boys at school or on stage, he knows how to use every movement of his body to tease and entice.

Allure: Strong Roll: +1; Shameless: +2; Total: 3

Zevox
2017-09-22, 06:00 PM
Alice approached Ophelia, still wearing the short skirt and tied-off shirt she'd worn to school that day, though since leaving school she'd taken the opportunity to tie the shirt off higher, such that it now covered little more than her bust. But since that alone didn't seem to get her Ophelia's attention, she brushed her fingers along her friend's arm playfully. "Hey, I know a great game we could have play," she said coyly, before leaning up to her to say more quietly, "Spin the bottle's always a lot of fun."

Allure, +2 Shameless, +1 Touchy-Feely = +3 total.
Yeah, can't figure out a way to make Peeping Tom work on a luck roll in this circumstance.

Illven
2017-10-04, 10:47 PM
Alice approached Ophelia, still wearing the short skirt and tied-off shirt she'd worn to school that day, though since leaving school she'd taken the opportunity to tie the shirt off higher, such that it now covered little more than her bust. But since that alone didn't seem to get her Ophelia's attention, she brushed her fingers along her friend's arm playfully. "Hey, I know a great game we could have play," she said coyly, before leaning up to her to say more quietly, "Spin the bottle's always a lot of fun."

Allure, +2 Shameless, +1 Touchy-Feely = +3 total.
Yeah, can't figure out a way to make Peeping Tom work on a luck roll in this circumstance.

Ophelia grins. Feeling lucky I'm guessing. She teased with a grin.

You know... I think I have enough of my memories back to say.. I've been lucky in my entire life, you know kinda like you.

Wait... What is Tachi doing? She comments.

Zevox
2017-10-05, 12:00 AM

You know... I think I have enough of my memories back to say.. I've been lucky in my entire life, you know kinda like you.

"With this group it'd be hard not to," Alice answered back with her own grin. "And that's pretty cool! I can totally believe it, too - you're hot, a sorceress, make friends super easy and are totally popular at school, you're family's pretty well-off. If it weren't for the amnesia thing, you'd have like, the perfect life."

At Ophelia's other comment, Alice looks over at Tachi, and her grin only broadens. "Being an Incubus," she answers Ophelia, then wolf-whistles at the demon.

Esprit15
2017-10-05, 12:20 AM

"His usual mating display," Athena monotones.

Meriss
2017-10-05, 10:35 AM
"With this group it'd be hard not to," Alice answered back with her own grin. "And that's pretty cool! I can totally believe it, too - you're hot, a sorceress, make friends super easy and are totally popular at school, you're family's pretty well-off. If it weren't for the amnesia thing, you'd have like, the perfect life."

At Ophelia's other comment, Alice looks over at Tachi, and her grin only broadens. "Being an Incubus," she answers Ophelia, then wolf-whistles at the demon.
Tachi smiles and shakes his tail in Alice's direction. Which has the delightful side of letting Alice watch his rump shake also.

Tachi blows Athena and Ophelia a kiss.

Illven
2017-10-05, 10:59 AM

See below post.

Do you think that's ever worked? Ophelia remarks.

Esprit15
2017-10-05, 11:21 AM
"Maybe in a different life, but not this one."

Illven
2017-10-05, 12:31 PM
"Maybe in a different life, but not this one."

Probably too young, true. Ophelia agrees.

Illven
2017-10-09, 02:58 PM
Episode 6 Scene 1

Hey um... guys.... Does anyone know how to disarm traps... Or something. My locker's been tampered with. Is how Ophelia starts the day.

It is not the best day.

Like, you can just see when you look in the vents wires and stuff behind the door.

What do you do?

Skill =Disarm the traps carefully. +3 VP.

Conflict =Eat the traps. +3 VP.

Luck =Oh huh... Someone didn't set it right.... +3 VP.

The TechnoGnome
2017-10-12, 07:12 PM
"Really? A booby trap?" Emma said, wheeling herself over to the locker, "Don't worry, I'm pretty tough. Whatever's in there, I'll get rid of it."

Emma then rolled her eyes to the back of her head, opened her mouth much wider than should be physically possible, and attempted to engulf whatever was in there with her gaping maw.

Conflict, no mods. But with a descriptor like that, how could I pass it up? :smalltongue:

Esprit15
2017-10-12, 11:56 PM
"Um... is that entirely necessary...?" Athena asks, a look of concern on her face as she attempts to mentally recreate the trap when the attempt to eat part of Sophia's locker inevitably fails. Wires imply electronics, which could easily be shorted. However, it was also quite likely that the power was relatively low voltage and amperage. The girl pulls out a pair of scissors. "If you let me, Emma, I might be able to disable the trap without causing the possible destruction of Ophelia's belongings."

2017-10-13, 08:17 PM
Samantha peered into the locker as best she could through the slats. "It's probably not that dangerous...probably...and is likely just to make a mess of whoever's standing directly in front of the locker, so why not just open it without being in front of it? That would almost certainly deal with whatever trap is here, unless it's a great deal more clever than your typical school shenanigans..." she says, reaching out to gently push the others aside and do just that.

Skill. Strong roll 1+Honor Student (logical conclusion) 2=+3. Triggering the trap harmlessly seems close enough to disarming it, assuming it's harmless...

anyway, short of calling in a bomb squad or something, I don't think getting help from students/teachers would be very helpful for this plan, so not getting any other bonuses beyond the obvious ones.

Zevox
2017-10-13, 11:10 PM
Alice walked through the halls that morning with Julia, chatting with her best friend about all the usual things. She hadn't even noticed Ophelia's situation with the locker as the got near it - nor would she, as something else drew her attention: her friend Tina, actually walking and talking with Sarah. She knew the two had been seeing each other for a while now, but Sarah was seriously closeted and Tina was very not, so they'd never really openly associated at school before so Sarah could keep her secret.

This shocked Alice so much that she backed away from it instinctively - and managed to trip on Julia's legs in the process, sending both of them careening into Ophelia's locker. "Owww..."

Meriss
2017-10-14, 06:40 AM
Tachi peeks through the vent. "Now what sort of dirty rotten scoundrel would do such a thing. Hang on, girls. I think I got this."

The incubus sets to working around Emma. Blissfully unaware that a disaster is brewing right behind him.

Luck: Straight roll; Total: 0

Illven
2017-10-15, 12:03 AM
"Really? A booby trap?" Emma said, wheeling herself over to the locker, "Don't worry, I'm pretty tough. Whatever's in there, I'll get rid of it."

Emma then rolled her eyes to the back of her head, opened her mouth much wider than should be physically possible, and attempted to engulf whatever was in there with her gaping maw.

Conflict, no mods. But with a descriptor like that, how could I pass it up? :smalltongue:

Emma ends up with her mouth over the other locker doors, but not acutally able to enter Ophelia's locker.

Are... Are you going to be okay?

Tachi peeks through the vent. "Now what sort of dirty rotten scoundrel would do such a thing. Hang on, girls. I think I got this."

The incubus sets to working around Emma. Blissfully unaware that a disaster is brewing right behind him.

Luck: Straight roll; Total: 0

Alas there was no disaster, but not because of Tachi.

"Um... is that entirely necessary...?" Athena asks, a look of concern on her face as she attempts to mentally recreate the trap when the attempt to eat part of Sophia's locker inevitably fails. Wires imply electronics, which could easily be shorted. However, it was also quite likely that the power was relatively low voltage and amperage. The girl pulls out a pair of scissors. "If you let me, Emma, I might be able to disable the trap without causing the possible destruction of Ophelia's belongings."

Are you sure this is a good idea, I mean what if something goes wrong. Ophelia starts

Samantha peered into the locker as best she could through the slats. "It's probably not that dangerous...probably...and is likely just to make a mess of whoever's standing directly in front of the locker, so why not just open it without being in front of it? That would almost certainly deal with whatever trap is here, unless it's a great deal more clever than your typical school shenanigans..." she says, reaching out to gently push the others aside and do just that.

Skill. Strong roll 1+Honor Student (logical conclusion) 2=+3. Triggering the trap harmlessly seems close enough to disarming it, assuming it's harmless...

anyway, short of calling in a bomb squad or something, I don't think getting help from students/teachers would be very helpful for this plan, so not getting any other bonuses beyond the obvious ones.

