PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dweomerkeeper help

logic_error
2017-05-15, 03:33 AM
Hi.

Which base class is best for Dweomerkeeper spellcasting progression? And why?

Also, what domain other than the necessary one (other than the fantastic spell domain with anyspell) is better from a role playing perspective + effectiveness?

Finally, what spells should one select for the Mantle? Anyspell seems like a natural choice. But is it the right one?

Endarire
2017-05-15, 03:42 AM
Cloistered Cleric with the Magic and Spell domains fulfills most requirements, including the ability to cast arcane spells via anyspell to qualify for the class. It's simple and effective!

logic_error
2017-05-15, 04:52 AM
Cloistered Cleric with the Magic and Spell domains fulfills most requirements, including the ability to cast arcane spells via anyspell to qualify for the class. It's simple and effective!

sadly, the cloistered cleric is not in.
Also, wait, what? Any spell allows casting arcane spells? it allows you to prepare them, not cast them right? I assume they are cast as Divine spells?!

Karmea
2017-05-15, 05:07 AM
Also, wait, what? Anyspell allows casting arcane spells? it allows you to prepare them, not cast them right? I assume they are cast as Divine spells?!
As arcane. You do need a spellbook or a scroll to cast them, though.

"...you channel divine power through your mind, shaping and transforming this energy into the potential to cast one arcane spell." and "When you cast the arcane spell, it works just as though cast by a wizard of your cleric level..."

logic_error
2017-05-15, 05:29 AM
As arcane. You do need a spellbook or a scroll to cast them, though.

"...you channel divine power through your mind, shaping and transforming this energy into the potential to cast one arcane spell." and "When you cast the arcane spell, it works just as though cast by a wizard of your cleric level..."

What the hell! This is freaking game breaker.

Karmea
2017-05-15, 05:59 AM
The spell must be one level lower than Anyspell or Greater Anyspell (3 and 6, respectively), so only to 5th level spells. So at least the worst offenders are out :smalltongue:

logic_error
2017-05-15, 06:46 AM
The spell must be one level lower than Anyspell or Greater Anyspell (3 and 6, respectively), so only to 5th level spells. So at least the worst offenders are out :smalltongue:

It allows direct access to Mystic Theurge! Without loss of caster level. Scratch that. That does not work. There is no Arcane base class to advance.

Bronk
2017-05-15, 06:57 AM

You can also do this as a regular cleric.

Another way to snag 'anyspell' is with the 'Initiate of Mystra' feat.

The easiest way to meet the 'made a magic item ' requirement is to use the 'substitute domain' spell to temporarily swap for the Rune Domain to get the 'scribe scroll' feat and make something cheap.

You can fit two levels of 'church inquisitor' class in levels 4 and 5 before picking up dweomerkeeper at level 6.

You might be able to snag a level of 'contemplative' at level 11 to snag the 'greed' domain to eventually get the wish spell.

Anthrowhale
2017-05-15, 08:33 AM
It's also possible via Archivist 3/Church Inquisitor 2.

Church Inquisitor 1 gives the Oracle Domain.

Substitute Domain[Rune] allows you to make a cheap scroll.
Substitute Domain[Spell] allows you to use Anyspell to prepare an arcane spell. Note that the prepared spell does not go away if you cast Substitute Domain again.
Substitute Domain[Magic] allows you to directly qualify.

Karmea
2017-05-15, 08:42 AM
You don't need to substitute domains for item creation with archivist, they get scribe scroll for free. But it is useful for getting all the domain spells you want into your prayerbook and permanent spells known :smallwink: Though depending on the reading, you might need Holt Warden 1 to actually get your domain slots.

Of course, if your DM doesn't allow substitute domain for qualification to Dweomerkeeper, you're gonna need something like Archivist 5 (or Arch 3/Church Inq 2)/Singer of Concordance 2.

Anthrowhale
2017-05-15, 11:19 AM
You don't need to substitute domains for item creation with archivist, they get scribe scroll for free.

Good point.

Though depending on the reading, you might need Holt Warden 1 to actually get your domain slots.

Complete Divine Page 20 says:

If a noncleric enters a prestige class that allows access to a domain, the character still gains access to the domain. ... If she memorizes spells ... then may memorize one domain spell of each level each day.

