PDA

View Full Version : The Walker, the Trickster, and the Thief (Group B)

Celticbear
2017-05-16, 11:54 AM
Fresh from an incredible expenditure, the mighty [insert ship name here] is currently docked nearby a forge world undergoing repairs. The day to the crew is to spend as they please, as long as they remain on the ship of course, and the day to the bridge crew is a day of exalted relaxation before the next job is taken. This relaxation is short lived as you are receiving a vox signal.

Toxic Mind
2017-05-16, 12:30 PM
Alexandros is on the bridge. He's staring off into space, and idly running the flat edge of a knife along his arm, as though his flesh were a whetstone.

Signal, Captain. he says without emotion.

Retias
2017-05-16, 12:40 PM
Dressed in black clothing to offset his blue skin and currently without his combat armour in place, Vra'elo, in the familiar sounding of his name, was armed only with a pistol, set by the main control for their weapons and regarding the bridge lightly as he took an interest in the oncoming transmission.

He was aware he was far from universally liked, but at least no one in this part of the ship wanted to lynch him on sight. Or if they did, they kept it to themselves.

Volthawk
2017-05-16, 12:56 PM
Aranvus was in the Choir, sat on the floor in deep concentration, his chameleoline cloak wrapped around him and Alaquill nowhere to be seen, having wandered off to poke around the nooks of the room. He was training in his own way, pushing the bounds of his powers while still limiting himself enough to prevent any Warp breaches - a careful balance, aided by deep focus and personal ritual.

As the message came through, he slowly rose to his feet, Alaquill flying over with some small rodent or other in its beak. "Yes?"

Celticbear
2017-05-16, 01:07 PM
Hello, my name is Augustis Winthrope, and I have an offer for your services. I am looking to start a colony on a distant world, and have already bought the land. The problem is that there is a pesky group of Orks already there barring me from starting my colony. I am willing to pay you a handsome reward for removing them by force or by intrigue, your choice. spits out the vox.

Toxic Mind
2017-05-16, 01:14 PM
"I hate orks" Alexandros says in a monotone.

Chivy
2017-05-16, 02:40 PM
A few moments after the Explorator had informed her of the incoming vox, Aeliana walked onto the bridge to the hand to heart solutes of most of the... people at their startions. It wasn't something she required but she enjoyed the show of loyalty. She looked around the bridge noting everybody at their assigned stations. She then sat down and almost lounged in her Command Throne, her eyes taking in everything happening around her. It was one of the things she had learned to enjoy after leaving the Battlefleet; rigid discipline worked well in the Navy, a slightly more relaxed attitude was better outside of that command structure.

She had been listening on her microbead as soon as Alexandros had informed her of the vox message.
"I am Aeliana von der Sephia of the Nassau Dynasty. It is a pleasure to speak to you Lord Winthrope. We might be able to be of service." She answered the man, ignoring the techpriest's comment on greenskins. Even if she did agree.
"Would you like to discuss the particulars in person?"

Retias
2017-05-16, 03:17 PM
Vra'elo tilted his head, eyes blinking slowly. He wasn't good at hiding his emotions and a lot of the time, his helmet helped, but he currently lacked that. His only possible saving grace was that not everyone on the bridge was likely to be good at reading Xeno expressions.

To take steps to plant a colony and to put would be colonists at risk by not determining potential dangers. His face twitched in distaste, though he held his silence, simply listening for now, even as he considered what he knew of Orks from a few past skirmishes and what tactics might be applicable.

Celticbear
2017-05-16, 03:23 PM
Normally I would be happy with discussing the particulars in person, but currently my schedule is filled for the next few weeks. Since I bought the particular land for a very cheap price, I am willing to have you set a reasonable price to agree to, and the date for completion. I am also willing to grant you anything that seems to be of value in the stretch of land without me seeing what it is. To be completely honest, my time is rather filled with other activity which is why I'm giving you this job with so few particulars. The Ork camp is not far from where you are currently located, and it is not populated that widely, but the problem must be taken care of and quickly.

Volthawk
2017-05-16, 03:34 PM
Aranvus started to head to the bridge, his familiar flying off ahead of him - it'd arrive earlier than the astropath himself. Usually he disliked the bird flying too far away from him needlessly, but in these parts of the ship it was safe enough, and if anything happened he was sure he could find out the truth.

As he walked, he considered the offer. It seemed reasonable so far, but it was likely there was a catch somewhere. As for the actual threat, he'd had little personal close combat experience with orks, but he was sure his talents would work on them just as well as most xenos.

Toxic Mind
2017-05-16, 03:51 PM
"The greenskins are unlikely to provide meaningful technology, but favor could be leveraged onto the Forge World itself."

Alexandros' voice stays the same cadence it always is, whether he's talking about grox steaks for dinner, or massacring a xenos encampment for monetary gain.
I don't do emotions in my voice.

