PDA

View Full Version : Mistborn: Adventures in the Northern Roughs IC

GameOfChampions
2017-05-16, 01:42 AM
The Old Watering Hole

The bar is a rundown dive full of grimy men and women drinking their worries away after a long day of work. There seems to be more dirt, smoke, and spilt drinks in the bar then clean floor or air but you've all come for the same reason. This is the best place in True Madril for back room dealings, secrets, or to find a guy who knows a guy. The bar turns down no customers but also doesn't suffer any disturbances among the clientele, something enforced by the huge muscular grey skinned man sitting at the door with a large club.

The room is full of tension, news had just hit the town that a large chunk of Isaeuc's Bend has been burned down by bandits. Fear has been running rampart through all the towns in central or eastern areas of the roughs and this bar is no different. Not only that but the Rough Riders had been spotted in the area and as much as they were respected for their abilities or dedication to the law they were an intimidating lot and more importantly if they were nearby it usually means trouble is following them or about to find them.

An old drunk at the bar is talking to what seems like a pair of young men who seem like they would like to be anywhere but listening to this old mans ramblings. "I remember a day when the roughs were full of tough men and women just trying to make an honest living in a tough world. Now all of these nobles are coming in and stuffing their noses where they aren't wanted, making us feel like rusting dirt! They also brought all these damn bandits along with them, the normal bandits were bad enough but these rust born devils are worse. You ask me you should buy a good gun and keep it close at hand."

What do you do...

BelGareth
2017-05-18, 12:02 PM
Edmund was on his 3rd whiskey...or at least thats what he wanted people thinking. He was still nursing the same one, diluted down with water from the flask in his coat pocket.

Always showing a different face, it was one of his gambling edicts, and he lived by it. literally, it had saved his life times over.

He narrowed his eyes as he listened to the old man, speaking out about nobles like that in certain areas like that would get you visited in the middle of the night. Fortunately, this wasn't one of them, not yet, or at least, Ed hadn't seen anything like it, yet.

He nodded to the old man and subconsciously touched his left hand to his holstered gun at his hip, reassuring himself that he was indeed, armed, if some crazy hot headed rust born devil made his way into the bar.

He waved his left hand in the air, as if dismissing the old timers words "We've got the Towns federation old timer, things are changing." he paused "Though, with the Rough riders coming into town, you might be right about one thing." "What else do you know?"

Space Lawyer
2017-05-18, 01:28 PM
Red raises a glass to the old man. It was a fine place where someone could speak his mind about such things without a dandy getting hot under an overstarched collar. "Damn right, ol' fella! Bein' from the city makes 'em no better than the rest of us, but you wouldn't know that from asking 'em. I've gotta fight to get jobs on work crews that I should be designing for!"

Deedeeminotaur
2017-05-22, 04:38 PM
Zak had been coming to this particular bar for many years, since it was the most resourceful place to gather information for his cases. It wasn't much of a bar, but the familiar smells and dealings he had prospered from in the place made him weak to its charms.

An old man is spewing drunken ramblings about nobles at the bar, and Zak is intrigued. Never missing an opportunity for a case or a morsel of information, he sleuths closer to the bar silently gesturing to the barman for a whisky and, having mastered the art of eavesdropping, listens closely to the old man and the two fellows who have engaged him in conversation.

spinningdice
2017-05-23, 07:50 AM
Lysane sits and listens, trying not to draw attention while looking for an easy mark, and trying to ignore her ears burning at the mention of nobility, she saw no need to riot to get people to talk, the place felt like a powder-keg, even the lightest touch could make it explode.

GameOfChampions
2017-05-26, 12:47 PM
The old man blearily looks up at the pair of men and waves his hand "Towns federation wouldn't be necessary if all those nosy rusters had stayed in their precious basin. I know lots of things though, all packed right up here." He taps his temple, only missing the place he was aiming for by a few inches "What do ya want'a know?"

Pick something specific you want to try and learn about and people asking questions make a charm roll.

Deedeeminotaur
2017-05-27, 05:56 AM
"Sorry fella's, but I couldn't help overhearing your conversation" Zak sidles up uninvited, with his usual confident swagger, to the 3 men at the bar. "Are you trying to tell these folk that you might know why the Rough Riders are in town?"

Charm roll

(4d6)[2][6][4][3](15)

Space Lawyer
2017-05-27, 10:07 AM
Red keeps silent while the newcomer questions the old man. He was smart enough to be aware of how he tended to say the wrong thing. It was just such a tendency that had led to him being a fairly good shot.

BelGareth
2017-06-03, 11:20 PM
Edmund raises an eyebrow, "Stop being sly, what do you know about these rusters moving in?" he says with a grin.

[roll0]

GameOfChampions
2017-06-08, 11:18 PM
"Sorry fella's, but I couldn't help overhearing your conversation" Zak sidles up uninvited, with his usual confident swagger, to the 3 men at the bar. "Are you trying to tell these folk that you might know why the Rough Riders are in town?"

Charm roll

(4d6)[2][6][4][3](15)

He slurs slightly but sits up and takes a deep drink from his mug. "Well I heard some rumors they're heading out soon to try and clear out the bandits in the Isaeuc's Bend. It's closest to the Town's Federation and a few of our outer farms have been having a few problems."

Edmund raises an eyebrow, "Stop being sly, what do you know about these rusters moving in?" he says with a grin.

[roll0]

"Though to be fair they could be heading down to the pass the tracks are running through the mountains."