The argument then is that the 'one domain spell of each level each day' is not a domain slot. On one hand it's not specifically called a domain slot. On the other hand, it functions as a domain spell slot w.r.t. the ability to memorize a domain spell and it says "gains access to the domain". Overall, the theory that an Archivist/Church Inquisitor can't use Anyspell seems rather suspect to me.

Zanos
2017-05-15, 11:36 AM
It also takes 15 minutes to fill an anyspell slot, so you can't spontaneously cast arcane spells and using those spells frequently is going to add up.

logic_error
2017-05-15, 12:39 PM
It also takes 15 minutes to fill an anyspell slot, so you can't spontaneously cast arcane spells and using those spells frequently is going to add up.

yeah. you really have to spend time on it. But some <level 5 <level 3 spells are totally worth 30 mins. Glitterdust or the web with Cleric is an amazing combo. What is worse is that you can make anyspell a non-domain spell with mantle of spells.

Zanos
2017-05-15, 12:43 PM
yeah. you really have to spend time on it. But some <level 5 <level 3 spells are totally worth 30 mins. Glitterdust or the web with Cleric is an amazing combo. What is worse is that you can make anyspell a non-domain spell with mantle of spells.
It still has a casting time of 15 minutes, but I suppose getting more wizard spells makes that a good pick.

logic_error
2017-05-15, 01:11 PM
It still has a casting time of 15 minutes, but I suppose getting more wizard spells makes that a good pick.

I am actually amazed that there is no abuse related to having the ability to cast arcane spells from a domain. How did they manage to write an actually good, flavourful feature for once? Or am I just too shortsighted to see the pitfalls?

EDIT: Maybe it can be abused to enter Geomancer PrC? But that itself is not an OP thing.

Anthrowhale
2017-05-15, 01:14 PM
I would expect Arcane Fusion (castable via Greater Anyspell) to often be a better choice than Greater Anyspell itself.

Zanos
2017-05-15, 01:17 PM
I am actually amazed that there is no abuse related to having the ability to cast arcane spells from a domain. How did they manage to write an actually good, flavourful feature for once? Or am I just too shortsighted to see the pitfalls?

EDIT: Maybe it can be abused to enter Geomancer PrC? But that itself is not an OP thing.
It's any arcane spell, which means if you can find an arcane caster with discounted spell levels, there's a bit of abuse there. You can also cast bard spells, many of which are more powerful than spells on other lists of the same level.

I would expect Arcane Fusion (castable via Greater Anyspell) to often be a better choice than Greater Anyspell itself.
Eh, using a 6th level slot for a 4th and 1st level spell doesn't sound like a fantastic trade.

Karmea
2017-05-15, 01:19 PM
The argument then is that the 'one domain spell of each level each day' is not a domain slot. On one hand it's not specifically called a domain slot. On the other hand, it functions as a domain spell slot w.r.t. the ability to memorize a domain spell and it says "gains access to the domain". Overall, the theory that an Archivist/Church Inquisitor can't use Anyspell seems rather suspect to me.

Archivist gains access to domain spells anyway (if they can get a scroll of it), but doesn't really get any benefit otherwise without domain slots. "If she is a spellcaster who keeps a spellbook as a wizard does, then she must find or purchase a scroll of that spell and pay the usual price to scribe the spell into her spellbook." Holt Warden would allow the archivist to simply prepare the spells like a cleric with domains, instead of finding the scrolls.

You can get Glitterdust and Web as straight archivist spells from Adept and Divine Bard lists :smallbiggrin:

logic_error
2017-05-15, 01:22 PM
It's any arcane spell, which means if you can find an arcane caster with discounted spell levels, there's a bit of abuse there. You can also cast bard spells, many of which are more powerful than spells on other lists of the same level.

Oh, right! Totally missed the part about bard spells. This feature is broken :P.

Anthrowhale
2017-05-15, 01:22 PM
Eh, using a 6th level slot for a 4th and 1st level spell doesn't sound like a fantastic trade.

Trading a 15 minute chose-and-cast time for a 1 standard action choose-and-cast time seems like a fantastic trade. AF allows effective mantling of a larger number of spells.

Zanos
2017-05-15, 01:24 PM
Trading a 15 minute chose-and-cast time for a 1 standard action choose-and-cast time seems like a fantastic trade. AF allows effective mantling of a larger number of spells.
The casting time of anyspell is 15 minutes, but it's effect is that it allows you to put a spell in that slot, which you then cast normally.

logic_error
2017-05-15, 02:04 PM
The casting time of anyspell is 15 minutes, but it's effect is that it allows you to put a spell in that slot, which you then cast normally.

I think this problem can be solved with Metamagic though. Rapid spell. I would most certainly consider this pretty useful it can be reduced to one minute.

Anthrowhale
2017-05-15, 10:13 PM

Yes? And what do you do when your divinations about what will be needed fail? Surely we can see some value in being able to spontaneously cast a wide variety of spells out of one mantle choice?

Zanos
2017-05-15, 10:38 PM
Yes? And what do you do when your divinations about what will be needed fail? Surely we can see some value in being able to spontaneously cast a wide variety of spells out of one mantle choice?
No? Did I say anything about divinations? Surely we can see that going two spell levels down to spontaneously cast a spell isn't a good deal, and there's better ways to spontaneously cast?

Anthrowhale
2017-05-16, 07:09 AM
Surely we can see that going two spell levels down to spontaneously cast a spell isn't a good deal, and there's better ways to spontaneously cast?

What is your better way for an Archivist or Cleric to spontaneously cast?

Lost Canvas
2017-05-16, 12:03 PM

1) Arcane Fusion Require Sorcerer Spell know. Archivist can't cast it, Archivist cast Archivist spells by RAW.
2) Archivist dont "Know" spells
3) Archivist can't use Any Spell, it's require Domain Spell slot.

Elder Evil pg. 149

Vanessa Mackelroy CR 14
hp 86 (14 HD)
Female tiefl ing archivist HH 7/entropomancerCD 7
LE Medium outsider (native)
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Listen +0, Spot +0
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Infernal,
Undercommon
AC 19, touch 13, fl at-footed 17
Immune mind-affecting spells and abilities
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fi re 5
Fort +15, Ref +7 Will +11; +2 against enchantments
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +2 defending longsword +11/+6 (1d8+3/19–20)
Ranged +2 light crossbow +12 (1d8+2/19–20)
Base Atk +8; Grp +9
Dorn
Illus. by W. England
620_21556_Ch10.indd 149 9/27/07 3:39:50 PM
150CHAPTER 10 ZARGON
Special Actions Deformity (madness), Insane Defi ance, dark
knowledge 5/day (puissance, tactics), entropic fi eld 2/day
(reroll, wounding), shard of entropy (5d6)
Combat Gear potion of cure moderate wounds, wand of invisibility
(9 charges)
Archivist Spells Prepared (CL 10th; 1d20+12 to overcome SR):
5th—fl ame strike (DC 21), insect plague, spell resistance
4th—cure critical wounds, dimensional anchor (+10 ranged
touch), dismissal, freedom of movement
3rd—bestow curse (DC 19), contagion (+9 melee touch,
DC 19), dispel magic, invisibility purge
2nd—barkskin, bull’s strength, calm emotions (DC 18),
sound burst (DC 18), undetectable alignment
1st—cure light wounds, divine favor, obscuring mist,
sanctuary, shield of faith
0—detect magic, guidance, read magic, virtue
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 14th):
1/day—darkness
Abilities Str 13, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 22,
Wis 10, Cha 11
Feats Combat Casting, Deformity
(madness)B, Great Fortitude, Improved
Initiative, Insane Defi anceB,
Magical Aptitude, Scribe ScrollB,
Spell Penetration, Willing DeformityB
Skills Appraise +11, Bluff +2, Concentration
+19 (+23 casting defensively),
Decipher Script +18, Gather
Information +2, Heal +7, Hide
+4, Intimidate +10, Knowledge
(arcana) +25, Knowledge (dungeoneering)
+18, Knowledge
(geography) +16, Knowledge (local)
+13, Knowledge (religion) +23,
Search +19, Spellcraft +27 (+29
deciphering scrolls), Survival +0
(+2 to avoid getting lost, +2 following
tracks, +2 underground),
Use Magic Device +7 (+11 scrolls)
Possessions combat gear plus +2
studded leather, +2 defending
longsword, +2 light crossbow with
10 bolts, ring of protection +1,
amulet of natural armor +1, cloak
of resistance +1, gloves of Dexterity
+2, headband of intellect +2,
bird mask
Prayerbook spells prepared
plus 0—all; 3rd—obscure
object; 4th—death ward
Dark Knowledge (Ex) Five
times per day, as a
move action, Vanessa
can make a DC 15 Knowledge
check to grant an ally
within 60 feet a benefi t against
one creature (arcana for a magical beast,
dungeoneering for an aberration, or
religion for an undead). A successful check grants a +1
bonus on attack rolls for 1 minute, and an additional +1
bonus for every 10 points by which she beats the DC.
Alternatively, she can make the check to grant all allies
within 60 feet a +1 bonus on saving throws against the
creature’s abilities, and an additional +1 bonus for every
10 points by which she beats the DC. She can use this
ability only once against a particular creature.
Entropic Field (Su) As a standard action, Vanessa can surround
herself with a fi eld that extends out in a 35-foot radius
and lasts for 7 rounds. Magical healing automatically
fails in the area. Dismissing the fi eld is a standard action.
Once per round as a free action, Vanessa can force any
creature in the area to reroll an attack roll, save, or check.
She decides after she knows whether the roll succeeded
or failed, but before the consequences have been calculated
and applied.
Any creature (including Vanessa) taking damage while
within the area takes 1 point of damage each round (at
the end of Vanessa’s turn) as long as it remains within the
fi eld. Multiple injuries are cumulative. A successful DC 15
Heal check stops the bleeding.
Shard of Entropy (Su) Twice per day, Vanessa can create a
shard of entropy that appears in an adjacent square and
remains for 7 rounds. She can move the shard up
to 30 feet as a move action or against another
creature within 30 feet as a standard action.
Against objects, the shard deals 5d6 points
of damage and ignores hardness. Against
creatures, she must make a ranged touch
attack (+10 attack modifi er), and if successful
she deals 5d6 points of damage (Fortitude
DC 14 half). Any creature passing
through a square containing the shard
takes damage (Fort DC 14 half), as does
any creature in the same space as the
shard at the start of Vanessa’s turn.