Chivy
2017-05-16, 04:05 PM
A small smile spread across Aeliana's face, then nodded to Alexandros' suggestion lazily. It was a good suggestion.Her mind was racing even if she looked as relaxed as she had been a few moments ago. She casually flung her leg over the side of the throne, looking like the picture of someone of privelage at ease. That both her plasma pistols which were strapped to the outside of both thighs were still easily accessible almost seemed accidental.
"A shame Lord Winthrope, I usually prefer to dine with my business partners and shake their hand."
She didn't like it. A vox message to send them on their way. It would be an extremely easy way to send them into a trap, but both an ally on a forgeworld and a stake in the colony, because she would aim for that as her price, might be worth it. She needed time to confer with her senior officers, before she actually committed though.
"But I understand. Time is of the essence. Could you have your people send over the planet's location? Then I shall have my navigator estimate the time to get there as well as check on the repairs we are currently undergoing, I will be able to give you an estimate of how long it will take us to reach the planet. Shall we continue this in an hour's time?"

A simple thought through her MIU then switched her commbead to only transmit on the Vox channel reserved for her and her senior officers while she listened to both.
"This is Aeliana, I hope you have been listening in on Winthorp's offer. What are your opinions?"

Retias
2017-05-16, 04:15 PM
Moving away from the general area of the vox so their contact wouldn't overhear him, Vra'elo spoke up.

"A single planet and Orks is all he's told us. The location, information on himself, the predicted strength of the Orks, the value of the planet. I would advise seeking these things out." He let out a low laugh. "He wants us to clean up a mess he's stumbled into. Perhaps he doesn't believe we'll survive, or we'll be so weakened, along with the Orks, that he can discard us with ease when we're exposed. Mont'ka. I prefer Kauyon. Gain more information, and our course becomes clear as we hunt."

Celticbear
2017-05-16, 05:36 PM
The information on the planet's location and the repair time is gained within the hour. The repair will likely be done by noon tomorrow, and the time in the warp will take three days.

Volthawk
2017-05-16, 06:02 PM
Having arrived at the bridge, Aranvus gives his opinion (he prefers face to face or psychic contact to vox). "The Tau there has a point. We should do some information gathering first, and go ahead from there. Nonetheless, I doubt we'll end up taking the path of...intrigue, as he put it." He gestures over at Alexandros and Vra'elo. "Our assets are more inclines to violence after all, the Emperor's way of dealing with such xenos filth."

Toxic Mind
2017-05-16, 09:03 PM
Alexandros looks back, the dead nothingness behind his eyes showing for a moment. "Yes... Xenos filth." he says, looking openly at the Tau Fire Warrior and the Kroot.

This was not altogether uncommon, and in fact Alexandros was fairly infamous for directing his seemingly endless hatred at whatever or whomever happened to be the flavor of the moment.

The Glyphstone
2017-05-17, 07:06 AM
Arkhat gives a raspy chuckle, unfolding itself from where it leaned against a wall several meters to the left of the spot Alexandros had directed his glare at. Its skin was gunmetal-grey to better blend in with the background, fading back to its usual olive-brown hue as the xenos stretched.

"Filthy xenos scum, indeed. Always good fighting to be had in Orks. Orkflesh makes you strong and tough." The Kroot had a wide range of voices and accents - this time, it spoke in a near-perfect mimicry of Alexandros's own dull monotone.

Toxic Mind
2017-05-17, 11:53 AM
"That's a neat trick. I wonder if when I pull apart your vocal cords I'll figure out how you do it." Alexandros says. His servo skull bobs over, and for not the first time the crew can see Brian carved into the skull-bone across the forehead.

Alexandros returned to the calibrations. The edges of his vision were tinged with red.

Volthawk
2017-05-17, 07:49 PM
Aranvus lets out an audible sigh as the back and forth between the kroot and the madman goes on. "In any case, Aeliana, our skills are here to be used according to your wishes, once we have the intelligence we need to plan."

Chivy
2017-05-18, 05:21 AM
The Lord Captain simply quirked an eyebrow at the Enginseer’s displayed animosity for the Kroot. It was only natural. She noticed that her own hand had strayed to her Plasma Pistol when Arkhat had appeared and that she almost heard it’s Machine Spirit whisper through the connection it made with her MIU that it wanted to kill the Xeno. Instead she released her grip on the weapon. She wasn’t ashamed of her reactions, she could even be said to be proud that she still reacted automatically as if the Xeno’s appearance was a true threat. Hesitation or complacency there might prove disastrous when it wasn’t Arkhat, but some truly foul creature.

That was also the reason why she had only quirked her eyebrow. A sign that her displeasure might be close to the surface for any who knew her and not to take things to the next level. There was a story about her blowing an officer into the void for sitting on her Command Throne, an exaggeration, the man had simply been whipped, no more, but he met with an unfortunate accident that week. The story had evolved and even if most of the bridge crew knew the truth, it made many wary of her temper. Like any good Trader, she used anything she could, even if it came to her by accident.
She didn’t mind them disliking each other, if that emotion even existed for the Xeno, but she wouldn’t allow them to go much further than a few heated words and the animosity would keep them all on their toes.

A quirk of Aeliana’s lips had showed her amusement at the Astropath’s sigh for the byplay between the other two men. Did kroot have genders? Could Enginseers even be described as having genders? Maybe it was best not to know. Many would be as disapproving of allowing a warpwitch to speak so familiarly to the Lord Captain as they would have been at the, badly veiled, aggression between advisors. Well from one to the other at least. Her amusement increased when she thought of their reactions to allowing warpwitches and xenos move freely about their voidships and even fill an advisory position.

