PDA

View Full Version : Ironfang Invasion IC

jamieth
2017-05-08, 08:41 AM
The country of Nirmathas might have only existed for about a century at this point, but the town of Phaendar is almost three times that old, and through all those years its population never risen above half a thousand. Still, even this tiny settlement is one of the largest towns in southern Nirmathas, surviving in the wartorn region due to both having little value in itself, and being impossible to defend (though taking it in the first place would likely be easy).

Naturally, such a place offers little in ways of entertainment - and that is why the two-days Trade Festivals occurring every three months are the major events for the town, drawing not only the farmers and herders from across the Nesmian Planes, but also hunters, woodcutters and prospectors from the nearby Fangwood and Hollow Hills, as well as traders from the larger cities.

The first day of the festival drawing to a close, most locals would retire to their farms and houses - but with the influx of guests raising the population by half again of its regular number, parties are still going around the town’s market Green (calling it market square would be an insult to geometry).

In particular, in the common room of the Taproot Inn, a local celebrity, Aubrin the Green, ex-ranger turned a priestess of the Drunk God, has gathered a, what constitutes a crowd in the place like that - crowd consisting of the inn owner, a half-Shoanti, half-Varisian woman known simply as Jet; a merchant visiting the fair, accompanied with a boduguard; a couple of local farmers; and four individuals of various origins who, at this point, have no idea of their destinies...

“So there I am, thinking, when will I ever be able to talk to a bear again?" Aubrin retells the tales of her earlier exploits with the boastfulnes fitting of a Caidenite, "So before the grizzly can stand back up, I turn to it and say, ‘All I need is the honey. You can keep the bees!’”

The room erupts into laughter as Aubrin finishes her winding story and takes another draught from her tankard.

“But it’s fine now. All’s good. She named a cub after me. Someday I’m going to have to check in on little Ow Oh Gods That’s Too Many Bees.”

Ilorin Lorati
2017-05-08, 07:26 PM
Shannin

Right in the middle of the gathered crowd a grey-haired woman sat rapt with the tale being shared in front of her, cheeks and nose red with the results of draining a mug of ale that sat limply in one hand - possibly empty two or three times. Meanwhile, the other had was shoved into a cooking pot next to her, stiff with a discomfort that she would undoubtedly only notice as she started paying attention to it that was filled, surprisingly meticulously, full of rations.

Having quite obviously completely forgotten about the task of packing gear in her inebriated state, the woman burst out into laughter along with the rest of the crowd; although her own understanding of the story failed to find what was so funny, the laughter itself brought it out of her and left her clapping the mug against her table. Thankfully there was nothing left on it as he task was almost done - the strength hidden underneath her plain robes would quite possibly have knocked whatever was left off.

At the same time, deep in the back of the woman's mind, a voice spoke in a rather embarrassed-sounding tenor, Well, at least she tried. Shannin ignored it. The voice always expressed concern for those around her... though she knew it was often right. The story was a particularly bad one, but for the moment she didn't care: it was time for revelry, not concern for bad comedic taste.

"Elin! Elin, sweetie, m'bout finished with this pack. Pots, pans, rest o'the rations, and... and... wait." Finally pulling her hand around the cooking pot, she made one last adjustment to its contents and looked around. She was missing something...

"...Where's the children's mess kits?"

Hattish Thing
2017-05-15, 01:41 AM
Zachariah Kross:

A fairly unremarkable looking individual sits near one corner of the bustling, well-lit tavern, partially hidden behind a pile of thick textbooks, scrolls, and notes, reading through a particularly dense compendium. The apprentice mage sniffles and takes a sip from a cup of hot cocoa before adjusting a tidy lock of well-groomed, jet-black hair, pulling it out and away, past his unhealthily pale forehead, while almond-shaped eyes of cold and calculating gray peer out at the expansive tavern from behind ornate spectacles of silver and brilliant white porcelain, each soft pink lens sparkling in the flickering firelight. His cold gray eyes would be his most attractive trait, were it not for the many late nights spent without suitable rest, which have caused, over many years, dark circles to manifest beneath Zachariah's prying, bird-like eyes. The apprentice maintains impeccable posture as he sits and reads through his complicated textbook, his slender form perfectly straight and tall as he rests comfortably within the cushioned, well-padded chair.

A plate clatters to the ground across the room, and some man in tattered peasant clothing vomits loudly. The apprentice frowns intensely, disapproval obvious on his snowy, sallow skin as he peers over his book, an expression quite commonly seen on the man's perfect and unblemished wintry skin. Zachariah scowls harshly as the crowd continues to noisily laugh, and jeer, and echo within the tavern, before pulling the book closer to his face and glowering further. In addition to his sunken, penetrating gray eyes, the apprentice evoker possesses a large, hooked nose and curling lips seemingly permanently set to scowl in a nervous sort of fashion, a scowl which only becomes more intense as he attempts, uselessly, to concentrate on the textbook before him despite the incredible noise pervading every inch of the tavern.

Unfortunately, it was far warmer down here than it was in his room, and Zachariah was never one for cold. That, and he thought he'd seen some sort of insect up there by his bed. There was simply no staying up there while something like that was around.

"Ech. Accursed Noise."

--

Zachariah's reasoning aside, he certainly stood out here, while the tavern was so active. The apprentice can be seen clad in flowing, intricately-styled spellcaster's robes of black, lined with shining gold and glittering rows of perfectly polished, jet-black onyx. A perfectly designed mantle of shadowy, charcoal-colored cloth rests upon Zachariah's shoulders, decorated with shimmering gems as black as night. Attached to the glittering ebon mantle, a long, bat-like cloak of jet-colored cloth drapes behind the apprentice, flowing over the chair, the dark shade seeming to swallow up the very light around it as it flows with Zachariah's spidery movements.

Numerous rings of polished jet, glittering obsidian, and expensive-looking black tourmaline adorn his uncomfortably long, thin white fingers, each ring clattering against the table as he reads.

A quarterstaff of highly polished ziricote wood topped with a gaudy onyx gemstone rests against the table.

Desril
2017-05-15, 11:56 PM
Sylvia

Although her outfit was almost certainly similar to what Aubrin's would have been back before she took up the cloth, Sylvia's demeanor couldn't be more different. Though she'd spent the better part of the last decade living in Phaendar, she was still uncertain of what to do around so many people, and she shyly kept to the back of the room and listening to the ex-ranger's story with more confusion than merriment. Judging from the laughter she assumed that the story was supposed to be funny, but she could only think to herself that she'd never seen a bear react well to such a thing and that they tended to be very greedy animals when it came to honey.

And so she find herself lurking on the outskirts of the crowd, too curious and eager to see the travelers and traders to hide away in her own home, but not quite able to fit in well enough to be a part of the mass. And in the end, she finds herself taking a seat opposite of Zachariah. "You look as out of place as I feel. I haven't seen you around, where are you from," she asks trying to make conversation. "Oh, right, introductions. I'm Sylvia."

Hattish Thing
2017-05-16, 12:30 AM
Zachariah Kross:

The apprentice continues to lazily read through his voluminous textbook, much of his pale face obscured by the book's thick, leather, clasped cover. After a few moments, however, his peaceful reading is interrupted.

He grimaces as a stranger takes a seat across the table from him. Zachariah had been hoping that the multiple empty cups of cocoa and coffee, stacks of complicated textbooks in various languages, and piles of crinkled papers would have been enough to dissuade any of the locals from bothering him during his study time, and yet, here this flame-haired newcomer was. The apprentice squints towards Sylvia from behind rose-tinted lenses, his cold gray eyes full of suspicion, a world-worn and wary expression set upon his nervous face.

Zachariah takes a sip from his current cup of hot cocoa before hanging his hooked nose over the tall top of his textbook, his brow furrowed as he addresses the figure at the other side of the book, finding some semblance of safety and comfort in being separated from the outsider by the lengthy tome.

"Erm. P-please, don't... touch anything."

He blinks, frowning uncomfortably as he continues.

"And, um. Z-zachariah Kross. It d-does not surprise me that you do not recognize me, in truth, I am not of these parts. As I imagine ought b-be obvious, my appearance and garb being as they are. I hail from Ustalav."

"I s-suppose here would be where I s-shake your hand. But I'm afraid this would not d-do, as they are stained of ink."

"A-And, ahem, I'd really rather not..."

Oneris
2017-05-16, 06:59 AM
Elin Arisse

Away in a corner, between the approximate distances of 'far enough from the crowd' and 'too far to hear the story', a wan figure swathed in veils stood quietly. She strained towards the laughter, her interest in the speaker apparent, but something kept her from moving close. Then it began, a hacking cough, quietly at first but quickly rising in volume before a swift hand muffled it back down with a kerchief. As the cloth came away, small spots of black were left where her lips had touched the fabric.

The girl looked around frantically to see if anyone had noticed, then shrank back into her corner. This was not the first time Elin Arisse had attempted to approach the celebrated cleric. In fact, if all of her previous attempts were put together, it wouldn’t be inaccurate to say she practically stalks the ranger-turned-priestess. Not for any untoward purpose, of course. She’d just thought that perhaps a person more experienced in the world may have a solution, or at the very least rumors towards a solution to her affliction. Aubryn’s been to so many places; she must have heard something, right?

Of course, first Elin would have to work up the courage to ask. Maybe Shannin, her teacher and the one who pressured her into this tavern, could do it instead – never mind. A quick glance at the older woman vaporized that plans fast as it formed. There’d be no asking from her except “Where’s the lavatory” and “What did I do last night”.

The young woman smiled wanly and moved to help her teacher. Her own troubles can wait a bit more.
“Why, if memory serves me right, and why-ever would it not, they were next to the tinderboxes on the counter. You did remember the tinderboxes, did you?”

Ilorin Lorati
2017-05-16, 08:13 PM
Shannin

Hearing the younger woman describe where the children's mess kits were set down, Shannin digs around in the pack for a moment and quickly pulls out a small box that held the tindertwigs that she decided to bring with her. "Uhhh... here. 'm gunna teach'em how to make an ember pouch all proper-like, so they can keep a fire goin' between campsites."

It took her far more effort to stuff the tindertwigs back into the pack than it did to take them out, but back in they did go - after finally placing the empty mug down on the table to rest and using both hands to wedge the damnable pack open. "Swing by there once we leave and pick'em up. Th' babes' gotta have a place to eat, aye?"

Desril
2017-05-18, 12:23 AM
Sylvia

Cocking her head to the side, Sylvia is vaguely aware that Zachariah's words were intended to be somewhat rude just from his tone, but the particulars of it are lost on her. And besides, the rude ones were usually more interesting if there was any depth to them at all, she'd discovered. "Why are your hands stained with ink? Surely you did not write all of these?"

Hattish Thing
2017-05-18, 01:05 AM
Zachariah Kross:

The scholar glances towards the small inkwell and pen resting upon the stool next time, raising an eyebrow before gesturing towards the journal partially hidden behind the expansive tome before him, set to partially shield the apprentice from the stranger. Zachariah grudgingly, partially lowers the tome before him, revealing the open journal to Sylvia with a look of general awkwardness. Every inch of the leather-clad journal is crammed with delicately-scrawled notations, every line of text impeccably ordered, arranged, and recorded in elegant, concise, and beautiful calligraphic penmanship. Not one letter within the well-worn journal was incorrectly scrawled, his grammar impeccable, and each and every perfect sentence was constructed with a level of accomplished strategy that could rival military commanders and poets alike.

Zachariah lowers the tome shielding him from Shannin entirely now, raising his ink-stained, bare hands up.

"I'm afraid m-most humanoids, generally, are forced to utilize their h-hands whilst undergoing the process of writing, silly girl. My duties as an academic and s-student of the arcane require frequent note-taking, and, unfortunately, ink is r-rather messy. Despite my... distaste of uncleanliness, 't-tis more efficient indeed, to finish that which I must copy, before removing the offending c-contamination."

He frowns at his hands before washing them together and mumbling something incoherent under his breath.

Within seconds, the ink-stains upon his hands have vanished entirely, as if by magic.

"I s-suppose now would be a satisfactory period of d-downtime. I'm afraid with all the n-noise, little is being accomplished. All the d-drinking, singing, talking, ech."

"P-people find such d-distasteful ways in which to waste their time, don't you think?"

Oneris
2017-05-18, 08:25 AM
Elin Arisse

"Madam, I thought my great dislike I have for handling eating implements was known. It's not safe, and they do say a penny of prevention out-worths a crown of care..."

But Shannin had stopped listening again to struggle with a simple packing puzzle a toddler could handle with more ease. Elin sighed, not thrilled by the role reversal.
"Strike that, I'll go retrieve them tonight. The moon's good, and tomorrow's not looking to start off so great..."

Looking at the drink, she wrinkled her nose, then grabbed the emptied cup with a hand wrapped in a clean cloth and walked off towards the door.
"I'm just going to take this. For safety."
It was an eating implement, but pennies and prevention....

Ilorin Lorati
2017-05-18, 12:01 PM
Shannin

"What? No sweetie--I'll swing by there later. I forgot, 's not your problem to fix." The woman looked at her student, obviously confused and forgetful that she had completely missed a word out of her previous statement.

jamieth
2017-05-19, 01:59 AM
"Okay, Cayden strike me down if this isn’t true -" Aubrin stands up and raises her tankard as she readies to start another story, but abruptly stops herhelf, "What's that sound?"

Before anyone can answer, though, the inn's front door shatters - and so does the mug in Aubrin's hand. One could think of it as Cayden's way of protecting his own... but while a tankard could turn aside, or at least slow down, an arrow, ballista bolt is a different thing altogether.

The heavy projectile passes through Aubrin's drink, smashing it to smithereens - and then, just as easily, passes through the ranger-turned-cleric's shoulder, throwing her towards the back wall, and embeds itself in the wall. Inn patrons fall to the floor as on command, trying to hide from the following shots - but the shots don't come. Instead, two bald, green-skinned humaniods appear in the doorframe; clad in leather armor with an insignia of some kind sewn onto the chest, both hold swords in their hands, with longbows on their backs.

http://i.imgur.com/NDN5exE.png

Hobgoblins act on initiative [roll0]

Ilorin Lorati
2017-05-19, 02:40 AM
Shannin

Daughter, the door! Protect them! The voice in her head caught the woman's attention this time, drawing her drunken head up towards the doorway just in time for it to burst open. The grace of the hobgoblins storming into the room was somehow, surprisingly, surpassed by the deftness that they grey-haired woman pushed herself up off her stool, snatching up some scythe whose original owner was probably even more drunk than her as of when it was left behind. Fortunately for her, it was an adequate weapon, because by the time she realized what, exactly, it was... the woman had already gotten between Elin and the greenskins. "Get back!"

Draw weapon, move 2 S - 1 E - 1S if Elin doesn't move, or 2 S - 2 E if she does.

Desril
2017-05-19, 01:50 PM
Sylvia
HP 10
AC 15

The shock of Aubrin being pinned to the wall by a ballista bolt is enough to stun the young druid for a moment, freezing her in place for nearly as long as it takes for the rest of the citizens to duck for cover. Seeing the hobgoblins, however, spurs her into action. Luckily, if the woman by the bar was any indication, it wasn't uncommon for the townsfolk to go anywhere without their farming implements, so no one looked twice at her scythe when she'd walked into the inn with it. Still, she was untested, and not entirely sure of herself given what'd just happened...but this was her town.

Taking the weapon in hand she does her best to be menacing and confident as she calls out to the hobgoblins, "You're going to pay for that!"

Move - Draw weapon
5ft step SW
Intimidate on 1 [roll0]

Oneris
2017-05-19, 06:16 PM
Elin Arisse
HP 7
AC 11 (10 if adjacent to Allies)

The fight or flight response has an oft-forgotten third option- freeze, for when the enemy hasn't yet noticed your presence and may move on peacefully. This was not such a situation, but Elin stood frozen regardless, eyes wide and staring. In her paralyzed mind only one thing was clear: she wanted the green skinned creatures gone. Fortunately, for part of her mind that was enough.

The nearest hobgoblin suddenly found his senses shutting down under a heavy oppressive tiredness, with a taste of treacle lingering in his mouth.

Move:None
Standard: Slumber Hex DC 16 on goblin at the door. Will neg/1round duration

jamieth
2017-05-20, 10:43 AM
Suddenly hit with tiredness, the front hobgoblin rocks from side to side and suddenly collapses in the doorframe; his mate, who clearly didn't expect any kind of resistance, hesitates slightly, hearing the commanding voice from the inside - but still takes his place blocking the door and raises his sword, attempting to make his way through Shannin - but his strike is clumsy, and the woman easily avoid it.

Meanwhile, sounds coming from the outside clearly changed; the festival wasn't exactly quiet in the first place, but now it's not music and laughter coming from the streets, but clinging of steel and cries of pain.

Hobgoblin 1 gets 11 on Will and is asleep for 1 round
Hobgoblin 2 is shaken for 2 rounds; rolls 8 on attack and misses Shannin

http://i.imgur.com/fDDciEj.png

Ilorin Lorati
2017-05-20, 10:55 AM
Shannin "Nin" Dawnhart (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1183916)
F NG Human (Chelaxian) Spiritualist , Level 1, Init 6, HP 10/10, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 2, Will 5, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 0
Scythe +4 (2d4+6, x4)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 9, Wis 16, Cha 7
Condition None

In the back of her mind, two options presented themselves for the woman. First, the sleeping attacker would wake soon, and come to pose a significant threat once more... two, the one still awake was in her face. She had as choice to make, and neither of them would end with her being happy of the outcome.

Neither was the best option... but only one guaranteed a reduced threat to them all. Drawing back, the woman brought the blade of her sickle across the neck of the sleeping hob, seeking to end it right now.

Coup De Grace. Yes, I'm aware of the AoO.

[roll0]

If he lives, then Fort DC 10+ That damage or die anyways.

Hattish Thing
2017-05-20, 12:05 PM
Zachariah:

"As the hobgoblin soldiers march into the tavern, Zachariah forces his gaze away from, what he assumes, is Aubrin's ragdoll corpse, and towards the soldiers. The apprentice quickly looks up and down the soldiers, attempting to identify them properly, before something catches his eye. An infamous insignia. Zachariah squints, desperately trying to recall where he'd seen such an insignia before, but to no avail."

"However, suddenly, one of the hobgoblins falls down to his knees, suddenly asleep. Zachariah stares across the room, searching for the source of the rather obvious magic. Before he can look for long, however, Shannin steps forward with her scythe, bringing it high above, the blade glittering in the light. Zachariah grimaces before shouting towards the stranger with a scythe, concern in his voice."

"W-what are you doing?! He's helple-"

"As the scythe comes down, the hobgoblin is slaughtered unceremoniously. Spatters of the red fluid splash across the room, spraying the apprentice with droplets of the crimson liquid. As the hobgoblin's head rolls about on the floor, Zachariah immediately doubles over, retching towards the corner, the unsightly gore having triggered an unfortunate response within the sheltered wizard."

"Oh g-gods, y-you... you've k-killed him. I'm going t-to... Urgh."

At the same time, he reaches for a scroll at his side.

Oneris
2017-05-21, 05:47 AM
Elin Arisse
HP 7

It took the splash of warm red blood on her cheek to shake Elin out of her stupor. She started and turned her face away from the slaughter-
only to see behind her much the same; slumped the floor, arm and shoulder a mangled ruin, was Aubrin.

"No, no no no. You can't die now, you can't!"
The girl shoved aside tables and chairs rushing to her expected savior's side, but the bolted-down leg of one sent her sprawling to the floor to land with a damp thud in a pool of Caydenite blood. Fortunately, this second encounter with gore did much less to faze her.

"Please open. Open!" Elin pleaded with her bag's catch, but the slippery substance covering her fingers failed to find purchase. With no other recourse, she reached a bloody hand out towards the injured woman's equally bloody shoulder.

Move: to just below Aubrin
Standard: Healing Hex Cure Light Wounds [roll0]

Desril
2017-05-22, 12:02 PM
Sylvia
HP 10
AC 15

As Shanin beheads the sleeping hobgoblin at the door, the suli takes the opportunity to whistle, the noise largely drowned out to human ears by the sounds of combat and screams of pain, but easy enough for its intended recipient to hear and come running.

That was all the time she could spend though, there was still an active threat that had to be dealt with, and with a quick step toward the door, Sylvia shouts a warning for Shanin to duck as she brings her own scythe arching through the opening toward the still standing hobgoblin.

5ft step
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

jamieth
2017-05-22, 01:15 PM
As Shannin raises her scythe for a decisive hit, the still-standing hobgoblin thrusts his sword firward - but the blade clashes with that of a second scythe, timely inserted by Sylvia; and with the remaining opponent neutralized by the druid for a moment, nothing stops Nin from lowering her scythe on the first enemy's, neck, cleanly - for a gruesome, terrifying definition of "clean" - cutting his head away.

Meawhile, Aubrin, the terrible wound in her shoulder not looking much better despite Elin's efforts, but at least not bleeding anymore, slowly stands up, holding to the wall for balance, and listens intently to the sounds coming from outside. "It... it sounds like there’s an army outside the door. How did they fall on us without being seen? These damn plains are so flat you can see an elk from two days off, let alone an army!" she exclaims.

From their viewpoint at the door, Nin and Sylvia can confirm that it's a fair assessment - while the outside is rather dark already, it's not dark enough to hide at least dozens of soldiers running through the Market Green, separating by twos and threes, each group heading to a separate building. Luckily, so far they didn't seem to notice that the group sent to the inn might require reinforcements... or if they did, they don't care.

Shannin CDG's "1"
"2" AoOs Nin, misses
"1" is dead.
Sylvia attacks "2", misses
"2" attacks Sylvia, misses
Aubrin recovers 4 hp and is no longer bleeding
Kal'daka the wolf appears at the battlefield

http://i.imgur.com/1WWWM15.png

Ilorin Lorati
2017-05-22, 02:28 PM
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 2, Will 5, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 0
Scythe +4 (2d4+6, x4)
Condition None

Drawing back her scythe with a spray that the hobgoblin would have probably found satisfying it it had been the one to inflict it, Shannin turns her attention to the living one. Grabbing the handle of the scythe, she leverages it down towards the still living one's head in an attempt to skewer it through the top of its skull.

Attack! [roll0]
Damage! [roll1]

Hattish Thing
2017-05-25, 01:15 PM
Zachariah:

The apprentice finishes retching into the corner, standing up straight finally and quickly wiping tears out of his eyes, the acidic content having caused the liquid to form. Through blurry eyes, Zachariah stares at the ornately detailed and finely crafted scroll before him, a small smile forming subconsciously on his face as he admires the perfect, flowing calligraphic symbols and letters present upon the crackling piece of crumbling arcane text. He quickly adjusts his rose-colored spectacles, his cold gray eyes quickly running over each of the decorative symbols, arcane letters, and magical runes perfectly inscribed onto the battered piece of parchment.

Zachariah glances towards the other hobgoblin now, his deep frown turning into a look of extreme revulsion as he notices the fallen soldier, gore, and blood, and lopped bits of flesh scattered about the corpse.

"N-nethys guide me. I'm no w-war mage."

He closes his eyes deeply, before breathing in deep and focusing entirely on the scroll in his hand. Next, the apprentice grips the scroll with both hands, clearing his throat before speaking the arcane words out loud, his voice crisp, clear, and full of strength, his voice bolstered by the innate magical energies stored within the writing upon the parchment.

http://fontmeme.com/permalink/170525/e7b3c6f6001818986b41c4d249d4db29.png

As Zachariah finishes reciting the arcane text upon the scroll, hundreds of icy blue runes appear around him, swirling about him before joining together and forming a complicated and intricate pattern of runes, assuming the shape of a convoluted suit of armored plate, which immediately sizes itself and sets itself to Zachariah's wiry form.

Now, the spellcaster steps forward, draped in weightless runic armor.