Anthrowhale
2017-05-16, 02:30 PM
Archivist gains access to domain spells anyway (if they can get a scroll of it), but doesn't really get any benefit otherwise without domain slots. "If she is a spellcaster who keeps a spellbook as a wizard does, then she must find or purchase a scroll of that spell and pay the usual price to scribe the spell into her spellbook." Holt Warden would allow the archivist to simply prepare the spells like a cleric with domains, instead of finding the scrolls.

You can get Glitterdust and Web as straight archivist spells from Adept and Divine Bard lists :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, I agree that you need to have a domain to cast Anyspell---I'm just skeptical that you need Holt Warden in particular. Holt Warden has the advantage that you gain bonus spell slots while other approaches essentially cannibalize existing slots. Other than that, eh.

1) Arcane Fusion Require Sorcerer Spell know. Archivist can't cast it, Archivist cast Archivist spells by RAW.

Already addressed---Greater Anyspell is being used here.

2) Archivist dont "Know" spells

Generally, the result of "learn" is "know". If you want to argue otherwise, you'll need much more detail.

3) Archivist can't use Any Spell, it's require Domain Spell slot.

Already addressed. Maybe read the thread?

Kaleph
2017-05-16, 02:35 PM
An interesting option could be a wizard with planar touchstone (catalogue of enlightenment: magic domain). I'm not quite sure if it qualifies as "domain access", but I find it somehow plausible.

Mixing the dweomerkeeper, in this case, with an incantatrix would be great flavorwise, because the backgrounds of the PrC's would thematically fit.

In a real game, though, bringing together two notoriously broken PrC's would be a bad idea...

Lost Canvas
2017-05-16, 02:45 PM
Already addressed---Greater Anyspell is being used here.

Another problem, Greater Anyspell need a spellbook or scrolls.
Arcane Fusion is sorcerer spell. You need several scrolls (breaking WBL).
Archivist cast Archivist Spells, already demonstrated, by RAW. So, not qualifying to use Sorcerer Spell Know (Arcane Fusion explicit require Sorcerer Spell know))

Generally, the result of "learn" is "know". If you want to argue otherwise, you'll need much more detail.