She knew she was different from most Imperial citizens. And that was not just how she had come into this world. She had been in contact with Xenos from almost the day she had taken her first breath. Her Dynasty had arranged for the Sanctioning of their Xenos ‘pets’ since before the legendary rescue of the Kroot Warsphere. She had been taught, and had personal experience, that their Xeno view on things wasn’t foul or as tainted as many held. Their advice on their perspectives was often useful, and opened new avenues or ideas for dealing with problems. As a six year old it had also been very gratifying to see her Kroot bodyguard step in between herself and a group of assassins who had easily killed her other guards and proceed to dismember them. The Kroot had died from his wounds, apparently happy, if Kroot even felt those emotions, but it had enforced the teachings of her tutors: even Xenos had a place in the Imperium.

Aeliana nodded when Aranvus informed her that she would be directing their efforts as she wished. The man did that from time to time, stating the obvious, but she never was completely sure why he did it. Was it his way of reminding the rest of the bridge crew that they served her and the Dynasty? Was it to remind her? Was it out of some kind of urge to protect her? She met his eyeless gaze, something she had not always been able to do as easily as she did now, again trying to puzzle him out and gave up almost immediately. The man had saved her life more than a few times in the years they had been together and his knowledge of the warp had been more than useful. He had earned his place and freedoms a dozen times over and she had other things on her mind.

Aeliana listened intently to her advisors propose a combination of a violent solution and acquiring more information to formulate an actual plan to the Orc problem. She had been thinking along those same lines herself; it was the God-Emperor’s solution and who would disagree with the greatest tactician ever to have existed? But instead of agreeing, it was her habit to suggest a few different courses of action and see what else it would spark. Asking questions she sometimes knew at least part of the answer to already, but probably didn’t know everything. The more information she had the better her decisions would be and, maybe more important; the better her negotiating position will be.

“Has any of you ever faced the Greenskins before? Would they be open to negotiation or susceptible to tricks? If not, what are their preferred tactics? Could we wipe them out with a few guards and unleashing our own resources or is taking stationary orbit and wiping them out with volleys the preferred method?”
Her tone carried no clue as to her own preference, even if it would give her some pleasure to allow herself and her advisors to unleash some pent up anger if she decided on a face to face approach. She would have preferred somewhere not so open as a roofless planet though.
“I would prefer not to use the Ship’s weapons. I will be aiming to deal for a stake in the colony when we resume negotiations and a colony in an irradiated wasteland will not feed resources back into the Dynasty for eons to come as well as one which is not irradiated.”
She still spoke easily about obliterating the colony site. While a stake in a colony and a grateful contact on a forge world would be preferable to an enemy, discounting an option from the get go was foolishness.
“I also hear a planet with Greenskins will be plagued by invasions for generations if it isn’t scoured with Holy Flame.”
Oe large post, but was trying to get Aeliana's personality down a little better.
I'm also taking from this that most of us feel that we should go punchy-shooty-slashy against the orcs. Then that'll be Aeliana's eventual discision.

Volthawk
2017-05-18, 08:57 AM
Aranvus takes a few moments thinking, going through his comprehensive memory for experiences with Orks. There was very little there, particularly when it came to personal experience - battleships he'd served on had fought Ork ships before, and one was boarded, but he didn't have any direct contact. "Unfortunately, nothing too certain. I have no reason to think of them as strong-willed, though, particularly when it comes to a contest against my powers. I could help delude and confuse them, I suppose...providing they actually have working minds. The little I've heard of them isn't encouraging in that regard."

Retias
2017-05-18, 12:37 PM
Vra'elo was silent a moment longer, eyes flashing to the interaction between Arkhat and Alexandros. "We have a significant advantage over the Orks, Lady Captain." He offered after mulling it over. "We know of them, even if details are currently scarce.

They lack that awareness. If it becomes clear force will be required, I advise we prepare to strike before they're aware of us. The first blow would be the last, if well executed."

Celticbear
2017-05-19, 08:21 AM
((Lots of people said they're fine to move on, so...))

The trip in the Warp was uneventful (thank the Emperor), and you finally make it to Yvonid 32, a very green world. A bit too green. Almost like a death world. Huh, wonder why it's like that. The record says it isn't a death world.

The greenness is actually due to its atmosphere, giving it the illusion of just a never ending sea of grass and trees. On the planet, scans show, is a rocky terrain with the occasional plant or small wildlife. Perfect place for an Ork, sucky place for literally anyone else. Why Winthrope would want a colony here is behind all of you at the moment, but you guys are in orbit.

Toxic Mind
2017-05-19, 09:32 AM
"Scan the planet. Find the Orks. Kill the Orks."

Chivy
2017-05-19, 11:10 AM
The Dynasty’s Heir’s lips twitched again at Alexandros’ boiling down of what they were to do to less than a dozen words. The man, man?, techpriest had about as much personality as a servitor but he was efficient in both keeping her ship in one piece and rendering down her enemies to more than one piece. He was more than right about their first step though.

