View Full Version : What is weapons and armors resistance or hp

noob
2017-05-16, 08:04 AM
I have found nowhere in core how tough was a non magical weapon or armour.
Furthermore in magical weapons and armours they speak of alteration modifier increasing weapon and armour hp but it is quite useless to know that my +1 armour have a 10 hp bonus to an unknown hp.
So what is the health of a weapon or armour?(in addition what do size change do to that value)
I mean I do not want to wonder what sunder do when someone successfully hit or what happens if I fireball a pile of armour and weapons loot because there is 4 wizards on top of it.

The_Jette
2017-05-16, 08:25 AM
Furthermore in magical weapons and armours they speak of alteration modifier increasing weapon and armour hp but it is quite useless to know that my +1 armour have a 10 hp bonus to an unknown hp.
So what is the health of a weapon or armour?(in addition what do size change do to that value)
I mean I do not want to wonder what sunder do when someone successfully hit or what happens if I fireball a pile of armour and weapons loot because there is 4 wizards on top of it.

The hardness and hit points of a weapon or armor depends on the material it's made out of. Steel, for instance, has a hardness of 10 and 30 hp per inch of thickness. As an example, your typical dagger has hardness 10 and hp of 2. If you make it magical you add 2 to hardness per +1 enhancement bonus (only the bonus, not any other enhancements, so a +1 flaming dagger gets 2 hardness), and 10 extra hp per +1 enhancement bonus (same as hardness, only the enhancement counts). Thus, a +1 dagger has a hardness of 12, and 12 hp, a +2 dagger has a hardness of 14 and 24hp, etc.

But, really, all you have to do is ask this question in Google and you'll get a comprehensive list in a couple of clicks.

Zombimode
2017-05-16, 08:49 AM

The table on the right (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/exploration.htm#hitPoints) will have you covered.

Do note that Sundering armor is not an Option by RAW.

noob
2017-05-16, 10:03 AM
Now with your list how tough is two handed metal hafted weapons?

ksbsnowowl
2017-05-16, 12:38 PM
Now with your list how tough is two handed metal hafted weapons?

Such as? I'm not familiar with any such weapons in the game.

That said, extrapolating from the pattern with the light hafted and one-handed hafted weapons, and their metal-hafted counterparts, I'd say a two-handed metal-hafted weapon would have Hardness 10 and 40 hit points. But I could easily see making the hit points 30, or even the same as a one-handed metal hafted weapon.