"Spell know" is specific to spontaneous spellcasters. And learn is not Spell Know.

Zanos
2017-05-16, 02:53 PM
The glossary defines a known spell as:

A spell that an arcane spellcaster has learned and can prepare. For wizards, knowing a spell means having it in their spellbooks. For sorcerers and bards, knowing a spell means having selected it when acquiring new spells as a benefit of level advancement.
RAW, divine casters do not have such a thing as a known spell. This definition throws a wrench in a lot of tricks but opens up others, like versatile spellcasting wizards.

Lost Canvas
2017-05-16, 02:55 PM

RAW, divine casters do not have such a thing as a known spell. This definition throws a wrench in a lot of tricks but opens up others, like versatile spellcasting wizards.

True, Wizard know spells inside your spellbook.

But Archivist can't do it.

Karmea
2017-05-16, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I agree that you need to have a domain to cast Anyspell---I'm just skeptical that you need Holt Warden in particular. Holt Warden has the advantage that you gain bonus spell slots while other approaches essentially cannibalize existing slots. Other than that, eh.

Ahh, I think I realize where the misunderstanding is. Yeah, I agree that you don't need actual domain slots to cast Anyspell (and I don't think you necessarily need domains at all for that for archivist), just that the Substitute Domains -trick wont work (well, you get the domain powers and probably qualify for prereqs but that's it) without an actual domain-style mechanic à la Holt Warden.

Anthrowhale
2017-05-16, 04:35 PM

Where is this glossary? Favored Soul explicitly talks about knowing spells while Archivist only discusses implicitly via reference to wizards and the "learn" mechanic. I suspect that the 'arcane' was added a descriptor before Favored Soul or Archivist came out, and hence we should regard that part as not operative w.r.t. them. Keeping it operative implies that a Favored Soul can't cast any spells and that an Archivist never succeeds in learning a spell. This definition does seem to imply that Druids and Clerics do not have known spells.

Zanos
2017-05-16, 04:37 PM
Where is this glossary? Favored Soul explicitly talks about knowing spells while Archivist only discusses implicitly via reference to wizards and the "learn" mechanic. I suspect that the 'arcane' was added a descriptor before Favored Soul or Archivist came out, and hence we should regard that part as not operative w.r.t. them. Keeping it operative implies that a Favored Soul can't cast any spells and that an Archivist never succeeds in learning a spell. This definition does seem to imply that Druids and Clerics do not have known spells.
PHB 310. somebody once told me the world was gonna ask me for 10 characters

Lost Canvas
2017-05-16, 04:59 PM

The glossary is explicit. Only arcane spellcaster "know spell". Favored Soul spell description explicity talk about it, while archivist not.
Also, Arcane Fusion require Sorcerer spell know. Archivist can't cast it. Also, Archivist cast Archivist spells, not cleric spells.

Zanos
2017-05-16, 05:09 PM
Specific overrides general as well as later printings taking precedence, so if the Favored Soul says it has spells known, it does. But any class without a specific exception obeys the general rule, and does not.

Lost Canvas
2017-05-16, 05:16 PM
Specific overrides general as well as later printings taking precedence, so if the Favored Soul says it has spells known, it does. But any class without a specific exception obeys the general rule, and does not.

Sure, general rule domain spell is always DIVINE spell, by Glossary. But, Prestige Arcane Class with acess to a domain cast it as Arcane Spell (Complete Divine Specific Rule overrides general rule).

That's right.

Anthrowhale
2017-05-16, 06:03 PM
PHB 310.

Thanks.

Right, so Favored Soul, Shugenja, Spontaneous Cleric, Generic Divine Spellcaster clearly have exceptions as Sorcerer analogues while Spirit Shaman does not. A Sha'ir apparently counts as well.

For an Archivist the word 'known' isn't used, but it's deeply implied via 'learn' and the explicit analogy to a wizard. Nevertheless, that may not be enough for some DMs so let's examine the text:

A spell that an arcane spellcaster has learned and can prepare. For wizards, knowing a spell means having it in their spellbooks. For sorcerers and bards, knowing a spell means having selected it when acquiring new spells as a benefit of level advancement.