And as Sam moves next to the locker.

Alice walked through the halls that morning with Julia, chatting with her best friend about all the usual things. She hadn't even noticed Ophelia's situation with the locker as the got near it - nor would she, as something else drew her attention: her friend Tina, actually walking and talking with Sarah. She knew the two had been seeing each other for a while now, but Sarah was seriously closeted and Tina was very not, so they'd never really openly associated at school before so Sarah could keep her secret.

This shocked Alice so much that she backed away from it instinctively - and managed to trip on Julia's legs in the process, sending both of them careening into Ophelia's locker. "Owww..."

The locker pops up, apparently whoever set the trap forgot to close the locker. No closing, means the trap was never primed.

Huh. That went better then expected. You okay? Ophelia commented.

The TechnoGnome
2017-10-15, 12:57 AM
"Urm fhurrgh," Emma mutters, her mouth stuck on the locker door like a leech. After a couple seconds of tugging, she manages to pull off of it with a loud wet 'pop', leaving behind several sharp teeth marks. Her jaw shrinks back down to its normal size and rehinges itself, and she moves it around experimentally a little bit before saying, "Sorry, guess my aim was off. I'm used to doing that to bigger targets. And ones I can pick out the scent of."

Illven
2017-10-15, 01:48 AM
"Urm fhurrgh," Emma mutters, her mouth stuck on the locker door like a leech. After a couple seconds of tugging, she manages to pull off of it with a loud wet 'pop', leaving behind several sharp teeth marks. Her jaw shrinks back down to its normal size and rehinges itself, and she moves it around experimentally a little bit before saying, "Sorry, guess my aim was off. I'm used to doing that to bigger targets. And ones I can pick out the scent of."

How big in question? Ophelia remarks thinking of some giant squids bigger then Emma.

The TechnoGnome
2017-10-15, 02:20 AM
How big in question? Ophelia remarks thinking of some giant squids bigger then Emma.

"About the size of a usual live offering," Emma said, "So pigs, sheeps, goats... probably the biggest thing I've ever eaten was a shark, but that's pretty rare. I don't usually mes with them unless they try to attack me first."

Illven
2017-10-15, 03:43 AM
"About the size of a usual live offering," Emma said, "So pigs, sheeps, goats... probably the biggest thing I've ever eaten was a shark, but that's pretty rare. I don't usually mes with them unless they try to attack me first."

A... A shark? Ophelia questioned.

Esprit15
2017-10-15, 05:25 AM
Right... Emma was not even close to human... "What species, specifically..."

The TechnoGnome
2017-10-15, 07:27 AM
A... A shark? Ophelia questioned.

Right... Emma was not even close to human... "What species, specifically..."

"It happened pretty fast, and I didn't get the best look before I swallowed it, so I can't say for sure," Emma admits, "It was about my size, possibly even a bit bigger. It definitely wasn't a great white. I want to say it was an oceanic whitetip, but we're a little far north for them. It could have also been a juvenile tiger shark. I'd know for sure if I had a chance to taste it again."

Zevox
2017-10-15, 11:52 AM
The locker pops up, apparently whoever set the trap forgot to close the locker. No closing, means the trap was never primed.

Huh. That went better then expected. You okay? Ophelia commented.
"Uhh... yeah, yeah I'm alright. Not the worst accident I've ever had," Alice responded, rubbing the back of her head. "You okay, Jewels?" she asked Julia.

Illven
2017-10-15, 01:00 PM
"It happened pretty fast, and I didn't get the best look before I swallowed it, so I can't say for sure," Emma admits, "It was about my size, possibly even a bit bigger. It definitely wasn't a great white. I want to say it was an oceanic whitetip, but we're a little far north for them. It could have also been a juvenile tiger shark. I'd know for sure if I had a chance to taste it again."

Maybe Sam will take us to a fancy restaurant.

"Uhh... yeah, yeah I'm alright. Not the worst accident I've ever had," Alice responded, rubbing the back of her head. "You okay, Jewels?" she asked Julia.

"Yeah, you cushioned most of the blow... Wow, what's with all the wires?" Julia asked.