Desril
2017-05-25, 01:42 PM
Sylvia
HP 10
AC 15

Hearing her companion coming, Sylvia barks a quick command, ordering her friend to move into position behind the hobgoblin. She knew that wolves, dire wolves in particular, were seen as threats and had the foresight to train him to defend himself if necessary, although she didn't think their training would be put to the test quite like this.

Still, he knew what to do, and Sylvia did as well. Rather than make a swing of her own in the cramped quarters, the suli instead merely menaced the threat with her scythe, hoping to leave him vulnerable for Shanin's blade to come down on him.

Kal moves to flank with Sylvia and Shanin
Bite [roll0] (+trip [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Sylvia Aids Another on Shanin's attack [roll3]

Oneris
2017-05-26, 12:59 AM
Elin Arisse
HP 7

Elin helps the Caydenite priestess to her feet, unconscious or uncaring that she's far closer to another living being than her self-quarantine would allow.
"Miss Aubrin, can you walk? I've done my best to stop the bleeding, but I'm not sure I can do much more in short order."

The cleric's words had her wondering.
"I recall once a faerie ring nearby in the forest. The Moundhall it connected felt much deeper in the Fangwood than anywhere else I've been. If faeries can travel through mushrooms, maybe goblins can travel through...toads or something...?" She trailed off, and her eyes grew wide with fright.
"Ahh! I-if we're being invaded, do we fight back? Do we run? I don't know what to do! "

She looked over to the door, the greyish-green-skinned figure in the frame multiplied a thousandfold by her renewed terror. Oh, how she wished they could just all disappear.

Move: as far as Aubryn can go, in whatever direction she wants
Standard: Slumber Hex DC 16 on goblin at the door. Will neg/1round duration

jamieth
2017-05-26, 05:16 AM
Second hobgoblin falls to Elin's charm as easily as the first, and that signifies his undoing - surrounded from three sides, a brief moment of drowsiness is enough for the wolf's teeth and two scythes to tear him down.

Aubrin starts slowly making her way towards the door; as Elin asks her question, she shakes her head, "Don't confuse foolishness for bravery, girl; of course we run. But first, we gather everything we can; no point in leaving it to the green bastards. Jet?"

"Of course", the innkeeper nods, "I've some supplies in the backroom", she points at the door in the right side of the room, "and... two traders went to their rooms upstairs early; they must still be there. Someone needs to warn them..."
http://i.imgur.com/cVf7usr.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/5pLReQc.png
A: Oreld's Fine Shop (herbalist)
B: Phaendar Trading Company
C: Riverwood Shrine
D: Taproot Inn <== you're here
E: Phandar bridgeHobgoblin 2 is dead; We're out of combat time currently, but please keep track of positioning.

Ilorin Lorati
2017-05-26, 11:07 AM
Shannin

As this corner of the battle calms, the grey-haired woman finds that whatever joy she had left in the alcohol was entirely gone, replaced by cold sobriety at the pair of corpses and the pool of blood spreading at her feet. Bracing herself with the scythe in one hand and the wall in the other, she takes a step to the side. You did what what needed of you, child. Do not dwell on them. They were still living things, father, and twas my blade that felled them. Yes, but they sought your blood and the blood of those still alive in here by your efforts. Now, let me out so I may help.

The woman straightened up, curling the arm that was against the wall around the scythe and looking at the others. Father, are you sure? They will not understand - they cou--I know, but you'll need the help you can if you are to survive.

The woman's knuckles went white as she looked to Aubrin. "You have one minute to gather your supplies, as I need one minute. Elin, how far is your mule? Bring it here if you can get it."

With her commands out of the way, the woman pulled out a bit of her chalk and went to work. She only hoped there was enough time for this...

Calling Rennas.

Oneris
2017-05-29, 09:11 AM
Elin Arisse

"Hodie's a donkey, and I put him in with the chickens. He's fond of them."

Elin guided Aubrin to a chair, then moved off towards the direction of the back port with her eyes closed against the gore, ignoring the innkeeper's appalled gasp at her donkey's chosen accommodation. She reached the bar by noting the Ow! and rounded the corner to the storeroom door before she paused.

"Oh dear, I do hope nothing worse than a fox will have gotten into the hen house. That would be quite troublesome. Perhaps someone should accompany me?"

Desril
2017-05-29, 01:13 PM
Sylvia

Death was a natural part of life, spending her formative years in the woods taught the suli that lesson clearly, and those who live by fang and claw...or steel, are like to die by the same. So while these hobgoblins were the first humanoid creatures she'd ever fought to the death, she wasn't phased by it in the slightest. But her town was still in danger and given how brazenly these two attacked the tavern there were probably a lot more of them, and that meant to save it she'd need help.

Turning to Elin she quickly jogs over to her side, whistling for her companion to follow as she does, "We'll go with you, but we've got to hurry."

Hattish Thing
2017-05-30, 01:48 AM
Zachariah:

A plethora of highly unpleasant emotions were coursing through the inexperienced apprentice, for although the blood-spattered man's runic armor afforded him some degree of comfort, the appearance of the dire wolf unsettled him further. While the sight of the intimidating creature would regularly be enough to cause the apprentice to break into a panic and rush away, Zachariah maintains a general sort of control over himself, primarily due to shock.

His cold gray eyes glance over towards the pool of trickling blood in the doorway, causing the apprentice to grimace before looking away, searching for some sort of guiding figure. Zachariah was so used to being told what to do, he hardly knew what to do now.

The apprentice finds what he was searching for in Aubrin, and so nods vigorously as she speaks.

"Mm, y-yes, running sounds like an excellent idea, given our current s-situation, what with all the blood, and t-the fires outside, and the circumjacent goblinoids, and, and... Eurgh. T-this place is disgusting. So... So much b-blood. I'm g-going to be sick again..."

"Eck, but now's, now's hardly the t-time, pardon me."

"Running, r-running, yes. M-miss? I n-never got a name from you, atwixt the sanguinary scenery, must have been lost in the panic."

--

Zachariah waits for Aubrin's name for only a few seconds before his eyes widen, and he glances back to the stairs. "A-ah, my belongings. I must collect my pack, afore we're set t-to evacuate. I shall return."

The apprentice draws a scroll before grasping his quarterstaff tightly and rushing up the stairs hurriedly, looking for his room.

Ilorin Lorati
2017-05-30, 02:23 PM
Shannin

Assuming no interruptions, Shannin's work is both quick and intricate, the woman moving to the area between the northern and central table to find enough room for her ritual. Closing her eyes, the woman kneels down and starts focusing on the pattern needed in her mind: a large circle, further divined by a series of lines and other circles.

https://i.imgur.com/u7CV5fB.png

She wasn't sure quite where her understanding of this came from, and she had only made it work one time before... but now was not the time to hesitate; this had to be done. With the image clearly in her head, she put chalk to ground and began each exacting motion needed to bring forth the phantom that haunted her mind.

jamieth
2017-05-31, 02:29 AM
Zachariah

Second floor of the inn provides the welcome change from the chaos of the common room; standing in the windowless corridor, it's not hard to convince oneself that the noise coming from outside is, in fact, nothing more than the too-lively celebrations of the festival. Of course, once Zachariah opens his room to retrieve his belongings, sight from the window casts these illusions away... but didn't Jet say something about two merchants who went to sleep early? in that case, they could quite possibly miss the invasion altogether...

Shannin

Even among all the confusion, common folk knows better than to interfere with the workings of a mage, and soon, the half-transparent figure stands in front of Nin.

Elin and Sylvia

Eager to get away from the common room, Elin swings the door open... and finds herself fate-to-face with another hobgoblin. This one is dressed and armed the same as her two fallen companions, plus the light steel shield; but currently, both the sword and the shield are safelt stored on the goblinoid's back while both her arms are occupied by a rather large wooden barrel. The hobgoblin looks at the witch with surprise for a moment...

Elin gets a first move on the hob; Sylvia still needs to roll initiative. Shannin might join at the PCs' second round.
http://i.imgur.com/z8GShU4.png

Oneris
2017-06-06, 07:57 AM
Elin Arisse

Before opening the kitchen door, Elin called out to the innkeeper with a bit more cheer than she should have
Are there any trinkets of value you'd like us to look out for?

Will edit later
How unexpected. You're neither a donkey nor a chicken.

