PDA

View Full Version : Flatulence based magic user

ThurlRavenscrof
2017-05-15, 01:17 PM
I'm running a joke one shot and one of my newer players want advice on how to make a magic user who has mastered the art of the fart.
I'm thinking sorcerer with the poison black dragon heritage? Is there a better class for this?
And what spells would you recommend besides stinking cloud and gust of wind?

lunaticfringe
2017-05-15, 01:24 PM
Its really just a matter of descriptions I think. I'd look at spells that deal Poison, Thunder, & Maybe Necrotic damage & reskin them as farts/Burps.

Sleep & Thunderwave come to mind.

Desteplo
2017-05-15, 01:29 PM
Bard
-one of my players used a slide whistle as his spellcasting focus. His farts cause laughter, with it brings spells

For sorcerer
-it doesn't matter what they pick. there's an option in one of the books to make your own spells, easy substitution of element when they learn the spell. Then they're stuck.

-a fire sorcerer still works with farts

-poison dragon can have any damage spell learned as a poison damage spell
-it's all thematic after that. You could even do sleep as a silent deadly fart that makes people pass out.

Joe the Rat
2017-05-15, 01:33 PM
Sleep & Thunderwave come to mind.
Gust of wind, burning... well, not hands, cloudkill, blight, shatter... jump and eventually fly, warding wind... prismatic spray...

Green dragon would be better if you focus poison. Stormborn is also oddly appropriate (cast a spell, fly 10 feet).

You absolutely need the subtle (but deadly) metamagic.

Talionis
2017-05-15, 02:57 PM
Poison Spray as a cantrip.

If UA is allowed the new Warlock invocation Cloak of Baalzebal could easily be refluffed to fart instead of flys and could be very thematic.

GlenSmash!
2017-05-15, 04:54 PM
I pray to gods of gaming and the internet that my players do not read this thread.

Corran
2017-05-15, 05:56 PM
I am sure it must have been mentioned already, but stinking cloud is a go-to.
For race, I would suggest air genasi, for the no-need-to-breathe ability. Stand inside the radius of your stinking cloud with no problems.

Bloodcloud
2017-05-15, 06:01 PM
Warlock pact of the beans? Eldritch repelling blast can be fart so powerfull they push back and so foul they cause necrotic damage... Cartman pact?

Fflewddur Fflam
2017-05-15, 08:18 PM
Storm Sorcerer for sure. The emphasis on Thunder damage and spells, the fact that you can fly for 10 feet as a bonus action whenever you cast a spell, you can totally say that's a fart lifting him 10 feet!

jleonardwv
2017-05-15, 10:47 PM
How about the deception skill? "It wasn't me, I promise."

MrMcBobb
2017-05-16, 03:38 AM
A Fartificer.

Go Artificer - Alchemist, and flavour the idea of mixing the concoctions as you eating different things. Alchemists fire? Habaneros! It's not the best reflavour but I mostly just wanted to make the Fartificer joke.

nickl_2000
2017-05-16, 07:11 AM
Well the character certainly needs to be Dragonborn of Green Dragon Ancestry and the breath weapon doesn't come out the the mouth

Joe the Rat
2017-05-16, 07:31 AM
A Fartificer.

Go Artificer - Alchemist, and flavour the idea of mixing the concoctions as you eating different things. Alchemists fire? Habaneros! It's not the best reflavour but I mostly just wanted to make the Fartificer joke.I don't think I want to know what's in that healing elixir.

I'm just glad you didn't suggest the thundercannon...

JumboWheat01
2017-05-16, 07:54 AM
Well the character certainly needs to be Dragonborn of Green Dragon Ancestry and the breath weapon doesn't come out the the mouth

Reminds me of a Skyrim mod (https://youtu.be/A4rBkV-vRpY) where you unleashed the Fus Ro Dah by turning around and bending over.

Don't forget to swallow your arcane focus. This way you always have it on hand, and can justify using your back end as a conduit for releasing magic.

nickl_2000
2017-05-16, 08:02 AM
Don't forget to swallow your arcane focus. This way you always have it on hand, and can justify using your back end as a conduit for releasing magic.

Have it sown into the seat of your pants? Burning hands is actually you hold a lighter up to your rear while letting one loose?

Sir cryosin
2017-05-16, 08:17 AM
This might be tasteless for some but he's got to have assless chaps.

nickl_2000
2017-05-16, 08:19 AM
This might be tasteless for some but he's got to have assless chaps.

I'm pretty sure we have gone way beyond worrying about taste in this thread

Joe the Rat
2017-05-16, 08:23 AM
I'm pretty sure we have gone way beyond worrying about taste in this thread
No, taste is something to worry about having... "Oh my gods I can taste it!"

...but you can opt for the kilt. Flips out of the way. And now you can add eyebite to the list.

nickl_2000
2017-05-16, 08:32 AM
...but you can opt for the kilt. Flips out of the way. And now you can add eyebite to the list.

Congratulations, you just won this thread

JumboWheat01
2017-05-16, 08:47 AM
No, taste is something to worry about having... "Oh my gods I can taste it!"

I can totally use this out of context for kicks.

krunchyfrogg
2017-05-16, 09:21 AM
This is the best thread I've seen in a while.

Thank you.

Brawnspear
2017-05-16, 06:30 PM
Whatever the character chooses, he has to take fireball and lightning bolt. Then he can consume the enemy with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse. Bill Wallace seems like a good name :D.

... And don't forget Cloudkill.

Honest Tiefling
2017-05-16, 07:16 PM
Bard
-one of my players used a slide whistle as his spellcasting focus. His farts cause laughter, with it brings spells

DM : "You feel a slight tickle in the back of your subconscious. Make a wisdom saving throw "
Deathknight McBloodrage: "I got this, my Wis save rocks." ROLLS "Ha! Rolled an 18! That's 22!"
DM: "You make the save."
Deathknight McBloodrage: "YES! "
DM: "You fart."
Deathknight McBloodrage: "YES! I ...what? "
DM: "You fart, loudly. It echoes through your DoomPlate armor like thunder."
Deathknight McBloodrage:" ...Is this really happening? In character? "
DM: "Yes. People are laughing."

Darkwingpuck does demonstrate why this character NEEDS to be a bard of satire...Anyone can weaponize their own farts, a true flatulomancer masters the farts of others.

Leucis
2017-05-16, 08:50 PM
Potion of fire breathingfarting
There's actually quite a few magic items/potions that could help out with this, I'd say, if there aren't enough spells to reskin

Corran
2017-05-16, 08:58 PM
This is the best thread I've seen in a while.

Thank you.
It's a good one, yes.
Though far from my favourite one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?521083-Can-a-wildshaped-Dire-Wolf-carry-a-weapon-in-it-s-mouth).