PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Optimizing my Khepri Cleric

Geomancer8
2017-05-15, 02:32 PM
Greetings, all. I am having a bit of trouble with some optimization tweaks to my cleric and was wondering if anybody could give me some advice. i have avidly studied the 3.5 Cleric handbook and the SRD components. We have a bit of resources available, although no Eberon sources are going to be used for this campaign. To be fair, my DM is quite gracious, but this character came about after the death of my all-time favorite character and I am just having trouble getting into him.

The basics:
Race- Khepri (from Dragons 352, a very awesome race that has some fun qualities).
Class- Right now he is lv. 6, straight Cleric.
Main Stats- 14/15/12/12/20/13
Alignment- LN (Along with her deity)
Feats so far: Weapon armor proficiency (all simple weapons/armor), heighten spell, empower spell, divine metamagic (empower spell)
Domains: Strength, Animal

What I would like is something where I can just destroy with casting, but can't lose the momentum from spells. To be honest, I REALLY REALLY would love to get an animal companion (Would the Wild Cohort work for that?!?!!), and then use my spells to just tear up stuff with that. Even if it is relegated to one animal (either a tiger/brown bear/dire ape is fine for me) I could use that. I just have no idea how to build a proper cleric and don't know what to expect. I kinda rolled poorly on the HP (only have 31 at LV. 6) and need a lot to make up for it. Any suggestions on what I can do to manipulate a nature-based, order-driven (her RP is all about order and industry), caster focused Cleric? I just don't know where to draw and this race is so fun to play around with/utilize that I don't want to fall short there. Let me know.

Thanks.

Gildedragon
2017-05-15, 02:59 PM
What I would like is something where I can just destroy with casting, but can't lose the momentum from spells. Not sure what you mean...
To be honest, I REALLY REALLY would love to get an animal companion (Would the Wild Cohort work for that?!?!! Yes it would.

Note: if you mean a melee cleric: prestige paladin 2 might scratch your itch...

Troacctid
2017-05-15, 03:03 PM
Dragon #353 has an ACF to give up turning in exchange for an animal companion as a Druid of half your Cleric level.

ATHATH
2017-05-15, 03:39 PM
Why not just play a (refluffed) Druid? eggynack (the lack of capitalization for that "e" was intentional) has an excellent Druid handbook; go check it out.

Geomancer8
2017-05-15, 11:40 PM
Not sure what you mean... Yes it would.

Note: if you mean a melee cleric: prestige paladin 2 might scratch your itch...

Sorry, I meant the opposite. What I meant is that I like caster-focused Cleircs. So, what I was thinking is go to Cleric 7, then at 8 do a dip in something (maybe sorcerer or totemist or xx- dont really know), then at 9 take wild cohort feat and focus on the contemplative class if DM allows it. Not sure, entirely.

Gildedragon
2017-05-16, 01:17 AM
pure caster cleric?

Cloistered cleric is a start
a Spell Domain domain icon is probably a good piece of gear; lets you have access to anyspell.

Marvo
2017-05-16, 01:49 AM
DIvine metamagic perstinent is hard to beat