"Aranvus, scan the planet. Make sure you find their numbers, location and lay of the land. And anything else that would make this Emperor forsaken world worth a colony. Our lives might hinge on what you find. "
It might be a bit heavy handed to mention it, but she had learned that sometimes stating the obvious would help her men focus their efforts.
"When you’re done, we lay our plans."

Aeliana then opened a panel in her command throne and seemingly idly watched the information feeds coming in.
Giving +10% to Aranvus’ with Exceptional leader ability.
(Would have given it to Arkhat, his scrutiny is the best among us, but I wasn’t sure it’d fit with Glyph’s portrayal of his character).
And for myself; Scrutiny 30 + Ship’s detection 20 = 50 – [roll0]

edit- well guess it was obviously a very casual glance.

Celticbear
2017-05-19, 11:57 AM
The planet has an oxygen atmosphere, all be it a strange one. Other than that, the scans show little. Maybe someone else can try...

Volthawk
2017-05-19, 12:12 PM
Aranvus was unsettled somewhat as he looked upon the planet. He felt that particular kind of creeping uncertainty that often preceded incoming betrayal (that or a wash of relief when there is no betrayal). Irksome. In any case, if there was one thing Aranvus was capable of, it was putting such feelings aside to focus on the task at hand, particularly when properly motivated. He strode over to the scanners and examined them, a somewhat odd scene given his lack of eyes. Their employer was playing some kind of game, they just needed to figure out what.

Scrutiny against TN 73 (Scrutiny 43 + Detection 20 + Exceptional 10): [roll0] Success with four DoS

Celticbear
2017-05-19, 12:31 PM
Scans show numerous signs of wildlife and small rodent creatures all over the rocky surface of the planet. However, it does show an immense power source, almost off the scales, surrounded by thirteen Ork life signatures. Apparently the chief is starting to downsize.

Volthawk
2017-05-19, 12:53 PM
The astropath murmurs a quiet "Aha." before turning to the Captain to report. "I believe I know why Winthrope wants this planet. There is a power source of immense strength on the planet, and the orks are focused around it, thirteen in number." He takes a moment before continuing his trail of thought. "I suppose this well and truly puts the option of bombardment to one side, as we have no idea what this power source is or what damaging it may do. I advise closer examination before an attack - while the orks themselves are manageable, the...device, shall we call it, is a potentially dangerous unknown."

Chivy
2017-05-19, 02:43 PM
Aeliana spoke to the air almost as soon as the Astropath turned.
"Arkhat, make sure you understand the lay of the land." She nodded towards the Auspex station, confident the xeno was somewhere around her, before focusing on Aranvus.

It was a delicate thing balancing men’s and xeno honor against the need to make as few mistakes as possible. Making sure that she didn’t actually call it double checking the other’s findings was key there, but she wouldn’t make the mistake of actually thinking they didn’t know what she was doing. She just trusted that they either understood why it needed to happen, or trusted her decision.

"If Winthorpe wants the power source he is a fool." Aeliana said after Aranvus had finished his report, then followed up with "Or extremely cunning."
She looked up at the Astropath, and imagining him looking at her questioningly she explained
" He offered us anything we wished to take from the site. He would have known we’d scan the planet and find whatever was down there. So that begs the question: Why?"

She let the question hang for a moment and glanced at Arkhat to see if he’d have a different view after scanning the planet.
"We’ll have to gain access to the power source before we can answer those questions."
"Suggestions on how to attack?"

Toxic Mind
2017-05-19, 02:53 PM
"Do the scans reveal the origin of the power source? Xenos or Human?"

The Glyphstone
2017-05-19, 03:03 PM
Arkhat obediently peered over the sensorium data, making a fuzzy Kroot-shaped outline in the air that indicated its location. For his part, the Kroot felt no slight at verifying what the warp-witch had concluded; the eyeless man 'saw' as many things Arkhat could not as vice versa, so it was only sensible to cover all of one's bases.

[roll0] vs 57 (+20 Detection). 3 DoS total.

Celticbear
2017-05-19, 03:07 PM
The energy source is Xenos, though what type of Xenos is unclear at this point. It is definitely not Ork though, it appears too sophisticated.

Retias
2017-05-19, 03:17 PM
Vra'elo considered their situation and the power source, quiet a moment before he moved with steady paces to view the planet himself, seeming more focused on the scenery then anything else. "I have thoughts to that end." He speaks up after a moment. "We are more then capable of dealing with the Orks, and I suspect Winthorpe would be himself, if he has forces of his own.

Safer to assume he does."

He winds long fingers together. "An unknown power source however, is unpredictable by its very nature. I concur, Lady Captain, this would be his goal. But he would consider it wise to have others investigate it and take the risks, before claiming it himself."

He turns to look back at their Captain. "I suspect he'll try to ambush us." The Tau suddenly seems to grin in delight. "I suspect he'll fail."

Toxic Mind
2017-05-19, 03:32 PM
"I find that nobles like to beg for their lives, and offer many bribes once their schemes have failed." You get the distinct sense that Alexandros did not accept many of those bribes in his lifetime.

"A xenos power source bears investigating."

Volthawk
2017-05-19, 03:41 PM
Aranvus nods. "Indeed. A potentially worthy prize, but one that invites betrayal." He shrugs. "The usual, then. Should be manageable, Emperor willing. As for the attack...as I said, I recommend close reconnaissance to figure out more about the orks' status and the nature of the xenos device, and work from there."

