PDA

View Full Version : Popculture characters per Archetype

j_spencer93
2017-05-16, 11:22 PM
I am looking to match each Archetype up with a character that fits it creatively for an upcoming campaign which mixes Anime/Comics/movies/games/etc. I am not looking for full builds, just names, source, and reasons why. If there are third party classes that fit a popular character really well, id love to know about them.
So far this is what i have:

Artificer
Alchemist- Green Goblin (Marvel)
GunSmith- Cyborg (DC)

Bard
Lore- Kubo (Kubo and the Two Strings)
Valor- ETC (Heroes of the Storm)
Swords- Gieve (Heroic Legend of Arslan)
Satire- Kefka (FF)
Glamour- Saint Walker (DC)
Whispers- Joker (DC)

Barbarian
Berserker- Hulk (Marvel)
Totem Warrior- Kraven (Marvel)
Battlerager- Rhino. (Marvel)
Ancestral Guardian- Night Wolf (Mortal Kombat)
Storm Herald- Odinson (Marvel)
Zealot- Thunderstrike (Marvel)

Cleric
Knowledge- Prodigy (Marvel)
life- Kibito Kai (DBZ)
light- Sting (Fairy Tail)
nature- Animal Man (DC)
tempest- Thor (Marvel)
trickery- Loki (Marvel)
war- Archer/Gilgamesh (Fate// series)
arcana- Aladdin (Magi)
death- Sabriel (Sabriel)
forge- Juggernaut (Marvel)
grave- Nekron (DC)
protection- Green Lantern (DC)
City-

Druid
Land- Swamp Thing (Marvel)
Moon- Beast Boy (DC)
dreams- King (Seven Deadly Sins)
shepherd- Aquaman (DC)
twilight- Brother Voodoo (Marvel)

Fighter
Battlemaster- Captain America, could be cool and thematic. (Marvel)
Eldritch knight- Magik (Marvel)
Arcane Archer- Celestial Archer (DC)
Champion- Guts (Berserk)
purple dragon knight-
cavalier- Rider (Fate// series)
scout- Hawkman (DC)
monster hunter- Van Hellsing (Van Hellsing)
Knight- Daryun (Heroic Legend of Arslan)
Samurai- Mifune (Naruto)
sharpshooter- Hawkeye (Marvel)

Mystic
Immortal- Madara Uchiha (Naruto)
Soul Knife- Psylocke (Marvel)
Wu Jen- Shoto Todoroki (My Hero Academia)
Awakened- Vision (Marvel)
Nomad- Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)

Monk
Open Hand- Saitama (One Punch Man)
Shadows- Cloak (Marvel)
Four Elements- Aang (Avatar: The Last air bender)
Long Death- Black Hand (DC)
Sun Soul- Goku (Dragon Ball Z)
Kensei- Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
tranquility- Yoda (Star Wars)
Drunken Master- Bacchus (Fairy Tail)

Paladin
Ancients- Wonderwoman (DC)
Vengeance- Atrocitus (DC)
devotion- Superman (DC)
crown- UA Agent (Marvel)
oathbreaker- The Serpent (Marvel)
treachery- As Nodt (Bleach)
conquest- Slader (Seven Deadly Sins)
redemption- Jugram Haschwalth (Bleach)

Ranger
beast- Kiba Akimaru (Naruto)
hunter- huntress (DC)
deep stalker- Black Panther (Marvel)
horizon walker- Azazel (Marvel)
primeval guardian- Kamui Woods (My Hero Academia)
monster hunter- Geralt (Witcher)

Rogue
Assassin- Deathstroke (DC)
thief- Catwoman (DC)
Arcane trickster- Gambit (Marvel)
mastermind- Red Hood (DC)
swashbuckler- Solomon Kane (Soloman Kane)
inquisitive- Batman (DC)
deep stalker- Daredevil (Marvel)
scout- Black Widow (Marvel)

Sorcerer
Draconic- Natsu (Fairy Tail)
Wild Magic- Scarlet Witch (Marvel)
favored soul- Elixir (Marvel)
storm sorcery- Storm (Marvel)
shadow- Alucard (Hellsing)
phoenix- Phoenix (Marvel)
sea sorcery- Rain (Mortal Kombat)
stone sorcery- Tessai (Ninja Scrolls)
pyromancer- Endeavor (My Hero Academia) [Comes from planeshift]

Warlock
Archfey- Uryu Ishida. (Bleach)
Fiend- Ghost Rider (Marvel)
Great Old One- Moondragon (Marvel)
Undying- Nekron (DC)
Seeker- Warlock (Marvel)
Undying light- White Lantern (DC)
Hexblade- Black Knight (Marvel)
Raven queen- Raven. (DC)

Wizard
Abjuration- Hisako Ishiki/Armor (Marvel)
Conjuration- Goblin Queen (Marvel)
Divination- Yhwach (Bleach)
Enchantment- Enchantress (Marvel)
Evocation- Doctor Strange (Marvel)
Illusion- Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)
Necromancy- Nekron (DC)
Transmutation- Father (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Bladesinger- Makelith (Marvel)
artificer-
lore master- John Constatine (DC)
theurgy- Doctor Fate (DC)
war magic-

Ninja_Prawn
2017-05-17, 01:25 AM
Well, the girls from Kill la Kill are all fighters, as far as I'm concerned. They're not casters and not monks or rogues, so it's between barbarian and fighter, and I'd argue that fighter is the better fit. Without homebrew, I guess maybe... Samurai? Can't actually remember the mechanics to that one.

If we're allowing webcomics, Alison from Kill Six Billion Demons is now (http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-4-25/) a SPOILERS Fiend-pact warlock END SPOILERS.

Saboteurs in Hitsugi no Chaika (Toru and Akari) are probably rogue/barbarian multiclasses... Though that's an approximation. I'm not sure how Chaika herself fits into the d&d class structure. Maybe wizard? If so, probably an evoker.

I'm sure I can come up with a few more when I'm not on a train; stay tuned...

Jerrykhor
2017-05-17, 01:41 AM
I'll do the Mystic.

Mystic
Immortal- Wolverine (X-Men)
Soul Knife- Psylocke (X-Men)
Wu Jen- Shoto Todoroki (My Hero Academia)
Awakened- Charles Xavier (X-Men)
Nomad- Nightcrawler (X-Men)

SmokingSkull
2017-05-17, 01:46 AM
For the Champion Fighter I'd say Guts from Berserk, reason being he's a very straightforward fighter who's tough as nails, uses different weapons and grit to overcome his opposition. The way he just cleaves through everything can be connected to Improved Critical. The way he leaps about in full plate definitely reminds me of Remarkable Athlete. He uses his big sword, the repeating crossbow and one shot cannon in his fake arm and his throwing knives, much like a Champion masters more than one fighting style. And finally, Guts is one tough S.O.B., I mean he gets his butt kicked by demons on a regular basis and lives! Can you say Survivor?

Of course one could argue that the Berserker is also a good fit, though the whole cannot benefit from rage in heavy armor thing prevents me from making the connection. I mean I suppose you could reflavor half-plate to seem more covering but even then Guts wears field plate if I must be technical, not the same thing. I digress, there's my two copper.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-05-17, 02:23 AM
Let's see... RWBY should be good for a few, though the magitech setting muddies the waters. Ruby herself is hard to place... maybe a hunter or monster hunter ranger? For Weiss I'd say bladesinger, Blake is an arcane trickster and Yang is a berserker.

Bell Cranel from Danjon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darō ka is clearly a devotion paladin.

Kim Ross from Dresden Codak is an interesting one. She should be an artificer, but I don't think it really represents her that well. You could maybe say that her technology skills are analogous to transmutation in D&D, while her Dark Science powers look like sorcery... At the end of the day, wizard is going to be the closest match.

solidork
2017-05-17, 07:49 AM
Rogue Inquisitive - L (Death Note)
Totem Barbarian - Kraven? (Marvel)
War Cleric - Archer/Gilgamesh (Fate)

Joe the Rat
2017-05-17, 08:13 AM
Of course one could argue that the Berserker is also a good fit, though the whole cannot benefit from rage in heavy armor thing prevents me from making the connection. I mean I suppose you could reflavor half-plate to seem more covering but even then Guts wears field plate if I must be technical, not the same thing. I digress, there's my two copper.Most of his rage tendencies tend to fit well with the Champion's can't stop this guy traits.

His actual "berserk" berserks are from the cursed armor - bringing out the inner beast.

---

- Hulk is a good Berserker. If you're not feeling it - Planet Hulk. (Also Old Strength --> Earth Sorcerer)

- On Captain Rogers: As much as we like talking awesome movesets, his character is more leading by example, and being an inspiration (the parts that did not "come out of a bottle") that are truly defining. This is why he's a Devotion Paladin Poster Boy (NOT Crown - he is about ideals, not rulers). If you want a less magical version, Banneret / Purple Dragon Knight and some love would represent well. Valor Bard is also an option.

Ancestral Guardians - fits well with Armor (Hisako Ichiki) - She describes the source of her armor as her ancestors. Also, she's trained by one of the greatest rage-monkeys ever...

Totem Barbarian - Wolverine. Mixing Bear and Wolf (and Possibly Tiger) will get a lot of the more animalistic abilities. Bear at 3 makes up for the distinct lack of adamantium and healing factor for building characters. Dwarf gets your the short and hairy version.

Artificer - Usopp (One Piece) can work as an alchemist, or as a strange variation of gunsmith (particularly once he makes kabuto). He's very much a bag of tricks and building everyone else's cool gear kind of guy.

Arcane Archers, Sharpshooters, Bow-focused Hunter Rangers: Hawkeye, Green Arrow, and their various knockoffs (of which there are many, including each other)... pretty much anyone with a history of sticking bombs and boxing gloves on a stick and shooting it from a bow. Vash the Stampede might work better as sharpshooter - angel gun aside, he's ridiculous accuracy, not huge wodging boom stick.

Moon Druid - Garfield Logan / Beast Boy / Changeling (various DC properties). I'd offer up Joseph Listens-to-Wind from the Dresden Files, but I don't think he's appeared in comic form...

Wizard Evoker: Harry Dresden. He's reasonably good with fire. And appeared in comic form. So ha.

Warlock (Great Old One): Rasputin (Hellboy). Who does he work for again?

And now for some crazy:

Rogue (Thief): Joseph Joestar (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure). Strange breathing techniques and excessive strength aside, he's the master of Bluff and Fast Hands. Insanely fast hands.

DragonSorcererX
2017-05-17, 10:26 AM
And now for some crazy:

Rogue (Thief): Joseph Joestar (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure). Strange breathing techniques and excessive strength aside, he's the master of Bluff and Fast Hands. Insanely fast hands.

Are you crazy! Joseph is some sort of Monk/Paladin...

And Old Joseph is a Sun Soul Monk with the ranged attack refflufed as Hermit Purple + Hamon...

Slayn82
2017-05-17, 11:25 AM
The Mask (the one from Jim Carrey's movie) is a Bard of Satire.

The pulp hero The Shadow is a Bard of Whispers, with his modus operandi being disguises, minions, hypnotism, invisibility and turning enemies against themselves.

Tempest Cleric is the mythological and Marvel's Thor build - don't forget gloves of strength.

j_spencer93
2017-05-17, 11:38 AM
Ok i used Psylocke and Guts. I am looking more into some of the others i don't know much about.

Xavier prob will be added.
Nightcrawler fits.

Alison is sort of neat.

Archer for war cleric is interesting....that might end up being who i use.
Tempest cleric...yea that does fit thor, how did i miss that?
Armor is a good one... love that

Catullus64
2017-05-17, 12:02 PM
Much of this depends on how loosely you're willing to play with the class's abilities (very few characters will have powers reflective of D&D spell-casting), but here are a few comic characters whose powers and abilities overall reflect certain subclasses.

Alchemist Artificer: Doctor Alchemy, natch.
Totem Warrior Barbarian: Vixen (Channels the physical power of animal forms.)
Trickery Cleric: For Marvel's iteration of Loki to count, he would have to be a cleric of himself... ah screw it, I'm putting him down anyway
Moon Druid: Beast Boy (Specifically the restriction on shapeshifting that you have to have seen the animal before.)
Land Druid: Poison Ivy, actually, probably fits the theme best.
Arcane Archer: Just about all of the Arcane Shot options resemble something used by DC and Marvel's designated archer characters, Hawkeye, Green Arrow, and affiliated supporting cast.
Immortal Mystic: Reminds me a lot of Bene Gesserit adepts from Dune. Dune got made into a comic once, right?
Soul Knife Mystic: Psylocke is a dead match, excepting, you know, all the other mystic powers.
Open Hand Monk: Karate Kid from the Legion of Superheroes
Devotion Paladin: Shining Knight would seem to fit the class theme and tenets best. If you go for the Demon Knights incarnation, Oath of the Crown fits better.
Vengeance Paladin: The Specter is a literal angel of vengeance, a good fit.
Ancients Paladin: Not the powers, per se, but the Tenets of the Ancients listed in the PHB are spot-on for Wonder Woman.
Primeval Guardian Ranger: Swamp Thing? Maybe.
Swashbuckler Rogue: Nightcrawler. A charismatic, witty, agile fencer, not to mention the time he became a literal swashbuckling pirate. Nightwing could be said to be a good candidate as well.
Inquisitive Rogue: Insightful Fighting screams Batgirl III, Cassandra Cain, as do the other observation related skills. Tim Drake is a close second.
Archfiend Warlock: Not much in terms of abilities, but Jason Blood is bound together with a literal demon, Etrigan, who fights in his place.

Corran
2017-05-17, 12:20 PM
Allucard (the vampire) is a shadow sorcerer?

DragonSorcererX
2017-05-17, 12:21 PM
Allucard (the vampire) is a shadow sorcerer?

Maybe a gestalt Shadow Sorcerer//Gunslinger.

j_spencer93
2017-05-17, 03:04 PM
Actually if you give psylocke only telekinesis, and similar force effects it works.
I like all the suggestions. And honestly, as long as you can explain why an idea fits great, I will prob accept it.
I am redoing the list in Word and will have it up soon.

Why wolverine for immortal??? It would make him hard to die but nothing else really fits.
Alucard would be hard to fit....shadow sorcerer would work though, hell it even has the hound.

Wouldnt Deathblow be a good immortal? Look on the DC wiki for him if unsure of who he is.

suplee215
2017-05-17, 03:41 PM
Thor Odinson can fit in for Storm Barbarian or Temptest Cleric. I almost want to put him more in Barbarian and put Beta Ray Bill as the Tempest Cleric.

j_spencer93
2017-05-17, 04:01 PM
Hmmm...true. I may switch them around.
LMAO...actually to screw with my brother who is a huge old marvel fan, Odinson is the storm herald and thor (jane foster) will be the cleric.

The fiend pact warlock can create a sweet mace thing now thanks to the new invocations...would like to use most of those new invocations to separate the different "patrons".

Also for elritch knight i am thinking Ichigo unless anyone has a marvel or DC character (or other) that would fit better

Black Hand makes a great long Death monk.
Oddly...the only one i can think of for Tranquility monk is gohan...and that doesnt even fit that well.

DUH...Magik for eldritch knight.

Armor was changed to abjuration wizard. I think it fits her armor slightly better although it does lack a little of the fluff.

Zanthy1
2017-05-17, 05:38 PM
I always viewed Darth Vader as a LE Vengeance Paladin

j_spencer93
2017-05-17, 05:43 PM
Celestial Archer (DC comics) might fit the arcane archer, would like to keep whoever i use for him as an actually magical archer.

And you know...that may work...the force powers though...
For the knight i was thinking Daryun for Arslan.

Tiamatwing
2017-05-17, 06:31 PM
going to try some from the nanoha franchise, may add more later though other are welcome to add/discuss themselves.

Nanoha Takamachi - Sorcerer (Favored Soul) - Great Persuasion/intimidate skills, her signature spells use both spell lists, nanoha without hold person isn't nanoha, and her control and manipulation of them lends well to metamagic.

Fate Testarossa - Paladin (Devotion) or Tempest Cleric - Her fighting style and personality fits both extremely well, the former fits her fighting style and martial focus better but the latter makes use of her lightning affinity and spells more.

Hayate Yagami - Warlock (GOO probably) - Considering how she got her power warlock is the only answer, especially as her spells are used rarely but are always powerful when used, with GOO fitting the theme of her abilities the most though Fiend could also be considered.

j_spencer93
2017-05-17, 06:37 PM
i know absolutely nothing about that series. lol ill have to research it.

suplee215
2017-05-17, 06:44 PM
Alchemist made me think of Green Goblin right away.

Sredni Vashtar
2017-05-17, 07:13 PM
The three Player's Handbook Paladin Oaths correspond personality-wise to DC's Trinity. Superman (Oath of Devotion), Wonder Woman (Oath of the Ancients), and Batman (Oath of the Night Vengeance).

j_spencer93
2017-05-17, 07:17 PM
The three Player's Handbook Paladin Oaths correspond personality-wise to DC's Trinity. Superman (Oath of Devotion), Wonder Woman (Oath of the Ancients), and Batman (Oath of the Night Vengeance).

Dude...i love this thank you. I can give them magical items to fix the things that are missing. You are a god send lol
Btw i like the green goblin so i decided to use him.

madara makes a great Immortal
Obito makes a great nomad

Have no bards so far...any ideas?

Actually i think vision is a better awakened then xavier.

suplee215
2017-05-17, 09:22 PM
Bards, ok you got Dazzler as a singer (X-Men member who was a pop diva who used her light based power). Maybe not the best. Pied Piper (a Flash villain/ally) uses a flute to mind control people so Lore Bard works for him more than her I think. I am trying to think of a valor bard. A skald type story teller will be best. I was thinking Nightcrawler but I think he is best served as a warlock of the archfey ability wise. Back to Valor Bard, Wonder Man (avenger who is a movie star) probably works amazing, or Booster Gold.

suplee215
2017-05-17, 09:24 PM
Booster Gold will probably be best as a Satire Bard (him or deadpool)

j_spencer93
2017-05-17, 09:29 PM
Bards, ok you got Dazzler as a singer (X-Men member who was a pop diva who used her light based power). Maybe not the best. Pied Piper (a Flash villain/ally) uses a flute to mind control people so Lore Bard works for him more than her I think. I am trying to think of a valor bard. A skald type story teller will be best. I was thinking Nightcrawler but I think he is best served as a warlock of the archfey ability wise. Back to Valor Bard, Wonder Man (avenger who is a movie star) probably works amazing, or Booster Gold.

Agree with dazzler but not sure where to put her. I know she was a singer. Wonder man again isnt ability wise right...mmm
Satire bard could be deadpool or booster, ill keep those in mind.

valor-
lore- Pied Pier does fit
satire-
sword-
whisper-

suplee215
2017-05-17, 09:31 PM
I know you got Rhino as a Battlerager but when I played one recently I kept feeling like Wolverine. He is dwarf like in stature, heals each turn (temp hit points), throws and attacks recklessly with his body etc. Lack of spike armor might hamper some of the abilities but even punching him hurts due to metal skeleton. Zealot will need a religious brawler. Maybe Aquaman or Namor? No, just got it. Thunderstrike (a man worthy of Thor's hammer who became a 90s version of Thor). Or Skruge (a Thor enemy with a great axe who stood alone at the gates of hell and none passed). Posion Ivy is so a druid of land. Harley Quinn as Satire Bard fits better than my previous suggestion. sorry if going too much with this. I love this idea is all.

suplee215
2017-05-17, 09:32 PM
What is a glamour bard? I forget that UA but Dazzler might fit it.

suplee215
2017-05-17, 09:35 PM
Ghostrider is fiend warlock to a T (pact of the bike).

suplee215
2017-05-17, 09:38 PM
Hexblade should be easy, just think of someone with a magic sword. Katana, Black Knight, the newest Thor all works well for that type of deal. Thor (Jane Foster) has the most Warlock type abilities.

solidork
2017-05-17, 09:41 PM
I mean, if you squint then John Constantine could be a Lore Bard? He was in a band. :smallbiggrin: You need magic and good skills, and I don't think Arcane Trickster has enough magic and Warlocks don't have enough skills. I haven't actually read that much of Hellblazer and none of the recent stuff, but despite "deal with the devil" kinda being his MO, Warlock feels a little bit too beholden to their patron. The Book of Ancient Secrets invocation seems to fit his jackdaw magical style perfectly, but you could get the same effect with the Ritual Caster feat.

suplee215
2017-05-17, 09:42 PM
Ranger. Beastmaster could be Falcon (has a telepathic falcon who helps in the comics). Also should be some other superheroes with pets but can't think of any. Hunter just seems like another archer (Green Arrow?). Primeval Guardian is going to be saying "I am Groot" at least once no matter who plays them. Rogue thief is clearly Catwoman. Assassin could be deathstroke, Talia Al Ghul, or a billion others. arcane trickster could be fun with Gambit if you can get the right spells.

j_spencer93
2017-05-17, 09:49 PM
I like wolverine....he would make a nice one with a little fluff.
Ghost rider....duh
need to look at primeval guardian again.
Assassin can be deathstroke.

j_spencer93
2017-05-17, 10:03 PM
so one just mentioned to me gensis from FF7 as a bard because he recites poetry nonestop....thinking swords

Spore
2017-05-17, 10:12 PM
Kael'Thas Sunstrider is a Phoenix Mage and I feel Van Hellsing is a far better Monster Hunter than any Belmont. Most Belmonts use Divine or Arcane Magic pretty freely.

j_spencer93
2017-05-17, 10:14 PM
Kael'Thas Sunstrider is a Phoenix Mage and I feel Van Hellsing is a far better Monster Hunter than any Belmont. Most Belmonts use Divine or Arcane Magic pretty freely.

so think belmont would be a better cleric? and van hellsing is better, thanks. no clue who the first is.

Specter
2017-05-17, 10:17 PM
Paladin of the Crown? Look no further than... Darth Vader!

Mastermind Rogue definitely brings the Joker to mind, while Swashbuckler brings Inigo Montoya.

j_spencer93
2017-05-17, 10:55 PM
Paladin of the Crown? Look no further than... Darth Vader!

Mastermind Rogue definitely brings the Joker to mind, while Swashbuckler brings Inigo Montoya.

I idea was to sort of use someone who was explicity the archetype. Although they all fit, most of those listed (I would say all) are not the first to come to mind when you think of that archetype but they are nontheless.
Joker could work
Inigo montoya is to obviously a swashbuckler...same reason i havent used jack sparrow for one.

Ok so here are the ideas for the bards

Lore- someone smart that uses guile to outwite foes and general reads their movements to defeat them
Valor- someone focused on inspiring others
Sword- genesis...but he doesn't dual wield, so someone flashy who dual wields, slightly magical as well
Satire- someone who acts the fool but manipulates everyone, Kefka came to mind.
Glamour- someone that uses magic to charm everyone.
Whispers- someone that uses poisons and shadows. Naraku maybe from inyuyasha, the devious bastard was witty, sarcastic and used poison.

Huge problem with Primeval Guardian....so far posion ivy, hashirama senju, yamato, zets, groot, and kamui wood have been suggested (im asking here and several other people). Only thing all of them are missing is a weapon, as rangers normally use weapon (leaning heavily towards the ninjas).
Im inclined to exclude poison ivy, she doesnt really fit right (if their a seductive ranger?)

Ninja_Prawn
2017-05-18, 01:55 AM
I take it from the new thread title and discussion of video games that we're opening this up to wider pop culture? Like... books?

Nynaeve al'Meera from Wheel of Time is a life-domain favoured soul, without any doubt. The windfinders are probably storm sorcerers, but you might be able to shoehorn them in to whatever the 'sea sorcerer' is. I'd argue that Egwene al'Vere is an evoker or transmuter and Elayne Trakand is perhaps a diviner. Most of the Aes Sedai (except wilders) are wizards, to be honest, so it could be a good source if you're stuck for wizards.

Kvothe from Kingkiller Chronicle is 100% a bard (he probably multiclassed at some point, but bard is the foundation of his build). I'd say college of lore, so that fills another one in.

Jerrykhor
2017-05-18, 02:18 AM
Bard? Brook from One Piece, not sure what archetype though.
There is also Kubo, who is totally a Lore Bard.

j_spencer93
2017-05-18, 02:26 AM
I take it from the new thread title and discussion of video games that we're opening this up to wider pop culture? Like... books?

Nynaeve al'Meera from Wheel of Time is a life-domain favoured soul, without any doubt. The windfinders are probably storm sorcerers, but you might be able to shoehorn them in to whatever the 'sea sorcerer' is. I'd argue that Egwene al'Vere is an evoker or transmuter and Elayne Trakand is perhaps a diviner. Most of the Aes Sedai (except wilders) are wizards, to be honest, so it could be a good source if you're stuck for wizards.

Kvothe from Kingkiller Chronicle is 100% a bard (he probably multiclassed at some point, but bard is the foundation of his build). I'd say college of lore, so that fills another one in.

Not going to lie...it was always supposed to be all popculture...i didn't realize the stupidity of my title until earlier today lol.
KUBO! loved that move. he is in.
Brook...geez idk even know where to start with that.
The rest of these...i will have to look up i have little to no knowledge on them.

Also...oddly Phoenix sorcerer doesnt fit the phoenix the best...i think undying light does. lol

suplee215
2017-05-18, 04:57 AM
Moonboy has a Dinosaur. one of the Runaways (Gertude Stein and Chase something) has a smaller dinosaur. works well for ranger beastmaster

solidork
2017-05-18, 07:14 AM

The Aiel are pretty much perfect Scout Fighters/Rogues.

NecroDancer
2017-05-18, 07:33 AM
John Constitine is an arcane trickster if I ever saw one.

In the spirit of Marvel's new movie

Gamora: assassin rogue

Peter Quill: major spoiler

Rocket: gunsmith artificer

Groot: Druid/Barbarian

Drax: berserker barbarian

Mikemical
2017-05-18, 07:37 AM
I'm surprised nobody mentioned The Occultist from Darkest Dungeon as a Warlock with The Great Ancient One pact.
Also, John Constantine for Wizard Lore Master.

solidork
2017-05-18, 09:23 AM
John Constitine is an arcane trickster if I ever saw one.

Slap on a couple of Ritual Caster feats and I totally agree. He's probably actually a rogueish 1/2 caster in the vein of Paladin/Ranger that hasn't been created yet.

Also, John Constantine for Wizard Lore Master.

From what I've read though, he doesn't actually do a ton of magic, especially not stuff like Fireball.

Arkhios
2017-05-18, 09:37 AM
From what I've read though, he doesn't actually doa ton of magic, especially not stuff like Fireball.

True, but why would any wizard have to learn Fireball or similar spells? A wizard could be useful in other ways than mass destruction, or do you disagree? :smallwink:

solidork
2017-05-18, 10:31 AM
True, but why would any wizard have to learn Fireball or similar spells? A wizard could be useful in other ways than mass destruction, or do you disagree? :smallwink:

No, that's totally fair.

j_spencer93
2017-05-18, 10:49 AM
My problem is, i know nothing about Constantine. I can still use him I just want to make sure i have all the info first...from what i do know ritual caster would fit him very well. Uh....i somehow doubled posted....and the first post was half of this one wtf
How about Black Panther for beast master? I know it sort of odd, but i like black panther, he did have the Ebony blade at one point, he is magical, and he is a badass at tracking, survival, and fighting

From what his DC wiki page says he has done...he can be a lore master wizard easily
Ok so changed phoenix back to phoenix, white lantern as undying light (makes to much sense) and placed batman as inquisitive rogue (did not like him having magic).

Undying warlock is really being a pain...

Yhwach (bleach) seems like the most powerful divination option i can think of.

Almost done lol just about a dozen to go.

Actually wanted to use Hiei, Kurama, and shishiwakumaru too but they dont really fit anything

Beast Master ranger was obviously kiba from naruto, not sure how i missed that.
Like the idea of Black Panther for the Deep Stalker.

suplee215
2017-05-18, 09:09 PM
Warlock, Great Old One could easily be Moondragon. She is a telepath from Marvel (Daughter of Drax). Although her origin is closer to a monk (through training) she worships a god known as the Moondragon and has some back and forth discussion with them. If not Moon Dragon, Silver Surfer works extremely well for Great Old One as well except not a telepath. Galactus as a Warlock Patron seems clear.
Undying Warlock DC's Black Hand who ushers in an army of zombie Black Lanterns while worshipping Nekron.
Warlock Seeker Adam Warlock from Marvel fits well as does the New God Metron. Metron seems more like a patron for the subclass but he is a highly intelligent traveler looking for the answers to the universe. He also is not the first user of his chair which could be seen as his patron.
Sorcerer Favored Soul should so be Elixir. A mutant born with the power to heal people of extreme things. His powers just get extremely crazy, with the ability to give someone a tumor the shape of a smiley face.
Vengeance Paladin: Like any Red Lantern ever. They powered by the emotion rage, usually targeted at some wrong.
Crown Paladin: UA Agent work well. Similar to Captain America but a little bit more of a yes man.
Tranquility Monk: Yoda or Obi Wan seem to fit as do most Jedi.
Sheppard Druid: As weird as it is, Aquaman makes perfect sense although limited to the sea.
Twilight Druid: Doctor/Brother Voodoo seems to work well. He is a badass spellcaster similar to Doctor Strange (becoming his successor) and deals with the undead a lot more. Also is more spiritual than Doctor Strange due to his magic being his religion.
Nature Cleric: Animal Man
Bard College of Whispers: Joker and how no one said this already baffles me. He is so ****ing a Bard of Whispers it scares me.
Bard College of Glamour: Green Lantern seems to fit the inspiring part or at least supposed to. Maybe Blue Lantern (Hope emotion) works better though.

j_spencer93
2017-05-18, 09:42 PM
Warlock, Great Old One could easily be Moondragon. She is a telepath from Marvel (Daughter of Drax). Although her origin is closer to a monk (through training) she worships a god known as the Moondragon and has some back and forth discussion with them. If not Moon Dragon, Silver Surfer works extremely well for Great Old One as well except not a telepath. Galactus as a Warlock Patron seems clear.
Undying Warlock DC's Black Hand who ushers in an army of zombie Black Lanterns while worshipping Nekron.
Warlock Seeker Adam Warlock from Marvel fits well as does the New God Metron. Metron seems more like a patron for the subclass but he is a highly intelligent traveler looking for the answers to the universe. He also is not the first user of his chair which could be seen as his patron.
Sorcerer Favored Soul should so be Elixir. A mutant born with the power to heal people of extreme things. His powers just get extremely crazy, with the ability to give someone a tumor the shape of a smiley face.
Vengeance Paladin: Like any Red Lantern ever. They powered by the emotion rage, usually targeted at some wrong.
Crown Paladin: UA Agent work well. Similar to Captain America but a little bit more of a yes man.
Tranquility Monk: Yoda or Obi Wan seem to fit as do most Jedi.
Sheppard Druid: As weird as it is, Aquaman makes perfect sense although limited to the sea.
Twilight Druid: Doctor/Brother Voodoo seems to work well. He is a badass spellcaster similar to Doctor Strange (becoming his successor) and deals with the undead a lot more. Also is more spiritual than Doctor Strange due to his magic being his religion.
Nature Cleric: Animal Man
Bard College of Whispers: Joker and how no one said this already baffles me. He is so ****ing a Bard of Whispers it scares me.
Bard College of Glamour: Green Lantern seems to fit the inspiring part or at least supposed to. Maybe Blue Lantern (Hope emotion) works better though.

Ok...ok so used Black Hand for Long Death monk, if i moved him to undying who would take his place???
The rest i agree with and will be using.

This is what is left:
Bard
Valor
Swords

Cleric
Knowledge
Arcana
Grave
Protection

Fighter
Scout

Warlock
Undying

Wizard
Bladesinger
Artificer
War Magic

Specter
2017-05-18, 09:46 PM
I idea was to sort of use someone who was explicity the archetype. Although they all fit, most of those listed (I would say all) are not the first to come to mind when you think of that archetype but they are nontheless.
Joker could work
Inigo montoya is to obviously a swashbuckler...same reason i havent used jack sparrow for one.

Didn't I do exactly that?

j_spencer93
2017-05-18, 09:53 PM
Didn't I do exactly that?

