PDA

View Full Version : Magic psionic tattoo help

you randomly
2017-05-15, 12:01 PM
So I'm wondering using getting wired from minds eye and a feat which I for the name of that lets you make arcane/devine power stones and the like what spell would be good to put into a tattoo circet

Uncle Pine
2017-05-15, 12:37 PM
Are you maybe looking for Spell to Power Erudite (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070629a)?
Tattoo-wise, any spell or power that you feel like you're going to spam every time you can is a great investment. It's a good way to make one-trick pony that has more than a single trick because the only character resources that you've devoted to that trick are gp, which means you're free to invest class levels, feats and so on in everything else.

Expansion, fire shuriken, celerity, quintessence and Halaster's fetch are some of my favourite options.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-05-15, 12:49 PM
I think he's referring to Chameleon Crafting, which allows you to place a power inside a spell item (wand, scroll, staff) or a spell in a power item (dorje, stone, crown). The XP cost is increased by 50%, but there are otherwise no limits - dorjes of shapechange are fair game. Dragon #349.

you randomly
2017-05-15, 03:48 PM
Are you maybe looking for Spell to Power Erudite (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070629a)?
Tattoo-wise, any spell or power that you feel like you're going to spam every time you can is a great investment. It's a good way to make one-trick pony that has more than a single trick because the only character resources that you've devoted to that trick are gp, which means you're free to invest class levels, feats and so on in everything else.

Expansion, fire shuriken, celerity, quintessence and Halaster's fetch are some of my favourite options.

I think he's referring to Chameleon Crafting, which allows you to place a power inside a spell item (wand, scroll, staff) or a spell in a power item (dorje, stone, crown). The XP cost is increased by 50%, but there are otherwise no limits - dorjes of shapechange are fair game. Dragon #349.

yes and another thing is that it wont have the same restriction as spell to power erudite (no spells that let you re-cast other spells)

so it would be good for use with buff spells, what about something like a contigent "when caught flast footed cast temporal shift/time stop" are there any spells that might work better in this kind of format? consifering then can be recharged either each day or on a bad day multiple times

you randomly
2017-05-15, 04:11 PM
so I realised I can have a recharge spell which should give me enough energy to recharge all my spells (granted it would really only need to recharge the spell and extra then it can just be repeated)
mental pinnacle provides 3pp power caster level and a list of decent powers