Chivy
2017-05-19, 04:22 PM
"Or the noble in question makes sure that she is rescued by her loyal crew who proceed to dismember the beings threatening her." Aeliana said in response to Alexandros’ experiences with nobles, the look on her face made it clear what she expected should she ever be taken by her enemies .

"I agree. Even something unknown that generates that kind of power is worth the risk."
She looked around the bridge to see if anybody had any additional ideas and then made her decision.

"We will take a Lighter and land a ways off so we won’t be seen coming down. Then we will have a closer look and see what we can see before cleansing the area. Make sure you are all geared for combat and have what we need to examine the power source. We will leave in one hour."
It would take about that time for the Lighter’s machine spirit to be awoken and she’d have to collect her own gear as well.
"Alexandros’, make sure you bless the Venerable Teleportarium Machine Spirits before we leave. I would like it pleasantly disposed to us if we have to make a quick return from the surface."

Retias
2017-05-19, 04:27 PM
Vra'elo turned to fully face Aeliana before striking a hand to his chest and inclining his head in a salute. Seeing no needs for words, and pleased at the thrill of battle to come, he strode from the bridge to make his way to hi own quarters and collect his armour and equipment.

The lure of conflict.. it had proved to be the best distraction from past losses.

Toxic Mind
2017-05-19, 04:28 PM
"Or the noble in question makes sure that she is rescued by her loyal crew who proceed to dismember the beings threatening her." Aeliana said in response to Alexandros’ experiences with nobles, the look on her face made it clear what she expected should she ever be taken by her enemies .

Alexandros shrugs.

"Alexandros’, make sure you bless the Venerable Teleportarium Machine Spirits before we leave. I would like it pleasantly disposed to us if we have to make a quick return from the surface."

Of course

Therumancer
2017-05-19, 05:32 PM
The silent form of Aiden listens to the conversation so far, he makes sure his prized books are safely stored in his quarters (no point in bringing a Navis Prima to a ground mission), and then quietly reports to the teleportarium.

Volthawk
2017-05-19, 06:11 PM
Aranvus nodded, returning to his quarters to get ready. His weapons were really just backup measures, but he liked to keep them with him, even if he can barely use the sword. Similarly, his armour was just regular flak, but it was somewhat comforting for him, a reminder of days in the Navy.

His chameleoline cloak back on over the armour, he headed to the hangar, Alaquill doing her usual and beating him there.

Chivy
2017-05-20, 04:01 AM
Slipping off her throne, it only took a few moments for Aeliana to relay her orders in clipped tones to the remaining bridge crew. They were to keep running silently, keep her party locked on auspex for if they needed a quick getaway, keep her informed of anything that appeared in system and to have a Lighter ready for her. The same orders she had given many times before when she left the ship.

There were Rogue Traders who did nothing but sit in their command thrones and order their men around. They would flood the planet with thousands of their crew to cleanse it from the greenskins and wait on that Throne for a report on what was down there. They would consider what Aeliana did foolishness and it probably was. But Aeliana was still young and she had many years in front of her where she would eventually be stuck to her Throne. This was the time for her adventures. That was why she led boarding parties personally and went to roofless planets with hostile xeno; she liked to get her hands dirty while she still could and her senior staff had been selected with that in mind. They either also loved the thrill of adventure or at least weren't opposed to it. Each competent enough to keep her alive with their unique skillset and she made sure they wanted for nothing because of it. Having somebody who is supposed to watch your back betray you because you were stingy with thrones wasn't the way she would be killed.
Leaving the ship was foolishness when she thought about it, but it was also the excitement she craved. So she accepted that foolishness inside of her. Those thoughts crossed her mind as she made her way to her dressing rooms. They often did before she put herself in danger.

Her dressing rooms were adjacent to her other living spaces, (lavish bedroom and possibly even more lavish bathroom, comfortable living room, grand dining room and a stylish reception room), only a short way from the Bridge and she entered after using her biometrics to unlock the doors. Inside were racks upon racks of every kind of clothing known to man and xeno. She walked to an open area somewhere in the middle of the room.
"Battle." was al she said and the room turned into a flurry of motion. Racks of clothing moved and twisted, the prettier clothing swirling away while an array of bodygloves were twisted into view. Servitors previously hidden in the racks quickly helped her out of her clothes and into the bodyglove she had pointed to. Her hair was braided and pinned to the back of her head, then her Carapace was strapped on, plate by plate. It had been a gift from her father, some of the best craftmenship found anywhere and it showed in it's efficiently elegant lines. It was a beatifull deep black color and had gilding and scrollwork along most edges, her personal sigil adorned the left pauldron, the Dynasty's the right. It sat around her like it had been poared instead of crafted and would be equally fitting wear in a grand banquet or on a bloodsoaked battlefield.

The servitors belted on her gunbelt and with a proper benediction she holstered her two Wrath Plasma pistols in their thigh holsters and her laspistol in the small of her back, followed by half a dozen additional clips. The weapons were all beautifully crafted, with the same efficiently elegant lines and ornamentation her armour had. It gave the weapons a particular look and feel... possibly feminine. They would look odd in a man's hands and right in a woman's that was for sure.

