PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next [PEACH + Help?] Trickster Class + Ideas?

RabanoDOOM
2017-05-07, 08:18 PM
So, I'm currently working on a class called the Trickster, a class whose main focus comes through in a wide variety of individual Pranks you can prepare and choose between on short rests, before expending or equipping them to do various things. Different pranks have different prerequisites, though I'm having trouble coming up with more, and seeing which pranks will need to be saved until later levels. If you can, do you people of the internet think it possible you could critique the Pranks I have so far, and see if you had any more ideas for some? It'd be mega appreciated! :smallbiggrin:

A few important things to note about the class:

The class has two archetypes, the Clown and the Thespian. The Clown has a greater focus on Prank use and has a wider variety of unique Pranks, alongside some miscellaneous clowny things, while the Thespian has some enemy mimicry and body-swap capabilities. This doesn't mean the Thespian won't have any pranks unique to it, it'll just have less than the Clown
The class runs on a d8 hit die, has light armor and simple weapons, dex and cha saves, and 3 skills, mostly dexterity- and charisma-based.
Most pranks are expended upon use, unless otherwise specified.
The number of pranks you can prepare per short rest is open to change, but as of right now it's Proficiency Bonus + Charisma Modifier.

With that being said, here are the pranks!
Whoopie Cushion

(Prerequisite: None) As an action, you can set down a whoopie cushion. Creatures who fail a DC 15 Perception Check and accidentally interact with it immediately end their turn upon interacting with it, due to freezing briefly out of surprise and/or embarrassment. Mindless creatures are unaffected by the effects of a whoopie cushion

Joy Buzzer

(Prerequisite: None) As an action, you can equip a Joy Buzzer to any free hand. If you grapple an enemy while it is equipped, that enemy takes 1d6 Shock damage and can't take reactions for every round it is grappled by you. The Joy Buzzer's use is not expended until the enemy breaks free of the grapple. If you wear two Joy Buzzers and grapple an enemy with both hands, the enemy will take 2d6 shock damage and will also be prevented from taking Bonus Actions.

Mistletoe Dart

(Prerequisite: None) This dart deals 1d4 piercing damage, ignores any resistance or immunities, always hits its target, and cannot have any modifiers added to its damage.

Acid Flower

(Prerequisite: Trickster Level 5) As an action, make a deception check contested against the enemy's insight check. This check has disadvantage if the enemy is hostile. If the check is successful, the enemy is dealt 3d6 Acid Damage and is Blinded for 1d2 rounds.

Kick Me!

(Prerequisite: Trickster Level 5) As an action, you can set down a whoopie cushion. Creatures who fail a DC 15 Perception Check and accidentally interact with it immediately end their turn upon interacting with it, due to freezing briefly out of surprise and/or embarrassment. Mindless creatures are unaffected by the effects of a whoopie cushion

Clown Shoes

(Prerequisite: Clown) As an action or bonus action, you can force these shoes onto an enemy through a contested Athletics check, so long as the enemy has some sort of legs or feet to put them on. You have advantage on this check if the enemy is grappled. While these shoes are on, the enemy emits a loud honking noise for every step they take, making stealth practically impossible, and are incapable of taking the dash or disengage action. They must use their action and make a DC 15 Strength Check in order to remove the shoes. The shoes have their use expended once removed.

Red Nose

(Prerequisite: Clown) As an action or bonus action, you may equip a red nose. Enemies who see this red nose must make a DC 15 Wisdom Save or have disadvantage on melee attacks against you until they use their action, bonus action, or reaction to honk your red nose. The Red Nose never has its use expended.

Handkerchief Rope

(Prerequisite: Clown) Treat as a potentially infinitely long silk rope with one end always attached to you. Use is expended if the rope is destroyed or damaged in any way.

Tell me what you guys think and if you have any ideas to add in! New ideas may be edited into this post as they come! :smallbiggrin:

clash
2017-05-08, 08:55 AM
Every you have listed in the class fits with the bard. I would make this a bard subclass and allow using bardic inspiration to trigger the pranks.

RabanoDOOM
2017-05-08, 07:25 PM
Every you have listed in the class fits with the bard. I would make this a bard subclass and allow using bardic inspiration to trigger the pranks.

That's...actually a really good idea! :smallsmile: If i can't come up with enough unique aspects and abilities to it, I may end up making it a bardic subclass. Thanks for the input!