The first sentence creates a tripartite test:

Arcane Spellcaster
learned
can prepare

An Archivist easily passes 'learn' and 'prepare'. An Archivist is not an arcane spellcaster by default, but one with the Spell Domain or access to Southern Magician/Alternate Spell Source is. So an Archivist that can cast arcane spells passes the test and has known spells.

Amusingly, the third sentence then creates an exception for Sorcerers and Bards which would not otherwise qualify. I'm not sure if this has any practical implication.

Lost Canvas
2017-05-16, 06:09 PM
An Archivist easily passes 'learn' and 'prepare'. An Archivist is not an arcane spellcaster by default, but one with the Spell Domain is or access to Southern Magician/Alternate Spell Source is. So an Archivist that can cast arcane spells passes the test and has known spells.

What? Wait?

Southern Magician/Alternate Spell Source dont turn you Arcane Spellcaster,! Only allow you to prepare divine spells as arcane and vice-versa, nothing more.
Your Argument don't hold water

Zanos
2017-05-16, 06:12 PM
Amusingly, the third sentence then creates an exception for Sorcerers and Bards which would not otherwise qualify. I'm not sure if this has any practical implication.
Divine bard?

Anthrowhale
2017-05-16, 06:21 PM
Also, Arcane Fusion require Sorcerer spell know. Archivist can't cast it. Also, Archivist cast Archivist spells, not cleric spells.

You appear to regard membership on a list as making a spell into a different spell. LordDrako had the same confusion. This interpretation evades the stacking rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/castingSpells.htm#stackingEffects) which are very important in limiting the potency of spells. I'm not aware of any support for the notion that Aid cast by a Cleric and an Archivist stack to give twice the temporary hit points (for example). Furthermore a ring of spell storing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rings.htm#spellStoring) does not appear to keep track of the type of caster and a bard creating a scroll of Charm Person can then have a wizard cast it. All told, I'm aware of no relevant rules which say that two different-list spellcasters have spell stacking and that seems inconsistent with multiple rules.

Anthrowhale
2017-05-16, 06:24 PM
Divine bard?

The reference to a normal Bard (with its spells known) is easily interpreted as giving known spells.

Lost Canvas
2017-05-16, 06:27 PM
which are very important in limiting the potency of spells. I'm not aware of any support for the notion that Aid cast by a Cleric and an Archivist stack to give twice the temporary hit points (for example). Furthermore a ring of spell storing[/URL] does not appear to keep track of the type of caster and a bard creating a scroll of Charm Person can then have a wizard cast it. All told, I'm aware of no relevant rules which say that two different-list spellcasters have spell stacking and that seems inconsistent with multiple rules.

What?
Archivist never will know Sorcerer spell by RAW.

1) Archivist dont "Know spells"
2) To know Sorcerer spell you need be a Sorcerer or have monster Sorcerer spellcasting by RAW.
Your argument don't hold water.
3) Also, Archivist cast Archivist Spells and not Cleric Spells by RAW.

ELDER EVIL PG. 149

Vanessa Mackelroy CR 14
hp 86 (14 HD)
Female tiefl ing archivistHH 7/entropomancerCD 7
LE Medium outsider (native)
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Listen +0, Spot +0
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Infernal,
Undercommon
AC 19, touch 13, fl at-footed 17
Immune mind-affecting spells and abilities
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fi re 5
Fort +15, Ref +7 Will +11; +2 against enchantments
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +2 defending longsword +11/+6 (1d8+3/19–20)
Ranged +2 light crossbow +12 (1d8+2/19–20)
Base Atk +8; Grp +9
Dorn
Illus. by W. England
620_21556_Ch10.indd 149 9/27/07 3:39:50 PM
150CHAPTER 10 ZARGON
Special Actions Deformity (madness), Insane Defi ance, dark
knowledge 5/day (puissance, tactics), entropic fi eld 2/day
(reroll, wounding), shard of entropy (5d6)
Combat Gear potion of cure moderate wounds, wand of invisibility
(9 charges)
Archivist Spells Prepared (CL 10th; 1d20+12 to overcome SR):
5th—fl ame strike (DC 21), insect plague, spell resistance
4th—cure critical wounds, dimensional anchor (+10 ranged
touch), dismissal, freedom of movement
3rd—bestow curse (DC 19), contagion (+9 melee touch,
DC 19), dispel magic, invisibility purge
2nd—barkskin, bull’s strength, calm emotions (DC 18),
sound burst (DC 18), undetectable alignment
1st—cure light wounds, divine favor, obscuring mist,
sanctuary, shield of faith
0—detect magic, guidance, read magic, virtue