Standard: Slumber Hex
Move: move behind bar 10 feet in

jamieth
2017-06-08, 04:05 AM
Erin's witchcraft doesn't fail again, and the third assailant succumbs to the slumber, the barrel she held dropping to the floor with a loud *thump* and a splashing heard from the inside.

Hattish Thing
2017-06-11, 01:10 AM
Zachariah

Second floor of the inn provides the welcome change from the chaos of the common room; standing in the windowless corridor, it's not hard to convince oneself that the noise coming from outside is, in fact, nothing more than the too-lively celebrations of the festival. Of course, once Zachariah opens his room to retrieve his belongings, sight from the window casts these illusions away... but didn't Jet say something about two merchants who went to sleep early? in that case, they could quite possibly miss the invasion altogether...

The Apprentice makes his way up the stairs quickly, not wanting to accidentally find himself in front of more of these wicked creatures without any assistance. Adrenaline still courses through the spellcaster, making him a little braver.

So, instead of acquiring his things and rushing back down the stairs, he pauses.

--

Zachariah glances down at the stairs, before turning his head down the hall. He frowns deeply before running a hand through his hair and shaking his head, making a quick decision. He strides down the hall, searching for any sign of the merchants.

"Ah, damn it all. I n-need to get out of h-here. Hello?! Anyone s-still up here?! We need to go, the t-town, it's... Please, there's no t-time."

jamieth
2017-06-12, 06:39 AM
Taproot inn, 2nd floor

"Damn you people! Do you have to be so lous!" a sleepy and annoyed voice sounds from behind one of the doors. "We've to get up early tomorrow, the road isn't waiting!" the voice from the next room over agrees.

1st floor

With the last hobgoblin out of commission, by whatever means, Jet and Aubrin start considering the most likely needs of the group; "Everything edible; no point in leaving it to the hobs - that last one went after the water, good thing the barrel's safe... there's a lockbox on the top shelf, a traveling juggler forgot it some time ago, no idea what's inside, but you can check - might be something useful..."

Ilorin Lorati
2017-06-13, 12:02 AM
Shannin... and Rennas

The ritual was over before she felt like she had even started, the chalk placed down on the ground lighting up into a burst of purple smoke, trailing its way around her before settling down into the solidified form of a barely formed, though still obviously human, man.

Waiting for a response, however, is not something he had in mine. Even as Shannin opened her mouth to greet the man, he had already started to stride open the stairs, to the voices of the wizard and the ornery merchants. "The morning will not come for you if you do not rise, gentlemen! The town is under attack, we must make haste to retreat!"

"Father, do not scare them! Wake them and get them moving, we have to collect supplies and leave!" Whilst she argued with the old ghost, Shannin started searching the corpses of the pair that she had killed. At best, there would be plans... even if she couldn't read them. At worst, some supplies.

Desril
2017-06-13, 12:08 AM
Sylvia

As the hobgoblin falls, the suli casually strides over to it and swings for its neck with her scythe, looking almost as if she's just mowing a blade of grass as she goes for the creature's throat. "We need answers but that ballista means there's more of them and we have no time for prisoners."

Hattish Thing
2017-06-18, 01:52 AM
Taproot inn, 2nd floor

"Damn you people! Do you have to be so lous!" a sleepy and annoyed voice sounds from behind one of the doors. "We've to get up early tomorrow, the road isn't waiting!" the voice from the next room over agrees.

Zachariah frowns deeply as he listens to the voices down the hall, tapping his foot impatiently for a moment before glancing over his shoulder. He could leave now, and no one would notice. What if, at this instance, hobgoblins were getting ready to burn down the entire inn?

Every second spent trying to convince these idiots of the apocalypse taking place just outside their very rooms was a second that the invasion force outside took advantage of.

--

The Apprentice attempts once more, his conscience driving him.

"P-please, there's no time. People are d-dead. We need to leave, right n-now, I won't ask again, hurry!"

jamieth
2017-06-18, 04:30 PM
Taproot inn, main room

"That's one thing we don't lack around here", Aubrin nods, "Hobgoblins. Don't worry about wasting one... and yes, we should move. Everyone who can't fight, stay near me..." the ex-ranger commands to the in patrons, "And what's the wizard doing? Could anyone tell him there's no time... and fetch those merchants, as well, would be a shame to leave them in the hobgoblins' hands!"

Oneris
2017-06-19, 10:17 PM
Elin Arisse

Elin stepped over the erstwhile thief and stared past the former back door at the carnage that reigned outside. The Hobgoblins had done foul work to the village as far as the eye could see, but this intruder in particular seemed to hold the provisions with far more care than her kind had for the rest of town. The coop and its inhabitants were near whole.

Taking care to keep the animals from crying out, she cajoled the donkey and its friends from their hiding place and into the ransacked kitchen. Thank goodness all the rest of their possessions were safe. She should hide things in chicken coops more often.

"Please, can more of you assist with carrying what we may? I don't feel in the best...condition...for handling foodstuffs." She coughed a bit to make her point.

jamieth
2017-06-20, 03:57 PM
Taproot Inn
Main room

"Sure mam, won't want to leave anything to those hobs!" one of the peasants nods readily.

Second floor

"OK, enough with your jokes already!" the annoyed voice is heard through the door, "They're not funny in the first place!"

Ilorin Lorati
2017-06-26, 02:16 PM
Shannin

Shannin furrows her brow and starts up the stairs. "I'll collect em. Father, you help get goods."

Once she reaches the top, she wastes no time putting her shoulder to the door the doorway so she could get the attention of the merchants inside, immediately shouting "YA DAFT? Yer gonna die if ya dun come! Come on, look downstairs!" When the shoulder fails to open the door, she takes a step back and tries to kick it in, putting her weight behind her foot.

Take 10 on a Str check to break the door. When that fails, a second attempt is made.

[roll0]

Hattish Thing
2017-06-27, 12:56 AM
Zachariah:

The apprentice frowns intently before shaking his head and glancing down the stairs, his confidence vanishing quickly. He glances down the hall and notices torches across the streets of the small town, through a window.

His cowardly nature takes ahold of him, smothering his more moral side.

--

"Mm. G-great Grandfather always t-taught me, n-never to help someone if they w-won't help themselves." He shakes his head before turning away, feeling a tad guilty as he abandons the others.

Once he finds himself down the stairs, he stumbles a little, pulling a scroll from his pack and speaking.

"W-we need to leave."

It was good that Zachariah left out what else his Great Grandfather used to say, after the statement he quoted earlier...

Oneris
2017-06-29, 07:18 AM
Elin Arisse
Between the ever growing commotion upstairs and outside Elin's nerves were getting terribly frazzled. It's a wonder she hasn't yet passed out herself. Maybe the hobgoblins were doing the fainting for her? How considerate of them, given that if she lost consciousness during this mayhem her fate would surely be the same as theirs.

When the rather nebbish scholar near fell down the stairs muttering about leaving the traders to their fate, Elin took advantage of her miraculously clear head to petition the innkeeper for her assistance.

"Mistress Jet, perchance your good authority could rouse these men from their willful ignorance? Surely they'll heed your voice, if not of we strangers. Or perhaps you have a master key you may employ instead, or I fear dear Shan will resort to breaking down your precious doors soon!"

jamieth
2017-06-30, 02:26 PM
"Ugh", the innkeeper shakes her head, "Though I got my mind back after that horror... seems I haven't yet. Should have thought of that myself..."

Heading to the second floor, she knocks at the doors and calls, "Master Farrow, Master Clidon - if you don't open the windows - and the doors - this very minute, I swear by Abadar I'll order them broken down - and put the repairs on your tabs!"

Is it the unorthodox nature of this threat, or the fact that it comes from the one with the power to actually do so, but Jet's words actually do snap the merchants of their denial. At first, there are angry noises heard from behind the doors... that quickly turn into swears and cries of fear as the merchants, apparently, witness the state of the town for themselves.

And, indeed, before the minute pass, both men appear from their respective rooms - one of them carrying a large bag over his shoulder. "My travel supplies", he explains, "NOthing wrong with your kitchen, mistress, but I'd rather save the coin... proved useful, too, isn't it? When we get out of town... how will we get out of town, anyway?"

