PDA

View Full Version : Elans Presitge Class

Ravenatog
2007-08-01, 09:30 AM
Does anyone else love Elan's changes. I love the witty puns fueling his ability in combat and the fact he can actually do some cool stuff in fights. :elan:

But of course he is still a goofy guy and very simple but got to love him for it lol

Elderac
2007-08-01, 09:33 AM
Yes, absolutely. The PRC looks fun enough I would like to play it. Of course we don't want to limit Rich's comic potential by asking him to publish it before he is finished with Elan's story. :smallbiggrin:

LordVader
2007-08-01, 09:53 AM
It'd be a lot harder to play in real D&D, as no one can make up that many puns.:smalltongue:

dan_el_hombre
2007-08-01, 10:14 AM
yes, elan is one of my favorite characters, and the puns only helped that. he is now second only to roy, and i think thats just because roy is as sarcastic and critical as i am :smallbiggrin:

RAGE KING!
2007-08-01, 12:42 PM
except in DnD you dont have to make up puns, your d.m. just lets you make a pun check. Unless your doing a heavy r.p. in wich case you just pull out some oots comics.

Ravenatog
2007-08-01, 12:50 PM
Dan I'm going to have to agree with Roy being the best, maybe just because he has my favorite one liners.

I mean come on "Your approval fills me with shame" is just awesome

Plus he is lawful just like me :roy:

Oeep Snaec
2007-08-01, 01:23 PM
Personally, I think Belkar and Elan make the best comedy team. Elan's immaturity and Belkar's natural drive to bug the heck out of Roy go together like Milk and Oreo's. Roy does rock though.

:elan: Roy has boobies!

:belkar: Bwa ha ha ha ha!

lokycat
2007-08-01, 01:45 PM
Personally, I think Belkar and Elan make the best comedy team. Elan's immaturity and Belkar's natural drive to bug the heck out of Roy go together like Milk and Oreo's. Roy does rock though.

:elan: Roy has boobies!

:belkar: Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Could not agree more!!!

Emperor Ing
2007-08-01, 01:51 PM
except in DnD you dont have to make up puns, your d.m. just lets you make a pun check.

The roll would be harder and harder to get the more your roll, for example, using a D20, roll a 19 or higher to succede at first, then lower it to 18 or 17, and so on and so on. But I dont see how the immunity to glass damage would be helpful, except maybe a glass golem :smalltongue:

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-01, 02:44 PM
I agree. He's still the same old Elan, except he has an awesome outfit and an awesome action-hero prestige class. Rock on Elan, he's always been my favorite character since strip 4.

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-01, 02:46 PM
The roll would be harder and harder to get the more your roll, for example, using a D20, roll a 19 or higher to succede at first, then lower it to 18 or 17, and so on and so on. But I dont see how the immunity to glass damage would be helpful, except maybe a glass golem :smalltongue:

Um... how about a scene a la Die Hard, you're trapped in a room with some wizard outside, he casts "Shatter" and throws billions of tiny, sharp pieces of jagged glass towards your face and onto the floor, and you simply go, "Ha! Glass immunity!" and walk out unscathed.

Emperor Ing
2007-08-01, 02:48 PM
:
Um... how about a scene a la Die Hard, you're trapped in a room with some wizard outside, he casts "Shatter" and throws billions of tiny, sharp pieces of jagged glass towards your face and onto the floor, and you simply go, "Ha! Glass immunity!" and walk out unscathed.

Well, Elan can rest easy at night knowing some random wizard guy's random shattered glass cant hurt him! :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Accountant
2007-08-01, 02:51 PM
But I dont see how the immunity to glass damage would be helpful, except maybe a glass golem :smalltongue:

Well, you probably would get bonuses or something from making dramatic entrances through windows, or jumping through fire. In the Dashing Swordsman homebrew PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29882&highlight=dashing+swordsman) that someone made, you get the immunity to fire, even though this one also says that your opponent "need not hear your pun" to get the charisma bonus.

chibibar
2007-08-01, 03:53 PM
It'd be a lot harder to play in real D&D, as no one can make up that many puns.:smalltongue:

Wanna Bet??? I have a guy who use a tons of one liner.