PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dwarf Aasimar: The perfect being of Law and Goodness?

bunnynoah
2017-05-14, 09:06 PM
Hello people of the playground!

I've wanted to play as an Aasimar-born Dwarf for the longest time now, but I have a few questions about them:

1. How common are they? Would it be like the black sheep among the black sheep?

2. How would you roleplay as one? A believable backstory? And a class that isn't a Paladin?

Thank you for your insight, guys!

Edit: I should mention that all Aasimar have the same stats, regardless of mundane race (Except maybe for size, a Halfling Aasimar would be small... probably)

Corran
2017-05-14, 09:29 PM
I dont believe you can do that, as both dwarf and aasimar are different races. What you could do however, is to substitute the aasimar part with favored soul. That is, to play a dwarf favored soul sorcerer.

bunnynoah
2017-05-14, 09:35 PM
Yes you can, any humanoid race can have celestial blood in them. They look mostly like the non-celestial parent race with some heavenly features mixed in.

Naanomi
2017-05-14, 11:00 PM
Historically, planetouched races have the same stats regardless of their humanoid parent race

bunnynoah
2017-05-14, 11:05 PM
^Yes, I mentioned that in my edit.

I was wondering about a realistic backstory and class options.

Regitnui
2017-05-14, 11:58 PM
Battlerager Barbarian. A holy ball of spiny death, who devotes his life to his country.

bunnynoah
2017-05-15, 09:20 AM
^That sounds interesting. But aren't barbarians chaotic?

nickl_2000
2017-05-15, 09:25 AM
^That sounds interesting. But aren't barbarians chaotic?

Nope, alignment restrictions on classes isn't a thing in 5e

bunnynoah
2017-05-15, 09:29 AM
Nope, alignment restrictions on classes isn't a thing in 5e

Ah, ok. Just doesn't seem appropriate for whatever reason.

nickl_2000
2017-05-15, 09:31 AM
Ah, ok. Just doesn't seem appropriate for whatever reason.

Well there is that, if you don't feel that it would be right for your character then it isn't :) It's you character, you play it how you like

Also, there is nothing that says an Aasimar can't be chaotic. According to the dmg they will normal be good, it says nothing about lawful or chaotic.

bunnynoah
2017-05-15, 09:38 AM
I do wish to be Lawful Good for once, as I've always been either of a chaotic alignment, or a non good alignment.

nickl_2000
2017-05-15, 09:41 AM
I do wish to be Lawful Good for once, as I've always been either of a chaotic alignment, or a non good alignment.

Why not play a tanky Dwarven Cleric? It's easy for an Aasimar to have a connection to the divine. It would be even more interesting if you player a low dex build that someone mentioned on here. You are a divine take that sets himself in the middle of the battlefield and in an immovable presence. You may move slowly, but when you move there is nothing that will stop you

bunnynoah
2017-05-15, 09:43 AM
That's sounds great! Mostly for the fluff, but also for the fact the nobody in my party wants to be the healer anyways... :smallbiggrin:

nickl_2000
2017-05-15, 09:55 AM
That's sounds great! Mostly for the fluff, but also for the fact the nobody in my party wants to be the healer anyways... :smallbiggrin:

Backstory: If you were a Aasimar to one of the dwarven pantheon, there is no reason you would be excluded. In fact, you might be given a special place in society.

Your half-celestial side gave you a strong connection to the god's from an early age. As a child, your mother's leg was trapped and broken during a cave in. You saw her and help her free, then your celestial blood flamed up inside you causing divine energy to come down, healing your mother. After that, you were recognized as you were and given special battlefield training befitting only the strongest and most valuable in the battlefield.

You were taught how to stand firm against the most frightening of enemy charges. How to keep calm in the most raging of battles, and most importantly how to rein fire and death on those that seek to harm your family and friends.

That could be a start, flesh it out and you've got yourself a half-dwarf, half-celestial tank

bunnynoah
2017-05-15, 12:58 PM
^Sounds like a good start! I'll look into it. Thank you again!