Desril
2017-06-30, 04:47 PM
Sylvia

While the others were dealing with issues on the second floor, Sylvia was carefully looking out the door and getting a feel for the situation before calling out for those who'd helped deal with the initial attackers. "We need to take the bridge! Once we do that, people can get out of town, there's no point in doing anything until we've got an escape route!"

Anyone paying attention might notice her white-knuckled grip on her scythe, furious that the hobgoblins were attacking the place she'd slowly started to think of as home, but not foolish enough to think she could take them all on alone. Still, she had to do something.

Ilorin Lorati
2017-07-03, 02:21 PM
Shannin

The woman gives a worried, still half-drunken scowl at the two merchants that finally decided to join the party, "There's no forgettin' things this time. Make sure ya got what ya need, dunno when we can come back."

With that out of the way, she notes Sylvia's comments and nods in agreement; "Aight folk we got one chance ta get outta here. I'll bring up the front. Mule, merchants, and spellcasters in the middle. Pah, in the back. Elin, keep yer eyes out for the rest of us and get em out of trouble if ya kin. Silvia, we get th' bridge and hold it till the kids can escape. Everyone else, keep each other alive first, help others second. Ain't no point losin' yer life trying to save someone else's. We leave in thirty, pick up what ya can and move!"

She doesn't waste and of her own time, rushing downstairs and tying up her pack so she could load it up onto the mule. She only hoped that the children would be able to make it out okay...

jamieth
2017-07-11, 09:59 AM
"Don't be ridiculous, girl", Aubrin replies sharply. "Take the bridge, possible - even necessary, in any case. Hold it? Impossible. The hobs know of it's importance as well as we do, and they have numbers, and siege machines. I reckon it'll take them a minute or two to organize a proper assault, and that's how long we'll be able to hold the bridge. So we need to gert as many people as possible ready to cross it in that short while, then flee ourselves. Preferably, bring the thing down as we do; we'll be deep in Chernasardo by the time they'll manage to makeshift a crossing."

Desril
2017-07-19, 04:35 PM
Sylvia

"So then what do you want us to do? Leave everyone here on their own while we go and fight our way through an army before getting anyone out?! At least if we take the bridge now we can escape! How are we even supposed to know where other survivors might be in this if we even tried?!"

Ilorin Lorati
2017-07-19, 05:37 PM
Shannin

Shannin furrows her brow, listening to the complaint and retort. She had forgotten that others in the village were not as strong or as capable as her - an unfortunate side effect of the situation she had found herself in. Looking down at the glowing form of her father, she stays silent; he, however, does not: "Find them."

Oneris
2017-07-19, 07:59 PM
Elin Arisse
The commotion having for the most part died down, Elin Arisse retreated back into the corner. She'd done her best to pack all the items they salvaged onto the mule, and what couldn't fit onto the mule she made carrying harnesses for out of ropes. Thus she and the other inn-habitants were outfitted and they awaited the decision of what to do next.

But it seemed no decision was forthcoming, and as the seconds ticked b she couldn't help but notice the dots of flame in the distance slowly creep closer. Finally she could no longer keep quiet.
"Er-if I may, if one of our goals is to deny them spoils and to supply ourselves for the harsh journey ahead, would it not be wise to begin with the places where the most valuable goods are kept? The trading post will surely be most valuable to the invaders, and thus most strategic to claim for ourselves first."

jamieth
2017-07-21, 03:57 AM
"If we're talking supplies, trading post would be the most obvious place", Aubrin nods, "As for the people... in times of danger, people who can't protect themselves usually turn to stone walls and divine protection. And the shrine has both, so it's a place worth checking..."

Ilorin Lorati
2017-07-23, 01:05 AM
Shannin. Sorta.

The woman quietly came downstairs as the ghost turned towards Aubrin. "There is no point to bothering with the supplies if we cannot make sure the living whom would use them are safe. We needs must take the shrine first, and only then should we double back to the trading post. The people of this village know how to survive in the wilderness if we cannot do the latter."

Oneris
2017-07-28, 03:40 AM
Elin Arisse
"Oreld always said that injuries left untreated were as dangerous as marauding orcs, maybe even worse with their false sense of security."Elin thought of her friend sadly. He had been kind to her as she struggled through her illness, offering employment and even potential cures. They hadn't worked, of course, but he hadn't the temerity to try and spin her curse as a blessing. It would be a tragedy if he would be lost, made irrecoverable if Aubryn succumbed as well to her wound.
"I'm sure he can provide us with more reliable healing. We can't afford to lose anyone we already have. "

Desril
2017-07-28, 03:47 AM
Sylvia

"Well we don't have time to sit around arguing, we'll split up. I'll go with you to grab Oreld, and we can meet the two of you," she says with a glance toward Shannin and Zachariah, "At the shrine. If something goes wrong, meet back here. Once we have everyone we can try to hit the trading post and get out of here."

jamieth
2017-07-28, 12:12 PM
Oreld’s Fine Shop

Elin and Sylvia, accompanied by Kal’daka, head left from the inn, towards the shop belonging to Vane Oreld, alchemist and apothecary. The place is obviously far from fine; the front door stands ajar, and a trail of bloody boot prints lead inside…

http://i.imgur.com/ZwDoy6r.png

Riverwood Shrine

Shannin, in the company of Rennas and with Zacharias in tow, warily approach the roughly-octagonal building of worship; there are no hobgoblins nearby, not as long as they can see - but hobgoblins aren’t the only creatures people of Phaendar have to concern themselves with tonight. In front of the shrine itself, and keeping the nearby house that serves as a dwelling to Father Noelan in his sight, stands a wolf. At first sight, it might be confused with the Sylvia's companion, but this canine's fur is slightly darker... the druid's not the only one who has a pet woilf around here, it seems.

Hobgoblins are known to train wolves as guard animals. Of course, that must mean there’s still something, or someone, to guard here… but the human body lying in the doors of the shrine proves that for some, it is too late already.

http://i.imgur.com/1t3O9fL.png

Ilorin Lorati
2017-07-29, 01:43 AM
Shannin

Shannin and Rennas each look quietly at the other as they come into view of the wolf, the young woman wrapping her grip around the makeshift weapon in the farmer's scythe as Rennas starts making a large circle around the thing. Once he leaves her reach, the woman starts towards the wolf, being careful to keep between it and her charge in the form of Zachariah.

Rennas moves directly SW. Shannin moves 3W, 2SW

Oneris
2017-08-03, 12:39 AM
Elin Arisse

Elin drew in a sharp breath at the sight of the footprints, then slowly exhaled in shaky relief. There were no prints yet leading out, and no doubt any that do would bear more blood than those leading in. The intruder was still inside, which meant there was still something worth saving left. "Er, hobgoblins are friendly to wolves, right? Maybe if we send your pet in, we can catch the intruder by surprise?"

Perception(Listen): [roll[1d20+8[/roll]

Desril
2017-08-03, 03:38 AM
Sylvia

"What? I don't know, I'm not putting him in harm's way though," she whispers back quickly while listening closely at the door.

Perception [roll0]

Hattish Thing
2017-08-03, 12:17 PM
Zachariah Kross:

Zachariah follows the strangers during the short journey to the Riverside Shrine. For the most part, the foreign spellcaster keeps to himself, clutching his scroll cases close as he carefully nears the destination, a mortified expression on his face as he glances about the rest of the town, flames rising over homes in the distance, siege engines rolling onto the streets that had been so quiet not long ago.

On the way, the apprentice strides closer and closer to Shannin, finding some semblance of comfort in being so close to someone who appeared to be a far more capable a warrior than he. Zachariah speaks quietly as he follows, constantly turning his head to look about nervously, quite unsure of himself. "Y-You know, something s-seems very off about this entire s-situation."

As he's moving ahead, Zachariah reaches into his sleeve, pulling on a small golden chain. The wizard pulls an interesting clockwork trinket from within the depths of his robe, before tapping the front of the device and turning a small dial on the side, causing a system of small gears to tap into place. The wizard then reaches up to the complicated, multi-lensed spectacles he wears, before pressing down on a button, causing several of the lenses covering his right eye to align, allowing him better eyesight.

