PDA

View Full Version : What is this show?

Starwulf
2017-05-07, 11:58 PM
A while back I remember a show advertising, and it was basically a what if scenario: The germans/nazi's won WW2 and controlled the entire world, and it was decades later(I think it was decades later) and people were trying a last ditch attempt to throw them off. What was it called, and where did it air? Did it make it past season 1?

Joran
2017-05-08, 12:03 AM
A while back I remember a show advertising, and it was basically a what if scenario: The germans/nazi's won WW2 and controlled the entire world, and it was decades later(I think it was decades later) and people were trying a last ditch attempt to throw them off. What was it called, and where did it air? Did it make it past season 1?

Sounds like Man in the High Castle, based on the novel by Philip K. ****.

It's an Amazon original: https://www.amazon.com/The-New-World/dp/B00RSI4WY2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494219751&sr=8-1&keywords=man+in+the+high+castle

I haven't watched it, but Season 2 just completed.

Razade
2017-05-08, 12:03 AM
The Man in the High Castle. Amazon. Yes, it will be getting a third season.

It's based off a Phillip K. **** book of the same name. Only one book.

Starwulf
2017-05-08, 12:07 AM
Sweet, that's it! When I have some extra cash I'll have to sign up for Amazon's tv and check it out(Have Netflix and Hulu atm, can't afford a third subscription at the moment).

Joran
2017-05-08, 12:15 AM
Sweet, that's it! When I have some extra cash I'll have to sign up for Amazon's tv and check it out(Have Netflix and Hulu atm, can't afford a third subscription at the moment).

I have Netflix and Prime and gosh darn it, Runaways may make me pick up Hulu =P

I find Amazon Prime to be the best value, because it comes with 2 day shipping (and I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon) and Prime Music, which has a good number of albums.

The annoying thing about Prime is that it's sometimes difficult to see what is streaming and what's not and some shows are incomplete (looking at you Legend of Korra).