The final weapon in her arsenal was the Dynasty's Heir's ornamental sword which she slid into the scabbard on her back, the hilt positioned perfectly for a left-handed draw. It was a slightly curved mono blade with significantly more gilding and jewels than the rest of her gear, but it also had that femine feel to it and it singled her out as the Heir to the Dynasty to everybody who knew of it. It had been made for her Grandmother when she had become the Heir and had been given to Aeliana by her father when he declared her his Heir.

Taking her time to make sure that she was properly attired and that the servitors had refilled the bit of water and foodstuffs she carried in her belt, Aeliana waited while listening in on the vox and keeping an eye on her chrono. She had said one hour, so arriving after less than half that would drive the crew into a frenzy to get the Lighter ready. She would demand it if she needed to, but Alexandros also needed time to placate the teleportarium machine spirits so she stood listening to the sounds of her ship over the vox and drinking some watered wine a servitor brought her.

She knew exactly how long it would take for her to reach the Lighter bay and left the instant she could arrive with a minute to spare.

Toxic Mind
2017-05-20, 11:07 AM
Alexandros finished his ministrations quickly. The machine spirits of the ship liked him - he thought like they did, all logic and circuits. He supposed he would like them back, were he capable of such emotion any longer, but he instead felt nothing except a small amount of satisfaction that the duty had been performed to specification. To ensure accuracy, he has his servitors bring up one of the underdeck mutants that he keeps for just such purposes. Disgusting creatures, but useful.

He chains the mutant on the teleportatium pad, and activates the ancient machine. Using the ship scanners, he locates the mutant. 100% accuracy to exactly the point he designated. That point happened to be 150 meters outside the hull of the ship, but it was still spot on.

He gave thanks to the machine spirit again for its work, then headed down to the lander bay. He would check the work of the lighter's engiseers, but knew it would be satisfactory. No one wanted to be the one who failed him, after all.

Therumancer
2017-05-20, 02:26 PM
Giving himself a slight smack on the head for being so absent minded, Aiden heads for the lighter bay. :)

Volthawk
2017-05-20, 06:08 PM
Next to the Lighter, Aranvus sits in quiet meditation, giving little indication of noticing as the others arrive. Once everybody has arrived, he takes a few more moments before speaking. "If we are all willing, I would suggest that I create a mental link between us all. Silent communication would be an asset here." He then returns to meditation awaiting an answer.

The Glyphstone
2017-05-21, 10:39 AM
Again unnoticed, Arkhat makes its way as a rippling shadow on the wall to the lower deck section that the Kroot honor-guard contingent have claimed for their own. None of the regular human crew venture into the area, and the Kroot have commensurately redecorated the spaces with vegetation in a crude but effective imitation of the living quarters on a warsphere. Let the humans give their rites and prayers to their god-Emperor; Arkhat and its people had their own rites and their own spirits to worship. Arkhat is senior amongst the warriors, and thus the one who will accompany the Trader to the surface and do battle against the Orks, but the Shaper leads all of them in ceremony all the same. The ancestors give their blessings, and so fortified Arkhat rejoins the other command crew on the shuttle deck inside the lighter.

Celticbear
2017-05-21, 11:34 AM
The lighter takes you down onto the surface of the planet. The sky is green, the plants are few, and a creature that looks as if a rat were mixed with a kangaroo hops on by. You can see smoke in the distance, which in closer inspection appears to be a large bonfire surrounded by a red metal wall.

Retias
2017-05-21, 11:54 AM
Vra'elo moves quickly out of the shuttle, his armour marked with colours to better reflect the flora they're in the midst in. His helmet is in place, allowing him to speak into his vox without being overheard. Scanning the immediate area, the Tau drops to a crouch, slinking forward with his trusty rifle to hand. ++I advise we eliminate the Orks quietly if they're alone, avoid groups of them. But with ambush on our side, a quick series of strikes could eliminate all 13 if you choose.++

Volthawk
2017-05-21, 11:59 AM
Aranvus takes a few steps out, Alaquill sitting on him, assessing the situation and trying to sense any psychic activity before turning to the others. "Now unless there are any complaints, I will establish the link." With that, he takes a few more moments of quiet meditation before drawing on his powers to connect to the party's minds. A pretty simple task, not requiring the full force of his psychic strength - and far less dangerous than other uses.

Alright, so Psyniscience first, with Alaquill assisting with Psy-Detector.
Psyniscience against TN 73 (Per 43 + Mastery 20 + Difficulty 10): [roll0] (on success, +2 DoS)

Invocation against TN 100 (WP 70 + Mastery 20 + Psy-Focus 10): [roll1] - Success (DoS don't really matter)
I'm then manifesting Mind Link, Fettered at PL3 (base 4, halved to 2, +1 with Invocation), so a focus check against TN 85 (WP 70 + PR 15): [roll2] - Just scraped a success
So on success, that's a mental link between us all with a 3km range, and capable of both speech and images (albeit black and white with a dreamlike quality, going by the power scale). Incidentally my WPB allows for Aranvus to link with seven people, so that's all us PCs and two more - I'm thinking the Lighter crew, unless we're bringing others with us.

