PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Let's create drug's

Sir cryosin
2017-05-07, 12:27 PM
I'm running a sci Fi game we start tonight. And I wanted to introduce drugs because the guy they are going after is a junkie. I though about have haste, time stop and a few other spells act as drug effects but with dig draw backs. So I'm turning to the playground for ideas.

JNAProductions
2017-05-07, 12:34 PM
Goodberry cocaine.

pwykersotz
2017-05-07, 12:47 PM
A lot of people have adapted drugs to D&D with varying success. Especailly for 3.5. I recommend retooling some of them, as the base concepts are ususally pretty sound. Here's one I used a long time ago. (http://therafimrpg.wikidot.com/drugs-and-poisons)

EvilAnagram
2017-05-07, 01:07 PM
Stoneskin acts like PCP, and characters under its effect become extremely aggressive.

Desteplo
2017-05-07, 02:24 PM
I'd stick to lvl 1-3 spells. Depending on the spell level, equals level of exhaustion taken after the effects wear off.
-To make them appealing, requires no concentration to maintain

Easiest adaptation is:
-lvl2 drugs = enhance ability
-different drug enhances a different stat
-After an hour he gains 2 lvls exhaustion. A wisdom save of 13 or becomes addicted.

Lvl3
-haste, etc
3lvls exhaustion
Dc14

Zexionthefirst
2017-05-07, 06:31 PM
Goodberry cocaine.

Consider it done.

Kane0
2017-05-07, 06:47 PM
Now i'm imagining some enterpirising druids mass casting goodberries in order to put them through a lab. The juice is extracted and put aside as a delicious and nutritious drink while the rest is dried, powderised and mixed with selected gem dust to make a super potent narcotic.

GPS
2017-05-07, 10:06 PM
Literal pixie dust. Dangerous to harvest, but totally worth it.

Kane0
2017-05-07, 10:48 PM
Devilweed (Calm Emotions)
Pixie Dust (Haste)
Aboleth Mucus (Water Breathing)
Air Elemental Vapor (Blur)
Powdered Gargoyle (Stoneskin)
Imp Venom (Detect Thoughts)
Orphan Tears (False Life)
Giant Eye Jelly (See Invisibility)
Shrieker Mushrooms (Speak with Plants/Animals)
Wisp (Nondetection)
Bodak Tooth (Feign Death)
Mimic Gum (Detect Magic)

sir_argo
2017-05-08, 01:12 AM
I've actually brought this topic up to my group before, but from another angle. I've mentioned that in a magical world, such as D&D, people would invariably use magic to satisfy their vices. They would get off on spells such as Fear (thrill), Charm (ecstasy), Phantasmal Force (hallucinogen), Sleep spell (depressant), Hold Person (bondage), Deafened and Blinded (sensory deprivation), etc.

Madbox
2017-05-08, 04:07 AM
Look up "Portable Hole Full of Beer" on Google. It's​ free, and although it is for 3.5, the ideas would be easy to adapt. One thing they had was Drug Fiends, literal fiends who could magically create drugs.