PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Simple magic items with NINTH LEVEL SPELLS!!!!!!!!!!

rferries
2017-05-06, 05:04 PM
Circlet of Shapechange
This appears to be a jade circlet worth 1,500 gp. Once per day a character wearing it may speak the command word to shapechange, as the spell.

Strong transmutation; CL 17th; Craft Wondrous Item, shapechange; Price 56580 gp.

Ring of Death and Life
This gleaming platinum ring is set with a radiant diamond and a magnificent black sapphire each worth 25,000 gp. Upon pronouncing the command word it may be used to trap the soul of a dead creature with up to 25HD within the sapphire, as soul bind. At any point thereafter the second command word may be uttered to resurrect that creature, as true resurrection.

If the ring-bearer is killed, her soul is automatically drawn into the sapphire. If she has more than 25 HD, the black sapphire shatters and the ring may be used once to cast true resurrection on any creature.

The soul bind and true resurrection effects each function only once, after which the ring crumbles into dust and the diamond shatters. The sapphire retains its value, however.

Strong conjuration and necromancy; CL 17th; Craft Wondrous Item, soul bind, true resurrection; Price 63389 gp.

Timepiece of Timestop
This marvelous golden pocketwatch originated on the plane of Mechanus and always keeps perfect time. Once per day it may be wound as a full-round action to activate time stop, as the spell.

Strong transmutation; CL 17th; Craft Wondrous Item, timestop; Price 55080 gp.

AOKost
2017-05-07, 04:48 PM
I wish the forum had a like button that we could smash for ideas! I don't really have any item ideas atm to share unfortunately. I thought Epic Item Creation feats were required to create items that allowed spells and functions greater than those given in the normal item creation feat... Such as Epic Wand Crating to craft wands with spells higher than 3rd level, and potions higher than 3rd level. There's some prestige classes that allow these feats of course, but few choose to go those routes that I've come across, but they are available.

rferries
2017-05-07, 05:09 PM
I wish the forum had a like button that we could smash for ideas! I don't really have any item ideas atm to share unfortunately. I thought Epic Item Creation feats were required to create items that allowed spells and functions greater than those given in the normal item creation feat... Such as Epic Wand Crating to craft wands with spells higher than 3rd level, and potions higher than 3rd level. There's some prestige classes that allow these feats of course, but few choose to go those routes that I've come across, but they are available.

I think I'm safely within the restrictions (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/basics.htm#creatingEpicMagicItems). Wands and potions have spell limits but I don't think rings do?

AOKost
2017-05-08, 04:23 AM
I think I'm safely within the restrictions (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/basics.htm#creatingEpicMagicItems). Wands and potions have spell limits but I don't think rings do?

Considering Ring of 3 Wishes, I think you're right... I'd forgotten about that. Scrolls, too, can have multiple spells on them. Rods, Staves, and even Wondrous items can have seplls above 3rd and 4th level... What about Psionic items? They have similar restrictions for their variants...

rferries
2017-05-08, 09:04 AM
Considering Ring of 3 Wishes, I think you're right... I'd forgotten about that. Scrolls, too, can have multiple spells on them. Rods, Staves, and even Wondrous items can have seplls above 3rd and 4th level... What about Psionic items? They have similar restrictions for their variants...

I'm not sure! It's probably buried in the SRD somewhere :D