Chivy
2017-05-21, 12:29 PM
"Do it Aranvus, the images will be useful." Aeliana was proud of keeping her voice steady and commanding with the warp about to be used to touch their minds. If any other Warpwitch had suggested it, she’d probably have shot the Emperor blasted fool, but she’d seen Aranvus wield the warp deftly for years. It also wasn’t the first time, but it was still a repulsive thought.
"After the Astropath is done, scout out what we will be facing, the rest of us will follow and keep as low as we can. Then we’ll wipe out the Greenskins."
She didn’t assign the task to particular members; she simply had the tone of expecting the best people for the job to get it done. Giving a little free reign when she could, showed trust and got her men to thinking for themselves. It had been one of her Father’s lessons, followed by the one which warned her of allowing them to think too much.

"Guard the Lighter and keep us patched into anything coming in from the Ship’s Auspex." She told the pilot and guardsmen which had descended with them in the lighter.

The Glyphstone
2017-05-21, 03:54 PM
Almost as soon as the lighter had touched down, and certainly before its engines had cooled, Arkat was already swinging out of his seat and through the hatch onto the ground. Even as it began to move, its chameleonic skin shifted to match the dull hues of the terrain seamlessly. Any rock potentially large enough to hide its crouching form became momentary cover; no Orks were in sight, but a competent stalker always assumed eyes were watching them.

Confident in its stealth, Arkhat drew right up to the perimeter of what appeared to be the Orkish camp and looked for a gap in the perimeter to see through. Its own senses were at full spread, tasting the scents and sounds in the air as much as the visuals; whatever made it through the psychic link to the remainder of the crew would be a pale shadow of what Arkhat experienced, and a part of its mind idly wondered what it was like to be as near-blind-and-deaf as the typical human.

Concealment vs. TN91:[roll0]
Silent Move vs. TN91:[roll1]

Therumancer
2017-05-21, 04:40 PM
Aiden silently grimaces under his helmet as the lighter touches down on the planet, he hates to be on the ground, much preferring to be in space. Leaning heavily on his metal staff he silently takes up a position near his Lord Captain as the scouts move out. Stealth has never been Aiden's forte. He finds the mind-link interesting, and again marvels at the powers wielded by astropaths.

Celticbear
2017-05-21, 06:00 PM
Three guards on the walls equidistant from the center, strangely organized for Orks. There is only the possibilty for detection from one of them, so basic untrained awareness (perception) will probably fail!

[roll0]

EDIT: Sorry, should have posted the TN. They were looking for a thirty.

Toxic Mind
2017-05-21, 09:13 PM
Alexandros looks suitably terrifying in lightning claws and holding his storm shield. He takes the front, at least the obvious one, with the Kroot scouting ahead. "What is the call, captain?"

The Glyphstone
2017-05-22, 07:43 AM
Though the psychic link, Arkhat sends back images of his findings - three isolated sentries, and the larger group in the center performing some sort of ceremony. He sends through the audio of the Ork leader's speech as well, on the off chance one of the other crew members is fluent in the 'language'.

Volthawk
2017-05-23, 09:01 AM
Aranvus starts to sneak closer to the orks to be able to use his other powers, his cloak helping to make up for his lack in actual training. He supplemented this with a little psychic help, trying to suppress the sentries' ability to hear him coming.

Concealment against TN 50 (Ag 40 + 20 cloak + 10 Charm - 20 untrained): [roll0] - Successful with 4 DoS

Then manifesting Sensory Deprivation, Unfettered at PL4, TN 90 (WP 70 + PL 4): [roll1] - Just scraped a plain success
It's an Opposed WP check against all three orks (and since I can target seven, let's say the closest four inside) any who lose can't detect Aranvus by hearing for as long as I sustain it (my familiar means I can sustain this and the mental link).
In case I fail against any, Silent Move against TN 20 (Ag 40 - 20 untrained): [roll2] - Well that's a hell of a failure

Celticbear
2017-05-23, 09:34 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Look at all them rollz!

So, a LOT of things just happened, so let me break it down roll by roll:

Two of the wall guards succeeded on resisting the attack, but they are too far away to see you anyway.

Only one of the people inside resisted, but another crit fails, and falls asleep.

Da Boss did not see you, but one of his cronies did, so here comes some roll-playing!

'Ey boss! I think I see a humie! says one of the Orks as he raises his Shoota.

Da Boss trembles in rage, and screams: Put dat shoota down! We are in da presence of da walka! We don wan to piss off da walka, or you be walkin' in da warp! Probably a rat fing, or somethin else. Towa guad! You see anythin?

No boss, I ain't seen nothin.

Retias
2017-05-23, 04:15 PM
Preparing to support Arkhat's coming strike if needed, Vra'elo crouches and rests his rifle in place, taking aim at the Ork in question and letting his markerlight paint the Xeno for their equipment and strike.

Half action aiming and will hold to single shot if needed.

Toxic Mind
2017-05-23, 05:05 PM
Alexandos activates his claw and shield and moves to the edge of the engagement range, ready to run towards the gate when the fighting kicks off.

