PDA

View Full Version : Dragonlance Campaign Setting. Kapak Barbarian

Dustin1280
2017-05-07, 10:03 AM
So first I am a Kapak (dlnexus.com/fan/rules/12040.aspx) which is a 2 HD, level 4 adjustment. My ECL is 9, I have 5 levels in barbarian, and my HD is 7.

Sorry about the crappy link, Apparently I am too noob to post a link.

My HP are 107 at this time:

My stats are
17 str +3
16 dex +3
21 con +5
10 int +0
11 wis +0
9 cha -1

I recently came across a Wounding Spike Chain +1 that grants improved trip. So each successful attack will grant 1 con damage and I get improved trip w/o the two feat requirement.

MY current feats are
Cleave
Power Attack
Weapon Focus Scythe (which do to storyline reasons is now Spiked Chain Exotic Proficiency)
Draconian Breath Weapon

Where do I go from here? I realize I'm not terribly optimized but at this point I would like to make good use of the spiked chain that was found.

Combat reflexes is probably my next feat, but I am unsure where to go beyond that at this point.

ksbsnowowl
2017-05-08, 11:58 AM
So first I am a Kapak (dlnexus.com/fan/rules/12040.aspx) which is a 2 HD, level 4 adjustment. My ECL is 9, I have 5 levels in barbarian, and my HD is 7.

MY current feats are
Cleave
Power Attack
Weapon Focus Scythe (which do to storyline reasons is now Spiked Chain Exotic Proficiency)
Draconian Breath Weapon

Where do I go from here?

If you are a 2 HD creature, with a +4 LA, and 5 Barbarian levels, you are an ECL 11 character, not ECL 9.

However, some added investigation on my part shows that your above listing is wrong. You have +2 Level Adjustment, not 4. So you were actually (sort of) right in saying you are ECL 9.

As a 7 HD creature, you should also only have three feats, not 4, aside from any that your class or race gives you. Looking at the racial classes that you linked to, the Feat it lists the Kapak getting at "first level" is the same feat every character gets at first level, not a bonus one. The bonus Run feat at third level is just the Racial class way of giving you the bonus Run feat that Kapaks get from their racial abilities, so you should have four feats... But one of them must be Run. I have no clue how you got a fourth feat on your list without one of them being Run.