PDA

View Full Version : Can I preview avatars?

scalyfreak
2017-05-07, 08:54 PM
I like my black dragon avatar, but it's not entirely quite right. Is there a way I can preview the other available avatars, to give me an idea of what I'm switching to, or do I need to actually change to whatever I think I will like, and change back if I'm not happy with it?

Rockphed
2017-05-07, 09:50 PM
Like a place where you can see all of them nicely lined up and labeled? No, no such place exists and all previous suggestions to make one have been met with "we don't think that that is a worthwhile use of our time and resources". Your best bet for looking at avatars is to just pick likely ones and see how they look.

Well, you could go to where the avatars are located (which you can find by right clicking on your avatar and clicking "view image") and then just change the title of the picture to the one you want to look at. But then you lose out on how it actually looks in a forum environment. Also, all sorts of work. My suggestion is to open 2 tabs/windows of Giantitp. One is a forum page with one of your posts. The other is the general settings page. Change your avatar on the settings page and click "save", then reload the page with your post. If none of them are what you really want, then head over to "arts and crafts" where there used to be (and I assume still is) a thread dedicated to avatar requests.

scalyfreak
2017-05-08, 12:43 PM
A little time consuming, but it worked. Thank you!

Rockphed
2017-05-08, 02:34 PM
As I implied, there really isn't a non-time-consuming way to do it. But you are very welcome. And your new avatar looks nice. Have a nice day.

scalyfreak
2017-05-08, 05:02 PM
It's only time consuming once. Now that I have my perfect avatar there's no need to go through this again, after all.

Unrelated: I noticed you're replying to a lot of threads in this forum and generally just helping people out. Thank you for doing that. Those of us who need the help appreciate it. :smallsmile: