PDA

View Full Version : Creating a custom campaign setting

flappeercraft
2017-05-16, 09:05 PM
So I wanted to create a custom campaign setting for the current game I'm running and I need some ideas of what to add. Go nuts, anything that is said in this thread might and probably will be added if it still allows the game to be playable, enjoyable and is not creating new game mechanics such as mew monsters kinds (for which purpose this is 3.X D&D). Anything such as but not limited to location names, NPC's, special locations, cultures, villains, descriptions of places, dungeons, etc.

daremetoidareyo
2017-05-17, 07:34 AM
Alright, what do I want? I want mobster like gangs of amphibious raptorans based off of cormorants who rule the ocean. Anyone who wants to use the sea to trade needs to pay them enough to get their beak wet.

I want yuan-ti to be servants of coutls. And their reputation for evil is actually a slander campaign by Evil psionic Tibbits. Their conflict stems from access to astral nodes: ancient gem Dragon weapons. The tibbits use them to import a drug from the outer planes that makes their kittens psionic. The coutls are trying to take over the gem Dragon vigil against what humanoids call "the threat"

flappeercraft
2017-05-17, 08:51 AM
Alright, what do I want? I want mobster like gangs of amphibious raptorans based off of cormorants who rule the ocean. Anyone who wants to use the sea to trade needs to pay them enough to get their beak wet.

I want yuan-ti to be servants of coutls. And their reputation for evil is actually a slander campaign by Evil psionic Tibbits. Their conflict stems from access to astral nodes: ancient gem Dragon weapons. The tibbits use them to import a drug from the outer planes that makes their kittens psionic. The coutls are trying to take over the gem Dragon vigil against what humanoids call "the threat"

Definitely adding the mobster amphibiosu Raptorans and I will make the Yuan-ti with a good alignment and a good part of the ones with neutral serve Couatls. The part of bad reputation for evil by evil psionic tibbits I might not but I might do that with some other race instead.

evocurio
2017-05-17, 09:32 PM
I've always wanted to work with a culture of boat-house inhabitants. They can travel as a fleet, or split off as necessary. More or less self-contained, society that's as elusive as you want to make them. Also provides a good out for the PC's if they find themselves in trouble in the middle of the ocean.

daremetoidareyo
2017-05-17, 10:42 PM
I would want to see a technocratic goblin society that survives in badlands between contested territories of humans, orcs, bugbears, hobgoblins, and a dragon.

Westhart
2017-05-19, 10:45 AM
How about flipping the elves around? dark elves now are good, living in sunlight etc, meanwhile the normal are underground, cannibalistic and possibly gain heretic of the faith as a bonus feat for correlion? PC's start slaughtering, feel bad for those who thought themselves "good" for killing the drow :smallbiggrin: