PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Armasse Festival Ideas

Zhentarim
2017-05-07, 02:05 PM
I'm starting a Wrath of the Righteous game, and I wanted to spend the first 30 minutes or so of our first 30 minute session letting players enjoy Armast. What are some situtions I could throw in for flavor?

Gildedragon
2017-05-07, 07:09 PM
I don't know Armasse but I know festivals.
From drinking halls (con checks to not pass out) to shrine jostling and clashing (Str checks) to feats of strength and dexterity and magical prowess, to singing contests, to dances, to eating contests, to trying varied food, to buying varied things... Let the PCs run hog wild. Melees (subdual naturally), brawls, skill and ability challenges... People open up during festivals: the more important the more free flowing it gets. What are your PCS?

Zhentarim
2017-05-07, 10:10 PM
I don't know Armasse but I know festivals.
From drinking halls (con checks to not pass out) to shrine jostling and clashing (Str checks) to feats of strength and dexterity and magical prowess, to singing contests, to dances, to eating contests, to trying varied food, to buying varied things... Let the PCs run hog wild. Melees (subdual naturally), brawls, skill and ability challenges... People open up during festivals: the more important the more free flowing it gets. What are your PCS?

a witch, a paladin, a sorceress, a cleric, a fighter, and a rogue
we have a big party

Gildedragon
2017-05-07, 10:36 PM
For paladin and Cleric: shrine jostling. Several worshipers of one same deity carry a shrine tower on their shoulders, and they jostle with other worshipers to try and topple their shrines.
Alternatively
Great big bonfires

Fighter and paladin and rogur:
Melees
Fight for prizes.

Rogue and sorceress and witch: story telling or riddle or some other skill contest, possibly Cha oriented.

Sorceress and witch and Cleric:
Spellcasting competitions

Rogue:
Lots of pockets to pick

Any-all:
Pie eating competition
Loot buying
Drinking contests
Fortune telling booths

Kol Korran
2017-05-08, 12:39 PM
Hmmmm... I ran a (heavily) modified game of about 2/3rds of this AP.
I quite like the idea of letting the party celebrate Aramasse in Kenabres.
I think you can use the event for the following:
1. Give them a feel of the city, and living in the time of the Crusades.
2. Give them some if the feel of the 5 gods of the Crusades, with emphasis on Iomedae, any deity the PCs worship.
3. Give them a feel of the demon enemy, be it Deskari and Baphomet, the various powerful antagonist, or even simple well known demons (Dretch, incubus and Succubus and similar).
4 Forshadow future events (depending how far ahead you've read).

Some potential events/ scenes:
- Training civilians in fighting (This was one of the main traditions uniform the holiday).
- religious discussions/ arguments and/or contests?
- Similar contests or lectures about "the enemy".
- party and celebration of distinguished crusaders in Defender 's Heart.
- A street show for kids, showing a few key scenes in the Crusades (Death of Aroden, opening of the Workdwound, the building of the Wardstones).
- A lecsure of fiends and foul magic in the black wing library.
- dembarkation if creating cold iron weapons...

And so on...

Karl Aegis
2017-05-08, 01:05 PM
Hit a stuffed doll with a stick. A rather big doll. See if anyone fumbles and cripples themselves for life fighting a "demon".

Gildedragon
2017-05-08, 01:09 PM
Demon piņatas
Demons being burned in effigy... demons stuffed with fireworks (look up Mexican castillos)

A masked parade with colorful jesters playing fiends (taunting children, being laughed at, being smote by paladins wielding airfilled bladders)