Esprit15
2017-10-15, 01:38 PM
"Alright... I'll make sure to remember that in the future," Athena says, more than a little unnerved by the display.

Zevox
2017-10-15, 02:38 PM
"Yeah, you cushioned most of the blow... Wow, what's with all the wires?" Julia asked.
Alice blinked, and checked where Julia was looking. "Uh, yeah, wow. You have a science project we don't or something Ophelia?"

The TechnoGnome
2017-10-15, 03:01 PM
Maybe Sam will take us to a fancy restaurant.

Emma grimaced, "Don't get me wrong, that would be nice of her. But cooked meat doesn't taste the same as raw."

"Alright... I'll make sure to remember that in the future," Athena says, more than a little unnerved by the display.

Emma frowned, "Are you okay, Athena? You look tense."

Esprit15
2017-10-15, 05:28 PM
"Nothing, nothing. Just being strongly reminded of the fact that you are not anything close to human."

Illven
2017-10-16, 05:48 PM
Alice blinked, and checked where Julia was looking. "Uh, yeah, wow. You have a science project we don't or something Ophelia?"

No, someone else did this. I don't know who. Ophelia remarks.

Emma grimaced, "Don't get me wrong, that would be nice of her. But cooked meat doesn't taste the same as raw."

It doesn't. I've never had raw meat, it's dangerous for us. Ophelia reminds.

"Nothing, nothing. Just being strongly reminded of the fact that you are not anything close to human."

Are you sure? That doesn't necessarily sound like you're okay. More repressing a freak out. Ophelia replies concerned.

Esprit15
2017-10-16, 07:20 PM
"I have not previously seen behavior suggesting this capability. It is... unsettling."

Illven
2017-10-16, 08:08 PM
"I have not previously seen behavior suggesting this capability. It is... unsettling."

I doubt she'll eat you though. Ophelia points out.

The TechnoGnome
2017-10-16, 08:46 PM
It doesn't. I've never had raw meat, it's dangerous for us. Ophelia reminds.

"Oh right, humans digestive tracts aren't quite as tough as ours," Emma said, "Still, there's some raw meat you can have. Fish, for example. And I know people can tell the difference between a steak cooked rare and one cooked all the way through. It's like that."

"Oh," Emma said with a frown, realizing what Athena meant, "I didn't mean to scare you, Athena, really. I was just trying to help. I wouldn't dream of hurting you or anyone else."

Illven
2017-10-16, 08:48 PM
"Oh right, humans digestive tracts aren't quite as tough as ours," Emma said, "Still, there's some raw meat you can have. Fish, for example. And I know people can tell the difference between a steak cooked rare and one cooled all the way through. It's like that."

"Oh," Emma said with a frown, realizing what Athena meant, "I didn't mean to scare you, Athena, really. I was just trying to help. I wouldn't dream of hurting you or anyone else."

See. She's not going to eat us. Ophelia remarks.

Esprit15
2017-10-16, 09:41 PM
"Logically, I am aware of this. Instinct, however, is insisting that logic go be bent over a desk right now. It is... frustrating."

Illven
2017-10-16, 09:44 PM
"Logically, I am aware of this. Instinct, however, is insisting that logic go be bent over a desk right now. It is... frustrating."

Huh. Is there anything we can do to help? Ophelia asked.

Zevox
2017-10-16, 09:54 PM
No, someone else did this. I don't know who. Ophelia remarks.
"Really?" Alice said, confused. "How would somebody else get their science project into your locker?"

"I'm not sure it was a science project, Alice..." Julia remarked.

Esprit15
2017-10-16, 09:58 PM
Huh. Is there anything we can do to help? Ophelia asked.

"No, I just need to mentally burry that image."

Illven
2017-10-16, 10:04 PM
"Really?" Alice said, confused. "How would somebody else get their science project into your locker?"

"I'm not sure it was a science project, Alice..." Julia remarked.

Yeah, I think someone was playing a prank on me. Ophelia remarks.

"No, I just need to mentally burry that image."

That's fair. Maybe we'll figure out who tried to prank me as a distraction. She suggested.

Esprit15
2017-10-16, 10:39 PM
"That would be perfect," Athena says, a bit of a grin appearing on her face.

Illven
2017-10-16, 10:49 PM
"That would be perfect," Athena says, a bit of a grin appearing on her face.

So. Any ideas on how to go about that.

Esprit15
2017-10-16, 11:00 PM
So. Any ideas on how to go about that.

"Possibly school security footage. Examination of the device might lend some clues as well."

Illven
2017-10-16, 11:03 PM
"Possibly school security footage. Examination of the device might lend some clues as well."

Can we do the first, without a warrant? Ophelia remarked.

Esprit15
2017-10-16, 11:20 PM
Can we do the first, without a warrant? Ophelia remarked.

"We're not police. We're just asking to see if anyone messed with your locker. We could just as easily report it to the faculty and leave it up to them."

Illven
2017-10-16, 11:30 PM
"We're not police. We're just asking to see if anyone messed with your locker. We could just as easily report it to the faculty and leave it up to them."

I'm not sure our principal understands the um... Principle of lockers. Ophelia remarks.

Esprit15
2017-10-16, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure our principal understands the um... Principle of lockers. Ophelia remarks.

"That someone broke into your locker?"

Illven
2017-10-16, 11:45 PM
"That someone broke into your locker?"

I'm just saying, he's really old. Does he know what a locker is? Ophelia questions.

The TechnoGnome
2017-10-16, 11:58 PM
"Some kind of divination ritual could help," Emma said, "Though in my case I'd need some crab claws, a porcelain bowl, saltwater, and incense. None of which I think the school has."

Esprit15
2017-10-17, 12:03 AM
I'm just saying, he's really old. Does he know what a locker is? Ophelia questions.

"Safes were invented in the 1800's, and are approximately the same thing. I'm sure he is familiar with the concept."

Illven
2017-10-17, 12:05 AM
"Some kind of divination ritual could help," Emma said, "Though in my case I'd need some crab claws, a porcelain bowl, saltwater, and incense. None of which I think the school has."

You can do that? Ophelia remarks.

"Safes were invented in the 1800's, and are approximately the same thing. I'm sure he is familiar with the concept."

Really. That long ago? Ophelia replies clearly stunned.

Esprit15
2017-10-17, 03:42 AM
"Yeah, hence why they were frequently stolen in old western style movies that took place at the time. Personally, I was surprised they weren't invented sooner, though I believe it was the advances made in metalsmithing technology during the civil war that allowed for their invention."

Illven
2017-10-17, 03:48 AM
"Yeah, hence why they were frequently stolen in old western style movies that took place at the time. Personally, I was surprised they weren't invented sooner, though I believe it was the advances made in metalsmithing technology during the civil war that allowed for their invention."

Maybe earlier metals were too frail to be any real good? Ophelia muses.

Esprit15
2017-10-17, 04:15 AM
Maybe earlier metals were too frail to be any real good? Ophelia muses.

"Or the fine techniques didn't exist yet. We used iron already, but the small parts were far more rough. Tumblers would need to be far more intricate."

The TechnoGnome
2017-10-17, 04:27 AM
You can do that? Ophelia remarks.

"With the right preparation and ritual I can," Emma replied, "Not just on a whim though. Hence why I need all that stuff."

"Or the fine techniques didn't exist yet. We used iron already, but the small parts were far more rough. Tumblers would need to be far more intricate."

"I'm surprised you know so much history about safes," Emma said, a little awestruck, "I thought you only really cared about science and math. Academically, I mean."

Esprit15
2017-10-17, 05:34 AM
"It's just applied logic combined with scattered trivia. The only actual safe fact I have to go off of is that they were invented in the 1800's. However, I also happen to know that wars are when technology advances the most, and that rifled barrels and Gatling guns were invented around the time of the American Civil War. Both of these require the manufacture of small, precise, metallic pieces. The same type of manufacturing would also allow someone to make the tumblers in a safe.

Sure, I get some things wrong occasionally, but often times the truth isn't too far removed from what I guess. Really, that's all intelligence is."

Illven
2017-10-17, 02:58 PM
... We have smartphones, we can google it.... Ophelia realizes.