The Glyphstone
2017-05-23, 07:20 PM
With its prey distracted, Arkhat takes advantage and leaps into the attack! Blurring into visibility behind the Ork, it swings the burning-hot power sword in a savage arc that carves deep into the greenskin's side. Recapturing the left-over momentum, it bounds away at an angle and melds its outline seamlessly with the wall of the crude fort.

Celticbear
2017-05-23, 08:37 PM
Look boss! That Kroot just cut me! Waaaaaaaaaagh! screams the grunt, who does not look all too happy.

Waaaaaaaaagggghhhh!

Volthawk
2017-05-24, 10:43 AM
Seeing that things are heading to a fight, Aranvus uses his powers once more, drawing not only deeply from the Warp, but from his faith in the Emperor and his soul-bound connection to Him.

Aranvus, along with any of the Imperium's symbols the group have, glow with a bright light and all among them is the sound of a choir, extolling the virtue and sacredness of their duty and mission, while damning the Orks as foul beasts, unfit to live. All this serves to give his allies a psychic boost, a feeling of vindication in their battles and one that pushes them to be even deadlier in combat.

The amount he drew upon the Warp has its drawbacks, however. Aranvus feels the pain of a surge of warp energy in his mind, forcing him to his knees and confusing him for a while.

OK, manifesting Chorus of the Righteous, pushing for 3 to make PL 7. By my understanding everyone's within 14m right now (Arkhat having assassin striked back 6m), so everyone is affected - dropping Sensory Deprivation to sustain this instead.

Focus test against TN 105 (WP 70 + PL 35): 24 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22026710&postcount=160) - That's... 8 DoS, so everyone affected gets +30 to BS and WS.

Perils roll here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22026621&postcount=158), so taking Warp Shock, dealing [roll0] Damage and Stunning for [roll1] rounds.

Incidentally, since I was stationary this turn, my camo cloak makes all ranged attacks against me count as being one range category further away.

Celticbear
2017-05-24, 12:41 PM
Da Boss engages in a longer cry of WWWWWAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH, rallying his troops!

Command roll to inspire: [roll0]
EDIT: At least it wasn't a crit fail

The gruntz all huddle around Da Boss, bringing their shootas into aim

Going into a full auto overwatch, they have bulging biceps.

The Towa Guards raise their powa claws and jump off of the wall, one of them makes it Alexandros

Athletics they don't need athletics rolls to make it off of the wall, thier unnatural toughness soaks it up, the two Orks on the far side of the wall are about 20 meters from you, the one on Alexandros is, well, on Alexandros

To hit [roll1]
damage [roll2] pen 4. The power klaw is a bit old.
EDIT:... better dodge that.

Toxic Mind
2017-05-24, 05:41 PM
Alexandros watches dispassionately as the Orks leap screaming their guttural war-cry over the wall. He waited, and one of the greenskin xenos obliged. Swinging its ridiculous scrap-pile of a power weapon over its head, it brought it crashing down towards the Reaver. He raised his shield and bashed the stroke aside with ease, before replying with his own strike of his lightning claws. The foul xenos managed to sidestep the blow at the last moment, and the battle was joined in truth. Through the entire exchange, Alexandros is silent, with merely the unholy light of hatred burning in his eyes.

Chivy
2017-05-24, 05:56 PM
Aeliana had listened to her advisors and formulated a simple plan to thin the Greenskins out a bit before they engaged in actual battle, but it seemed that the Emperor had a wicked sense of humor and while she had been drawing a bead on one of the Orc guards another Orc caught sight of one of them. Everybody exploded into action, with Orcs running towards them and the sound of power weapons filling the air.

She kept her pistols trained on the Orc that had been closest to them, but could not get a good shot as it moved and it became even worse when it engaged the Enginseer who stood ready to intercept everything coming their way. The Greenskin attacked and Alexandros deflected the blow putting himself right between Aeliana and the greenskin. Swallowing a curse she kept looking for an opening when Alexandros struck out with his Claws and the xeno scum moved to avoid it, right into the path of Aeliana’s waiting pistols. She grinned as the heated plasma excited her weapons, both bolts striking her target dead center in each eye and blowing out the back of it’s head.

One down, a lot more to go.

For whoever wants the +10% from exceptional leader this round;
"Kill them quickly."

and now I realy am going to bed.

Therumancer
2017-05-24, 06:13 PM
Aiden opens his Helmet visor revealing his hideous mutant visage and warp eye, and snaps off an energy blast, missing the approaching Ork just barely and blowing a chunk out of a nearby tree.

The Glyphstone
2017-05-27, 08:37 PM
Seeing the first of its victims burning merrily, and likely quite distracted by this fact, Arkhat turns to the next-closest member of the warband and leaps out to slash at it as well.

Charge w/ Chorus bonus vs. TN101: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1], Agility Test vs. Fire
If I hit, Assassin Strike to retreat backwards 6 meters.
Concealment vs. TN91: [roll2]

For easy reference:
Fire demands a Willpower +0 test each turn to do anything except run in circles screaming. Pass lets target either act normally or fall prone and make an Agility -20 test to extinguish the flames, subject to environmental circumstances and/or allies giving assistance.

Celticbear
2017-05-27, 10:11 PM
Stupid wittle kroot man!

[roll0]

EDIT: He failed.