PDA

View Full Version : NWN 2 conversion King of Shadows

haplot
2017-05-07, 09:08 AM
Out of curiosity, how would people stat up the King of Shadows from the Neverwinter Nights 2 campaign?

3.5 Edition :D

Shark Uppercut
2017-05-07, 10:03 AM
I believe people who do Let's Plays sometimes use console commands to fix bugs and redo stuff to see multiple endings, and they've found his code.

Phase 1 is a 20HD Outsider with 5 Fighter levels. He can Teleport ? (probably more like Dimension Door, he just moves around the room) and has an energy-draining aura.
Phase 2 is spawning a ton of clones, with 7HD of Outsider. Maybe 25 of them.
Phase 3 is a 20HD Outsider that has 10 levels of Warlock and 10 of Frenzied Berserker... I really hope he doesn't waste time with Eldritch Blasts.
There's plot items around the room that need to be destroyed... maybe 6? Each reduces his HP by 10% and his Strength and AC by 3. And he starts the fight rocking 36's in every attribute.

If you have a save-slot at the end of game, you could probably re-fight him repeatedly to get more details.
My source: Here (https://lparchive.org/Neverwinter-Nights-2/Update%2084/)

Notice that the entire campaign is stuffed with undead, but he isn't one. He's sneak attack-able.

haplot
2017-05-07, 01:01 PM
Ahh cool, thank you for that information. Its much appreciated.

Are domains etc assignable to him? what with his shadow priests (im assuming cleric based) that are working for him.

Thoughts as always welcome and i thank you

Calthropstu
2017-05-07, 02:07 PM
You can easily pull stats out of code out the nwn/bg line of games using simple hex and text editors. For example, the bg2 sorcerer can be given more spells per day by opening up the files, finding the table and changing the numbers all in notepad (at least it could originally... I haven't tried recent versions)

I actually prefer games to be like that, because it allows me to tweak the game myself making it harder or easier as I see fit. I might check the game myself later, been meaning to play nwn2 again.

Mordaedil
2017-05-08, 02:43 AM
NWN2 has a campaign editor that comes built-in with the game, you don't need any outside help at all to figure out how things work, you just need to boot up the toolset and open the relevant campaign.

Zanos
2017-05-08, 02:14 PM
NWN2 has a campaign editor that comes built-in with the game, you don't need any outside help at all to figure out how things work, you just need to boot up the toolset and open the relevant campaign.
Some of the stuff is kind of buried in custom script effects, especially for the big campaign setpieces. But yes, base stats are easy as opening up the original campaign and clicking on "Kingdom of Shadows" and just looking at them.

Shark Uppercut
2017-05-08, 02:16 PM
The thing is, I don't know if his biggest guys are priests.

Obviously, he has some priests. The weird guys with masks that have massive goatees, at Fort Locke and Old Owl Well.
But his main guys, the Shadow Reavers (?) might be Necromancer Wizards. They could also be custom Undead with spellcasting levels or SLA's.

As for the other question, I'd peg him as a LE guy with the Death, Evil, Knowledge, Law and Protection Domains. Favored weapon, I have no idea, Longsword.