PDA

View Full Version : 5e Arbiter Cleric domain

iNO37
2017-05-15, 05:21 PM
So here is a Cleric domain I am working on.
Still have to flesh out and flavor it, but this is the basic wire frame.
I invite notes on mechanical balancing or just general feedback.
I am very open to strong critique.

Arbiter Domain Spells

Cleric Level 1st

Spells

Identify, Comprehend Languages

Cleric Level 3rd

Spells

Detect Thoughts, Nystul's Magic Aura

Cleric Level 5th

Spells

Remove Curse, Tongues

Cleric Level 7th

Spells

Fabricate, Confusion

Cleric Level 9th

Spells

Animate Objects, Creation

Bonus Proficiency

When you choose this domain at 1st level, you gain the prestidigitation cantrip and proficiency with one set of artisan's tools. Additionally, deception an intimate are added to the list of skills to choose proficiency with.

Guided Words

Also starting at 1st level, you become more influential in social circumstances. Choose two of the following: intimidate, persuasion and deception. Whenever you use your chosen against a creature that is not hostile toward you, you add your Wisdom modifier to the roll as well.

Channel Divinity: Balancing the Scales

Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to invoke the name of your deity and react with divine swiftness.
In combat, if you are not surprised, you can use your reaction to switch initiative in the turn order with a creature that is about to start it's turn. Alternatively, you can do so just before your own turn, switching places with a creature that has not acted yet. You can do this no more than once per round.

Channel Divinity: False Fracture

Beginning at 6th level, you can use your channel divinity to cause a creature to believe an object it has just used has become unusable.
As your reaction, you can cause a creature that just used an item to make Intelligence* saving throw. If the object in question is legendary or is an artifact, the saving throw is made with advantage.
If it fails it's save, it believes that object has stopped functioning and acts accordingly. If it is a weapon, the wielder might discard it, if it is a magic item, the creature would stop using it. In either case, using it's action the creature can make an Intelligence (Investigation) check DC equal to your spell DC to reveal it as an illusion.

Potent Spellcasting

Starting at 8th leveI, you add your Wisdom modifier to the damage you deal with any cleric cantrip.

Tip the Scales

Starting at 17th level, you can affect three creatures when you use Balancing the Scales. In addition, you do not need to be one of the creatures affected.

suplee215
2017-05-15, 09:31 PM
Added skills to the list is a little awkward. I would recommend using what Nature domain does and allow the domain to pick 1 Chr based skill. You also seem to be having the domain fill 2 shoes, the shoe merchant and the crafter. Not sure if it works or not, I almost just want to vague up the Forge domain a little bit to allow it to apply to all crafts and also traders to cover the same niche.

ATHATH
2017-05-15, 10:29 PM
We have a homebrew section, y'know. You (or a moderator) should move this there.