PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Duskblade muticlass gish Build

Nosta
2017-05-08, 05:08 PM
I want a gish that can arcane channel some really nasty touch spells
like shivering touch. what would be a good build for this

Doctor Awkward
2017-05-08, 05:15 PM
My Group of Friends all think multiclass/Gestalt Duskblades can not channel spells from there other list. and I know I've see plenty of builds on here that rely just on that.

so I'd like to know if you really can and if so,were can I prove this to my Group of fellow players/DMs

Arcane Channeling says "any touch spell you know", not "any touch spell from the duskblade spell list."

If you have levels in a spellcasting class, then any spells in your spellbook or that you have selected as a spell known are spells you know.

Nosta
2017-05-08, 05:40 PM
ok that's what I though.

Got Another question up top

barakaka
2017-05-08, 05:55 PM
Another option is supplementing your spells known by use of something like the Drake Helm (lets you take from other spell lists).
Get a greatsword and pick up a Triple Weapon Capsule Retainer (Complete Adventurer), Hilt Hollow, Wand Chamber and Oil Chamber (all Dungeonscape). I'd make it a +1 and attach a Weapon Augment Crystal (Magic Item Compendium) of Witchlight Reservoir/Energy Assault: Cold if you want more burst damage.

Also scrolls count as you casting the spell, so if you can get UMD or dip a few levels for Binder (bind Karsus) then conceivably you'd be able to channel that.

Edit: Oh, this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?522377-Wraith-Strike-on-Duskblade-without-BAB-loss) points out some options available to you. There's a rules argument about scrying somewhere deeper in the thread, so be careful where you tread.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-05-08, 06:26 PM
Duskblade 3/Anything full-casting 17 works just fine. Or Ur-Priest; Ur-Priest is certainly the most potent option, as it so often is. Duskblade 13/Ur-Priest 7 is pretty fierce; 18 BAB, full channeling, and 4th level arcane and 7th level divine spells.