He glances down with his enhanced vision at the small markings carved into the interesting clockwork trinket he'd purchased during his time in Alkenstar, before shaking his head nervously, placing the pocket-watch back in his sleeve, and taking out a small pad of parchment. "N-No, something is quite off! There must be an e-explanation to our attacker's m-miraculously expedient i-incursion! Be it m-magical, or based upon the more practical s-sciences. I m-must run some calculations."

The spellcaster conjures forth an inkpen into existence with the flick of his wrist and the waggle of a few gloved fingers. He begins to rapidly run a slew of complicated mathematical equations, growing more and more frustrated as the numbers simply fail to add up. "N-No, it just doesn't make any s-sense. The invasion force was s-stabilized so quickly, the level of organization r-required to even... T-They arrived so quickly, and w-without warning. With s-siege engines, even, no s-spell that I can recall allows for the s-sudden appearence of a l-large invasion force s-such as this, s-siege engines and all!"

"H-How can we hope to oppose a f-force capable of such a rapid, and s-sudden assault?"

jamieth
2017-08-03, 02:20 PM
Riverwood Shrine

Wolf keeps looking at Shannin as she approaches, ignoring the ghostly apparition circling it, all the way until the woman comes to within 2 steps of the shrine's deck; then, the animal crouches down, readying for a lunge...

http://i.imgur.com/YADKDYB.png
All PCs can act now

Oreld's fine shop

There's a sound of moaning coming from inside the door - of the hurting kind, not the other one - and heavy steps; so signs of fighting, though.

Silvia approaches and peeks inside - to see a man lying on the floor just behind the door. At least he's still alive, judging by his ability to moan...

Worse, the one who - most likely - drove Oreld (for Silvya recognizes the man on the floor as the shop's proprietor) to this condition is still inside as well.
This hobgoblin isn't quite the same as the rank-and-file soldiers they faced before; his armor seems thinner and lighter, and instead of a sword, he carries a mace - and his chest is crossed with two leather belts carrying what looks like alchemical supplies.

Luckily, right now the foe is busy with inspecting the door leading from the shop into the backrooms...

http://i.imgur.com/3Z8z6x7.png
Stealth DC 15 gives you a surprise round; otherwise, hob will act at init [roll0]

Ilorin Lorati
2017-08-03, 04:51 PM
Scythe +4 (2d4+6, x4)
Condition None
Rennas (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1184714)
NA NG Outsider (Phantom) Outsider, Level 1, Init 2, HP 12/12, Speed
AC 14, Touch 14, Flat-footed 12, CMD 16, Fort 3, Ref 2, Will 2, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Slam (2) +2 (1d6, x2)
(+2 Dex, +2 Misc)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 13
Condition None

~Earlier~

The woman tries her damnedest to ignore the panicking wizard, letting him get out his frustrations as long as he doesn't get too loud or start bringing attention to either of them as they try to move from place to place. When he starts talking about not having any hope, however, the woman's calm cracks. Stopping and turning around sharply, she pulls him into a shaded corner and puts a finger on his lips. "That's cos we ain't gunna. What we gunna do is find oua folk an' high-tail it outta heah asap. What we gotta do fo'dat is ta keep our heads down, mouths shut, 'n' eyes out. I'll get ya outta heah alive, but ya gotta do that for me, uhkay?"

~Now~

The phantom and its master both look at each other in the split second the wolf bares its fangs, turning back to face the beast whilst charging into what was sure to be the most epic of battles with the beast.

Shannin is much more reckless than the ghost of her father, charging directly at the beast and swinging downward, landing off to the side from sheer lack of experience with the weapon. Rennas himself is much more cautious, moving in towards the beast and using his nature to try and strike and scare the beast to give her another chance.

Shannin charges in towards the wolf (ending just NE of it); Rennas moves 4W/1NW and performs an Opening Strike (http://archivesofnethys.com/PhantomFocusDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Kindness).

S. Attack: [roll0]
S. Damage: [roll1]

R. Attack: [roll2]
R. Damage: [roll3]

If the Opening Strike is successful:

S. Attack: [roll4]
S. Damage: [roll5]

Hattish Thing
2017-08-04, 02:03 AM
Zachariah Kross:

~Earlier~

The apprentice wizard doesn't respond audibly to the spiritualist as she pulls him aside. Instead, the wizard reaches up to turn a dial upon his spectacles, retracting the numerous lenses lined up, before nodding gravely and sighing deeply. After a few seconds spent gathering courage, Zachariah continues forward, drawing close to Shannin, but not too close. In truth, he was quite off-put by her peculiar guardian.

However, Shannin may notice the spellcaster's cold, gray eyes staring into the back of her head as she walks forward.

--

~Now~

As Zachariah follows close to Shannin, he quietly looks over the spectral figure accompanying her. Great-Grandfather had spoken once of mystical beings capable of harnessing strange, mental magics that acted more as mind-boggling phenomena than arcane or divine spells. He briefly recalls Great-Grandfather explaining that a particular branch of these strange, mental spellcasters were capable of manifesting bizarre, ethereal forms of deceased individuals close to them. These spellcasters were known as Spiritualists.

Zachariah remembers his Great-Grandfather stating that debilitating emotional attachments during life, or other psychic corruptions could cause spirits to drift into the Ethereal Plane and descend toward the Negative Energy Plane, and that some of these spirits are able to escape the pull of undeath and make their way back to the Material Plane, seeking refuge in a psychically attuned mind. Such a fusing of consciousnesses creates a spiritualist—the master of a single powerful phantom whom the spiritualist can manifest to do her bidding.

These powerful entities only manifested within particularly unusual minds...

--

As he recalls this information, Zachariah begins to hang back a little bit more, until, by the time the pair reach their destination, the spellcaster is quite a few feet behind. As the wolf appears, and combat begins with the creature, Zachariah begins to panic slightly.

Blood spatters about as the fight continues, and in a sudden flash of aggression sparked by fear, the apprentice raises a hand up. With his other, Zachariah covers quite a large section of his face, not wanting to fully bear witness to whatever might occur to the creature after his spell completed. With his outstretched hand, the apprentice creates a peculiar, sparkling purple glyph in the air just before him, which twinkles with light. Several runes appear on the outside of the floating glyph, before spinning around the glyph at an astounding speed.

His precise movements were perfect, and the incantation muttered under his breath was entirely accurate. However, the spellcaster stumbles slightly as he casts, causing him to let out a small gasp as he casts, interrupting the incantation slightly.

Suddenly, a jolt of glittering pink light bursts from the purple glyph. Smoke flashes, and sparks fly, before the jolt of pink energy crashes through the air, striking the wolf with supernatural accuracy.

--

As the jolt of pink energy strikes the target, blood-spatters about, and a small, unhealthily malicious smirk appears on Zachariah's face, so unlike his usual nervous scowl. In fact, he bristles with a sickly sort of confidence as his spell strikes the beast down.

"That was... s-satisfying..."

Desril
2017-08-04, 05:20 AM
Sylvia
HP 10
AC 15

Realizing the hobgoblin hadn't heard them, Sylvia motions toward Elin with a jerk of her head to alert her to the threat and have her get ready to go. Without another word, she quickly dashes forward, scythe trailing behind her to fit through the door as she hops over the unconscious shop keep, before swinging it in a horizontal arc in an effort to cleave into the enemy soldier.

Sylvia charges [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

....and that is a critical threat with a scythe (1d20+6)[22]
Crit damage (6d4+9)[25]

Total of 31 damage

Kal moves into postion, following into the shop but can't attack because you only get a standard action in a surprise round, so he's in the square north of hobbo.

jamieth
2017-08-04, 07:08 AM
Riverwood shrine

The wolf might be faster in a race, but Shannin, approaching him, is ready for a lunge - and it gives her the edge. She pretends to slow down - and then rushes forward, scythe at the ready. But such a sudden change of pace throws her timing off as well, and the first swing goes wide as the woman reajusts to the inertia of her weapon.
That mistake might have cost her dearly - but just as the wolf prepares to bite her, Rennas storms from the other side and slams the ectoplasmic fist into the animal's side. Startled by the ghostly touch, wolf turns around to see the new enemy - giving Shannin the precious short moment to turn the trajectory of the scythe back and leave a deep cut on the wolf's belly.

