PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Looking for Class Ideas

Foxman778
2017-05-06, 06:50 PM
So I have a character concept that I want to put to paper. Just need some help picking a class.

Sword-and-Board, light to medium armor, able to cast some offensive fire and shadow spells but not a full caster.

Don't care what kind of casting it is (Arcane, Divine, Psychic), but would prefer it to be from actual casting as opposed to wands and a high UMD.

All first-party content is fine, but let's avoid third party.

Wartex1
2017-05-06, 07:11 PM
Maybe try Skirnir Magus?

Coretron03
2017-05-06, 07:13 PM
Magus seem to fit. 6th levels of arcane casting, medium bab and can wear light armour while casting. Can cast and use spells in the same round.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/

Edit: Ninja'd

Topaz
2017-05-06, 09:43 PM
Wanting specifically fire & shadow spells makes any caster selection tricky, but you can do this with an Inquisitor and it fits your fighting style selection well.

Ellrin
2017-05-06, 11:22 PM
So I have a character concept that I want to put to paper. Just need some help picking a class.

Sword-and-Board, light to medium armor, able to cast some offensive fire and shadow spells but not a full caster.

Don't care what kind of casting it is (Arcane, Divine, Psychic), but would prefer it to be from actual casting as opposed to wands and a high UMD.

All first-party content is fine, but let's avoid third party.

I've been sort of considering a Warlock vigilante with VMC magus. You get an arcane pool and can spellstrike with the entire Sor/Wiz list up to level six spells. You have mystic bolts to help fill out your options in combat, though obviously they're a secondary option. Between magus arcana and the warlock talents, you have a pretty nice selection of abilities available. You've got most of a vigilante's social abilities intact, so you can still do a pretty good job out of combat, especially combined with your spell list. Your feat selection is pretty limited for all the hats you're wearing, but using your spells wisely, arcane pool use, and picking out good arcana and talents can help overcome that disadvantage.

Your board will be limited to a buckler until you can get an animated shield (or you can just cast shield), but that should otherwise fit the bill.

Florian
2017-05-07, 01:14 AM
Anti-Paladin with unsanctioned knowledge is actually pretty good with a sword and board.

An elf Ancient Lorekeeper Oracle (Shadow Mystery) would also work. Snag the best fire and shadow spells from the wizard list, summon creatures with the shadow template, use the usual cleric spells to buff up your melee performance.