Now that i am not almost passing out while typing, let me word that a lot better. Sorry man. No, what i was trying to say is, I want to use people my players wont automatically think of the class for. As we all have seen the movie, we all know exactly what he is. I actually may end up using him because its bothering me having nightcrawler as a swashbuckler, not sure why.
Also...i just saw that mistype, NOT explicitly. I realize i actually broke my own rule with Beast Boy. Everyone will guess exactly what he is.

Thats all sorted out, found someone i like for each place and filled in a tone more.

Jerrykhor
2017-05-18, 10:26 PM
I have a candidate for Bard, College of Swords - ETC from Heroes of the Storm. He uses an axe as his guitar.

j_spencer93
2017-05-18, 10:30 PM
Just finished that one actually lol sorry.

solidork
2017-05-18, 10:59 PM
You could use Jedi for the bards.

Grave Cleric - Sabriel/The Abhorsen, a title/bloodline empowered by semi-divine beings to combat the undead. They also make use of the necromantic implements of the setting (a series of magical bells), which fits with all the necromancy domain spells they get. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabriel

j_spencer93
2017-05-18, 11:04 PM
You could use Jedi for the bards.

Grave Cleric - Sabriel/The Abhorsen, a title/bloodline empowered by semi-divine beings to combat the undead. They also make use of the necromantic implements of the setting (a series of magical bells), which fits with all the necromancy domain spells they get. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabriel

bards are all done now.

No clue who or what the second is. After some quick reading, i have a new book series to look into. Torn between undying warlock or grave cleric.

solidork
2017-05-19, 12:26 PM
I've had a possible idea for a potential Arcana Cleric, if you're not opposed to taking inspiration from real world people/religions - what about someone (real or fictional) from ancient Egypt? I only know stuff from superficial googling, but the pharaoh was said to have powers bestowed upon them by the gods, but many in Egyptian society practiced a form of magic (hekma) that was said to have existed before the gods came into being.

Unfortunately, I don't know which historical figure/fictional character would be emblematic of both traditions. I tried searching for pharaohs that were particular interested in magic but there wasn't anything immediately apparent.

Specter
2017-05-19, 12:36 PM
It just ocurred to me, Rollo from Vikings would definitely be a Barbarian, probably a Berserker. "He fights like a crazy bear!"

suplee215
2017-05-19, 02:53 PM
If Black Hand is already taken for the Monk, you can use Nekron as the Undying Warlock. Might even have him as the central figure of worship for Black Hand's Monastery.
Green Lantern for Protection clerics work well. I'm thinking Hal Gordon. THey often focus on using their forcefields to protect their allies and civilians.

suplee215
2017-05-19, 03:06 PM
Prodigy from the X-23 generation of X-men/Young X-Men/New Mutants work perfectly for a knowledge cleric. His mutant power is he could gain the knowledge of everyone he was in the same room with. He just know stuff basically. And used it to become an expert in every field, even becoming the ultimate substitute teacher for the Xavier school. He lost the power to acquire new stuff but unlocked his memories to get all past knowledge.

j_spencer93
2017-05-19, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the advice. Liking my suggestions so far. Only two more and i am completely done. About 1/4 of the way done with the actual building of the characters too.

This is what is left:
Wizard
Artificer
War Magic

was thinking hawkman as fighter scout actually
Bladesinger could be Malekith the Accursed, it fits actually really well.

suplee215
2017-05-20, 08:16 AM
Doctor Doom for the artificer wizard combines the fact that he was the runner up for Doctor Strange's job and can make amazing tech, often lace with magic.
Wiccan/Asgardian from Young Avengers seems to fit a war mage although maybe not perfectly. trying to think of a more proper warrior mage.

j_spencer93
2017-05-20, 01:12 PM
Doctor doom does work. Never thought of it that way.
War Mage is the one im having trouble with, I need someone is is good at defending and blasting with magic. Wiccan may work, plus i like him.

solidork
2017-05-20, 01:16 PM
Warcraft mages are a good choice for War Magic, since they fight in the numerous conflicts of that universe. I tried to find a character that was explicitly a member of a military faction but most of the big name canon characters are members of an ostensibly neutral faction who assist the military. There are other characters that might fit better, but Jaina Proudmoore is probably your go to choice, especially since her father was a military commander.

Arkhios
2017-05-20, 03:27 PM
Any State Alchemist from FMA is in my opinion a good candidate for War Magic Tradition.

solidork
2017-05-20, 04:09 PM
Any State Alchemist from FMA is in my opinion a good candidate for War Magic Tradition.

Yeah, I spent a lot of time looking into them but couldn't find much info on them using protective magic. They were the best example of the 'military mage' trope I could find though.

NecroDancer
2017-05-20, 09:55 PM
Winston Smith is probably a mastermind rogue.