PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Scout Class Pathfinder

Roan_Spence
2017-05-07, 08:10 AM
Curious what people's thoughts on this class are.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/tripod-machine/scout/

dude123nice
2017-05-07, 08:44 AM
Seems like a worse version of the original Pathfinder rogue.

CharonsHelper
2017-05-07, 10:21 AM
Seems like a worse version of the original Pathfinder rogue.

Yeah. It might be mediocre until you're giving up your full attack for Targeted Strike.

After that it'd be really bad.

Mendicant
2017-05-07, 11:25 AM
The best bet seems like some sort of vital strike build, I guess? With some generous houseruling and precise strike range extenders you could make an ok crossbow sniper maybe.

dude123nice
2017-05-07, 02:08 PM
So basically, ignore the name of the class and just play an unchained rogue, it does anything this class can do but better, including scouting. It's just like 3.5's Samurai class where virtually any other martial class made for a better samurai build than it did.

Da Beast
2017-05-07, 02:21 PM
They seem to have needlessly nerfed skirmish by strictly limiting it to one application per round and to have stripped out most of the class features only to let you buy back (sometimes weaker) versions of them with your scout talents. Most pathfinder classes got their new customization talents in addition to their old class features and then maybe even some extra goodies on top of it so I'm not sure why they decided to make the talents do the work of replacing old class features and the bonus feats scout's used to get when they probably could have had all three as their own things and been fine from a balance perspective. Frankly, I think I'd rather use the 3.5 scout.

Psyren
2017-05-07, 02:56 PM
So basically, ignore the name of the class and just play an unchained rogue, it does anything this class can do but better, including scouting. It's just like 3.5's Samurai class where virtually any other martial class made for a better samurai build than it did.

Better yet, play an Unchained Rogue with the Scout Archetype. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/archetypes/paizo-rogue-archetypes/scout/) Now you're truly a scout, and far better than the third-party version.

TheIronGolem
2017-05-07, 06:09 PM
Speaking of which, this class is so much like the Rogue that it should have been an archetype in the first place. It still wouldn't be good, but at least then there might be the possibility of synergy with other Rogue archetypes. There's just no reason for it to be a separate class that I can see.