Elder Evil pg. 130

Worm that Walks CR 20
hp 475 (25 HD); regeneration 10; DR 15/epic and good
CE Huge aberration
Init +6; Senses blind, blindsight 500 ft., true seeing; Listen +54
Aura frightful presence (60 ft., DC 32)
Languages telepathy 1,000 ft., tongues
AC 38, touch 30, fl at-footed 36
Immune anathematic secrecy (malefi c property), electricity,
gaze attacks, illusions, visual effects, poison, sleep, paralysis,
stunning, critical hits, fl anking, elder evil immunities
(page 6)
Resist cold 20, fi re 20; SR 32
Fort +19, Ref +10, Will +20
Speed 50 ft. (10 squares), burrow 50 ft., climb 50 ft., swim
50 ft.
Melee 2 slams +36 each (4d6+20/19–20)
Space 15 ft.; Reach 15 ft.
Base Atk +18; Grp +46
Atk Options Power Attack, epic strike, worm-smite
Special Actions create spawn, discorporate, frightful presence,
summon scion
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 18th; 1d20+22 to overcome SR):
9th (3/day)—dominate monster (DC 28)
8th (6/day)—avascular massSC (+18 ranged touch, DC 26),
greater arcane fusionCM
7th (7/day)—banishment (DC 25), insanity (DC 26), waves
of exhaustion
6th (7/day)—chain lightning (DC 24), disintegrate (+18
ranged touch), greater dispel magic
5th (7/day)—feeblemind (DC 24), hold monster (DC 24),
miasma of entropySC (DC 23), mind fog (DC 23)
4th (8/day)—enervation (+18 ranged touch), Evard’s black
tentacles, greater invisibility, ice storm
3rd (8/day)—blink, haste, lightning bolt (DC 21), protection
from energy
2nd (8/day)—bull’s strength, cat’s grace, detect thoughts
(DC 20), false life, shatter (DC 20)
1st (8/day)—chill touch (+36 melee touch, DC 19),
expeditious retreat, mage armor, shield, true strike
0 (6/day)—arcane mark, detect magic, ghost sound
(DC 18), mage hand, message, open/close,
prestidigitation, read magic, touch of fatigue (+36
melee touch, DC 18)

Absolutely nothing says Archivist know Sorcerer Spells.

JNAProductions
2017-05-16, 06:33 PM
Lost Canvas, honest question. Are you Lord Drako?

Lost Canvas
2017-05-16, 06:34 PM
Lost Canvas, honest question. Are you Lord Drako?
NO ! :smallconfused:

Anthrowhale
2017-05-16, 08:35 PM
Divine bard?

I thought about this a bit more deeply.

The arcane spellcaster test can be passed with an appropriate class, feat (Alternative Source, Southern Magician), or domain choice (Anyspell).

The learning test seems to be the fairly stringent because if you don't have the right class I don't see a feat or domain-based approach to avoid it. Clerics for example don't seem to learn spells and there seems to be no mechanic to achieve that.

The preparation test seems to be unnecessary in almost every case I could find because the alternative is a spontaneous caster which has an explicit spells known allowance overriding the general rule. The Spirit Shaman is the only example coming to mind which does not prepare spells and does not have an explicit spells known. However, the Spirit Shaman also fails the more stringent learning test.

Anthrowhale
2017-05-16, 08:39 PM
What?

It's not possible to have a discussion because you keep asserting conclusions which I have debunked and inserting a bunch of irrelevant text. Learn how to craft an argument and we might be able to have an actual discussion someday.

Lost Canvas
2017-05-16, 08:41 PM
The arcane spellcaster test can be passed with an appropriate class, feat (Alternative Source, Southern Magician), or domain choice (Anyspell).

LOL
Now you want turn archivist to arcane spellcaster!
And still approved test !
:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbi ggrin::smallbiggrin:
Allow to prepare divine spell as arcane spells don't turn you arcane spellcaster. LOL
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/8f/69/23/8f69236752235e03c614ea5995c0a1e8.jpg