And if that would still allow the wotlf to fight back, Zachariah's missile of force settles the deal, throwing the wolf down. He doesn't attempt to raise anymore.

Meanwhile, from her new position Shannin gets a look inside the shrine - a look she might soon regret. Inside looks like a battlefield... and the only creature moving on this battlefield is a hobgoblin. This one is lightly armored, and instead of a sword, armed with a battle axe - axe that is currently deeply lodged in the wooden statue of Erastil on the alter.

Letting go of the axe, the hobgoblin pulls a fancy-looking longbow from her back and turns towards the door, dropping to her knee, aiming and letting the arrow fly in a single smooth motion. The arrow misses Rennas by inches.

Wolf is down
Hobgoblin "S" shoots at Rennas: 13 is miss.
it is now party's turn.
http://i.imgur.com/Oxni2ip.png

Oreld's Fine shop

Catching the hobgoblin by surprise, Sylvia swings her scythe in a wide horizontal ark. It's a masterful stike, putting all the weight of the druid's body into the blade's path and separating the hobgoblin's torso from his legs in one motion so cleanly that his legs keep standing for several seconds after.

Hobgoblin "T" is now dead.
http://i.imgur.com/zpHPlSi.png

Ilorin Lorati
2017-08-04, 04:14 PM
Scythe +4 (2d4+6, x4)
Condition None
NA NG Outsider (Phantom) Outsider, Level 1, Init 2, HP 12/12, Speed
AC 14, Touch 14, Flat-footed 12, CMD 16, Fort 3, Ref 2, Will 2, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Slam (2) +2 (1d6+1, x2)
(+2 Dex, +2 Misc)
Condition None

If Shannin hears the wizard's mildly sociopathic exclamation, the girl doesn't say anything towards him about it or even make any motions to give away a reaction to his apparent love of violence, instead keeping her attention on the hobgoblin inside. "Damn... Ah think it's killed em all. Father?" The girl looks over to the Phantom, who merely nods and heads in first; the girl stays behind him, using the ectoplasmic being as cover against the hobgoblin.

Rennas moves 1NW and then 5N. Shannin stays directly southhim. If there's nothing hostile closer once they move inside, they'll both move again towards the Hob; otherwise, they'll move towards whatever is closest. Shannin will, of course, keep behind Rennas as cover.

Hattish Thing
2017-08-04, 11:04 PM
Zachariah Kross:

The apprentice lets out a few awkward laughs as he waves smoke out of the air, before staring forward at the unconscious animal. He pats dust off his expensive looking jet black robes, ensuring that his numerous scrolls remained intact.

Zachariah breathes a sigh of relief, before frowning a tad.

--

"Mm. I've n-not properly t-tested these spells against living t-things. Perhaps I ought t-to have done so p-prior to setting out upon this d-damned expedition."

"S-Still. It went well, I t-think. Just a d-dog after all."

The spellcaster stutters, before smiling a little, revealing painfully white teeth.

--

However, as he notices the others beginning to move into the shrine, Zachariah winces. He had hoped this brief clash with the wolf was the last of his troubles. Still, with the strange one and her... curious companion marching through the front door attracting attention, the spellcasters comes up with a small strategy. Zachariah begins to move quickly with the help of his beautifully-crafted quarterstaff.

The spellcaster moves towards the door closest to him, all the while muttering an incantation under his breath, knowing that, at any moment, he may be forced to properly utilize the incantation.

[OOC: Moving 60-Feet to the Side-Door.]

Oneris
2017-08-07, 01:29 AM
Elin Arisse
"He's a wolf, he'll be much safer than, say, me." But nonetheless, she crept forward to the door and peeked through just as Sylvia charged inside, blade flashing.

For the second time that day, Elin found herself awash with spurting arterial fluid as the creature before her split like an overripe tomato. The hot liquid stung her eyes and metallic tang her nose, and she really needed to learn to keep her mouth closed these days. Though she had weathered the first incidence of being covered in gore quite well, it seemed that either the adrenaline has worn off or the reality of the situation settled in, and she collapsed to the floor coughing and retching until the tears cleared the blood from her eyes.

And saw before her a pair of unsettlingly familiar leather boots covered in a repulsive mixture of watery red and black. "Or-hrak!-rhel. Hol'...on"

Move: 5ft West to Door
Heal Hex CLW CL1: [roll0]

jamieth
2017-08-09, 03:32 AM
Oreld's fine shop

Erin's magic flows into the shop's owner, and he sits upright; now that he's actually moving, Erin can see his legs and arms are bound by iron manacles.

"Thank you..." Oreld says, "That hob wanted me a prisoner, it seems", he raises his bound hands, "Not sure if that would be better than death. Now... let's get the others out and get out of here." He blinks, gathering his thoughts together, "Right. Others. I hid people who were nearby in the cellar... trapdoor is under the rug in the vack room, you'll find it easily... but be careful, I set up a little surprise behind the door, there's a presurizer ready to spray some acid on anyone who opens it too fast...

Riverwood shrine

As Rennas rushed inside the shrine, the second enemy reveals itself. Another hobgoblin, this one rank and file just like the others they dealt with today, is waiting behind the doors, ready to attack whoever enters. His sword slashes into Rennas's ectoplasmic flesh, tearing it apart despite the phantom not being material in the strictest sense.

Hobgoblin readied attack on first who enters; 16, 7 damage rolled in OOC. Slashing beats Rennas's DR, IIRC. So far, both Rennas and Nin have a standart action left
http://i.imgur.com/qilwEWq.png

Ilorin Lorati
2017-08-09, 07:51 PM
Scythe +4 (2d4+6, x4)
Condition None
NA NG Outsider (Phantom) Outsider, Level 1, Init 2, HP 5/12, Speed
Slam (2) +2 (1d6+1, x2)
(+2 Dex, +2 Misc)
Condition None

Shannin and Rennas both turn to attack the hobgoblin that "appeared". "Hol' on, father; we'll clean'm out an' I'll heal ya."

Second verse same as the first. Shannin attacks the Hob; Rennas performs an Opening Strike against it.

S. Attack: [roll0]
S. Damage: [roll1]

R. Attack: [roll2]
R. Damage: [roll3]

If the Opening Strike is successful:

S. Attack: [roll4]
S. Damage: [roll5]

jamieth
2017-08-11, 01:20 AM
Ironwood Shrine

It is studying the Nyrmathas campaign of 4717 that led the military theoretics to drastically reevaluate the role of the scythe on the battlefield, resulting in more traditional weapons like swords and spears being deemed obsolete and replaced by the newest advance in the haft-and-blade implement in the hands of soldiers Golarion-wide over the next century...

OK, maybe not. But in the hands of Sylvia and Shannin, scythes prove deadly efficient again and again, cutting through hobgoblins' armor with ease.

But, disregarding his wound, the soldier blocks Rennas's punch with his shield and, eager to remove at least one threat - and, likely, having little illusions about his chance of surviving - raises his sword again.

This time, however, phantom's unique constitution proves more of a challenge for the blade; even though the sword passes through Renna's form, Nin's father doesn't appear disturbed by it.

Meanwhile, the archer quickly nocks and lets fly a second arrow, before dropping her bow and pulling the axe out of the statue - and if not for Rennas, that arrow would've stroke true. Phantom's presence, however, messes with the arrow's path as it swerves to the right, flying past...

Nin hits, deals 13 damage
Opening Strike misses
Nin's bonus attack didn't happen

Archer shoots Nin, deals 7 damage (unless you have a counter?)

Ilorin Lorati
2017-08-19, 07:49 PM
S&R

The pair continues their assault.

Shannin attacks the Hob. If it dies, she moves to just south of the one up north.

Hit:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If it is already dead, he moves to just east of the north hob then Opening Strikes.
If it is not already dead, Rennas Opening Strikes. If this kills it, he moves to the aforementioned location.

Hit:[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

If Opening Strike hits and Shannin is in range:

Hit: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]