Zevox
2017-10-17, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I think someone was playing a prank on me. Ophelia remarks.
Alice frowned, confused. "But... why? And how would they get into your locker? And what was the thing supposed to do?"

Illven
2017-10-17, 11:16 PM
Alice frowned, confused. "But... why? And how would they get into your locker? And what was the thing supposed to do?"

You know. I'm not so sure. Ophelia replies moving and examining the device.

Skill check DC 4 to figure out what it does, without triggering it.

The TechnoGnome
2017-10-18, 12:52 AM
"It's just applied logic combined with scattered trivia. The only actual safe fact I have to go off of is that they were invented in the 1800's. However, I also happen to know that wars are when technology advances the most, and that rifled barrels and Gatling guns were invented around the time of the American Civil War. Both of these require the manufacture of small, precise, metallic pieces. The same type of manufacturing would also allow someone to make the tumblers in a safe.

Sure, I get some things wrong occasionally, but often times the truth isn't too far removed from what I guess. Really, that's all intelligence is."

"Oh, that makes sense," Emma said, "You're really good at being smart, Athena. I'm not sure I say that enough, but it still impresses me."

... We have smartphones, we can google it.... Ophelia realizes.

"Oh yeah, we could," Emma said with a frown, before shaking her head, "Wait wait wait, we're getting off track. What about the whole trap thing?"

Meriss
2017-10-18, 01:34 PM
"Oh, that makes sense," Emma said, "You're really good at being smart, Athena. I'm not sure I say that enough, but it still impresses me."

"Oh yeah, we could," Emma said with a frown, before shaking her head, "Wait wait wait, we're getting off track. What about the whole trap thing?"
Tachi picks himself up off the floor. "Looks to just be a confetti flinger. Open the door get a face full of confetti. Huh, that's like something from the Fifties."

His face grows dark. "Darla used to do this to me. I'd better call her..."

The TechnoGnome
2017-10-18, 02:44 PM
Tachi picks himself up off the floor. "Looks to just be a confetti flinger. Open the door get a face full of confetti. Huh, that's like something from the Fifties."

"You think she did this?" Emma asked the demon, "What does she have against Ophelia?"

Illven
2017-10-18, 09:13 PM

Tachi roll a skill check.

Zevox
2017-10-18, 09:26 PM
You know. I'm not so sure. Ophelia replies moving and examining the device.

Skill check DC 4 to figure out what it does, without triggering it.
"Huh, I wonder," Alice said, reaching over to look at the device herself - while Julia wisely backed up a couple steps.

Sure, why not, let's see what happens. Weak roll:
[roll0]

Illven
2017-10-18, 09:36 PM
"Huh, I wonder," Alice said, reaching over to look at the device herself - while Julia wisely backed up a couple steps.

Sure, why not, let's see what happens. Weak roll:
[roll0]

It's a glitterbomb, if it were triggered, a pack of glitter would have burst over Ophelia.

Zevox
2017-10-18, 11:41 PM
"Oh, huh, I think it's just a glitter thing," Alice said, pointing out the packet of the stuff. "No biggie. I wonder why they needed something this fancy-looking for it. Or who set it up in the first place..."

Illven
2017-10-18, 11:46 PM
"Oh, huh, I think it's just a glitter thing," Alice said, pointing out the packet of the stuff. "No biggie. I wonder why they needed something this fancy-looking for it. Or who set it up in the first place..."

And is it some sort of homophobic comment? Ophelia remarks.

Zevox
2017-10-19, 12:13 AM
And is it some sort of homophobic comment? Ophelia remarks.
Alice blinked in confusion. "Uh... what?"

Illven
2017-10-19, 12:16 AM
Alice blinked in confusion. "Uh... what?"

Glitter, fabulous... Am I reading too much into it. Ophelia replies.

Esprit15
2017-10-19, 02:12 AM

"Given that we are not spies speaking in code - yes."

Zevox
2017-10-19, 04:57 PM

"Given that we are not spies speaking in code - yes."
"Yeah... and isn't stuff like that mostly a stereotype for gay guys, not girls?"

Illven
2017-10-21, 12:15 AM
Episode 6 Scene 2

But first. How are you going to get the resources of the school to aid in your quest to put the trapper to justice?

Luck =Manage to get the vice principal's ear, instead of the principal. +3 VP with Ophelia.

Esprit15
2017-10-22, 03:34 PM
Athena just opts to go with whoever seems the most likely to get the principal’s attention, offering to explain specifically why lockers are kind of important if the man really doesn’t get it.
If someone else actually posts: JaP (Whoever has the highest mod, dice screw acts as +2)

If nobody else posts: Well, ain’t gotta spend anything then, and Athena will just walk in and talk to the man

The TechnoGnome
2017-10-23, 08:10 PM
Being unfamiliar with the staff at the school, Emma just looks around the front office for someone who looks like they have enough authority to deal with the matter.

Strong Luck (+1), Shining Trapezehedron (+2?), possibly JaP from Athena (+2?), +1/+3/+5 total.

Meriss
2017-10-24, 07:00 PM
Tachi looks unsure of his surroundings. He spends most of his time pacing and wringing his tail.

Luck: 0 Total: 0
Faustian Pact on Emma

Zevox
2017-10-24, 10:53 PM
Alice actually doesn't think much of the trap incident - it was just a little glitter trap, it wouldn't have hurt Ophelia any. All in good fun, right? So she was going about her day normally, as if nothing unusual had happened.

But of course, a normal day for her included accidents. And in this case her second of the day struck while she was chatting with Julia about what she'd seen that had made her trip up earlier: she'd worn a simple top that, a fairly plain t-shirt - but it was a couple sizes too small on her, and thus fit entirely too tightly. Which was deliberate of course, but it was also one of her older, more worn ones, and she was doing a fair amount gesturing as she spoke, so...

*RIIIIIP*

With that sound, Alice didn't even Julia's bright blush to know what had happened. She glanced down to find a huge tear running across the t-shirt at an angle, exposing most of her midriff and portions of her bra. She sighed and looked around - she might not care that much who saw her like this, but with the sound that made, she was guessing she might have drawn some faculty member's attention on this one...

Strong Luck +1, Accident-Prone +2, Thaw Out +2 = +5 total. (Should be +7 with Athena's JaP, likely.)
Thaw Out scene 1/3.

2017-10-25, 01:13 AM
Samantha does her best to ask anyone and everyone she can think might have any idea who could be responsible; regardless of whether they know or not, the number of people she asks creates quite a buzz through the school, and soon enough everybody knows about the incident. The rumor mill is likely to blow it out of proportion, as it does, but that's an acceptable side effect for any potential information coming forward.

School Queen 2+Connections 2-Weak Roll 1=+3 total. "Just As Planned" on Emma. That should put Emma's base bonus at +3, then +7 from my JaP and Tachi's Pact, then +9 total from Athena's JaP as well.

Illven
2017-10-25, 01:34 AM
Alice actually doesn't think much of the trap incident - it was just a little glitter trap, it wouldn't have hurt Ophelia any. All in good fun, right? So she was going about her day normally, as if nothing unusual had happened.

But of course, a normal day for her included accidents. And in this case her second of the day struck while she was chatting with Julia about what she'd seen that had made her trip up earlier: she'd worn a simple top that, a fairly plain t-shirt - but it was a couple sizes too small on her, and thus fit entirely too tightly. Which was deliberate of course, but it was also one of her older, more worn ones, and she was doing a fair amount gesturing as she spoke, so...

*RIIIIIP*

With that sound, Alice didn't even Julia's bright blush to know what had happened. She glanced down to find a huge tear running across the t-shirt at an angle, exposing most of her midriff and portions of her bra. She sighed and looked around - she might not care that much who saw her like this, but with the sound that made, she was guessing she might have drawn some faculty member's attention on this one...

Strong Luck +1, Accident-Prone +2, Thaw Out +2 = +5 total. (Should be +7 with Athena's JaP, likely.)
Thaw Out scene 1/3.

The vice principal a much younger about 30 year old guy comes over.

"Alice, what happened!?" The vice principal asked concerned. "You need to use thicker materials in your clothing." He replies looking for something, and grabbing some kids backpack to put over your ripped clothing.

"Let's get to the nurse." He starts.

The rest of you, see Alice with ripped clothing, being escorted by the nurse. What do you do?

Esprit15
2017-10-25, 01:55 AM
Athena looks on from Emma’s side. ”Hm. Should we speak to the principal, given that the vice principal is busy?”

The TechnoGnome
2017-10-25, 02:47 AM
Athena looks on from Emma’s side. ”Hm. Should we speak to the principal, given that the vice principal is busy?”

"I think he might be taking a nap," Emma said with a frown, "Otherwise, we would have seen him by now."

Esprit15
2017-10-25, 02:51 AM
"I think he might be taking a nap," Emma said with a frown, "Otherwise, we would have seen him by now."

”And? He’s not employed in a job that gives breaks that permit napping,” Athena says plainly.

Meriss
2017-10-25, 01:10 PM
”And? He’s not employed in a job that gives breaks that permit napping,” Athena says plainly.

Tachi looks astonished at Alice's accident. Apparently the chaos in school was higher than even he anticipated. "Athena. Darling. He is over four hundred years old. A certain amount of napping is expected. One could try a gentle knock."

Esprit15
2017-10-25, 01:23 PM
Tachi looks astonished at Alice's accident. Apparently the chaos in school was higher than even he anticipated. "Athena. Darling. He is over four hundred years old. A certain amount of napping is expected. One could try a gentle knock."

”Then he ought to retire.”

Zevox
2017-10-25, 07:34 PM
The vice principal a much younger about 30 year old guy comes over.

"Alice, what happened!?" The vice principal asked concerned. "You need to use thicker materials in your clothing." He replies looking for something, and grabbing some kids backpack to put over your ripped clothing.

"Let's get to the nurse." He starts.

The rest of you, see Alice with ripped clothing, being escorted by the nurse. What do you do?
Alice started to reply to the vice principal, but quickly found herself changing gears. "Um, I have spare clothes... wait, the nurse? Huh? I'm not hurt," she said as the man started to drag her away.

Illven
2017-10-25, 08:30 PM
”Then he ought to retire.”

Kinda got to agree with Athena here. Ophelia admits.

Alice started to reply to the vice principal, but quickly found herself changing gears. "Um, I have spare clothes... wait, the nurse? Huh? I'm not hurt," she said as the man started to drag her away.

"Oh wait. You do? Then yeah take me to your locker." He replied letting go of you calmly.

The TechnoGnome
2017-10-25, 08:48 PM
"Does anyone know why he hasn't?" Emma asked.

Zevox
2017-10-25, 09:55 PM
"Oh wait. You do? Then yeah take me to your locker." He replied letting go of you calmly.
"No need," Alice remarked, setting her backpack on the ground and unzipping part of it. By the look of it, there were probably more clothes than books in there. She ruffled through it a moment before pulling out a red tank top. "I had this for after gym, but now works too," she says, before starting to remove the torn top.

Illven
2017-10-25, 10:15 PM
"Does anyone know why he hasn't?" Emma asked.

I haven't asked him. Ophelia remarks.

"No need," Alice remarked, setting her backpack on the ground and unzipping part of it. By the look of it, there were probably more clothes than books in there. She ruffled through it a moment before pulling out a red tank top. "I had this for after gym, but now works too," she says, before starting to remove the torn top.

The vice principal averts his eyes. "Shouldn't you do that in the girls bathroom." He remarks.

Zevox
2017-10-25, 11:25 PM
The vice principal averts his eyes. "Shouldn't you do that in the girls bathroom." He remarks.
Alice shrugged. "Why? It's not like there's a lot the tear isn't showing anyway," she answered. Barring a stronger objection from the VP, she finishes removing the torn top, slipping on the tank top, and packs the damaged one in her backpack, unconcerned about who may see what.

Illven
2017-10-25, 11:35 PM
Alice shrugged. "Why? It's not like there's a lot the tear isn't showing anyway," she answered. Barring a stronger objection from the VP, she finishes removing the torn top, slipping on the tank top, and packs the damaged one in her backpack, unconcerned about who may see what.

After a few moments of whispered conversation. The Vice principal appears to hear something important.

"Was your locker tampered with?" He seems to mishear.